Stealth Alerter detects if someone near you uses a stealth ability. I originally wrote this AddOn in 2009 because a very annoying Rogue named Ýes used to hang out in Wintergrasp on the Shu'halo server where people were fishing. I've also found it useful in raids, battlegrounds and arenas. The following actions are detected: Camouflage (Hunter), Greater Invisibility (Mage), Invisibility (Mage), Invisibility Potion, Lesser Invisibility Potion, Prowl (Druid), Shadowmeld (Night Elf), Shroud of Concealment (Rogue), Stealth (Rogue), Stealthman 54, and Vanish (Rogue). "/sal on" enables Stealth Alerter and "/sal off" disables it. "/sal" while enabled lists all options and settings.
Version 0.99.24 2015/09/07
- Added Draenic Invisibility Potion.
Version 0.99.23 2015/07/01
- TOC update for 6.2.0.
Version 0.99.22 2015/03/15
- TOC update for 6.1.0.
- Added Stealthman 54 devices.
Version 0.99.21 2014/10/19
- TOC update for 6.0.2.
Version 0.99.20 2014/04/30
- Added Mage Greater Invisibility.
- Reverted hostility detection back to using a table, and only try to use a tool tip for Pandaren. It turns out that the tool tip mechanism fails surprisingly frequently [thanks Billtopia].
Version 0.99.19 2014/04/06
- Added Rogue Shroud of Concealment [thanks Twopro].
- Rewrote hostility detection to use a tool tip instead of a table, now hostility for all races (including Pandaren) is detected correctly [thanks Billtopia].
Version 0.99.18 2014/04/02
- Fixed screen flash when a hostile Vanish is detected. I had it backwards so the screen flashed when a friendly Vanish was detected.
Version 0.99.17 2014/03/07
- Added an option to flash the screen red when a hostile action is detected [thanks Twopro]. Screen flash is enabled by default, "/sal noflash" disables it.
Version 0.99.16 2014/02/17
- Fixed two mistakes in the lookup tables that could cause the wrong color log message to be printed for Night Elf and Blood Elf. Non-localized names don't have spaces.
Version 0.99.15 2014/02/07
- Faction and race lookups now use non-localized names. This should fix the localization crash and you won't need to change names to your local language anymore. Note that log messages will still be in English.
- Added table lookup error trap [thanks Maroot].
Version 0.99.14 2014/02/06
- TOC bump and update for 5.4.2.
- Added Pandaren race. Unfortunately, there is no way to tell if a player is hostile based on GUID from the combat log. Any spells cast by Pandaren will appear in red text as hostile, even if they are cast by a friendly player.
Version 0.99.13 2011/12/03
- TOC bump and update for 4.3.0.
Version 0.99.12 2011/06/30
- TOC bump and update for 4.2.0.
Version 0.99.11 2011/05/07
- TOC bump and update for 4.1.0a.
- Removed Rogue Stealth movement penalty description, since it was removed.
- Fixed a typo.
- Looked into adding Rogue Smoke Bomb casts, but it looks to be impossible because the cast doesn't show up in the combat log.
Version 0.99.10 2010/12/17
- Now works with 4.0.3a.
- Added Goblin and Worgen races.
- Added Hunter Camouflage.
- Added more nil race pointer checks to prevent crashes and Lua errors. It's unclear to me how race would ever be nil, but apparently it is sometimes.
Version 0.99.9 2010/10/23
- Added a "nofriendly" option to hide friendly actions and only show enemy actions.
- Added a "terse" option that hides the race and duration in messages.
- Updated Rogue 4.0.1 ability levels.
- Looked into adding player level, it looks impossible due to limitations in the Blizzard APIs and the way I wanted to do it.
- TOC bump for 4.0.1.
Version 0.99.8 2010/05/27
- Added player race to messages so that they now read "Player (race) ...".
Version 0.99.7 2009/12/09
- Updated for Prowl and Stealth rank changes in 3.3.
Version 0.99.6 2009/12/05
- Added the duration for Invisibility (20 seconds) in the message.
- TOC bump for 3.3.
Version 0.99.5 2009/10/30
- Fixed a typo that would cause a Lua error for Horde characters.
Version 0.99.4 2009/10/28
- Added color coding to the messages to make it more obvious who cast the ability. Casts from friendly players are printed in blue and casts from hostile players are printed in red.
Version 0.99.3 2009/08/24
- Fixed a typo that could cause a Lua error if Stealth Alerter was disabled.
Version 0.99.2 2009/08/21
- Removed some code used for debugging that printed a message when Hunters cast Misdirection.
Version 0.99.1 2009/08/12
- Several scoping fixes that could cause strange interactions with other AddOns.
Version 0.99.0 2009/08/12
- Initial release.
- Master Plan
- 1,192,259 Monthly Downloads
- 1,073,857 Monthly Downloads
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, Minigames, and Boss Encounters
- 994,022 Monthly Downloads
- AtlasLoot Enhanced
- Map & Minimap, Professions, Arena, and Boss Encounters
- 682,926 Monthly Downloads
- 553,744 Monthly Downloads