SuperGuildInvite is an AddOn developed to aid any person who wishes to invite new players to their guild
- If you are here to express your hatred against this type of AddOns, please consider this: GuildShield
- GuildShield has been updated and now works for everyone on less than 2000ms latency
FAQ - Please read before posting questions!
Can I remove players from my blacklist?
- No you cannot at this time, and this is intended. There might be some way in the future.
- As of 6.6 players are locked for a minimum of one month and then removed.
Can I send the whisper before the invite?
- No. This used to be possible, but blizzard made changes to restrict this. The invite now has to be coupled with a physical action (i.e. a button press or mouseclick) in order to be valid. This can't be changed.
SGI keeps listing Starter Edition accounts. Can I stop that?
- SGI has no means of recognizing starter editions (There is no function for that at this time). You can prevent this by setting your limits to 21+, though this will make you miss all real accounts at less than level 20.
SGI invites guilded players!
- This is caused by a bug on blizzards side. When a player goes offline by a dissconnect or closing the WoW window (Not by the normal Logout) they will stay a while in the who interface and appear guildless. This is why SGI thinks they are guildless and tries to invite them.
- It can also be caused by the fact that someone beat you to it. Players in your list were guildless when found, but when you click on them to invite they might already have been invited by someone else.
My Minimap icon/Frames are missing!
- You can reset the positions of all SGI frames by /sgi framereset
- /sgi options should show the options frame. Make sure "Hide Minimap button" is not checked.
- If you can't see the frame after typing /sgi options, try /sgi reset followed by /sgi options to show the options. Note that this will reset att your settings to default.
The Who window pops up all the time! Help me!
- This is an issue cause by other AddOns, interfering with SGI. Try disabling other AddOns to see which one is the cause. (WIM is known to cause this)
- As of 7.0 this issue should be resolved.
If you for some reason need to contact me, you can post here, PM me or send an email to (I prefer email): Please note that I do read every email I recieve even if I don't have time to answer all of them.
- Xara82 For making the SGI instruction video
- Nephthis - Durotan (EU)(aka Cheshire) For the German translation of SuperGuildInvite, his great dedication to help answering questions about SGI and many great suggestions which has helped to improve SGI tremendously.
SuperScan is the reason to use this AddOn! SuperScan is a function which will methodically go through all logged in players on your server, determine if they belong to a guild and if not they will be put in a waiting list. They stay in this list for four seconds, in order for GuildShield to do its job. They are the placed in your invite queue where you can invite them to your guild by a simple click. SuperScan is also quite. Using the Who Interface in the background lets you go on with your daily business while having a steadily growing invite queue. The time it takes to do a complete scan depends on the settings you choose, but from my experience a scan takes between 5-10 mins.
In order to invite a player from the invite queue you can do one of three different things:
- You can press the button labeled Invite: # to invite the first person in the queue, and the next and so on...
- You can assign a keybinding to the invite button, which has the same effect as pressing said button. This is done in the options menu.
- Lastly you can use Choose Invites, which is a window that displays all queued players, along with relevant information about them. Now you can simply left click on the players that you wish to invite, and right click to remove them from the queue.
Locking / Blacklisting
Locking is a way for SGI to keep track of which players you already have tried to invite during the last two months. If you have tried to invite a player, and they received the invite, they will be on this list and will not be bothered by you again for at least 2 months. It does not matter if they accepted of declined your invite. Only if the invite did not reach them will they be taken off.
You can specify up to 6 different whispers to send randomly to the players you invite. SuperGuildInvite supports 3 modes of inviting players:
- Whisper after inviting - The invite goes out, SGI determines if it reached the player, and then sends the whisper only if they received your invitation.
- Invite Only - Only invite, no whisper.
- WhisperOnly - Only whisper, no invite.
All settings can be changed in the options menu of SuperGuildInvite. In order to access more than limit you need to check Advanced options (/sgi options)
- Limit - The level range you want to search for, i.e level 10-90 or 80-85 etc.
- Race - Adds a race filter to the search, starting at the specified level. This divides the searching over the different races, to make sure you don't miss any players due to a high population server. This makes the SuperScan Slower
- Class - The same as race, except it's for the players class.
- Interval - Specifies the size of each step in the search. 5 would result in 1-5, 6-10, 11-15 etc.
Filters allow you to remove certain player types from your search. To add a filter do the following:
- Open SGI Options
- Press Filters
- Press Add Filter
- Fill out the filter form, read the in game instructions.
- Press save If a player matches a filter they will not be added to your queue.
Other useful AddOns
If you are looking for a AddOn to remove players from you guild, then this might be the AddOn for you
SuperGuildInvite Change log7.5.1
- Added some informative labels.
- Made changes to accomodate changes in LibWho-2.0
- Added instructive text at the limit options.
- Added old slash commands again: /sgi race/class/interval start, /sgi limit low-high
- Added level 91 through 100 to SuperScan
- Compatibility fixes
- Bug fixes
- Quick fixes for 6.0.2
- Implemented the library libWho-2.0, which mean the who frame should finally not be seen!
- Changed format of version from X.Xa/b/c to X.X.X (ie 7.2.0 instead of 7.2/7.2a/7.2b etc)
- Added functionality to ChatIntercept to block systemMessages.
- Fixed issue where Realm names made GuildShield not work properly.
- Further fixes to intercepting system messages
- Made SGI no longer ignore players from other realms
- You should now be able to change talents while running SGI.
- Improvements for the prevention of the Who frame popping up
- Filters reviewed
- Complete rewrite of EVERYTHING!
- Fixed the list generation. There should not be anymore redundant searches (like undead paladin) and there should also not be any overlaps
- ChatIntercept is now fixed and should not interfere with other AddOns. Also added the option of blocking your outgoing whispers (Only those from SGI).
- Added the possibility to make custom filters
- SuperScan now has a smaller window, aswell as the option to run in the background.
- The keybind can now be cleared by /sgi unbind
- Small correnctions here and there...
- Reinstated Scan for DK's after accidently leaving it out some time ago.
- Added the ability to bind a key to the InviteButton.
- Fixed issue with "Parental control" conflict
- Added possibility of reseting frame position, /sgi framereset
- Fixed problem that started with the latest update. The bug made it impossible to open the social frame while scanning. This should now be fixed.
- Adapted to Patch 5.4
- Fixed issue where SGI indicated it was out of date when it wasn't.
- Reduced out of date alert to 3s, once per session.
- Fixed an issue where showing the sgi slash command help caused SGI to be muted.
- Fixed an issue where using both race and class filters gave impossible class-race combinations. This has now been sorted and only true combinations should be listed.
- Fixed an issue with the sharing of locks. When a player recieving locks logged out during transmission the player who were sending got spammed with "Player not found", sometime for minutes. There should now be a stop mechanism to prevent this.
- You can now type "/sgi test" in order to display the list of searches your current settings will yield.
- Added a new in-game change log, which will pop up once for each new version released. This can be stoppped if desired by checking the box on the change log page (you can't miss it).
- The change log can also be shown manually by /sgi changes
- Minor bug fixes
- Because of an issue where the blacklist became to big the lockout has been reinstated. The lockout duration is unchangeable and will vary between one and two months depending on which day of the month a player is invited.
- Because of said problem the all old blacklisted players will be removed due to new formatting.
- Made sure it was working for 6.5
- Change "Out of date" marking
- Made the help messages and showing the options easier
- Added a checkbox to enable/disable exceptions. Now you don't have to delete exceptions to stop using them. It should also solve an issue when people with no exceptions had people stopped anyway.
- Small bug slipped through. Now fixed
- Chatinterception has been disabled as it caused more problems than it solved
- The guildaffliction of players you encounter will be recorded, to further prevent already guilded players from being invited
- Minor bugfixes here and there...
- Fixed system messages
- System messages caused by SGI can now be blocked. These include: >> "You have invited..." >> "Is declining all..." >> "Is already invited to a guild" >> "not found" >> "declined you guild invitation" >> "is already in a guild"
- When a player joins the guild, the date will be recorded in the officer note.
- The minimap button can now be hidden.
- Monk and Pandaren added to the search.
- Possibility to have up to six different whispers. Whispers will be picked randomly to minimize spam.
Localization for German and French Functional localization for all clients (inviting and whispering should now work no matter what language) NEW: interactive ingame help interface, that can fix your problems NEW: You can now add name exceptions that will prevent a player with the phrase in their name from being invited NEW: Inversed DK filter, you can now choose to always include DKs 55-58 Blacklist update: People that can be confirmed not to have recieved an invite will not be blacklisted. (This includes "player" not found, "Player" is already in a guild etc) Changed the method used to block the who interface from showing. Various bugfixes
a few more fixes/changes
Fixed some bugs
Fixed a bug where lockouts didn't register properly
SGI is now working in the background You can now use a thorough search Spelling misstakes! :<
Major upgrade to the blacklist sharing
Added support for GuildShield
Fixed the limiting, it is now more efficient, and will shorten the SuperScan by about half a minute
Bugfix on the Invite Button (INVITE: #)
Lots of changes, refering to the info page @curse/curseforge
Secret addition, revealed later
Removed accedently added feature
Attempt to solve some bugs the Who window should be more silent
Minimap Icon Even Smaller SuperScan window New progress bar, while SuperScanning
Currently blacklisted players can now be shown by /sgi showblacklist You can now purge the invite queue by /sgi purge Size changed while superscanning
The addition of SuperGuildRemove!
256 Character whisper Lockout changed to 24h/72h/1w
Limit function added
Should now be able to invite players in 4.3
Hopefully a temp fix while I find what the problem is...
Fix for upcoming changes in 4.3
Improvements to SuperScan
You will now automatically sync your blacklist with your guild members.
SuperScan is a new feature that scans every zone in the game (i think...) This scan takes a long time to complete due to who search limitations.
The ESC button
The ESC button should finally not be hijacked, and should now works as normal.
3.0 NEW FEATURES!
You can now blacklist players that you never want to invite to your guild. This can be done in 2 ways. 1. /sgi blacklist name 2. Turn on "Auto Blacklist" and choose how many declines you want before automatically blacklisting the player (default: 3)
It's now possible to try to invite any player whispering a whisper containing the following word combinations: 1. inv and guild 2. inv and "guildname" 3. join and guild 4. join and "guildname"
Customize your Invite Whisper!
It's been requested many, many times and now it's finally here! By a simple click on the "Customize Whisper" button you can enter your own, personal whisper to be sent to players before inviting them. By typing NAME or LEVEL (note CAPS) in the box SGI will switch them out for your guilds name and level. Example: Typing this: Hi! Would you like to join my awesome guild NAME? We are level LEVEL and quickly growing, join for much fun! Will result in (for me): Hi! Would you like to join my awesome guild Freedomm? We are level 25 and quickly growing, join for much fun!
Some users requested a possibility to make a manual search for new member, without having to change zones. Now you can! By going in to Options via /sgi config and pressing "Manual Search" you next /who will be searched for guildless players, and inviting them if specified.
SGI will no longer try to invite players in Cross-Realm areas such as dungeons and battlegrounds. It will automatically turn off upon entering and turn on again when leaving.
The ESC key
I honestly never found out why the ESC key was hijacked by SGI, but after rewriting 90% of the code the problem seems to be gone.
Off by default
Some users complained about having to log on to every alt to turn SGI off when it was not needed. This is now a thing of the past since SGI now will be off by default upon the first use.
2.2 You are now notified when someone in your guild has a newer verion of SGI than you.
2.1 Added a changable lockout period for reinviting, as requested.
2.0 Completly reworked the addon
1.1 bug fixes
1.0 first edition.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, Minigames, and Boss Encounters
- 1,513,005 Monthly Downloads
- Master Plan
- 1,394,276 Monthly Downloads
- 1,072,242 Monthly Downloads
- Achievements, Quests & Leveling, and Map & Minimap
- 584,553 Monthly Downloads
- Titan Panel
- Plugins and Titan Panel
- 474,020 Monthly Downloads