TellMeWhen provides visual, auditory, and textual notifications about cooldowns, buffs, and pretty much every other element of combat. TellMeWhen is...
Icons can track any of the following things:
- Reactive abilities
- Multi-state abilities
- Temporary weapon enchants
- Totems/Wild mushrooms/Ghouls/Lightwell
- Rune cooldowns
- Internal cooldowns
- Others' cooldowns
- Diminishing returns
- Spell casts
- Loss of Control effects
- ...And any combination of over 110 other things with easy-to-use conditions.
- Icons can be set to show or hide based on the status of their basic element and their usability based on range, duration, stacks, and resources.
- All icons can show the standard cooldown animation to display their status, and are compatible with OmniCC.
- There are over 110 conditions that can be configured to make an icon show only under very specific or very general circumstances.
- You can set a sound to play when important attributes of an icon change.
- You can also set text to be announced/displayed when an icon's attributes change.
- Icons can show at different transparency levels based upon the usability/existence of what they are checking.
- Icons can show status bars on top of them, indicating the required resources and their remaining cooldown/duration in a different way.
- Icons can be skinned with Masque (formerly ButtonFacade).
- A druid could display an icon when a clearcasting buff procs (link)
- A mage could display an icon when Arcane Blast has sufficient mana to be cast and is in range of the target (link), and have a Polymorph icon appear when the mob they've set to focus becomes unsheeped (link)
- A death knight could have icons appear to show when Freezing Fog procs (link), when Rune Strike is usable (link), and when Horn of Winter drops and needs to be refreshed (link)
- A rogue could monitor their own stack of Deadly Poison on a mob (link), and have icons appear when they need to reapply poisons to their weapons (link)
- An elemental shaman could set an icon to show when they have more than 6 stacks of Lightning Shield (link)
- A retribution paladin could show an icon for Templar's verdict when they have 3 holy power (link)
- A hunter could show icon to help facilitate aspect swapping (link), and an icon for mend pet when their pet's health is below 50% (link)
- A balance druid could show an icon when they are out of combat and one of their mushrooms is not placed (link)
- A priest could set an icon to monitor all of their chakra states in one icon (link), or set an icon to watch the cooldown of Rapture (link)
While these examples may help you get started, the best way to use TellMeWhen is to use your imagination! The possibilities are virtually limitless, so download TellMeWhen now and see what it can do for you!
For more examples, visit the TellMeWhen examples forum.
To lock and unlock TellMeWhen, type "/tmw" or "/tellmewhen".
When you first log in with TellMeWhen installed, you will see one group of four icons in the center of your screen. To begin using TellMeWhen, right-click on one of these icons, and the icon editor will appear. You need to select an icon type from the dropdown menu and enable the icon, and then configure the icon to suit your needs based on the settings that are available. An explanation of what most settings do can be found in the tooltip displayed when you mouse over a setting.
You can also drag spells from your spellbook, your pet's spellbook, or items from your inventory to quickly set up a cooldown icon for that spell/item. Icons can be spatially manipulated by holding down the right mouse button and dragging them around. When they are dropped on another icon, a menu will appear asking you what you want to do with the icon - Options include Move, Copy, and Swap.
General settings can be accessed via '/tmw options', the Blizzard interface options, or the 'Group Settings' tab of the icon editor.
All available slash commands are:
- '/tmw' - Toggles TellMeWhen between locked (functional) or unlocked (configuration) states.
- '/tmw options' - Opens the general settings configuration for TellMeWhen.
- '/tmw profile "Profile Name"' - Loads a TellMeWhen profile. Profile name is case sensitive, and must be quoted if it contains spaces. (E.g. '/tmw profile "Cybeloras - Aerie Peak"').
- '/tmw enable groupID iconID' - Enables the specified group or icon (E.g. '/tmw enable 2 4' or '/tmw enable 3').
- '/tmw disable groupID iconID' - Disables the specified group or icon (E.g. '/tmw disable 2 4' or '/tmw disable 3').
- '/tmw toggle groupID iconID' - Toggles the specified group or icon between enabled and disabled (E.g. '/tmw toggle 2 4' or '/tmw toggle 3').
Conditions are a very powerful feature of TellMeWhen that allow you to narrow the circumstances under which an icon or group should show. To configure conditions for an icon, click the condition tab on the Icon Editor. Conditions can check a wide variety of things, and I recommend that you explore the condition type menu to see what is available. You can add multiple conditions to an icon, and you can group different conditions together for use with the Boolean operators AND and OR by clicking the parenthesis between each condition.
Conditions are also used for other purposes throughout TellMeWhen.
Meta icons are one other special feature of TellMeWhen that makes it so powerful and versatile. Meta icons allow you to specify a list of other icons to check within the meta icon, allowing you to have a large number of icons for different situations show in the same location on your screen. By chaining meta icons together
All TellMeWhen icons belong to a parent group. Each of these groups have many settings; some affect their appearance and size, while other affect their functionality. The options for a group can be accessed by typing "/tmw options", or by clicking the group settings tab on the icon editor. Groups can also have conditions set to govern when they are shown and hidden - accessed through the Group Conditions tab of the icon editor, they are configured exactly the same way as icon conditions.
PLEASE DIRECT ALL FEEDBACK/BUGS/SUGGESTIONS HERE
- Make sure that TellMeWhen is not in configuration mode. Type '/tmw' to toggle configuration mode on and off.
- The most common problem people encounter is caused by not entering the name correctly during configuration. Make sure you enter names EXACTLY as they are named when you mouse over them. For buffs this is often different from the ability/totem/trinket/enchant/talent which casts the buff, so be sure to check. Known buffs and debuffs are shown as a dark purple or a warrior brown color in the suggestion list.
- If the name of the ability does not work properly, use the SpellID. SpellIDs can be found by looking at the suggestion list that pops up as you begin typing in the name, or by finding the ability on a site such as Wowhead. The spellID is in the url, for example: www.wowhead.com/spell=53351
- Check the settings of the icon's group.
- Check the icon's settings in the other tabs of the icon editor.
Check out TellMeWhen's Examples Forum for many examples of how to accomplish wide varieties of setups in TellMeWhen. As is the case with anything on the internet, a Google search may help you to locate what you are looking for.
You may also wish to try some of these video guides, created by users of TellMeWhen:
- Up-To-Date videos:
- These videos may be a little outdated:
If you enjoy using TellMeWhen or if it has helped out your game-play considerably, please consider donating so that I may be able to afford time to develop more new features. Click the button below to donate securely through PayPal. Thank You!
TellMeWhen is also looking for individuals who are well-versed in both English and either German, Russian, Korean, French, or Portuguese to contribute to the translations! If interested, you can begin translating here, or PM me if you have questions. Thank You!
- Bar and Vertical Bar groups now have several new options:
- Show/Hide Icon - A better alternative to using "none" as a custom texture.
- Flip Icon - Swaps the side of the bar that the icon is on.
- Bar & Icon Borders - Beautify your bars!
- The TMWFormatDuration DogTag now properly handles negative durations.
- Blizzard's new completion pulse animation on cooldown sweeps is now disabled by default, and can be enabled in TMW's main options.
- Power Bar Overlays should function once again.
- Unit Cooldown icons can now filter spells based on the known class spells of a unit.
- Fixed: Condition_THREATSCALED: Usage: UnitDetailedThreatSituation("unit" [, "mob"])
- Fixed: UnitAttributes.lua:277: 'for' limit must be a number.
- The suggestion list now works with arrow keys to pick what line tab will insert.
- You can now use the suggestion list to pick condition types (the Condition Type dropdown now has a textbox on it).
- The Player Specialization condition is now deprecated in favor of the Unit Specialization condition.
- On Left/Right Click notification triggers no longer make icons click-interactive when the icon is hidden (opacity 0).
- Fixed some issues with the All-Unit Buff/Debuff icon type caused by some auras (A Murder of Crows) not firing combat log events on application/removal.
- Icons should no longer be treated as being on cooldown for color settings if they're tracking an ability that still has charges remaining.
- Fixed a typo that could sometimes break icon sorting, and may have also broken meta icons occasionally.
- Refactored the configuration for Animation and Text notifications, fixing a minor issue with settings not saving in the process.
- The Unit Specialization condition should now work for arena enemies from your own server.
- Fixed: meta.lua line 191: attempt to index field 'IconsLookup' (a nil value) (Ticket #1114)
- Implemented a better fix to animations missing required anchors, since the fix in v7.2.5 broke several things.
- Tweaked some of the default text layouts so that they more closely resemble their pre-WoW-6.1 appearance.
- Removed the diminishing returns duration setting, as it is now always 18 seconds.
- Removed some old code that was needed back when cooldown sweeps weren't inheriting their parent's opacity in the WoD beta. This was breaking cooldown sweeps on icons with Icon Alpha Flash animations where the alpha would go to 0.
- Icon Events are now setup at the end of icon setup to avoid issues with animations missing required anchors.
- Fixed a rare issue caused by unused parentheses on condition settings with less than 3 conditions.
- Fixed IconType_unitcondition\unitcondition.lua:96: attempt to index local "Conditions" (a nil value).
- New icon type: Unit Condition Icon.
- Added Dialog as a possible sound channel.
- The Icon Shown Time and Icon Hidden Time conditions are now deprecated in favor of using timer notification handlers.
- Fixed an error that will happen when screen animations end.
- Cooldown icons that aren't set to show when usable should once again fire an On Finish event.
- Fixed ItemCache.lua:110 bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
- Fixed an issue that would break upgrades over locale-specific data.
- Fixed colors of the backdrop for bar groups being wrong (green and blue were swapped).
- The Eclipse condition should now be much more responsive.
- Fixed: ClassSpellCache.lua line 281: Usage: GetClassInfo(ID)
- Fixed several issues when using On Duration Changed notification triggers on controlled groups.
- The old Runes condition has been deprecated. In its place are 3 new conditions that should be much easier to use.
- The Spell Cast Count condition has been deprecated. Its functionality can be replicated using the counter notification handler on a Combat Event icon.
- Updated the Chi condition to support a max of 6.
- You can now globally enable/disable global groups.
- While Condition Set Passing-triggered animations now work on a priority system, with those notifications higher in the configuration list having priority over lower-ranked notifications if both are eligible to play at the same time. This also prevents situations where no animations will play even though one should be.
- You can now customize the color of the backdrop for bar groups.
- Fixed an issue that caused Unit Conditions to not work with special units (group, maintank, mainassist, and player names).
- Mark of Shadowmoon and Mark of Blackrock should now work with the Internal Cooldown icon type.
- Fixed an error with power bar spell cost detection for German clients.
- Removed the Monochrome font outline option because it causes crashes so often.
- Resource Display icons should now correctly display partial resources.
- Fixed some errors that happen when using meta icons as group controllers.
- You can now easily clone an event handler by right-clicking it in the Notifications tab.
- There is a new special unitID in TellMeWhen, "group" that will check raid or party depending on which you are in. It prevents the overlap that happens when checking "player; party; raid".
- You can now adjust the opacity of the backdrop for bar icons.
- Rage (and perhaps other powers) should no longer be multipled by 10 in the Resource Display icon type.
- Warriors in Gladiator Stance will now be treated as DPS for groups' role settings, and for the Specialization Role condition.
- The "Force top-row runes..." condition setting checkbox should now always reflect the icon's settings.
- The Zone PvP Type condition now actually works.
- Excluding spells from equivalencies now works if the spell is an ID in the equivalency.
- Added event registrations to two more spellcast events in hopes of fixing an issue where Spell Cast icons sometimes don't disappear (also added these to the spell cast condition).
- Fixed a silly logic error that broke skinning of texts shown through meta icons.
- Fixed incorrect DR categories after changes made to DRData-1.0.
- New icon type: Resource Display. Works with Bar and Vertical Bar group display methods to show the amount of health, mana, etc. that some unit has.
- The Multi-state Cooldown icon type is gone - Spell Cooldown icons can replicate its functionality.
- Combat Event icons can now be group controllers, filling up a group with each event captured.
- Buff/Debuff icons can now explicity set which variable they want to look at for the "Show variable text" option.
- All icons are now hidden when you are at the barber shop.
- The combo point condition now only checks your target (so you can't try to check "player", which doesn't work).
- New condition: Item has on use effect
- New notification handler: Timer. Manipulates a stopwatch-style timer when it is triggered.
- IMPORTANT: The Buff/Debuff Duration Percent conditions are being phased out because they are deceiving.
- In Warlords of Draenor, the point at which you can refresh a buff/debuff without clipping any of the existing duration is at 30% of the BASE DURATION of the effect - not 30% the current duration.
- Using these conditions to check when a buff/debuff has less than 30% remaining is bad practice, because if you refresh at 30% remaining of an already extended aura, you are going to clip some of it.
- Instead, you should manually calculate 30% of the base duration of what you want to check, and compare against that value in a regular Buff/Debuff Duration condition.
- Fixed range checking for multiple icon types (notably Multistate cooldowns, but also others).
- Blood Pact should now have the correct ID in the BonusStamina equivalency.
- Various tooltips now reflect that the game client once again supports MP3s.
- Fixed an issue that was breaking conditions that reference other icons.
- Fixed an issue that was causing icons in controlled groups to flash shown for one frame after an update is performed.
- Fixed an issue that was causing While Condition Set Passing event triggers to not start when their condition sets are passing after leaving config mode.
- Patched a potential Lua code injection attack vector in certain condition settings. (There is no evidence that this has been abused by anybody).
- The Combat Event icon type now has special events that will fire when you multistrike.
- Various tooltips now reflect that WoW only supports .ogg files for custom sound files - MP3s are no longer supported by the game client.
- Removed error warning about other addons using debugprofilestart() - we got the data we needed.
- The Item in Range of Unit condition should once again work properly.
- TellMeWhen will no longer forcibly disable Blizzard's cooldown timer text when Tukui is enabled since Tukui now uses those texts as its timers.
- Fixed a very silly mistake that broke anchoring of an icon's text displays when Masque was not installed.
- TellMeWhen has been updated for Warlords of Draenor. Please open a ticket on CurseForge for TMW if you notice anything missing.
- New icon types:
- All-Unit Buffs/Debuffs. This icon type is mainly useful for tracking your multi-dotting on targets which might not have a unitID.
- Combat Event Error. This icon type reacts to messages like "Must be behind the target" or "You are already at full health".
- New icon display method: Vertical Bars.
- New conditions
- Instance Size
- Zone PvP Type
- You can now set a rotation amount for a icon's text displays.
- The "Highlight timer edge" setting is back.
- You can now export all your global groups at once.
- The suggestion list now defers its sorting so that input is more responsive.
- The suggestion list is now much smarter at suggesting things. For Example, "swp" will now suggestion "Shadow Word: Pain", and "dis mag" will suggest "Dispel Magic".
- Fixed another issue with ElvUI's timer texts (they weren't going away when they should have been).
- A whole lot of other minor bugs have been fixed - too many to list here.
- Re-worked the Instance Type condition to make it more extensible in the future, and also added a few missing instance types to it.
- Added a Unit Specialization condition that can check the specs of enemies in arenas, and all units in battlegrounds.
- Fixed an error that would be thrown if the whisper target ended up evaluating to nil.
- TellMeWhen now duplicates Blizzard's code for the spell activation overlay (and has some additional code to get this to play nicely with Masque) so that it should hopefully no longer get blamed for tainting your action bars.
- TellMeWhen also now duplicates Blizzard's code for dropdown menus, and improves upon it slightly. This should also help with taint issues.
- Fixed the missing slider value text for the Unit Level condition.
- The Haste conditions no longer have a hard cap of 100%.
- Fixed a false error that would display during configuring while using the [Range] DogTag.
- Fixed an error relating to refreshing the tooltip for non-button widgets.
- Numbered units entered with a space in the middle (e.g. "arena 1") will once again be corrected by TellMeWhen. It is still bad practice to enter units like that, though.
- Fixed a typo that was preventing Loss of Control icons from reporting their spell.
- Fixed an error that would happen when upgrading a text layout that was previously unnamed: IconModule_Texts\Texts.lua:150 attempt to concatenate field 'Name' (a nil value)
- You can now create global groups that exist for all characters on your account. These groups can be enabled and disabled on a per-profile basis.
- Text Layouts are now defined on an account-wide basis instead of being defined for individual profiles.
- Many icon types, when set on the first icon in a group, are now able to control that entire group with the data that they harvest.
- All references from one icon or group to another in TellMeWhen are now tracked by a unique ID. This ID will persist no matter where it is moved or exported to.
- This includes:
- Meta icons
- Icon Shown conditions (and the other conditions that track icons)
- Group anchoring to other groups
- The consequence of this is that you can now, for example, import/export a meta icon separately from the icons it is checking and they will automatically find eachother once they are all imported (as long as these export strings were created with TMW v7.0.0+)
- IMPORTANT: Existing DogTags that reference other icons/groups by ID cannot be updated automatically - you will need to change these yourself.
- This includes:
- Events have been re-branded to Notifications, and you can now add notifications that will trigger continually while a set of conditions evaluate to true.
- New Notification: Counter. Configure a counter that can be checked in conditions and displayed with DogTags.
- The On Other Icon Show/Hide events have been removed. Their functionality can be obtained using an On Condition Set Passing trigger.
- You can now adjust the target opacity of the Alpha Flash animation
- Global Cooldowns are now only filtered for icon types that can track things on the global cooldown.
- Combat Event: the unit exclusion "Miscellaneous: Unknown Unit" will now also cause events that were fired without a unit to be excluded.
- Meta Icon: The "Inherit failed condition opacity" setting has been removed. Meta icons will now always inherit the exact opacity of the icons they are showing, though this can be overridden by the meta icon's opacity settings.
- Meta Icon: Complex chains of meta icon inheritance should now be handled much better, especially when some of the icons have animations on them.
- Diminishing Returns: The duration of Diminishing Returns is now customizable in TMW's main options.
- Buff/Debuff: Ice Block and Divine Shield are now treated as being as non-stealable (Blizzard flags them incorrectly)
- Buff/Debuff: Added an [AuraSource] DogTag to obtain the unit that applied a buff/debuff, if available.
- Buff/Debuff Check: Removed the "Hide if no units" option since it didn't make much sense for this icon type.
- New Conditions added that offer integration with Big Wigs and Deadly Boss Mods.
- New Condition: Specialization Role
- New Condition: Unit Range (uses LibRangeCheck-2.0 to check the unit's approximate range)
- The Buff/Debuff - "Number of" conditions now accept semicolon-delimited lists of multiple auras that should be counted.
- You can now anchor groups to the cursor.
- You can now right-click-and-drag the group resize handle to easily change the number of rows and columns of a group, and doing so with this method will preserve the relative positions of icons within a group.
- Added group settings that allow you to specify when a group should be shown based on the role that your current specialization fulfills.
- You can now enter "none" or "blank" as a custom texture for an icon to force it to display no texture.
- You can now enter a spell prefixed by a dash to omit that spell from any equivalencies entered, E.g. "Slowed; -Dazed" would check all slowed effects except daze.
- New text layout settings: Width, Height, & JustifyV.
- The group settings tab in the Icon Editor now only displays the group options for the currently loaded icon's group by default. This can be changed back to the old behavior with a checkbox in the top-left corner of the tab in the Icon Editor.
- Exporting a meta icon will also export the string(s) of its component icons.
- Exporting groups and icons will also export the string(s) of their text layouts.
- Various updates to many buff/debuff equivalencies.
- New buff equivalency: SpeedBoosts
- Code snippets can now be disabled from autorunning at login.
- Dramatically decreased memory usage for icons that have no icon type assigned.
- You can now use "thisobj" in Lua conditions as a reference to the icon or group that is checking the conditions.
- TellMeWhen now warns you when importing executable Lua code so that you can't be tricked into importing scripts you don't know about.
- TellMeWhen_Options now maintains a backup of TellMeWhen's SavedVariables that will be restored if TellMeWhen's SVs become corrupted.
- TellMeWhen no longer includes the massively incomplete localizations for itIT, ptBR, frFR, deDE, koKR, and esMX (esMX now uses esES). If you would like to contribute to localization, go to http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/tellmewhen/localization/
- Units tracked by name with spaces in them (E.g. Kor'kron Warbringer as a CLEU unit filter) will now be interpreted properly as input.
- IMPORTANT: A consequence of this fix is that if you are enter a unit like "boss 1", this will no longer work. You need to enter "boss1", which has always been the proper unitID.
- Importing/Exporting icons from/to strings with hyperlinks in some part of the icon's data will now preserve the hyperlink.
- Icons should now always have the correct size after their view changes or the size or ID of a group changes.
- Fixed an issue where strings imported from older version of TellMeWhen (roughly pre-v6.0.0) could have their StackMin/Max and DurationMin/Max settings as strings instead of numbers.
- The "Equipment set equipped" condition should properly update when saving the equipment set that is currently equipped.
- Fixed an issue when upgrading text layouts that could also cause them to not be upgraded at all: /Components/IconModules/IconModule_Texts/Texts.lua line 205: attempt to index field 'Anchors' (a nil value)
- Currency conditions should once again be listed in the condition type selection menu.
- The NPC ID condition should now work correctly with npcIDs that are greater than 65535 (0xFFFF).
- Meta icons should reflect changes in the icons that they are checking that are caused by using slash commands to enable/disable icons while TMW is locked.
- TellMeWhen no longer registers PLAYER_TALENT_UPDATE - there is a Blizzard bug causing this to fire at random for warlocks, and possibly other classes as well, which triggers a TMW:Update() which can cause a sudden framerate drop. PLAYER_SPECIALIZATION_CHANGED still fires for everything that we cared about.
- Added a hack to ElvUI's timer texts so that they will once again obey the setting in TellMeWhen. Previously, they would be enabled for all icons because of a change made by ElvUI's developers.
- Spell Cooldown icons that are tracking by spellID instead of by name should once again reflect spell charges properly (this functionality was disrupted by a bug introduced by Blizzard in patch 5.4).
- ElvUI's timer texts are once again supported by TellMeWhen.
- Added DogTags for string.gsub and string.find.
- Added Yu'lon's Barrier to the DamageShield equivalency.
- IconModule_Alpha/Alpha.lua:84: attempt to index local "IconModule_Alpha" (a nil value)
- Rune icons will now behave properly when no runes are found that match the types configured for the icon.
- The Banish loss of control type was accidentally linked to the Fear loss of control type - this has been fixed.
- Unit cooldown icons should now attempt to show the first usable spell even if no units being checked have casted any spells yet.
- IMPORTANT: The color settings for all timer bars (including bar group and timer overlay bars) have changed a bit:
- The labels for these settings now correctly correspond to the state that they will be used for.
- The colors will automatically switch when you enable the "Fill bar up" setting for a bar.
- These changes will probably require you to reconfigure some of your settings.
- Icons in groups that use the Bar display method can now have their colors configured on a per-icon basis.
- You can copy colors between icons by right-click dragging one icon to another.
- TellMeWhen now uses a coroutine-based update engine to help prevent the occasional "script ran too long" error.
- This version also includes an updated LibDogTag-3.0 and LibDogTag-Unit-3.0 that should no longer throw "script ran too long" errors.
- Removed the "Snared" Loss of Control category from the configuration since it is most certainly not used by Blizzard.
- Item-tracking icons and condition should now always get the correct data once it becomes available.
- Buff/Debuff icons can now sort by stacks.
- The group sorting option to sort by duration now treats spells that are on the GCD as having no cooldown.
- Added a few more popup notifications when invalid settings/actions are entered/performed.
- Icons will now be automatically enabled when you select an icon type.
- Incorporated LibDogTag-Stats-3.0 into TellMeWhen's various implementations of LibDogTag-3.0.
- The Mastery condition now uses GetMasteryEffect() instead of GetMastery(). The condition will now be comparable to the total percentage increase granted by mastery instead of the value that has to be multiplied by your spec's mastery coefficient (which is no longer shown in Blizzard's character sheet.)
- TMWOptDB now uses AceDB-3.0. One benefit of this is that the suggestion list will now always be locale-appropriate.
- The suggestion list for units is now much more useful.
- The suggestion list now has a warning in the tooltip when inserting spells that interfere with the names of equivalencies.
- The suggestion list now pops up a help message the first time it is shown.
- You can now copy an icon's events and conditions by right-click-dragging the icon to another icon.
- You can also copy group conditions between groups this way.
- When right-click-dragging an icon to an icon that has multiple icons in the same place, you can now choose which one you would like the destination to be.
- Buff/Debuff icons that are set to sort by low duration should now properly display unlimited duration auras when there is nothing else to display.
- The Ranged Attack Power condition should now always use the proper RAP value.
- Fixed some "You are not in a raid group" errors.
- All features in TellMeWhen that track items (including Item Cooldown icons and any item conditions) are universally able to accept slotIDs as input, and all features will now correctly distinguished equipped items from items in your bag when tracking by slotID. This is the result of a new, robust system for managing items.
- New Icon Type: Buff/Debuff Check (for checking missing raid buffs).
- New advanced feature: Lua Snippets
- New advanced icon event handler: Lua Execution
- Mass refactoring has taken place. You will need to restart WoW when upgrading to this version of TellMeWhen.
- Multi-state Cooldown icons can now keep track of spell charges.
- Added a new setting to the Runes condition that allows you to force the condition to check for non-death runes.
- Rune icons can now distinguish between checking normal runes and death runes.
- Rune icons have an option to show extra unusable runes as charges.
- Added a buff equivalency to track absorbtion shields ("DamageShield").
- NPC ID
- Time of Day
- Quest Complete
- Spell Cast Count
- Absorbtion shield amount
- Unit Incoming heals
- The IncreasedStats equivalency should now always properly check for the Legacy of the Emperor buff
- Groups being moved (dragged around) should now much more reliably detatch from your cursor when they are supposed to.
- Fixed an accidental inversion of the 1st param to TMW_LOCK_TOGGLED
- Replaced Blood Pact with Dark Intent for the IncreasedStamina equivalency.
- The "All Types" setting for Loss of Control icons should now work as intended.
- Attempted to fix the issue where the "You are not in a raid" message would be caused by TellMeWhen.
- Fixed: Components/IconModules/IconModule_Alpha/Alpha.lua:145 attempt to perform arithmetic on field "actualAlphaAtLastChange" (a nil value)
- Fixed: IconType_unitcooldown/unitcooldown.lua:270 attempt to index local "NameHash" (a boolean value)
- Conditions that use the c.GCDReplacedNameFirst condition substitution will no longer fail to compile when the spell being subbed in contains a double quote.
- Fixed an offset error with the Instance Type condition.
- Forgot to remove a call to a method that was retired in 5.2 when I upgraded the code to work with 5.2 (GetInstanceDifficulty).
- New icon type: Swing Timer.
- New conditions: Swing Timer - Main Hand; Swing Timer - Off Hand.
- Added textures to the icon type select menu.
- All pre-MoP compatibility code has been removed.
- You can now use item slot IDs as dynamic Custom Texture values. Syntax is $item.1, where 1 is the item slot ID (1-19) that you want to use.
- Added a setting to customize the shadow on text displays.
- Text from the Text Displays module should now always appear above all other icon elements.
- Fixed: Core/Conditions/Categories/PlayerAttributes.lua:60: attempt to call upvalue "GetInstanceDifficulty" (a nil value)
- The ALPHA_STACKREQ and ALPHA_DURATIONREQ data processor hooks should now properly trigger the TMW_ICON_UPDATED event when their state changes, which will allow meta icons (that check icons that implement these hooks) to properly update as needed.
- The "Talent learned", "Glyph active", and "Tracking active" conditions should now always update properly when checked in a condition set where there are OnUpdate driven conditions in a higher position than these conditions.
- EditBoxes will no longer have their text reset if they are focused and have unsaved changes when a non-editbox setting is changed.
- Added a new tag [LocType] to display the category of loss of control icon types.
- New slash command for changing profiles: /tmw profile "Profile Name"
- Animations can now be anchored to different components of an icon (when appropriate).
- Designed a new protocol for sharing class spells to prevent the old version of it that was dramatically flawed from leaking into a new version of it.
- Icon Color Flash animations should now work correctly.
- Rewrote (but mostly just refactored) the database initialization process so that it runs in a much more logical fashion, and also so it allows for upgrades in the "global" DB namespace to run when they are supposed to.
- Rewrote (but mostly just refactored) event configuration code.
- The [Opacity] tag should now properly return a number instead of a boolean.
- Added Mind Quickening to the IncreasedSpellHaste equivalency
- Fixed [string "ConditionEvents_SPELLCHARGETIME"] line 3: attempt to call global 'GetSpellCharges' (a nil value)
- The group "Only show in combat" setting is now handled by the group's event handlers (instead of conditions) to prevent Script ran too long errors (hopefully).
- Invented a new method for moving the Icon Editor so that it won't jump around all over the place anymore.
- Fixed an issue with DetectFrame for GroupModule_GroupPosition (Thanks to ChairmanKaga, ticket #740).
- Event handlers that are changed from an event that has short condition checking enabled to an event that does not have condition checking should now function correctly.
- It should no longer be possible for the bottom of the icon editor to extend off your screen and preventing you from resizing it.
- Added a new text output handler for the Instance channel, and updated existing chat output methods for this channel.
- Fixed error Interface/AddOns/TellMeWhen/TellMeWhen.lua:155: table index is nil
- New icon display method: Bars.
- New icon type: Loss of Control (WoW 5.1+ only)
- You may notice some slight changes to the way your text layouts appear, especially if you used the Constrain Width setting. You will have to re-adjust your old layouts to achieve old functionality, which will probably require adding a second anchor to any affected text displays.
- New group option: Group Opacity.
- New conditions: Buff/Debuff Duration Percentage.
- The "Class Colored Names" setting was removed due to internal conflicts with DogTag and the implementation of this setting.
- Conditions with minimum values less than zero should now allow for these values to be selected.
- The Show Timer Text option should now work properly with Tukui.
- You should no longer see an error randomly telling you that TMW can't do an action in combat when no action has been triggered.
- Logging in while in combat with Masque installed without the Allow Config in Combat option enabled should no longer leave icons in a mangled state.
- Logging in while in combat with the Allow Config in Combat option enabled should now have a much lower chance of triggering a 'script ran too long' error.
- Items whose cooldown durations are reported as being 0.001 seconds should no longer be treated as being usable.
- Added missing spells to the SpellDamageTaken equivalency
- Attempted a fix for error <string>:"Condition_SPELLDMG":3: Usage: GetSpellBonusDamage(school)
- All slashes in custom texture paths will be converted to backslashes upon processing.
- The [Name] DogTag should now always update properly.
- Fixed the error stemming from Components/Core/Spells/ClassSpellCache.lua:215 ()? running while in combat.
- New icon event: On Condition Set Passing. Allows you to create an event handler that reacts to the state of a condition set.
- New icon event: On Icon Setup. Essentially allows you to have a "default state" for icon animations.
- Added a dropdown menu to select an icon when right clicking a spot on your screen that contains multiple icons.
- Conditions with no maximum value (e.g. Health/Mana; any condition that checks a time) now allow manual input of a value.
- There is now an option to allow configuration while in combat (as opposed to allowing at all the time with potential bugs, the options module now loads at login when this option is enabled to prevent many errors and bugs).
- Spell charge time
- In pet battle
- Equipment set equipped
- Icon Shown Time
- Icon Hidden Time
- New setting for Buff/Debuff icons: Hide if no units.
- Added Challenge Mode and 40 Player raid to the Instance Type condition.
- The Totem icon type has been re-focused towards the Rune of Power talent for mages.
- The Buff Efficiency Threshold setting is back.
- Changed all file encodings to UTF-8 in hopes of fixing the loading problems that many users are having.
- The [Duration] tag now has a parameter that allows for the GCD to be ignored ([Duration(gcd=false)])
- Added a separate toggle for the Show Timer Text option that only affects the timer text that ElvUI provides.
- Minimum group frame level is now 5 instead of 1 to prevent issues caused at low frame levels.
- Increased the delay on LoadFirstValidIcon from 0.1 seconds to 0.5 seconds in hopes of preventing the AceCD:804 error more often.
- Soul shard condition maximum has been increased to 4 (from 3).
- The lightwell icon type should now work properly with the Lightspring glyph.
- Tried again to fix the AceCD:804 error. Probably didn't succeed.
- Fixed an incorrect spellID for Spirit Beast Blessing in the IncreasedMastery equivalency.
- Groups should now properly show/hide as needed when you change between primary/secondary talents specializations when both specializations are the same.
- Condition Object Constructors are now much more reliable (at the cost of some garbage churn when running TMW:Update())
- Fix attempted for GroupModule_GroupPosition/Config.lua line 47: attempt to index local 'Module' (a nil value)
- IncreasedStats should now properly include Legacy of the Emperor
- Fixed Components/IconTypes/IconType_unitcooldown/unitcooldown.lua:317 attempt to index local 'NameHash' (a boolean value)
- Fixed Components/IconModules/IconModule_PowerBar/PowerBar.lua:128 attempt to index local 'colorinfo' (a nil value)
- Fixed Components/IconModules/IconModule_Alpha/Alpha.lua:96 attempt to compare nil with number
- The "Show Timer Text" option now works with ElvUI
- Fixed TellMeWhen: Condition MELEEAP tried to write values to Env different than those that were already in it.
- Attempted some fixes at some obscure bugs that can happen with replacement spells (e.g. tracking Immolate in a debuff icon was getting force-changed to Corruption in Affliction spec.)
- Removed the blank normaltexture that every icon had because of issues it causes in WoW 5.1
- The Instance Type condition should now work properly.
- Hacked in a fix for <string>:"local _G = _G -- 1...":6: attempt to index field "__functions" (a nil value)
- Item conditions show now correctly work if the item that they are tracking was entered by name and wasn't in your bags at login.
- When a profile in the import menus has more than 10 groups, its groups will be split into submenus so that they don't run off the screen.
- Attempted a fix at the issue with text corruption when typing Chinese characters into DogTag formatted editboxes.
- The glyph condition should now work correctly when its logic is set to false.
- You should no longer be spammed with messages telling you that you are not in a guild.
- The Show icon texture setting for MikSBT text output should now function as intended.
- Attempted a fix for TellMeWhen.lua line 2333: attempt to get length of field 'CSN' (a nil value)
- A Special note: r450 concludes a series of 9 bogus commits that were made in order to restore the revision number of the repo back to where it was before the data loss that struck CurseForge's SVN repos on 11/7
- Re-implemented the stance condition for paladin seals.
- Minor updates for some buff/debuff equivalancies. Still need help getting these completely up to date, though! If you notice something missing, please let me know!
- You can now change the event of an event handler once it has been created.
- New setting for Combat Event icons - Don't Refresh.
- Added Raid Finder to the Instance Type condition.
- You can now output text to the UI Errors Frame.
- Moved the Timers ignore GCD & Bars ignore GCD settings from per-profile to per-icon.
- Updated Unit Cooldown icons for all cooldown resets in MoP.
- DR categories should now be complete for MoP. Please report any missing spells.
- You can once again toggle config mode in combat. You may still get script ran too long errors if TellMeWhen_Options has not been loaded yet and you unlock in combat, but it won't break anything.
- You can now reorder groups.
- Added a setting to make colors ignore the GCD. It is enabled by default.
- Added center text as a default text layout.
- New condition: Unit is Player.
- Unit conditions now allow Lua conditions.
- Unit conditions now allow you to track the target of the icon's units.
- Fixed static formats again (ICONMENU_MULTISTATECD_DESC)
- (Condition ROLE): attempt to index global "roles" (a nil value)
- Buff/debuff duration sorting actually works now!
- TellMeWhen_Options.lua:3351: attempt to index local "settingsUsedByEvent" (a nil value)
- Announcements.lua:531: attempt to concatenate local "Text" (a nil value)
- Leader of the Pack should now be properly checked by the IncreasedCrit equivalency
- Fixed a major flaw with importing profiles from backup or from other profiles in the db
- (Condition THREATRAW): attempt to call global 'UnitDetailedThreatSituation' (a nil value)
- Fixed cooldown resetting with unitcooldown icons. Spells still not really updated for MoP
- Fixed a bug where colors weren't being updated when the duration of an icon changes. Colors still suck, but at least they should work (better) now.
- Fixed a bag bug that will completely break most configuration after cloning a text layout
- Fixed a bug where profiles of version 60032 or earlier could not be imported by version 60033 or later.
- Fixed an error caused by dragging certain talents/specialization spells onto icons.
- Wrote a library (LibSpellRange-1.0) to solve the range checking problem in MoP.
- Texts.lua line 438: attempt to compare nil with number - Fixed for real this time!
- The talent specialization condition will now properly allow all four choices for druids.
- The pet talent tree conditions should no longer be listed for non-hunters.
- As a workaround to a strange bug in DogTag, the [Stacks] tag now returns a number value instead of a string. All default and otherwise reasonable variations of [Stacks:Hide('0') should automatically be upgraded.
- Unit conditions now actually work with icon types other than Buff/Debuff.
- Fixed an error with the GCD condition on login.
- The behavior of the link parameter for Item Cooldown icons' [Spell] DogTag should no longer be backwards.
- Shift-clicking links into the text announcement input box should now format them correctly for DogTag. Existing links cannot/will not be updated.
- Fixed errors with mismatched frames and channels in the text output event configuration.
- Attempted a fix for an error involving data from the last used suggestion module to leak into the DogTag suggestion module.
- Cooldown icons should now provide much better functionality when checking multiple spells. Single-spell functionality should (hopefully) remain unchanged.
- Updated the name and description of the "Spell Cast Succeeded" Combat Event to reflect that it now only tracks instant cast spells.
- Bumped TellMeWhen_Options interface number
- Fixed warlock stance suggestions
- Removed paladin auras
- Fixed name coloring issue
- Fixed an error with range checking invalid spells
- Holy power limit increased to 5
- The "Show Variable text" setting should no longer cause errors
- Fixed the GCD spell for warriors (again)
- Fixed an issue with static formats and ptBR, zhCN, and zhTW.
- /Core/Conditions/Categories/BuffsDebuffs.lua:56 attempt to index global 'strlowerCache' (a nil value)
- Bug fix: Fixed positioning issues when using Masque.
- This is by far the biggest update that TMW has ever seen. There were so many changes that I lost track of them. Here are a few:
- Full support for Mists of Pandaria. If anything is missing, please open a ticket.
- Almost everything in TMW is now modular. The most immediate effect of this is that the main tab in the icon editor is now divided into panels for each component that is contributing to an icon.
- Implemented LibDogTag as the text manager for TMW instead of TMW's old (and very limited) system. You can now create text layouts that can be applied to an icon to dictate how the texts for that icon will be displayed.
- You can now specify a new set of conditions that are attached to the units that an icon checks. This is the replacement for the now-removed ability to track "%u" as a unit in icon conditions.
- You can now select any of the 4 sound channels to play sounds to (instead of just Master and SFX).
- You can now list specific totems to be checked by totem icons.
- Added On Left Click and On Right Click event handlers to icons.
- You can now change the direction that icons layout in within a group.
- Spell Crit is now an event that can be tracked by Combat Event icons.
- Added a condition to check if you have your mouse over a frame (group or icon).
- Added conditions to check if you have a certain glyph active.
- Added a condition to check the creature type (Undead, Humanoid, Demon, etc.) of a unit.
- There are many, many more changes not listed here. I recommend that you just start configuring TellMeWhen to see what all has changed.
- Bug Fixes:
- (r485) (Condition): attempt to call global "GetEclipseDirection" (a nil value)
- Bug Fixes:
- (r483) Unit Cooldown icons checking spells by name should now function properly.
- (r483) Cooldown sweeps and other icon components are no longer anonymous frames, returning to their previous nomenclature appended by an underscore and the icon's view type (Currently only "icon", more coming soon)
- (r483) Fixed a faulty upgrade of the "Pass Through" setting when upgrading past 50035. Settings that already had this faulty upgrade occur may notice that the "Pass Through" setting on some of their events was toggled from checked to unchecked.
- Super cool changes:
- All icon types have been changed to be entirely event based, meaning that they will no longer update themselves when they don't need to, resulting in a (tremendous) performance increase.
- The Condition engine has been completely rewritten and is now almost entirely event driven, resulting in another (tremendous) performance increase.
- Events have been completely rewritten to allow an unlimited amount of handlers to be created for an icon (instead of one text, one sound, and one animation per event per icon as previously).
- You can now sort all of the icons of a group based on attributes like duration, stacks, and opacity.
- Pretty cool changes:
- You can now check units relative to the special condition unit '%u' (for example, '%u-target' or '%upettarget').
- There is now an option (enabled by default) to color the names of units in text displays and outputs.
- Added slash commands to easily enable or disable icons and groups.
- Added Floating Combat Text as a text output.
- Added two new animations: Icon Border and Icon Image Overlay.
- You can now press tab to insert the first entry that is displayed in the suggestion list.
- Really boring changes:
- The icon listing in dropdowns for meta icons, condition icons, and others is now much prettier and more informative.
- Enrage is now a proper dispel type, and no longer relies on a pre-defined list of enrages.
- Implemented a proper class-based inheritance system for many objects (Icons, Icon Types, Groups, Condition Groups).
- Icons that check units now have their units managed behind the scenes whenever possible so that icons aren't trying to check units that don't exist.
- You can now drag spells and items to the Custom Texture editbox to easily insert the texture of that spell or item.
- Power bars and Timer bars have been shipped out into their own files, so a completely restart will be needed if you want to use them.
- Bug Fixes:
- (r427) (Condition): attempt to call global 'GetPrimaryTalentTree' (a nil value)
- (r428) (Condition): attempt to call global 'IsResting' (a nil value)
- (r428) conditions.lua line 447: attempt to compare nil with number
- (r429) Implemented a workaround for Blizzard's mismanagement of color in the Raid Warning Frame text output
- (r429) TellMeWhen_Options.lua:1434: attempt to index local "icon" (a nil value)
- (r429) An icon/group should no longer be treated as if it has failing conditions after it had conditions that were failing, but those conditions were removed
- (r430) Fixed the list of unitIDs used to guess a unit's class
- (r431) A unit's class should now be properly detected when the unit is from another server
- (r434) Icon Show/Hide events should work once again
- (r435) Unit substitutions should work once again
- (r436) Fixed a bug causing the wrong data to be reported for Combat Event events
- (r437) When a meta icon changes the icon it is checking, it should no longer stop any animations that the meta icon itself initiated (non-inherited animations)
- (r439) TellMeWhen-5.0.0.lua:4227: attempt to index local "ic" (a number value)
- (r441) TellMeWhen-5.0.0.lua:3572: attempt to compare nil with number
- (r442) (Not really a bug fix): Added an option to TMW's main settings to temporarily disable the new update mechanism, reverting to the old method.
- (r443) Fixed SPELL_ACTIVATION_OVERLAY_GLOW_HIDE typo.
- (r451) TellMeWhen-enUS.lua:404: nesting of [[...]] is deprecated near "["
- (r452) The Resting condition should now properly update when entering a battleground/dungeon/etc while resting, and vice-versa.
- (r453) Combat Event icons should no longer process any sound/text/animation events when their parent group is hidden.
- (r459) TellMeWhen-5.0.0.lua:4740: attempt to index field "OnDuration" (a boolean value)
- (r461) TellMeWhen.lua line 3105: attempt to index field '?' (a boolean value)
- (r462) AceDB-3.0-22.lua:104 in function <Ace3/AceDB-3.0/AceDB-3.0.lua:100 table index is NaN (MAYBE)
- (r464) Fixed meta icons that check entire groups
- (r467) TellMeWhen-5.0.0.lua:3018: attempt to concatenate local "name" (a nil value)
- (r468) Meta icons that are checking conditions show now properly update themselves when the state of their conditions change
- (r469) Buff/Debuff "Number of" conditions should work properly now.
- (r469) Sorting Buffs/Debuffs should now work if only one aura is being checked by the icon (the unit being checked may have more than one auras of the same name/ID, or the icon may be checking multiple units.)
- (r470) Icons that are being watched by On Icon Show/Hide events should now always be registered with the icon update engine to ensure that the icons that depend on these events function as expected
- (r471) TellMeWhen-5.0.0.lua:522: attempt to index local "h" (a nil value)
- (r472) TellMeWhen_Options.lua:4797: attempt to concatenate local "i" (a nil value)
- (r476) TellMeWhen-5.0.0.lua:457: attempt to index local "h" (a nil value)
- (r477) Buff/debuff icons that sort or that exceed the efficiency threshold should now properly update and display the unit they check when requested
- (r478) CLEU icons should once again not process their events when the icon or the icon's group is hidden
- (r479) Attempted a fix at activation overlay borders appearing underneath the icon they are playing on
- Bug Fixes:
- (r423) Events with conditions (Duration, Stacks changed) should now handle animations and sound properly.
- Bug Fixes:
- (r421) You should no longer lock up when using the GCD condition
- Bug Fixes:
- (r412) icd.lua:134 attempt to index field 'HELP' (a nil value)
- (r413) Meta icons that are sorted by high duration should now diplay the first icon shown if no icons have an active timer
- (r414) Combat Event icons that have spell filters without defined durations should now properly fall back to the icon-wide duration
- (r416) Meta icons that are set to sort should once again sort
- (r417) The icon unit setting should now always save when using the dropdown to change it
- New icon type: Combat Event. Displays information about combat events according to filters that you can set. Full support for events, including text output.
- Rewrote the entire animation system to allow meta icons to inherit icon animations.
- Text outputs now substitute a hyperlink for '%s' when appropriate.
You can now leave the unit cooldown icon's "Unit(s) to watch" field blank to track all known units.
- New animation: Icon: Alpha Flash.
- Icon animations can now be set to play indefinitely (or until stopped by the Icon: Stop Animations animation trigger).
- Removed Entangling Roots from the CrowdControl debuff equivalency.
- Bug Fixes:
- (r384) Weapon enchant should now be properly detected in zhCH clients
- (r384) The weapon enchant suggestion list should now properly display shaman enchants in zhTW clients
- (r384) TellMeWhen_Options.lua:2092 Usage: GetAddon(name): 'name' - Cannot find an AceAddon 'LUI_Cooldown'
- (r385) Moving/Swapping an icon that the icon editor is editing shouldn't cause the old settings to stick around
- (r390) Weapon enchant icons should now always detect the current weapon enchant in a timely manner for rogue characters
- (r391) Added the debuff that results from being the the target of a warrior who casts intimidating shout with the glyph to the Feared debuff equivalency
- (r396) Buff/debuff icons should now set an ID as their spell checked rather than a name, allowing them to function more completely with the hyperlink feature of r395
- (r397) Animations inherited by a meta icon should now properly cancel when the meta icon changes to an icon with no animations
- (r398) Both ranks of Shattered Barrier should now be included in the "Rooted" equivalency
- (r401) Conditions that check units should now work again (oops)
- (r402) Condition:1: attempt to index global "c" (a nil value)
- (r403) StaticFormats.lua line 27: bad argument #1 to 'format' (number expected, got string)
- (r406) Fixed a small bug with the timers on Condition Icons
- (r409) Spell durations containing a decimal should now be properly inserted via the suggestion list when durations are inserted
- New Feature: Animations. You can now pick animations to play wh
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, Minigames, and Boss Encounters
- 932,703 Monthly Downloads
- 839,527 Monthly Downloads
- AtlasLoot Enhanced
- Map & Minimap, Professions, Arena, and Boss Encounters
- 679,511 Monthly Downloads
- Titan Panel
- Plugins and Titan Panel
- 473,651 Monthly Downloads
- Achievements, Quests & Leveling, and Map & Minimap
- 461,824 Monthly Downloads