I made this addon to learn more about scripting and to bring the ideas i have into wow alive. These are mostly small enchancements. currently the addon uses about 50-120kb memory. Wich is 1/10 of 1 MB if i remember correctly. Also the addon was developed to not DO ANYTHING unless you use a command or press a button in the GUI. The only time it does something out of itself is when you switch zones and the chance of you being in combat on that moment or getting lag of what it does.. is 1 in a million. Enjoy!
First time using the addon please choose a frequency for your guild or ask your guild wich one your using. For example were grabbing 104 here. When you login first time type "/rc freq" you will see your current frequency, to get to your proper one type "/rc freq 104"
Now you should be joining FREQ104 (notice there is a 4th number, this one will changed based upon your continent. see the list below. This way communication with others on other continents is simply not possible but there will be an alternative to have basic communication.
- xxx2 = Kalimdor
- xxx5 = Eastern Kingdom
- xxx7 = Outland
- xxx9 = Northrend
- xxx0 = Any place instanced (Instances, raids, DK start zone etc) !!!!!! <- Temporarly disabled, you will remain in same continent frequency if you enter a instanced zone. So you can keep RP going and still do dungeons.
Now to send a message type "/rcs <message>" notice that what your saying to the channel is said in emote to, why ? Because your talking and people nearby will hear you offcourse. But you can also whisper (yes human being is amazing) it works the same way but type "/rcw <message>"
You can do the same thing to officer channel, this would be done with the following commands.
- /rocw <message>
- /rocs <message>
Guild Frequency / Communicator
Alright many been waiting for this. First of all check screenshots on how i did it. In your guild info add the following.
- FREQ:xxx COM<xxxxx>
Now replace the xxx of frequeny with your frequency. Replace the part between < and > with your communicator name.
If your on Argent Dawn Europe. Please see this post and let me know your frequency. CLICK ME
Type in chat the following to have them automatically replaced as you hit enter.
- %r = rank name of your target
- %g = guild name of your target
- %n = your own charachters name
- %t = targets charachter name (default of wow)
Upcoming features to this is a shortcut for surname as stated by MRP or TRP2.
- "/rc dice <amount>" The amount is optional, if no number is given the default will be 20. When executing this command you will automatically do an emote of rolling a dice, basicly a 1-100 roll except you get to choose the amount, so by default 1-20 and max is like 1-999999 I think.
- "/rc coin" Heh.. tough decisions ? flip a coin up in the air. Just try it.
Update: I'm not sure in how far il continue this anymore, also i've been working on seperated addon for this wich includes tracking health and choosing offensive/defensive traits etc. As the idea for that came from another i've no clue if i'm to release it publicly either. If enough feedback on this il continue it.
This will be abit complicated for some...
The battle system is a RP Roll system wich can be used for duals among players but also versus like mobs or bosses during a event. The system works by the idea of. Attack Roll -> Defense Roll -> If the attack roll is higher then defense roll -> Damage Roll. Got it ?
- /atk <emote>
- /def <emote>
- /dam <emote>
- /atkb <emote>
- /defb <emote>
Okay.. Player A and B will be having a duel, this is how it works.
Player A starts by doing an attack roll. This would be the /atk <emote> one. Command typed: /atk raises his sword and attempts to slash player B Result: *emote* Player A raises his sword and attempts to slash player B
- emote* Player A makes an attack roll 
- Conclusion: Okay so player a tried to attack the other player and rolled a 16. Now to know if he succeeded the other players gets a chance to defend itself.
- Finishing this up later. See /rc battle for all commands ingame.
Retro Raid channel removed LFRP channel renamed to RCRP Updated for 5.1
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|1.9.5 MOP + Chan||Release||5.0.5||266||09/12/2012|
|1.9.3 THE GUI!||Release||5.0.4||-||09/09/2012|
|Roleplayer Companion 1.9.2 Sunsteel Society||Release||4.3.4||202||08/03/2012|
|Roleplayer Companion 1.9.1 Surkov||Release||4.3.4||249||05/23/2012|
|Roleplayer Companion 1.9 (Surkov)||Release||4.3.4||24||05/22/2012|
|Roleplayer Companion 1.8||Release||4.3.4||26||05/21/2012|
|Roleplayer Companion 1.7||Release||4.3.4||93||05/13/2012|
|Roleplayer Companion 1.6||Release||4.3.4||26||05/13/2012|
|Roleplayer Companion 1.5||Release||4.3||263||03/17/2012|
|Roleplayer Companion 1.4||Release||4.3||169||03/02/2012|
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, and Boss Encounters
- 1,129,948 Monthly Downloads
- Bags & Inventory
- 498,005 Monthly Downloads
- Deadly Boss Mods - Burning Crusade and Vanilla mods
- Combat and Boss Encounters
- 335,742 Monthly Downloads
- 323,867 Monthly Downloads
- HealBot Continued
- Healer and Unit Frames
- 297,532 Monthly Downloads