Why use this addon instead of some of the other famous system monitors? Simple: elegance, ease of use, and efficiency. Other addons similar to shPerformance are extremely "busy" and highly inefficient when it comes to coding.
IMPORTANT: You must have a data broker display addon in order to enable this addon. I recommend Docking Station or you can find a list of other LDB display addons here. Changing the fonts of the tooltips is handled via a tooltip addon. I highly recommend using TipTac.
This addon displays and has the following options:
- Frames per second (fps)
- Latency (ms)
- Addon memory usage (mb or kb)
- Option that allows sorting in two different ways: alphabetically or by descending memory usage
- Option to change update period (seconds) and/or memory threshold (kb)
- Option to change color gradient variable (for higher usage systems) and number of max addons displayed
I was completely baffled when I saw some coding of other author's data broker addons that displayed this information. My goals in creating this addon are:
- Make the code as efficient as possible and to maintain < 40kb of memory usage
- Be visually appealing and easy to read
- Be updated in real time via the tooltip AND data broker text
- Display relevant data that is important (NO FLUFF or Techno Babble)
- Allow user to decide on sorting methods, memory threshold, and updating time
For more technical information, details, and how to change settings please see LUA file within addon folder labeled shPerformance.lua
Disclaimer: I want to thank Tekkub for his fantastic addon picoFPS for inspiration and some code ideas, kudos!
Bug Reports and/or Requests:
All bug reports, requests (with this addon or another), errors, suggestions, and problems will be handled via the forum-comments page.
- uploaded from my main page on wowinterface
- 1,632,854 Monthly Downloads
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, and Boss Encounters
- 1,516,134 Monthly Downloads
- Plugins, Achievements, and Map & Minimap
- 783,698 Monthly Downloads
- 557,071 Monthly Downloads
- Titan Panel
- Plugins and Titan Panel
- 452,355 Monthly Downloads