SpellTips is an addon that will modify your tooltips to show approximately how much damage or healing a spell will really do with Spell Power gear equipped. All tooltips are affected now even pets (only water elemental's currently) and the trainer window are supported so you must disable it from the UI screen to see base values anywhere. It is simplistic by design and coded to be very efficient.
- Find appropriate modifiers for the spells currently supported. - ongoing effort
- Clean up code - ongoing effort
- Translation - need people to report errors and try to fix them
- Hope for Blizzard to realize what a mistake it is for them to not be doing this in the default UI and then get it done themselves so that the values will be truly accurate. - expected 9 months after I quit the game ;p
- Several spells have slightly inaccurate values due to lack of information, please test and give feedback.
- Localization is up to users to help fix, if you notice something not working then look in the locale file for your language and fix the patterns to match the text for the spell correctly. If you really can't figure it out then post your language and classes of your characters and I'll update them.
- Glyphs are not supported and I have no plans to support them because although some glyphs are very straight forward in the effect they give, others drastically change spells and would be a nightmare to accommodate so I'm discriminating against them all.
Compatibility update for 4.0-4.2. The tables for spell data are not yet updated so numbers will not be accurate.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, and Boss Encounters
- 1,025,230 Monthly Downloads
- Bags & Inventory
- 481,343 Monthly Downloads
- Mail, Tooltip, Bags & Inventory, Professions, and Auction & Economy
- 334,076 Monthly Downloads
- 328,627 Monthly Downloads
- HealBot Continued
- Healer and Unit Frames
- 299,676 Monthly Downloads