02 November 2014
(Written for Live Servers v22.214.171.12403)
Routes allow you to draw lines on the worldmap linking nodes together into an efficient farming route from existing databases. The route will be shown (by default) on the minimap and zone map as well.
Use /routes to begin.
Changes from v1.4.1 to v1.4.2 (17 December 2011)
- Updated TOC
- Updated LibMapData (so the new zones work properly)
- Fixed division by zero errors from occurring in the future (the PTR servers disabled it the Lua language settings in PTR 4.3).
- Fixed background processing so that it no longer acts like foreground processing (WoW changed the behavior of GetTime() function).
- Fixed timers from reporting the wrong time when doing foreground and background route optimization.
- Add Brazilian Portuguese localization files. The translations are only partially done.
Changes from v1.4.0 to v1.4.1 (30 June 2011)
- Updated TOC
- Updated LibMapData (so the new zones work properly)
See spikey star-shaped routes?
You haven't optimized the route yet. Go into the route you created and optimize it. Instructions below.
Video about configuring this addon.
Download and install:
Start up World of Warcraft and make sure all addons are marked to be loaded (in the addon selection screen).
Importing into GatherMate2:
- Go to 'Import Data' and then to 'GatherMate2Data' (left side)
- If you already have herbs/mines of yourself, select 'Merge' from the 'Import Style' dropdown, otherwise 'Overwrite' is ok.
- Select which sources you want to import (ea: Mining/Herbalism) and tick their respective boxes.
- Hit the 'Import GatherMate2Data' button on the bottom.
Creating your first route:
- Go to 'Add' (left side)
- Type the name of your route (and press 'Okay' or enter)
- Now select the zone you want to create a route in from the 'Select Zone' dropdown.
- Make sure the 'GatherMate2' source has it's checkbox ticked.
- Select which nodes (ea: what type of herbs/mines/fish) should be used to create your route.
- Hit the 'Create Route' button.
- Done! you can now go to the zone and follow the generated 'route' on your minimap.
You can change the color in the 'Line Settings' tab (and also completely hide the route)
Open your worldmap on the zone you just created a route in, and you will see a massive whirling of lines (light-redish).
Changing/Optimizing your route:
- Go to 'Routes' and then the zone you made your route in and finally to the route you created. This has taken you to the 'Information'-tab of this route.
- Click on the 'Optimize Route' tab.
- Hit the 'Cluster' button, this is usually advisable as most zones contain large amounts of nodes. Clustering will group 'nearby' nodes onto 1 point and the default distance is easily viewable on the minimap.
- Hit the 'Foreground' button, this will try an optimization of the length of your route (you can see it being updated after it finishes if you use a map addon like Mapster).
- Keep hitting the 'Foreground' button to try and make the route smaller,
- Select node-types to build a line upon. The following are supported
- Optimize your route using the traveling salesmen problem (TSP) ant colony optimization (ACO) algorithm
- Background (nonblocking) and foreground (blocking) optimization
- Select color/thickness/transparency/visibility for each route
- For any route created, finding a new node will try to add that as optimal as possible
- Quick clustering algorithm to merge nearby nodes into a single traveling point
- Quickly mark entire areas/regions as "out of bounds" or "taboo" to Routes, meaning your routes will ignore nodes in those areas and avoid cross them
- Fubar plugin available to quickly access your routes
- Cartographer_Waypoints and TomTom support for quickly following a route
- Works with Chinchilla's Expander minimap and SexyMap's HudMap!
- Full in-game help file and FAQ, guiding you step by step on what to do!
The latest version of Routes is always available on this page... or at:
If you find any bugs or have any suggestions, you can contact us on:
- Forum: http:forums.wowace.com/showthread.php?t=10369
- IRC : Grum or Xinhuan on [[irc://irc.freenode.org/wowace|irc://irc.freenode.org/wowace]]
- Email: Grum ( routes AT grum DOT nl ), Xinhuan ( xinhuan AT gmail DOT com )
Paypal donations are welcome ;)
Changes from v1.3.3 to v1.4.0 (6 May 2011)
- Fixed Routes to work with TomTom 4.1 (which has some API changes). Reduced reliance on TomTom's API. That is, we no longer use Astrolabe in TomTom anymore.
- Fixed issues with map phasing interfering with Routes in Uldum, Hyjal, Twilight Highlands, Gilneas, Gilneas City and The Lost Isles.
- Routes will no longer error on finding invalid node data in GatherMate2 and will just ignore them.
- Add "Recreate Route" button for routes (found next to "Delete" route button). This recreates the route using the same creation settings, but only works for data from GatherMate2 and Gatherer. It even works for a route created in one of them, you switch addons, and then recreating it from the other!
- Improvements submitted by Mikk.
- Improve route optimizing speed by 10% by not using table recycling.
- Improve background route optimizing speed by 30% by checking execution time and yielding less often (resulting in more stable FPS).
- Progress of background execution is now shown in the status bar of the Routes configuration if it is open.
Changes from v1.3.2 to v1.3.3 (13 December 2010)
- Fix issue in Hyjal, Twilight Highlands, Uldum (and also Gilneas and The Lost Isles which have no collectible nodes) zones. These zones contained map phasing where the map shown to you depends on which phase you were in. Routes treated these different phase maps as separate zones, resulting in a potential "no data found" depending on which phase you logged on your character in. This has been fixed.
Changes from v1.3.1 to v1.3.2 (11 December 2010)
- Fix for errors when using Routes with Gatherer and TomTom.
Changes from v1.3.0 to v1.3.1 (10 December 2010)
- Updated for patch 4.0.3 live servers. Happy farming in the new Cataclysm zones! You may need to restart your WoW client completely after updating Routes.
Changes from v1.2.8a to v1.3.0 (18 October 2010)
- Updated for patch 4.0.1 live servers (not closed beta!)
- We won't complain anymore about Carbonite pretending to be Cartographer.
- We will now register the /routes slash command for non-English users too
- Fix a long standing obscure bug where a route would be created with node types that aren't selected.
- Significantly reduce memory usage of Routes. Roughly 13kb less per route so if you have say 50 routes, that's 650kb less. This update has no effect on CPU usage or FPS.
- Fix up errors caused by patch 4.0.1 changes to professions and skills. Add Archaeology to the node types to support GatherMate2 (but note that while GatherMate2 is usable on the Cataclysm beta, Routes currently is not)
- Add support for GatherMate2. Please stop using GatherMate. GatherMate is now only maintained for China-wow and is not Cataclysm compatible.
Changes from v1.2.7 to v1.2.8a (23 December 2009)
- Updated TOC for 3.3.0.
- No functional changes (when will people finally learn to simply check the stupid 'Load out of date Addons' box?)
Changes from v1.2.6 to v1.2.7 (13 August 2009)
- Added new zone (Hrothgar's Landing).
- Updated TOC for 3.2.0.
Changes from v1.2.5 to v1.2.6 (29 April 2009)
- Fixed another cause of the SetTexCoord error. Thanks everyone for helping out, especially Kazragore.
Changes from v1.2.4 to v1.2.5 (28 April 2009)
- Maintenance, fixed line endings and version generation in TOC.
Changes from v1.2.3 to v1.2.4 (26 April 2009)
- Fixed SetTexCoord bug which was annoying everyone since 3.1.0. (all arguments must be between -10000 and 10000)
Changes from v1.2.2 to v1.2.3 (18 April 2009)
- Updated for 3.1.0's GetPlayerFacing (for rotating minimaps).
- Upgraded to wowace's localization system.
Changes from v1.2.1 to v1.2.2 (8 November 2008)
- Fix possible loading order issue caused by Blizzard bug with optdep and reqdeps.
- Hopefully fix most cases of Routes producing routes that cross over itself.
- Add support for reparenting to Chinchilla's Expander or SexyMap's HudMap.
Changes from v1.2 to v1.2.1 (26 Oct 2008)
- Moved 'Edit Route Manually' to a =tab.
- Moved 'Create Bare Route' button to the top of 'Add Route'.
- Reworked the 'source data' multiselect to be more verbose.
- Added a second 'Create Route' button.
- Update URL of forum thread in the FAQ to the new wowace forums.
Changes from v1.1.1 to v1.2 (25 Oct 2008)
- Fix "No data found" until you toggle the "Select sources of data" checkboxes issue.
- The zone dropdown list (both taboo and route creation) will now list ALL zones instead of just the outland ones and the one you are in/viewing.
- Update FAQs.
- Add HandyNotes support to Routes. You can now make routes from your own HandyNotes!
- Add "Note" category to Auto show/hide module.
- Remove old style taboo editing. Implement new GoogleMaps style taboo shape editing.
- Implement manual editing of any route that is not clustered.
- Editing a taboo/route will now open the map to the correct zone.
- Fix issue where Routes would fail to work with GatherMate if AddonLoader is present (which causes GatherMate to be LoD-delayed)
Changes from v1.1 to v1.1.1
- Fix taboo region creation menus and menuitems to work.
- Remove embeds.xml/locales.xml and move them into the TOC.
- Fix the Dalaran data login spam.
Routes key changes in the past:
- Add TomTom Support (3rd June 2008)
- Add initial route decrossing generation from Polarina (5th may 2008)
- Added a comprehensive help file (4th May 2008)
- Reduce route generation time by 20% via coding optimizations (26th April 2008)
- Patch 2.4 (26th March 2008)
- Taboo Regions feature added (10 February 2008)
- Conversion to Ace3 from Rock framework complete (4th February 2008)
- Add node clustering algorithms (25th January 2008)
- Add support for Gatherer (24th January 2008)
- Add FAQ (22 January 2008)
- Conversion to Ace3 begins, and to drop Cartographer/Graph/Babble dependency, and add GatherMate support (20 January 2008)
Cartographer_Routes key changes in the past:
- Add Cartographer_Waypoints support (27 December 2007)
- Add Cartographer_ExtractGas support (24 December 2007)
- Add Cartographer_Treasure support (14 December 2007)
- First release (14 October 2007)
- Initial joint project development from individual lines of work (3rd October 2007)
Hendrik Leppkes <email@example.com>
2014-11-02 12:46:43 +0100
Tag as 1.5.0
- Fix overlapping zone names of Nagrand and Shadowmoon Valley
- Fix GatherMate2 plugin route creation
- Fix AutoShow with Herbalism
- Fix GM2, Gatherer and HandyNotes plugins
- Remove Cartographer_Waypoints support
- Remove more remnant of GM1 and Carto
- Remove Cartographer plugin, its been dead for years
- Remove GatherMate1 plugin, since GM1 is broken and dead
- Update Bindings.xml to use new Patch 6.0 key binding category system
- -Updated the Localized Zone Name use SetMapByID as the MapID is now returned by GetMapZones. Also because the zID required by SetMapZoom(cID, zID) no longer is the same as the number returned by GetMapZones. There appear to be zones that are not returned by GetMapZones (IE Warspear & Stormshield in Ashran) which throws off the map when trying to use SetMapZoom. -Changes the parent of the WorldMapButton when editing routes, then sets it back to its original parent when done. This allows smoother movement of the route pins. The original parent is a scroll frame with causes the pins to have issues when trying to be moved. -Pulling in updated LibMapData-1.0 files.
- - Fixed Patch 6.0.2 bugs due to changes in GetMapContinents and GetMapZones. - Updated LibMapData-1.0's repository to fix the same bug, so this should repackage the updated library.
- toc update
- Fix for ticket #74
- clean up leaked 'node' global on Routes.lua:2877
- added some microdungeon checks and map zoom checks
- Bumping .toc, everything else seems to be working just fine.
- One-line change to make external plugins a possibility.
- 5.0.5 Fishing spell ID compatability
- Fix two more cases over division by 0 that was overlooked.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|