This addon adds information to the tooltip to remind you that you could buy an item from a vendor instead. Never get swindled again!
Currently supports Recipes, Vanity Pets, and Bags!
Frequently Asked Question:
"I have a lot of data to submit. Is there a file I can just e-mail you or something?"
In fact there is. (English localizations only please!) The file is saved in your WoW/WTF/Account/AccountName/SavedVariables folder, under SwindlerPreventer.lua
Look for the line that has SP_DataVersion. This should match the currently available version, if it doesn't, your addon and your data are out of date!
Copy everything from that line to the end of the document and get that to me, and I can use that to update the data with. If you're lazy, you can e-mail me the entire file.
If you have an addon that allows you to copy messages in the chat frame easily, then feel free to submit the in-game message instead. Either way works.
"But what if I'm not using English Localization?"
Then there's more work for you. Sorry. =( The only language I'm comfortable with is English.
But if you want to do all the work, feel free to edit your localization.lua file with your new data (it's in the zip file or WoW/Interface/AddOns/SwindlerPreventer). You'll have to do the editing by hand basically so basic coding knowledge would be required. Submit the edited file to me and I'll include it with my next update!
5.0.1 (15799) BETA - 2012/7/4
Yes, I'm still around. Between having a kidney stone a couple months ago, and playing Diablo 3 and going to school, I haven't been playing WoW much these last few months. But I'm still here. =P
Now that Mists of Pandaria finally decided to turn addons on, we can get down to some beta testing!
I will add MoP Beta recipes to Swindler Preventer, but beware changing prices/locations/data as the beta updates! I'll try to stay on top of it but it's much easier to detect new data than it is to detect old/bad data. When the expansion is released I will wipe all data from the beta and rebuild again to make sure there's no bad data. But in the meantime, feel free to report 'new' data! Wowhead doesn't yet have full data on vendor-sold non-bop recipes yet so reports from users is the only way to build data at this time.
Since the BETA data shouldn't bother live users, I'm marking this version as a 'release' so you can still use it on live. But since the toc is set for the Beta it will show as 'out of date' in 4.3.4 and you will need to use 'load out of date addons' to use it. If you don't want to do this you can manually set the toc to 40300 instead of 50001 in the SwindlerPreventer.toc file.
- BETA: In MoP the game would freeze when talking to a vendor if the data wasn't fully loaded into cache yet. With even a 0.01 second delay it doesn't freeze. I can live with a 0.01 second delay. If you have any WoW API knowledge, take a look at SwindlerPreventer.lua starting at line 288 and feel free to see if you can improve upon my method. I'm still a beginner! But this seems to work for me and stops the freezing.
- Zan Shivsprocket has been corrected to Zan Shivsproket. This should be the last of the typos in pre-Pandaria data. That I know of, nobody has reported any!
- Added some new reported information for vendors and locations for Cataclysm as well. Of note is Enchant Weapon - Executioner, new in 4.3.
- BETA: Added vendor Nam Ironpaw for 2 Cooking recipes and Nat Pagle for a pet. So far that's the only MoP data that's been reported.
... Not to be a beggar, but donations would be *really* useful right now. Rent's gone up, but my income hasn't. Right now my bank account's actually sitting in the negative and the overdraft charges are piling up. I've gotten rid of a few of my bills so I should be good if I can get back in the black, but first I need to pay off what I already owe. =/ Plus I turn 30 on July 15th 2012 and it looks like I won't even be able to afford to celebrate my own birthday! Help a broke college student out? ^_^ (Oh, and if anyone wants to hire a student programmer, feel free to contact me! Right now I'm taking classes in Visual Basic and XHTML/CSS. I'm a straight-A student!)
But enough about my woes. Even if you don't donate, hope you enjoy the addon! ^_^
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|Swindler Preventer 4.0.1a||Release||4.0.1||6,932||10/20/2010|
|Swindler Preventer 3.0.9a||Release||3.0.9||22||03/17/2009|
|Swindler Preventer 3.0.9||Release||3.0.9||14||02/24/2009|
|Swindler Preventer 3.0.3f||Release||3.0.3||17||01/14/2009|
|Swindler Preventer 3.0.3e||Release||3.0.3||11||12/24/2008|
|Swindler Preventer 3.0.3d||Release||3.0.3||6||12/02/2008|
|Swindler Preventer 3.0.3c||Release||3.0.3||11||11/25/2008|
|Swindler Preventer 3.0.3b||Release||3.0.3||11||11/16/2008|
|Swindler Preventer 3.0.3a||Release||3.0.3||8||11/10/2008|
|Swindler Preventer 3.0.3||Release||3.0.3||9||11/09/2008|
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, Minigames, and Boss Encounters
- 2,747,754 Monthly Downloads
- 1,381,189 Monthly Downloads
- Map & Minimap
- 880,486 Monthly Downloads
- 819,917 Monthly Downloads
- Deadly Boss Mods - Burning Crusade and Vanilla mods
- Combat and Boss Encounters
- 617,221 Monthly Downloads