Rematch is a pet journal alternative for managing pets and teams.
- Save and load teams per target.
- Store unlimited teams in up to 12 user-defined tabs.
- Manage and automatically slot leveling pets with the Leveling Queue.
- Find counters with extended pet filters such as Strong Vs and Tough Vs.
- Search for abilities and text within abilities.
- Add notes to teams or pets as reminders or to find later with search.
- Send teams to other Rematch users or share with plain-text exported teams.
- Use integrated with the journal or in a minimizable standalone window.
- And much, much more!
How to use
Rematch initially replaces your default pet journal. You can switch back to the default journal anytime by unchecking the Rematch checkbox at the bottom of the journal.
A minimizable standalone window can be summoned a few ways:
- From a key binding defined in the default key binding interface.
- /rematch macro command.
- "Use Minimap Button" in options will create a minimap button.
- From its LDB button if you have a Broker infobar addon.
Tooltips explain many parts of the addon. Poke around and experiment! Check out the options. There are several views and a lot of features to the addon you can discover over time.
You can save an unlimited number of teams in up to 12 user-defined tabs.
- When saving a team, if you choose a target, Rematch will know what team to load when you interact with that target later.
- Teams that contain a target are named in white. Teams without a target are named in gold.
- In options you can choose to automatically load these team when you interact with their target, or to prompt instead for more control over when their teams load.
- The standard behavior of a team tab is to sort all teams alphabetically. You can rearrange the order of teams by right-clicking its tab and checking "Custom Sort". While checked, right-click teams within the tab to move them around.
- You can add notes to a team from its right-click menu. These notes can be used for strategies, for tagging purposes (search will include these notes) or any other information you want. Notes can be up to 4k in length.
To help make these teams, Rematch has expanded filter options, a TypeBar (opened by clicking the arrow next to the search box) for easily finding counters, and enhanced search ability.
If you open the TypeBar there are three tabs: Types, Strong Vs and Tough Vs:
- Types allows you to quickly filter to a specific type or group of types.
- Strong Vs will filter the list to pets that do increased damage to the chosen types. For instance choosing Magic will list all pets with attacks that are strong against Magic (all pets with Dragonkin attacks).
- Tough Vs will filter the list to pets that receive reduced damage to the chosen types. For instance choosing Magic will list all Mechanical pets.
- You can combine these to find double counters: For instance Chi-Chi, Hatchling of Chi-Ji is a flying pet with all elemental attacks. If you select Strong Vs Flying and Tough Vs Elemental you'll get a list of snails and other critters with magic attacks.
In the search box, you can not only search for the names of pets and their source, you can also search for:
- Abilities ("Call Lightning" will list all pets that have this ability.)
- Text within abilities ("Bleed" will list all pets that cause a target to Bleed or is affected by Bleeding.)
- Level ranges ("level=25" or "level>10" or "level=8-13" will display specific levels or a range of levels.)
- Stat ranges ("health>700" or "speed=250-350" or "power>276" are some examples.)
- Information about pets are found in a pet card that acts like a tooltip.
- Clicking a pet while viewing its card will lock the card in place so you can mouseover parts of the card for more details.
- While viewing a pet card, hold <Alt> to flip the card to its back for its lore and where the pet can be found. You can also mouseover the icons at the top of the card to flip it over.
- Like teams, pets can have notes attached to them from their right-click menu. You can use these notes for anything you want to remember about them, or for tagging purposes: add "#find" in notes for pets you want to find, and then search for "#find" to list all pets with this tag.
Rematch has a robust system for leveling pets with the leveling queue. The queue is a place to put all the pets you want to level.
- You can order the queue however you like, or let the addon sort the queue for you.
- When you save a team with one of these leveling pets, its slot will be reserved for future leveling pets (noted by a blue up-arrow icon).
- When loading a team with a saved leveling slot, the reserved slot will be filled by the top-most pet from the queue (or the most preferred, see below).
- You can also right-click a pet in the team list and choose "Put Leveling Pet Here" to convert it to a leveing pet.
- When a pet reaches level 25 (gratz!) it will automatically leave the queue and the next leveling pet will take its place.
- In the Queue button menu, you can fill the queue with many pets at once. For instance: in the pet panel, filter pets to High Level (15-24) and Rare, then choose Fill Queue to add level 15-24 rares to the queue.
- For some opponents, just grabbing the top pet from the queue can kill your low level pets, or you want finer control over what pets load for a specific target. If you right-click a team that contains a leveling pet, you can click "Set Preferences" to choose various health and level ranges to refine which pet the queue will pick when a team loads.
Teams can be shared with friends directly in-game or through an export/import feature.
- To share a team in-game with another Rematch user, right-click a team and choose Share->Send Team. A dialog will ask for a name, which can be either an online character or a battle.net friend. If it reports the team was succesfully sent, the recipient now has a popup with your team they can save.
- You can also share teams by exporting them either in Plain Text or as a String from the same Share menu. If you paste this text or string elsewhere, someone else can import your team by copy and pasting it into the Import Teams dialog.
- You can share with yourself too! If you don't regularly backup your SavedVariables and want an easy way to backup your teams, right-click a team tab and Export Tab. It will export the whole tab in string format. Paste this text in an email to yourself or in a text file someplace to keep a backup of your teams.
A major goal with Rematch is to make it behave well regardless of what other battle pet addons you're using.
- If you have one of the addons Battle Pet Breed ID, PetTracker Breeds (included with PetTracker), or LibPetBreedInfo-1.0, Remach will display the breed alongside each pet and a list of possible breeds on the pet card. Other breed-specific features become available too, like filtering and viewing potential stats as a 25 rare.
- If you have the addon Pet Battle Teams enabled, "Import From Pet Battle Teams" is added to the Teams button menu to copy all of your PBT teams to Rematch, repairing them if need be.
- If you choose to continue using PBT alongside Rematch (many do!), make sure you lock your PBT teams or auto save in PBT is disabled. The default behavior of PBT is to change the pets in your currently-selected team to whatever is loaded.
- If you have a Broker infobar addon or TitanPanel, it will create a button on your bars to toggle Rematch.
- If Rematch is hiding an addon you want to access on the default journal, remember to uncheck "Rematch" at the bottom of the journal. You can turn Rematch back on whenever you want, or use the standalone Rematch window and leave the default journal and other addons alone.
Long-time users will know that features get added (and occasionally removed!) over time. I'm always open to suggestions for new features, but with a careful scope to prevent the addon from becoming a bloated behemoth.
The scope of the addon is limited to features that would make sense in a pet journal or in the manipulation of teams. Rematch will stay out of battles and avoid features not related to pets or teams.
Some of the features currently planned:
- Refactoring/possibly moving UI to a Load-on-Demand module.
- Ensure compatability with upcoming Legion.
- Options to adjust max level preferences due to xp buffs/events.
- Supporting breeds on export/import.
- Multiple search terms at once.
- Allow multiple targets to be stored in a team.
- Allow multiple teams to be stored for a target.
- Understudy on pet card for loading an alternative pet if it's dead or injured.
- A method of choosing alternate teams if the saved team has dead or injured pets.
- A "team builder" mode that lets you slot pets you don't own or abilities that pets can't use yet.
A big thanks to the following for translating Rematch! Thanks guys!
- German (deDE) thanks to Aranesh of Lothar-EU from wow-petguide.com.
- Chinese(zhTW) thanks to gaspy10 from curse.com.
- Korean (koKR) thanks to IrisNib from curse.com.
There's a great deal more to Rematch. Play around with it and experiment. See if you can create new team combos that have never been tried before. Thanks for using it!
If you have any suggestions, feedback, bugs to report or anything else you'd like to share, feel free to leave a comment here.
01/26/2016 version 4.1.9
- "Safari Hat Reminder" option will now react to any low level pet loaded regardless of whether it's assigned to a loaded team.
- Added /rematch debug command to export settings and other relevant details for potential debugging purposes.
- Fix for lua error when minimum level preferences is not a whole level (ie 4.5).
01/25/2016 version 4.1.8
- Added option "Safari Hat Reminder" under Toolbar Options to draw attention to the safari hat button when a team with a leveling pet is loaded and the safari hat is not equipped; and to summon the Rematch window when a team with a leveling pet loads and the safari hat is not equipped.
- Made the pet type textures in pet/queue normal lists a little brighter so they're easier to see.
- Changed pet card ability type textures to a style similar to pet lists.
- Fixed bug where dragging minimized window to edge of screen and maximizing would not minimize again back to the anchor corner chosen in options.
- Minor internal changes.
01/15/2016 version 4.1.7
- Korean (koKR) localization by IrisNib from curse.com.
- The code for the arrangement of the standalone window has been rewritten.
- Toolbar and panel buttons reworked:
- In the single panel view, the window now defaults to using the red panel buttons (Save/Save As/Find Battle) across the bottom, and the toolbar buttons are moved to the top. This is to make the journal, dual panel and single panel views consistent.
- The order of toolbar buttons are slightly rearranged to be in a consistent order across all views. Default from left to right: Revive Battle Pets, Battle Pet Bandage, Safari Hat, Lesser Pet Treat, Pet Treat, Summon Random Pet, Save, Save As and Find Battle.
- Added option "Move Toolbar To Bottom" in new option category "Toolbar Options" to move the toolbar to the bottom of single panel and dual panel views.
- The "Reverse Toolbar Buttons" option is moved to "Toolbar Options" and will reverse the order of all buttons instead of some.
- To minimize the impact of the above changes to existing users, when an existing user logs in to the update, a one-time check will see if they have Single Panel Mode active. If so, "Move Toolbar To Bottom" will be automatically checked and "Reverse Toolbar Buttons" will be reversed.
- The little "Pet Count" window in the journal and dual panel view is also being added to the toolbar in single panel view when space permits.
- Cooldown spinners added to Safari Hat, Battle Pet Bandage, and Summon Random Pet buttons.
- Trimmed extra space on right edge of tooltips when text wraps early.
- The button to toggle Single Panel Mode in the topleft of the standalone window is disabled while the window is minimized.
- Fixed bug where going from single panel view with combined pets+queue tab to journal will make an obscenely wide queue stay on screen.
- Files removed: NarrowPanel.xml NarrowPanel.lua TopPanel.xml TopPanel.lua
- Files added: Configure.lua Collection.xml Collection.lua
01/04/2016 version 4.1.6
- zhTW localization by gaspy10 from curse.com.
- Clicking a treat button while its buff is active will warn that the buff is already up and abort the cast. (Casting a treat while a buff is active would not increase its duration.)
- When logging in with a treat buff active from a previous session, its cooldown spinner will reflect the remaining time since you logged in. (This is a temporary workaround until the cooldown bug is fixed on Blizzard's end.)
- Fix for bug with script filter iterator function AllAbilities causing abilities to be misread (most notably causing non-unique pets to list with Unique Pets script filter).
- Fix for lua error when breed filtering encounters a "New" breed via Battle Pet Breed ID.
01/01/2016 version 4.1.5
- Changed lore background on back of the pet card to make it more readable.
- Pet card will now always accomodate complete lore text by resizing to fit when needed.
- Added option "Alternate Lore Font" under Pet Card & Notes Options, to use a less fancy font for lore.
- Added option "Show After Pet Battle" under Team & Targeting Options, to show the preferred window when leaving a pet battle.
- Added option "Hide On Toolbar Right Click" under Miscellaneous Options, to dismiss the Rematch window when a toolbar button is used with a right click.
- Enabled [condition]s for the /rematch command, so you can do stuff like "/rematch [btn:2] One Team; Another Team".
- Fix for queue's scrollbar being disabled when its height changes and it would not be needed at full height but is needed at a shortened height.
- Fix for pinned pet card flickering or not showing when mouse happens to be over where possible breeds would be displayed.
12/21/2015 version 4.1.4
- New scripted pet filter system, to create custom pet filters. See the help buttons in the New Script dialog for more.
- A few default script filters are included:
- Unnamed Pets: Collected pets that still have their original name.
- Partially Leveled: Pets that have earned some xp in battle.
- Unique Abilities: Pets with abilities not shared by other pets.
- Pets Without Rares: Collected battle pets that have no rare version.
- Hybrid Counters: Pets with three or more attack types different than their pet type.
- While the pet card is locked, a highlight will remain over the pet being viewed.
- Added a popup when a Rematch update adds new files (like this one does) and the update is attempted while logged into the game.
12/04/2015 version 4.1.3
- Fix for teams not being moved properly when a team tab is deleted.
- Fix for pet list filtered for Other->Leveling/Not Leveling not updating when pets added/removed from the queue.
12/01/2015 version 4.1.2
- Added option "Use Custom Scale" under Standalone Window Options, to scale the standalone window anywhere from 50% to 200% of its original size in 5% increments.
- Removed option "Smaller Standalone Window" under Standalone Window Options. Anyone with this setting will automatically have Use Custom Scale enabled with a scale of 80%.
- Instead of forgetting any targets interacted during combat/battle after combat/battle ends, it will only note interacted npcs when not in combat/battle.
- Shift-click of pets that would ordinarily pick up a pet will now link the pet to chat.
- Fix for pets not being draggable in the queue while the window is a non-standard scale (formerly Smaller Standalone Window option).
11/29/2015 version 4.1.1
- "No Preferences" option in queue menu renamed "Pause Preferences".
- The preferences button at the top of queue and in the loaded team panel can be used to pause/resume the queue by right-clicking it (tooltip mentions this too).
- An indicator appears on said button when preferences are paused.
- Added breed filter support for LibPetBreedInfo-1.0.
- Fixed bug reporting possible breeds as "Unknown" with LibPetBreedInfo-1.0.
- Removed debug code replacing player name in default unit frame with a number when pets dragged around in queue.
11/26/2015 version 4.1.0
- deDE localization by Aranesh Lothar-EU from www.wow-petguide.com.
- Added options to make the UI more familiar to Rematch 3.x users:
- "Compact List Format" under Appearance Options will list pets and teams in compact, thin buttons instead of the default-like lists.
- The suboption "Use Smaller Text Too" will give an authentic eye-squinting experience.
- If you choose this style of list, it will be used both in the journal and standalone views.
- "Combine Pets And Queue" is a new Single Panel Mode option to move the queue into the pets panel while in the standalone window.
- Added team tab leveling preferences:
- You can now change leveling preferences of a tab by right-clicking the tab and choosing Set Preferences.
- Tabs with preferences will have a little blue arrow icon on the tab.
- All teams within the tab will use those leveling preferences.
- When both a team and its tab have a preference, the tab's preference will take priority.
- In Leveling Queue Options, added "Prefer Living Pets" to skip dead pets in the queue.
- In the Save As... dialog, if leveling pets are slotted, added checkbox "Save Without Leveling Slots" to save leveling pets as themselves.
- Added option category Pet Filters and moved relevant options into it.
- Added Pet Filters option "Don't Reset Search With Filters" to not wipe the search box when filters are reset.
- Added a ! beside new options and headers that contain new options.
- Added cooldown spinners to treat buttons for remaining duration while buffs are up.
- Added "Has Notes" pet filter under "Other" filter group.
- Made Save and Load buttons in target panel much bigger.
- Centered target panel in single panel mode while targeting a saved target.
- Target panel will flash the first time it notices a saved team to load.
- Added more icon choices for team tabs: icons of all battle pets and worn or carried items.
- Fixed bug causing empty imported preferences to be saved as 0 values.
- Potential fix for auto load not working after combat when it failed during combat.
- Made loaded team and summoned pet list indicators more similar.
- Other minor aesthetic changes.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, Minigames, and Boss Encounters
- 896,651 Monthly Downloads
- 824,904 Monthly Downloads
- AtlasLoot Enhanced
- Map & Minimap, Professions, Arena, and Boss Encounters
- 694,431 Monthly Downloads
- Titan Panel
- Plugins and Titan Panel
- 478,455 Monthly Downloads
- Achievements, Quests & Leveling, and Map & Minimap
- 458,363 Monthly Downloads