Rewatch is an addon to help you monitor your healing-over-time (HoT) spells as a druid. There's an easy main window which you can move around, which will contain six bars for every target; a healthbar, energy-/rage-/manabar, lifebloom bar, rejuvenation bar, regrowth bar and a wild growth bar. Simply click a spell bar to cast that spell on that specific player and watch the clicked bar channel down as the corresponding HoT spell runs out.
Party- and raidhealing has never been so easy!
- '''If you're updating from a version prior 5.4, delete these files ''first'':
- World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/'''accountname'''/SavedVariables/Rewatch.*
- World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/Rewatch/*
- '''Highly recommended usage with ''/cast [target=mouseover, exists, help] Lifebloom; Lifebloom'' macro!
- '''Check this page for the macro's I use: http://wow.curseforge.com/projects/rewatch/pages/macros/
Just extract this entire folder to your World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/ folder and run the game. By default, this AddOn will be enabled on every character. No need to disable it for your non-druid classes by the way; it will not load on these characters so you won't have to bother about that.
After installing the AddOn, all you will need to do is launch the game and log in to your druid character. You will notice the Rewatch frame in the middle of your screen. The odds are small you want the AddOn to be placed here - just move it to it's new location by click&dragging the entire frame to the desired location; there's a small bar at the bottom of the frame that is left blank so you can always use that to drag it around.
Adding and removing players
Players are automatically added to the list once you group with them, and will also be automatically removed if one of them (or you) leaves. If there's a player in the list you don't want to have in there anymore, simply right-click his/her healthbar and click '''Remove player''' to remove the player. By doing this, however, you will automatically turn off the auto-adjust to group feature to prevent the removed player from popping back up again. You can turn this feature back on in the options menu, or typing '''/rewatch autogroup 1'''.
Manually adding players is allowed through the '''/rewatch add [_target||<name>]''' command. Erh, that means, typing '''/rewatch add''' will try to add your current target, or you can specify a name using '''/rewatch add namehere'''. If you're persistent and want to add someone that doesn't exist, you can, just add the word '''always''' after the name of the player you specified. To quickly add pets, right-click their owner's HP bar and click '''Add his/her pet'''.
If you wish to target a player from your list, left-click on his/her healthbar. To cast or refresh his/her Lifebloom, simply click on the Lifebloom bar, which is the top one. Same goes for Rejuvenation, Regrowth and Wild Growth, just click the bar! They are listed in that order. You'll see the clicked bar channel down as this player's corresponding HoT spell runs out. The first small button to the bottom left of a player frame is the Swiftmend button; just click it to cast a Swiftmend on that player. If the player is cursed or poisoned, the Remove Corruption button will fade-in next to the Swiftmend button.Simply click it to cure your pal! When you specced for it, magic debuffs also trigger this. As of recent, Thorns is also added as button... It's not a healing spell but it's damn useful! And for those that want to use Healing Touch or Nourish, those are also available as buttons. And for every casted spell: rightclick or click with a modifier (shift, ctrl, alt) pops Nature's Swiftness along with the heal for some instant recovery! All of the important spells, right at a single click away. Told you it was easy!
For those that prefer mouse-over macro's, these work on the Rewatch player frames as well. Just mouse-over the playerframe of the player you want to heal, and hit the keybind to your mouse-over macro. You can find these macro's here: http://wow.curseforge.com/projects/rewatch/pages/macros/. I definitely recommend using this!
You can adjust the AddOn to fit your needs in the options menu, accessible through the command '''/rewatch options''' or '''Esc > Interface > AddOns > Rewatch'''. Note that these options are not processed live; you will have to click '''Okay''' to save and confirm changes before they have effect. That means if you click '''Cancel''', all options will revert back. Exception to this are the bars- and framecolors, these are directly processed and have no undo feature.
Did you know?!
- Did you know you can shift-click on a dead player's HP bar to rez him? Automatically choses CR in combat and a normal rez when out of combat!
- The cooldown of CR is displayed on the Nourish button. Nature's Swiftness cooldown is displayed on the Healing Touch button.
- Have you ever tried '''/rewatch sort'''?
- If you use commandline commands much, you can save yourself some typing by using '''/rew''' instead of '''/rewatch'''!
- Only using Rewatch for the tanks? You can disable the auto-group feature and then write a macro to add the tanks you know by '''/rewatch add tankname''' - if the tank's not in your group they won't be added.
- Different frame control; Forced height. You can use '''/rewatch forcedHeight [number]''' to define the height instead of the 'Number of frames' width!
- Limit the total number of frames in your Rewatch frame by using '''/rewatch maxPlayers [number]'''.
- Rightclick, shift-click, ctrl-click or alt-click a spellbar or -button to cast Nature's Swiftness in addition to the spell.
- Rightclick the main Rewatch frame to lock it!
Q: How do I control who's in my Rewatch frame? It's so crowded in 25 mans!
In 25-mans, you usually only prefer to have the tanks on your frame, or other important players. It's hard for the AddOn to decide who's important and who isn't, though. So there are two ways in which you can set up your Rewatch frame;
- Wait until the raid's full and remove every non-tank from the frame by rightclicking their HP bars and choosing '''Remove player'''
- Disable the auto-adjust-to-group feature before joining and manually add every tank using '''/rew add tankname'''.
Q: How can I see the number Lifebloom stacked?
A: Lifebloom stacks are indicated by colors. There's a configurable color for the Lifebloom bar if you have 1 stacked, 2 stacked or 3 stacked!
Q: Where is the Rewatch AddOn? I can't find it!
A: Check if you have extracted it in the World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns folder. If it still won't show up, make sure you log on your druid! ;)
Q: Where can I adjust some settings?
SHORT A: Type '''/rewatch options'''.<br> LONG A: There are two ways available to do this; you can either configure the AddOn through the /rewatch commands. Type '''/rewatch help''' in-game to get a list of all available commandline commands. This is the original way of configuring I made and allows for all commands to be given by commandline. If you're a little bit familiar with macros, you can even have macros perform these commands. But, for better convenience, you can also configure stuff through the WoW's UI interface menu. Hit Escape, click Interface and the click the AddOn tab - in the AddOn list there should be a Rewatch item, click it and you will see the commandline options in a UI form there. A shortcut to this frame is implemented commandline as well; just type '''/rewatch options'''.
Q: Rewatch looks strange, how can I reset it to it's defaults?
A: You can use the options menu to set it to it's default, but this won't likely solve your issue. You've probably updated from a previous version and forgot to remove some old configuration files. Exit WoW, delete all World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/'''accountname'''/SavedVariables/Rewatch.* files and load up WoW again. That should do it.
Q: Why do I get an error when trying to re-sort the list in the WoW UI panel?
A: This error occurs if you disabled the auto-adjust to group feature. Resorting is actually just a clear, and then puts all grouped players back in a correct order. But this cannot be performed since you didn't allow the AddOn to adjust to the group! So make sure this feature is enabled before hitting the button. If you're in the WoW UI, make sure you clicked the '''Done''' button when changing the checkbox, because else the new check state will not be saved. Also, typing '''/rewatch autogroup 1''' will re-enable it.
Q: It doesn't automatically put players on my Rewatch list anymore! Why?
A: Because you told Rewatch you don't want it to. You probably removed a player from the list by right-clicking his/her healthbar and clicking '''Remove player''', which automatically turns the auto-update feature of Rewatch off. Since if it wouldn't, then Rewatch will sooner or later detect this player in your party but not in the list, and will add it again. Turn the auto-update feature back on in the rewatch options menu, or through '''/rewatch autogroup 1'''.
Addon originally written by Coen van der Wel, main character Daîsey on Argent Dawn, Europe, 2008-2010.
As of 10/06/2012, project is managed by bobn64 (Tyrahis, Shu'halo).
Special thanks to the following individuals who helped with localization files:
- Hee-seon (Korean)
- Thomas Friedrich (German)
- Bakkax (German)
- Didier ''Silvio'' Carmin (French)
- Jkon (Tyrande) (Spanish)
Last version: 50505 at 12-05-2012
Bugs or suggestions can be posted to the Rewatch addon page at curse.com or via curse.com PM to bobn64
- Corrected spam to default chat channel whenever group composition changed
- Frames should no longer autosort when the autosort option is set to 0/off
- Corrected issue where ironbark/barkskin button's cooldown could be triggered by other druids using ironbark/barkskin
- Added highlighting of incoming heals on all rewatch health bars
- There is currently no option to turn this function off, but I intend to include it in some future release
- Created failsafe for class color issues
- In the event that the class color fails to be detected, it will be set to black
- Removed frame clear from group change events, so you should stop receiving role spam every time somebody joins/leaves party
- Change method for checking players' classes
- Now accounts for issue where WoW API erroneously reports class as nil the first time it is called
- Should be language-independent now
- Added checks for Glyph of Blooming and the addon will now act accordingly when the glyph is present
- Corrected problems which occurred when the bottom buttons were hidden and a dispelable debuff appears on a group member
- Player frames should still become shaded with the appropriate color regardless of if the buttons are shown
- Correct issues with player frames becoming non-responsive and duplicating themselves after combat ends
- Corrected checks which prevent Rewatch from attempting to clear or rewrite frames during combat
- Corrected oversight which caused Rewatch to not properly rewrite player frames if in a raid group
- Same as 50501, but updates addon information which was missing in first upload
- Correct issue with 50500 where dungeons caused Rewatch frame to duplicate and become unresponsive
- Incorporates all changes from the "bobn64" repository (which was created when 5.0 went live) into the mainline project
- Replaced deprecated API calls with new ones introduced with 5.0
- Adjusted the few hardcoded spell parameters (duration, cooldown) to new 5.0 values
- Replaced buttons for spells which no longer exist with new spells
- Changed player frames to be locked to master frame by default
- Corrected issue which made Rewatch (and eventually the entire client) unusable if a monk was in party
- Added spec change monitoring to change spells which only exist in Resto spec to other spells for use when not in Resto spec
- Added cooldown monitor for new debuff removal spells
- Corrected issue where casting certain heals on non-party members created a blank frame which could not be removed without a /reload
- Corrected issue where changing spec while in raid group did not automatically update available spells in Rewatch
- Changed Nature's Cure/Remove Corruption button highlighting so that it now highlights along with the rest of the player's frame when a debuff is active
- Lifebloom bar workaround to fix SPELL_AURA_REFRESH bug with WoW 4.2. Mind, though: it's a (pretty damn close) estimate, still!
- Update for patch 4.2
- Fixed the issue where the back frame kept coming to the foreground
- Fixed the LUA error when rezzing a player with bottom buttons hidden
- Allowed two frame sorting options:
- Sort By Role
- Show Self First
- Changed Health Deficit options to be more suitable for fights like Chimaeron and Nefarian
- Fixed the layout "radio" button behaviour in the options menu
- Support for patch 4.1
- Minor bugfix in scaling with vertical layout
- Allowed for Default or Vertical layout!
- Added opacity for the HoT bars
- Identifying tank/healers and sorting on that automatically
- Added slider to change HoT bar background opacity
- Fixed a bug where weird things started happening with deficit options
- Finally added proper resizing options (scaling)
- Minor bug fixes
- Fixed a German translation for Remove Corruption
- Wild Growth seems to trigger every tick.. Bug in WoW?
- Also added Wild Growth cooldown display by using the WG bar reverted
- Added automatic report on people you innervate
- Created a new options tab to configure macro's for alt, ctrl and shift-click on player frames! By default, shift will now be the rezzing modifier and ctrl will be for innervating.
- Fixed power type colouring
- Improved rez reporting so that it only logs when actually rezzing
- Fixed the Apply button
- Repositioned some options
- Properly re-apply defaults when hitting Default button
- Allowed changing bar texture through options
- Changed version format from "5.4.2" to 50402
- General code patchies
- Updated textures
- Added Thorns button
- Reset some width/height dimensions, will override configs :(
- Fixed highlighting
- Fixed bar textures upon death
- Added tooltips to HoT bars
- Dropped support for updating from before 5.4, will hard reset config
- Decent file structure in Rewatch folder
- Fixed minor bar positioning issue
- Shrunk bottom spare part of main frame to 10 pixels, down from 15
- Abbreviating BG realm names on player frames
- Automatically remove HoTs when expired but not caught (zoned, etc.)
- Allow removing highlighting when expired but not caught (zoned, etc.)
- The rightclick actions work, again
- You can now configure font, font size and highlight size through the options window
- Highlighted frame should now properly deselect when changing target
- Lifebloom stack counter is again valid when using Nourish to refresh it
- Sub-version 4 for patch 4!
- Removed Abolish Poison and Remove Curse buttons
- Added Remove Corruption button
- Fonts patched!
- Name highlight on target
- Fixed a threat update error
- Fixed an in-combat error
- Stable version, starting version 5.3!
- Fixed WG buff catching
- Updated Nature's Swiftness duration to 180, up from 120
- Now getting HoT duration rather than calculating it so it's more accurate!
- Updated Shapeshift event listening
- Removed some redundant options!
- Changed highlighting colours to be more different
- Minor code efficiency updates
- Added option to hide tooltips
You can see the full changelog at http://wow.curseforge.com/projects/rewatch/pages/changelog/.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, and Boss Encounters
- 1,172,613 Monthly Downloads
- Bags & Inventory
- 491,839 Monthly Downloads
- AtlasLoot Enhanced
- Map & Minimap, Professions, Arena, and Boss Encounters
- 393,478 Monthly Downloads
- Deadly Boss Mods - Burning Crusade and Vanilla mods
- Combat and Boss Encounters
- 350,761 Monthly Downloads
- 329,575 Monthly Downloads