Tacktic is a WoW mod used for the marking of enemy and friendly targets via nameplates. This mod is based on the project 'getThatDude' by Discoepfeand. I've collaborated with him in an effort to upgrade the previous mod for MoP as well as add new features. After a good month of work, I'm proud to release Tacktic as a 'successor' to getThatDude.
You can use Tacktic for PvP as a solo player, in a party, or as a raid group. No need to convert to raid before a battleground if you're only playing with five or less people. No need to pre mark your teammates, unless that's what you prefer.
Support for PvE should come soon.
I also highly recommend Tidy Plates in combination with this mod, as the floating healthbars on nameplates can get quite annoying without it. In the future, I plan to have an option to disable healthbars, however at this current point in the project, Tidy Plates is the way to go.
If you're interested in downloading, please take a few moments to look over the 'Tacktic README' file included. This will give you a brief description of how the mod works and suggested ways to use it.
If you find any suspected bugs while using Tacktic, please visit the project forums or use the ticket system. As stated in the README file, I cannot guarantee a response to any problems with the mod, however if enough reports suggest the same bug or if I have time to respond, I'll attempt to address each issue when I can.
Thanks for taking the time to visit this page and feel free to post any questions, comments, or suggestions in the project forums below. Enjoy.
- Nothing significant at this time...
Planned for Future Updates...
Dungeons and Raids
Posted: Nov 24, 2012
- Looking to add better functionality for Dungeons and Raids. Currently, the mod marks targets via name. Against other players, this proves to be fine since each player should have a unique name assigned to them, however in Dungeons and Raids, mobs tend to have the same name as other mobs, which at this point in time, Tacktic cannot distinguish which mob has been marked. Hopefully in the next update this will be addressed.
Hidden Health Bars
Posted: Nov 24, 2012
- As much as I recommend using Tidy Plates, I also realize that some players may not be using it in conjunction with Tacktic, thus I am looking to add an option to remove the default clunky health bars from the UI.
* Tacktic v1.2s - 15:05 3/9/2013
CONVERTED to stable version of Tacktic
- Updated version number in the TOC file
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, and Boss Encounters
- 1,025,230 Monthly Downloads
- Bags & Inventory
- 481,343 Monthly Downloads
- Mail, Tooltip, Bags & Inventory, Professions, and Auction & Economy
- 334,076 Monthly Downloads
- 328,627 Monthly Downloads
- HealBot Continued
- Healer and Unit Frames
- 299,676 Monthly Downloads