ReforgeLite is a lightweight reforging calculator that helps you figure out the optimal strategy to reforge your gear given your stat weights and caps without leaving the game.
How to use it
To open the addon window, type /reforge or talk to the reforging master. On the left half of the window you can see your current item stats for reference.
On the right side you can set up stat weights/caps, or select an existing preset (presets are regularly updated from http://www.noxxic.com, which in turn gets its information from Elitist Jerks).
In the simplified mode, you can specify the stat priority, along with up to two capped stats (each capped stats can have an arbitrary number of breakpoints). If you want more control, you can go into advanced mode and enter the exact stats specific for your gear, obtained from a tool such as SimulationCraft.
Behind the hood, simplified mode sets the lowest stat to a weight of 100, and each next stat adds 20. When you switch between the two modes, ReforgeLite converts your current weights to the other format.
When you're done setting up weights/caps, press Calculate. The calculations are fairly memory/time intensive, so ReforgeLite might trade some precision for speed, though the losses should be minimal. You can press the Calculate button a few times if you want to try getting a better result, the output will always display the best result so far.
Once the calculation finishes, you will see a section with your stats after reforging, and the difference from your current stats. Click on the Show button to see which items should be reforged.
If the reforging UI is open, you can click on the Reforge button to automatically reforge all items in the selected way. Do not interfere in the process (clicking the cancel button or closing the reforging UI is fine). Caution: I'm only human, so while I try my best, I can not guarantee that this process is absolutely bug free, so its recommended to watch over the process. If you leave to make some tea and come back to find it spending thousands of gold reforging your boots over and over again, don't tell me I didn't warn you.
FAQ: The results seem incorrect. I'm getting too much/too little hit/expertise/etc.
First of all, with Mists of Pandaria, expertise now affects spell hit, so it is not uncommon for casters to reforge into some expertise (on items that already have hit) to reach the cap, especially at lower gear levels. Note that ReforgeLite directly adds your expertise rating to hit rating, which is not the way it is displayed in the game, but it is more convenient when verifying the result.
Also, keep in mind that ReforgeLite uses your currently active spec to decide which stat conversions are in place, so if you're a Paladin trying to reforge your Protection gear while in Holy spec, you will likely get very little hit because it thinks you get enough from expertise.
If you are still not satisfied with the results, feel free to e-mail me (at [email protected]) with a brief description of the problem and a debug log (found at the bottom of the scrollable arera, in the options category).
FAQ: I'm using certain items for my off-spec and I don't want their reforge changed.
Simply click on an item icon in the large stats table, this will lock the item's reforge.
FAQ: More caps?
This is a very popular demand, and I'm sorry to tell you that it is not possible with the algorithm I'm currently using. I'm fairly sure the only other way to go is a brute force approach, which is simply way too slow to work in a Lua environment. There are plenty of external tools that employ it, such as http://www.wowreforge.com. I will be adding an import option in the near future to make it easier to use their results.
FAQ: Decimal weights?
You might notice that you can't enter anything besides digits in the weight boxes. This was done for simplicity's sake, and it does not limit you at all - you can multiply all your weights by a 100 (or whatever you prefer) to make them integers, and that would not affect the result at all.
- Updated PvP item level cap to 550
- Added support for 4/4 upgrades (thanks Dridzt)
- Fixed a typo
- Fixed new trinkets with % stat bonuses (hopefully)
- Reduced memory footprint
- Really updated item upgrade data
- Added support for new trinkets with % stat bonuses
- Updated item upgrade data
- Updated TOC
- Updated stat presets
- Fixed PvP item scaling
- Note that new trinkets that provide a % stat increase are not supported yet; expect a fix soon
- Added a missing Parsers.lua file
- Import button no longer shows a dropdown, because all popular calculators use the same format
- Added option to downscale items to 496 for PvP
- Fixed Stance of the Wise Serpent haste bonus for Mistweaver Monks
- Added an option to import reforges (currently only supports wowreforge.com)
- Updated all presets, again
- Fixed & improved item stat calculation (via a giant table)
- Simple mode now makes it clear that only two caps are allowed
- Fixed a typo
- Improved previous upgrade algorithm instead of tooltip parsing
- Hotfix tooltip parsing
- Item upgrades should work correctly now
- Updated a couple presets
- Maybe fixed expertise-to-hit
- Updated item scaling
- Updated TOC line to 5.3
- Updated all presets
- Updated TOC line
- Fixed a typo that caused an error
- Fixed a bug with expertise for casters
- Fixed 25-man item upgrades (Asian version)
- Fixed expertise for Dwarf hunters
- Slightly reduced the default calculation speed; slider isn't back yet
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the addon from loading on certain characters
- Updated to work with item upgrades
- Fixed a couple lua errors reported earlier
- Fixed a couple settings not getting saved as reported by Tharai
- Fixed a critical bug that caused reforging to get stuck reforging the same item
- Expertise to hit should be working now
- Fixed bugs in ReforgeLite.lua:1257 and ReforgeEngine.lua:44
- Fixed some more bugs, this time I actually did some testing and it seems to be working fine
- Fixed another small bug..
- Fixed a small bug in 1.13 that prevented loading presets
- Partially reworked interface, removed unneeded buttons.
Speed slider is gone (optimal speed is automatically determinted), saved result section is gone
(main result area now shows the best overall result).
- Tanking mode was removed as CTC cap is gone and tanks will be more interested in other stats now
- Added priority mode for more user friendly configuration
- Updated all presets
- Fixed some taint issues (hopefully?)
- Now automatically deletes relic reforge data
- Only presets for your class are now listed
- Changed supported game version to 5.0.4
- PRESETS NOT UPDATED YET
- Updated for MoP (currently works with both live and beta)
- Moved target level to weights section to avoid confusion
- Added reforge saving options
- Some bug fixes
- Fixed some presets
- Tanking calculations now correctly handle items like Resolve of Undying
- Redid all presets based on EJ threads
- "Open window when reforging" now also closes the window when reforge UI is closed
- Tanking model reworked. It only appears for paladins/warriors/deathknights (druids don't need to balance dodge/parry/block).
Additionally, it gives you an option to simulate buffs such as Kings, Str/Agi, flasks and food in order to correctly reforge
to block cap.
- Added Reset button to show current stats (mostly so tanks can see their current CTC easily)
- Added Debug button at the buttom of Settings: if you think that something is wrong, e-mail the dump provided by this
option to firstname.lastname@example.org so I can find the problem.
- Don't remember what I fixed, but uploading anyway so the latest fix isn't marked as beta
- Fixed tanking reforge
- Added an option to display reforged stats in item tooltips
- Should no longer freeze when preset button is clicked with Pawn installed
- Few minor bug fixes and improvements
- Fixed and improved calculation algorithms (hopefully)
- Spirit-to-hit no longer disables second stat cap; it should now prefer spirit over hit whenever possible
- Tanking mode added, allowing tanks to maximize total avoidance and/or block
- Individual items can be locked by clicking on their icons in the stats table
- If Pawn is installed, its scales will be available in Presets dropdown
- Enhance with Primal Precision (and Feral with Balance of Power) no longer blocks second cap. Spirit-to-hit conversion is ignored
- Fixed a couple typos
- Fixed and improved spirit-to-hit option. It now automatically detects spirit-to-hit talents, and only allows using one stat cap.
- Output window now uses checkboxes, so users can select which items they want to skip reforging. Also, irrelevant reforges aren't
- Reforging is now a bit faster and makes a lot less noise, but users shouldn't interfere in the process, otherwise results are
- Marking as release
- Added weight presets for all classes/specs.
- Added Pawn import.
- Result stats table now updates as stats/weights change, instead of being computed once.
- Lots of fixes and improvements.
** v1.02 Beta
- Recoded stat caps. It is now possible to set multiple cap values for the same stat (barely affecting performance). For example,
fury warriors can set multiple soft caps for hit rating.
- It is now possible to use preset values for stat caps, e.g. Melee hit cap.
- Some settings added at the bottom of the scroll frame.
- Minor fixes and improvements.
** v1.01 Beta
- Added Reforge button to output window that reforges all items in the specified way (only works when reforging UI is open).
- Few minor fixes.
** v1.00 Beta
- Submitting initial version.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, and Boss Encounters
- 1,362,506 Monthly Downloads
- 945,095 Monthly Downloads
- Bags & Inventory, Mail, Quests & Leveling, Professions, and Guild
- 428,842 Monthly Downloads
- 328,902 Monthly Downloads
- Plugins, Achievements, and Map & Minimap
- 325,401 Monthly Downloads