SuperGuildInvite is an AddOn developed to aid any person who wishes to invite new players to their guild
- If you are here to express your hatred against this type of AddOns, please consider this: GuildShield
- GuildShield has been updated and now works for everyone on less than 2000ms latency
FAQ - Please read before posting questions!
Can I remove players from my blacklist?
- No you cannot at this time, and this is intended. There might be some way in the future.
- As of 6.6 players are locked for a minimum of one month and then removed.
Can I send the whisper before the invite?
- No. This used to be possible, but blizzard made changes to restrict this. The invite now has to be coupled with a physical action (i.e. a button press or mouseclick) in order to be valid. This can't be changed.
SGI keeps listing Starter Edition accounts. Can I stop that?
- SGI has no means of recognizing starter editions (There is no function for that at this time). You can prevent this by setting your limits to 21+, though this will make you miss all real accounts at less than level 20.
SGI invites guilded players!
- This is caused by a bug on blizzards side. When a player goes offline by a dissconnect or closing the WoW window (Not by the normal Logout) they will stay a while in the who interface and appear guildless. This is why SGI thinks they are guildless and tries to invite them.
- It can also be caused by the fact that someone beat you to it. Players in your list were guildless when found, but when you click on them to invite they might already have been invited by someone else.
My Minimap icon/Frames are missing!
- /sgi options should show the options frame. Make sure "Hide Minimap button" is not checked.
- If you can't se the frame after typing /sgi options, try /sgi reset followed by /sgi options to show the options. Note that this will reset att your settings to default.
The Who window pops up all the time! Help me!
- This is an issue cause by other AddOns, interfering with SGI. Try disabling other AddOns to see which one is the cause. (WIM is known to cause this)
If you for some reason need to contact me, you can post here, PM me or send an email to (I prefer email): Please note that I do read every email I recieve even if I don't have time to answer all of them.
- Xara82 For making the SGI instruction video
- Nephthis - Durotan (EU)(aka Cheshire) For the German translation of SuperGuildInvite, his great dedication to help answering questions about SGI and many great suggestions which has helped to improve SGI tremendously.
Todo List (6.13)
If you've got a good idea of something to add, please post and it might end up here!
- Fix issue with unnessecary who queries.
Ready for (6.13)
- /sgi help shows every available chat command
- Example Video - Thanks to Xara82 for this video!
SuperScan is the main function to be using with this AddOn. SuperScan will scan every player on your server and check whether they are in a guild or not. If they are not they will be put in the invite queue, and wait for an invite. Starting SuperScan will cause the options frame to be hidden, and a smaller frame will show you the information you need. SuperScan is now quiet! It will perform its services without you noticing a thing (except a growing queue!). The speed of SuperScan is determined by the settings. You can change the level range, the interval and the levels at which you want to start searching with class and race. These are easiest changed by using the mousewheel and scroll the numbers in the options menu. The can also be changed by chat commands (/sgi help)
In order for a player to be invited to your guild you have to do one of the following two things:
- You can press the Invite: # button located on either the options frame, or the small SuperScan timer. Pressing this button will invite the first player in the queue to your guild.
- You can also pick the players you want to invite by pressing Choose Invites. This will show a frame with all the currently queued players along with some information about them. By left clicking on a player’s name you will invite them, while right clicking will remove them from the queue. Once any of these actions are taken the player is locked.
This is a new and reworked version of the old blacklist. Now, instead of tries as before, a player gets locked after the first action is taken against them (attempting to invite or removing from the queue). All locks except manual locks are a minimum of one month. These locks are saved even if you reset SGI. If you want to add a player to the list manually:
- /sgi lock <playerName>
- /sgi unlock <playerName> Unlocking only works on players that where added by chatcommands.
As of 6.2 you can now have up to 6 whispers that will be randomly chosen If you wish you can send a whisper to the player you are inviting. In order for it to be sent you need to check the checkbox on the main options frame. There’s a pretty dull default message that you can use, but if you want to make it more personal you can customize it (max 256 letters) by pressing the button on the options frame and following the instructions there. The whisper can be used in 3 different ways, chosen by the dropdown menu in the main options frame.
- Whisper after inviting (default) - The whisper will only go out if the invite was successfully sent
- Only Invite - You will only send an invite
- Only Whisper - The whisper goes out, but not the invite. In this mode SGI will not invite any players, you have to manually invite the players you whisper. (NEW: This registers as an invite attempt and locks the player)
The limit determines the lowest and highest level of the players invited.
Race and Class
The race and class filters and used to ease inviting on high populated servers. Once SuperScan reaches the leveled specified it will add searches for races and classes additionally to the level. Using this makes the scan take much longer and should only be used if normal scanning results are over 50 players.
Other useful AddOns
If you are looking for a AddOn to remove players from you guild, then this might be the AddOn for you
SuperGuildInvite Change logVersion 6.12
- Small correnctions here and there...
- Reinstated Scan for DK's after accidently leaving it out some time ago.
- Added the ability to bind a key to the InviteButton.
- Fixed issue with "Parental control" conflict
- Added possibility of reseting frame position, /sgi framereset
- Fixed problem that started with the latest update. The bug made it impossible to open the social frame while scanning. This should now be fixed.
- Adapted to Patch 5.4
- Fixed issue where SGI indicated it was out of date when it wasn't.
- Reduced out of date alert to 3s, once per session.
- Fixed an issue where showing the sgi slash command help caused SGI to be muted.
- Fixed an issue where using both race and class filters gave impossible class-race combinations. This has now been sorted and only true combinations should be listed.
- Fixed an issue with the sharing of locks. When a player recieving locks logged out during transmission the player who were sending got spammed with "Player not found", sometime for minutes. There should now be a stop mechanism to prevent this.
- You can now type "/sgi test" in order to display the list of searches your current settings will yield.
- Added a new in-game change log, which will pop up once for each new version released. This can be stoppped if desired by checking the box on the change log page (you can't miss it).
- The change log can also be shown manually by /sgi changes
- Minor bug fixes
- Because of an issue where the blacklist became to big the lockout has been reinstated. The lockout duration is unchangeable and will vary between one and two months depending on which day of the month a player is invited.
- Because of said problem the all old blacklisted players will be removed due to new formatting.
- Made sure it was working for 6.5
- Change "Out of date" marking
- Made the help messages and showing the options easier
- Added a checkbox to enable/disable exceptions. Now you don't have to delete exceptions to stop using them. It should also solve an issue when people with no exceptions had people stopped anyway.
- Small bug slipped through. Now fixed
- Chatinterception has been disabled as it caused more problems than it solved
- The guildaffliction of players you encounter will be recorded, to further prevent already guilded players from being invited
- Minor bugfixes here and there...
- Fixed system messages
- System messages caused by SGI can now be blocked. These include: >> "You have invited..." >> "Is declining all..." >> "Is already invited to a guild" >> "not found" >> "declined you guild invitation" >> "is already in a guild"
- When a player joins the guild, the date will be recorded in the officer note.
- The minimap button can now be hidden.
- Monk and Pandaren added to the search.
- Possibility to have up to six different whispers. Whispers will be picked randomly to minimize spam.
Localization for German and French Functional localization for all clients (inviting and whispering should now work no matter what language) NEW: interactive ingame help interface, that can fix your problems NEW: You can now add name exceptions that will prevent a player with the phrase in their name from being invited NEW: Inversed DK filter, you can now choose to always include DKs 55-58 Blacklist update: People that can be confirmed not to have recieved an invite will not be blacklisted. (This includes "player" not found, "Player" is already in a guild etc) Changed the method used to block the who interface from showing. Various bugfixes
a few more fixes/changes
Fixed some bugs
Fixed a bug where lockouts didn't register properly
SGI is now working in the background You can now use a thorough search Spelling misstakes! :<
Major upgrade to the blacklist sharing
Added support for GuildShield
Fixed the limiting, it is now more efficient, and will shorten the SuperScan by about half a minute
Bugfix on the Invite Button (INVITE: #)
Lots of changes, refering to the info page @curse/curseforge
Secret addition, revealed later
Removed accedently added feature
Attempt to solve some bugs the Who window should be more silent
Minimap Icon Even Smaller SuperScan window New progress bar, while SuperScanning
Currently blacklisted players can now be shown by /sgi showblacklist You can now purge the invite queue by /sgi purge Size changed while superscanning
The addition of SuperGuildRemove!
256 Character whisper Lockout changed to 24h/72h/1w
Limit function added
Should now be able to invite players in 4.3
Hopefully a temp fix while I find what the problem is...
Fix for upcoming changes in 4.3
Improvements to SuperScan
You will now automatically sync your blacklist with your guild members.
SuperScan is a new feature that scans every zone in the game (i think...) This scan takes a long time to complete due to who search limitations.
The ESC button
The ESC button should finally not be hijacked, and should now works as normal.
3.0 NEW FEATURES!
You can now blacklist players that you never want to invite to your guild. This can be done in 2 ways. 1. /sgi blacklist name 2. Turn on "Auto Blacklist" and choose how many declines you want before automatically blacklisting the player (default: 3)
It's now possible to try to invite any player whispering a whisper containing the following word combinations: 1. inv and guild 2. inv and "guildname" 3. join and guild 4. join and "guildname"
Customize your Invite Whisper!
It's been requested many, many times and now it's finally here! By a simple click on the "Customize Whisper" button you can enter your own, personal whisper to be sent to players before inviting them. By typing NAME or LEVEL (note CAPS) in the box SGI will switch them out for your guilds name and level. Example: Typing this: Hi! Would you like to join my awesome guild NAME? We are level LEVEL and quickly growing, join for much fun! Will result in (for me): Hi! Would you like to join my awesome guild Freedomm? We are level 25 and quickly growing, join for much fun!
Some users requested a possibility to make a manual search for new member, without having to change zones. Now you can! By going in to Options via /sgi config and pressing "Manual Search" you next /who will be searched for guildless players, and inviting them if specified.
SGI will no longer try to invite players in Cross-Realm areas such as dungeons and battlegrounds. It will automatically turn off upon entering and turn on again when leaving.
The ESC key
I honestly never found out why the ESC key was hijacked by SGI, but after rewriting 90% of the code the problem seems to be gone.
Off by default
Some users complained about having to log on to every alt to turn SGI off when it was not needed. This is now a thing of the past since SGI now will be off by default upon the first use.
2.2 You are now notified when someone in your guild has a newer verion of SGI than you.
2.1 Added a changable lockout period for reinviting, as requested.
2.0 Completly reworked the addon
1.1 bug fixes
1.0 first edition.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, and Boss Encounters
- 1,601,700 Monthly Downloads
- 722,112 Monthly Downloads
- AtlasLoot Enhanced
- Map & Minimap, Professions, Arena, and Boss Encounters
- 472,325 Monthly Downloads
- 458,610 Monthly Downloads
- Bags & Inventory
- 307,288 Monthly Downloads