ReforgeLite is a lightweight reforging calculator that helps you figure out the optimal strategy to reforge your gear given your stat weights and caps without leaving the game.
How to use it
To open the addon window, type /reforge or talk to the reforging master. On the left half of the window you can see your current item stats for reference.
On the right side you can set up stat weights/caps, or select an existing preset.
You can select up to two capped stats (e.g. hit rating and expertise rating). For each stat, you can select an arbitrary number of threshold values which change the weight of the stat once it passes this value. You can either set the threshold value manually, or use a preset (e.g. melee hit cap). You can also force the stat value to be above or below the treshold.
Alternatively, you can uncheck the "Specify weights" box and set up stat priorities via a more intuitive interface. Again, you can only have two capped stats - e.g. if you specify limits for hit and expertise, setting limits for haste will have no effect.
When you're done setting up weights/caps, press Calculate. Since it might take too much time (and run out of memory due to Lua limitations), it might trade some precision for speed, but the loss should be minimal. You can click the Calculate button several times to achieve the best result.
Once the calculation finishes, you will see a section with your stats after reforging, and the difference from your current stats. Click on the Show button to see which items should be reforged. Items that you have already reforged in the suggested way will have checks next to them; you can check some items manually if you do not wish to reforge them.
If the reforging UI is open, you can click on the Reforge button to automatically reforge all items in the selected way. Do not interfere in the process (clicking the cancel button or closing the reforging UI is fine). Caution: some users have reported it getting stuck reforging the same item over and over, so it is best to watch the process to avoid losing gold.
- I'm getting wrong results: If you think the results you got are incorrect, first make sure the weights are set up correctly. E.g. if you set mastery higher than crit, don't be surprised that your items are reforged to mastery. If you still think something is wrong, click the Debug button at the bottom of settings, and e-mail the dump to me at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can find the problem.
- Updated all presets
- Updated TOC line
- Fixed a typo that caused an error
- Fixed a bug with expertise for casters
- Fixed 25-man item upgrades (Asian version)
- Fixed expertise for Dwarf hunters
- Slightly reduced the default calculation speed; slider isn't back yet
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the addon from loading on certain characters
- Updated to work with item upgrades
- Fixed a couple lua errors reported earlier
- Fixed a couple settings not getting saved as reported by Tharai
- Fixed a critical bug that caused reforging to get stuck reforging the same item
- Expertise to hit should be working now
- Fixed bugs in ReforgeLite.lua:1257 and ReforgeEngine.lua:44
- Fixed some more bugs, this time I actually did some testing and it seems to be working fine
- Fixed another small bug..
- Fixed a small bug in 1.13 that prevented loading presets
- Partially reworked interface, removed unneeded buttons.
Speed slider is gone (optimal speed is automatically determinted), saved result section is gone
(main result area now shows the best overall result).
- Tanking mode was removed as CTC cap is gone and tanks will be more interested in other stats now
- Added priority mode for more user friendly configuration
- Updated all presets
- Fixed some taint issues (hopefully?)
- Now automatically deletes relic reforge data
- Only presets for your class are now listed
- Changed supported game version to 5.0.4
- PRESETS NOT UPDATED YET
- Updated for MoP (currently works with both live and beta)
- Moved target level to weights section to avoid confusion
- Added reforge saving options
- Some bug fixes
- Fixed some presets
- Tanking calculations now correctly handle items like Resolve of Undying
- Redid all presets based on EJ threads
- "Open window when reforging" now also closes the window when reforge UI is closed
- Tanking model reworked. It only appears for paladins/warriors/deathknights (druids don't need to balance dodge/parry/block).
Additionally, it gives you an option to simulate buffs such as Kings, Str/Agi, flasks and food in order to correctly reforge
to block cap.
- Added Reset button to show current stats (mostly so tanks can see their current CTC easily)
- Added Debug button at the buttom of Settings: if you think that something is wrong, e-mail the dump provided by this
option to email@example.com so I can find the problem.
- Don't remember what I fixed, but uploading anyway so the latest fix isn't marked as beta
- Fixed tanking reforge
- Added an option to display reforged stats in item tooltips
- Should no longer freeze when preset button is clicked with Pawn installed
- Few minor bug fixes and improvements
- Fixed and improved calculation algorithms (hopefully)
- Spirit-to-hit no longer disables second stat cap; it should now prefer spirit over hit whenever possible
- Tanking mode added, allowing tanks to maximize total avoidance and/or block
- Individual items can be locked by clicking on their icons in the stats table
- If Pawn is installed, its scales will be available in Presets dropdown
- Enhance with Primal Precision (and Feral with Balance of Power) no longer blocks second cap. Spirit-to-hit conversion is ignored
- Fixed a couple typos
- Fixed and improved spirit-to-hit option. It now automatically detects spirit-to-hit talents, and only allows using one stat cap.
- Output window now uses checkboxes, so users can select which items they want to skip reforging. Also, irrelevant reforges aren't
- Reforging is now a bit faster and makes a lot less noise, but users shouldn't interfere in the process, otherwise results are
- Marking as release
- Added weight presets for all classes/specs.
- Added Pawn import.
- Result stats table now updates as stats/weights change, instead of being computed once.
- Lots of fixes and improvements.
** v1.02 Beta
- Recoded stat caps. It is now possible to set multiple cap values for the same stat (barely affecting performance). For example,
fury warriors can set multiple soft caps for hit rating.
- It is now possible to use preset values for stat caps, e.g. Melee hit cap.
- Some settings added at the bottom of the scroll frame.
- Minor fixes and improvements.
** v1.01 Beta
- Added Reforge button to output window that reforges all items in the specified way (only works when reforging UI is open).
- Few minor fixes.
** v1.00 Beta
- Submitting initial version.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, and Boss Encounters
- 1,256,659 Monthly Downloads
- AtlasLoot Enhanced
- Map & Minimap, Professions, Arena, and Boss Encounters
- 523,111 Monthly Downloads
- Bags & Inventory
- 512,814 Monthly Downloads
- Deadly Boss Mods - Burning Crusade and Vanilla mods
- Combat and Boss Encounters
- 375,867 Monthly Downloads
- 355,606 Monthly Downloads