What The Addon Accomplishes
I've used Danina's Shadow Timer addon for a while and liked it enough to tweak it for my own raiding use. Here's the gist of what I tried to solve. Credit has to go to Danina for the initial inspiration. http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/shadowtimers.aspx
When should I refresh my DoTs. With Power Torrent, DMC Volcano, Necormantic Focus, Moonwell Challice, Volcanic Potion and Heroism I never quite knew when the right time was to refresh a DoT, namely DP and VT. That's where this addon comes into play.
Most procs give you an amount of a stat for a duration. For instance, Volcanic Potion grants a buff called Volcanic Power which gives 1200 Int for 25 seconds. Moonwell Chalice gives an amount of Mastery for 12 seconds. You get the idea. So HowToPriest.com tells you to refresh your dots with procs. 20 seconds into a fight, procs feel random with no real way to discern if a proc is a DPS upgrade. What I've done is use HowToPriest.com BiS scaling numbers to convert a buff to it's Int equivalency and created what I refer to as a "buff score". As of 1.0c all of this data is configurable in the options panel under Blizzard's Interface-AddOns tab.
- Volcanic Potion is worth 1200
- Volcanic Destruction 1600
- Power Torrent 500
- Heroism (128 * 30 * .51) or 1958
- %damage from Empowered Shadows and Dark Evangelism is treated as a 1% buff to Int per 1% damage increase.
- Moonwell Chalice (1700 * .48) or 816
- Necromantic Focus (39 * .51) * stacks or 20 to 200
- Combat Mind 88 Int stacks 10 times.
- Velocity 3278 Haste
The key is that when you cast SW:P or VT, the current buff score is copied to the top of the icon showing its cooldown. You can then use that number to figure out if refreshing a DoT would be a DPS increase of decrease. Of course, refreshing seconds before a proc wears off is always beneficial and that's the next enhancement for me to make. I want to get to the point where you see a cooldown bar for your buff score. The buff score is not intended to be an accurate reflection of actual damage numbers. It's there so that you can judge the relative difference between when you first cast a DoT and your current buff level. Higher numbers recast. Lower numbers wait until you have to refresh it.
- /spdt (scale1 | scale2 | scale3 | scale4 | scale5 | scale6)
- /spdt (show | hide | reset | configmode | noconfigmode | options | clear)
- show: Show the addon.
- hide: Prevents the addon from displaying on the screen. Useful when you switch to Disc/Holy
- reset: Used to recycle the display of the addon. Can help if there's a glitch in the display.
- configmode: Enables a frame around the addon's visible elements so that the entire frame can be positioned.
- noconfigmode: Enables the addon for play and removes the frame created during configmode.
- scale1 - 6: Resizes the visible elements of the addon.
- options: Displays the option panel in the Blizzard Interface Option screen.
- clear: Clears the internal mob list that tracks DoTs on multiple targets.
Recent Enhancements from comments:
- Add an icon for Mind Blast Cooldown
- Add display of PowerInfusion and Vampiric Embrace and all talent of Tier 3 and 5
- Add a check for the actual class is a Priest with Shadow specialization
- Add a coloring option to color the buff score of SW:P above an icon when recasting is a DPS increase or decrease.
- Add SW:D, when the target is applicable for it
- Changeable order of the DoTs.
Ruled out Enhancements:
- Adding a timer for buff score - In practice I didn't find the information to be useful because when you added up the buffs, the score might change 5 times in less than a second making the velocity of the information useless in an already fast moving UI addon.
- Finally fixed the moving problem (thx to ElectricMenace)
- Added the 5% Damage buff of Power Infusion to the DefaultClassBuffList
- Updated functionality of Solace and Insanity for the outdated SW:Insanity part
- Added green color display, when reapplication of VT is usefull (over 2500 increase of buffscore)
- Changed green color indication for reapplication SW:P to always if more buffscore is active
- Fixed errors for resetting and moving spdt-Frame. (Found very old code - hopefully that solves the problems)
- Updated .toc version for WoW Patch 5.2
- Corrected SpellID of Berserking (troll racial)
- Removed Reliq of Yu'lon from the standard buff list. Please add the Proc "Blessing of the Celestials" to your own BuffList according to your current upgrade level
- Added Twist of Fate to the standard buff list. Please remove the buff from your list, if you have listed it in there.
- Added tracking for ShadowWord:Death. This will show up in green on the position of the MB Texture, if the target has <20% hp and if it is not on cooldown. MB cooldown will still be displayed, if the target has <20% and SW:D is on CD.
- Added Checkbox in the options to turn off ShadowWord:Death tracking
- Fix for 'currentmob' lua error on target changes while multi dotting
- Fix for problem with protected function calls of Blizz API
- Updated toc to 5.1
- Added a indication to the buffscore above SW:P, when reapplication is more useful than using Mindflay. Currently the value for to do is 2500 buffscore according to a thread on HowToPriest.com.
- Corrected Bloodlust/Heroism/AncientHysteria/TimeWarp default buff score to 12756 Haste (=30%Haste)
- Corrected Berserking/PowerInfusion default buff score to 8504 Haste (=20%Haste)
- Corrected Jade Spirit issue (was a wrong spellid)
- Removed Light of the Cosmos, as there are 3 versions of this procc. Please use your personal buff table for this.
- Corrected issues in the class/standard buff table (thx to thiamak!)
- Updated version number in toc file
- Changed the loading of the class/standard buff table to be always reseted on load
- Reworked the default buff table: Moved Heroism, Bloodlust, TimeWarp, AncientHysteria, Reliq of Yu'lon, Potion of the Jade Serpent, Lifeblood, Power Infusion, Berserking, Windsong Mastery/Haste/Crit, Jadespirit to a class standard table, that only will contain these buffs which are checked by SpellID. The former bufftable is now dedicated to the buffs, you put in, specially for your trinket proccs. This is to make the list a lot more user friendly. Also the class standard table is now valid for all language clients.
- !!!!Please remove the above mentioned buffs from your own bufflist, to be sure that no double count of this procc occurs!!!!
- As i could'nt test all of the Procs on my own, i would appreciate your feedback!
09/21/2012 v1.3k release-version
- Bugfix for onLoad Error; Missing brackets are evil!
09/20/2012 v1.3j release-version
- Added support for Mindbreaker; when active you see the active time left and afterwards the cooldown on Texture 7 if skilled
- Talent support implementation finished for now => new release version
09/19/2012 v1.3i beta-release
- Shadow Word: Insanity on Texture 7 works now if talented; now visible in green with time left display when ShadowWord:Pain has more than 4.5 seconds left
- Surge of Darkness on Texture 7 works now if talented; now visible, when buff is active, with time till buff fades on texture and stacks above
- Bugfix: Divine Insight isn't displayed in red anymore when the global cooldownis active infight; should be working as expected now
- Changed coding of the display of Power Infusion, Divine Insight, Surge of Darkness and SW:I to checking the talents now, instead of confusing conditional statements (thx to the WoW-API @ wowwiki)
09/18/2012 v1.3h beta-release
- Added Troll Berserking Racial to default buff list for german and english clients
- Moved Vampiric Embrace to Texture 8 place
- Added Divine Insight Support on Texture 6; talent icon will be visible when buff is active
- Added basic functionality for Surge of Darkness (not working right now) on Texture 7 place
- Added basic functionality for Shadow Word: Insanity (now working right now) on Texture 7 place
- Added options to turn off Talent proc/cooldown visibility for Tier 3 talents, renamed Power Infusion hide option to Tier 5
- Bugfix: Increased robustness of Class/Specc checks, as the server sometimes gives NONE back for Class and Specc. Weird stuff.
- Changed the display of Power Infusion and Vampiric Embrace to match Mindblast (Only displayed when used in green and in red when on CD)
- Removed buffscoredisplay while out of combat
- Created a more describing note in the toc-file
- Added a check for Shadow specialization before starting the functionality
- Also added automatic turn on/off functionality of the whole addon if the specialization changes
- Added a check for the played class is a priest. For all other classes the icons shouldn't be visible. (thx to NetZeex)
- Changed File Type to Beta until all issues are resolved
- Reverted MindBlast display to that of v1.2b (suggested by shwonder)
- Resolved issue with settings not beeing saved on logoff (thx to silencersam)
- Added/Corrected options for disabling Vampiric Embrace, Power Infusion, Mindblast and Shadow Orbs
- Removed unused checkbox for Dark Archangel
- Corrected Bug on damage numbers diplayed above SW:P and DP
- Removed damage numbers for devouring plague, as it will always be cast when ready
- Rearranged colors for cooldowns of Vampiric Embrace and Power Infusion and moved position for active usage back in the middle of the texture
- Added German localization for default buff list
- Corrected Interface Version in .toc-File
- Updated functionality for WoW 5.0.4 MoP
- ShadowWord:Pain now becomes green for reapplication
- Devouring Plague no longer becomes green for reapplication
- Added Vampiric Embrace with cooldown counter and activity tracking (Customizability is planed for the future)
- Added PowerInfusion with cooldown counter and activity tracking (Customizability is planed for the future)
- Moved the ShadowOrbs to the place where DevouringPlague was (This will only be visible when the current target has no DP applied) and added a Orbs Counter and color indicator for 3 orbs
- updated default stat wheigts for WoW 5.0.4 from HowToPriest.com
- Removed support for Evangelism
- Removed support for Dark Archangel
- Removed support for Empored Shadows
- Added a cooldown counter offset to the options screen that allows the counters to be relocated below the icons.
- Added a Mind Blast cooldown.
- Added a counter for stacks of Evangelism
- Optimized placement of buff icons so that Shadow Orbs and Empowered Shadows now share an icon slot.
- Moved duration counters back to the middle of the icons.
- Added a Reset Buffs button to the options screen to reset the buff list to factory defaults.
- Added a Hide Mind Blast checkbox for the new icon.
- Fixed a typo that impacted Evangelism from displaying properly.
- Fixed a localization issue with Dark Archangel.
- Added the ability to hide icons for Empowered Shadow, Dark Archangel, Shadow Orbs and Evangelism
- Added additional default spell effects to include iLvl 397 versions of 4.3 trinkets.
- Added elements to the option screen to configure hidden elements.
- Added an internal mob list to track DP and VT on multiple targets. (yes I know DP is single target only. One can hope.)
- Added dynamic buff list to options screen.
- Add your procs that you want to be computed into buff score into this list.
- Added an Interface Options screen so that scaling factors could be set.
- Fixed a bug that didn't calculate Necromantic Focus correctly.
- Added a command list to the description.
- Added a couple screenshots of the addon.
- Quick fix that I caught right after upload that would leave the buff score for VT and DP active after the spell wore off.
10/6/2011 Initial Version
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, and Boss Encounters
- 1,025,230 Monthly Downloads
- Bags & Inventory
- 481,343 Monthly Downloads
- Mail, Tooltip, Bags & Inventory, Professions, and Auction & Economy
- 334,076 Monthly Downloads
- 328,627 Monthly Downloads
- HealBot Continued
- Healer and Unit Frames
- 299,676 Monthly Downloads