Created by Aeldra (EU-Proudmoore)
SmartBuff is a buff addon, to cast buffs ease and quickly. All classes are supported. Bind a key, scrollwheel or use the action button and it checks if you, a party/raid member, also hunter and warlock pets, needs your buff and cast it. Use the options menu to configure it you like, as example: buffs, raid subgroups, pets, etc.
Run the mod when ever you wish, if nothing is buffed, there is no penalty or cool down.
- FAQ -
Q1: How can I cast group/class buffs, instead of single buffs?
A1: Select both checkboxes, assign the classes, use following options the play around "Grp buff check", "Grp range check" and "group size"/"class size" slider
Example, if you set the group/class slider to 3 it will only buff the greater buff if 3 or more units not have it.
Q2: How can I move the frames and buttons?
A2: Use Shift-Left click and drag dem arround
Q3: How can I assign a trigger key for buffs?
A3: Use the Blizzard interface -> keyboard layout to define the trigger key for SmartBuff. Open and close the SmartBuff options frame and it will remap this key to the new SecureActionButton
Q4: How can I assign a key for debuffing?
A4: During the new Blizzard secure UI is this not longer possible!
Q5: How can I disable the scrollwheel buffing?
A5: Disable the "Buff on scroll" in the SmartBuff options frame, close it and rebind scrollwheel to whatever you want :)
Q6: How can I cast buffs in combat?
A6: If you want to cast a spell in combat, the you have to check also the "in combat" option in the main options frame (on the right of "Buff on scroll"). Be carfully with this option. In combat is no logic allowed, so SB sets your first "combat"-buff on your key before combat, but in combat it can't do any actions to prevent to cast during the restrictions. It only can show you when do you need a buff, but any time you hit the key in combat it buffs. Thats also the reason why the "in combat" is per default "off".
Q7: SmartDebuff casts the wrong debuff on a player, is this a bug?
A7: Please watch carfully in which color the debuff button is highlighted, this is very important! You have to click the button with the correct mouse click
Highlighted BLUE = LEFT click
Highlighted RED = RIGHT click
Highlighted GREEN = MIDDLE click
Q8: It does not buff anything, whats wrong?
A8: Please make sure you have selected any buff and the right classes. If you are in resting mode (Cities) SmartBuff is per default in "sleep mode" and does not cast spells, select the option "Buff in cities" to cast buffs in resting mode also.
Q9: Can I use SmartBuff in a macro?
A9: Yes, since the last blizzard added a /click command, use following command:
- Features -
- Supports all classes
- Supports all clients
- Checks buffs and rebuff you, raid/party members, raid/party pets
- Setup your own buff templates (Solo, Party, Raid, Battleground, MC, Ony, BWL, AQ, ZG, Custom 1-5)
- Auto switch templates
- Individual setup for each buff
- Supports group buffs: 'Gift of the Wild'/'Arcane Brilliance'/'Prayer of Fortitude'/'Prayer of Spirit', incl. group size and reagence check
- Supports class buffs: all greater blessings of the Paladin
- Supports self buffs
- Supports weapon buffs (individual for main and off hand): Shaman, all poisons (Rogue), all stones and oils, incl. reagence check
- Supports character level based buffs
- Supports tracking abilities
- Reminder if a buff is missing (Splash/chat/sound)
- ReBuff Timer
- FuBar support
- Titan Panel support
- Only one key is needed
- Fast and easy to use
- Usage -
Left click: opens SmartBuff options frame
Right click: enables/disables SmartBuff
- Chat -
Type /sbm for options menu in game
Type /sb [command] or /smartbuff [command] in game
- cast buff
toggle - Toggles SmartBuff On/Off
menu - Show/hide options menu
target - buffs the current target
rbt - reset buff timers
sync - synchronizes the buff time left with the UI
rafp - reset all frame positions
- Options frame -
Right click on buff checkbox: opens buff setup frame
- Contact -
Please send me a mail or write a comment if you discover Bugs or have Suggestions.
- Donations -
- Added buffs: Hunter (Munitions, Lone Wolf), Rogue (Instant Poison), Hunter (Camouflage), Warrior (Gladiator Stance)
- Added items: WoD flasks, Oralius' Whispering Crystal, Fire-Watcher's Oath, Blazing Wings
- Fix for LUA error: script ran too long
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|2.3b SB only||Release||2.3.2||26||01/09/2008|
|2.3a SB & SDB||Release||2.3.0||42||11/15/2007|
|2.3a SB only||Release||2.3.0||42||11/15/2007|
|FuBar - SmartBuffFu 2.0a||Release||2.0.0||73||12/21/2006|
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, Minigames, and Boss Encounters
- 3,622,893 Monthly Downloads
- 2,268,549 Monthly Downloads
- Master Plan
- 2,083,091 Monthly Downloads
- Achievements, Quests & Leveling, and Map & Minimap
- 1,578,337 Monthly Downloads
- Tooltip and Auction & Economy
- 1,318,266 Monthly Downloads