Tidy Plates enhances World of Warcraft's floating health bars - commonly known as 'nameplates' - and provides a flexible theme system which can be used to create your own design. This download comes with several theme packages, but alternatives are available.
Use the command, '/tidyplates' as a shortcut to the interface panel for Tidy Plates. On that panel, you'll be able to select from a list of available themes. The theme you choose will define both appearance and features. Clicking the wrench icon will take you to the configuration window for that theme.
Questions and Comments
Please post your questions and comments on the Tidy Plates Forum page, hosted on Curseforge.
If you're having trouble with Tidy Plates or its bundled themes, please check out these common solutions.
Please use the Curseforge Ticket system to report bugs.
* Combo Widget: Fixed monk and localization issues
* Blizzard theme; "Fixed" the graphic alignment?
* Aura Widget: Support for Infinite Duration (0=Expiration Time) auras, like "Storm, Earth, and Fire".
* Hub; Cast Bar: Changed the logic of Friendly Unit cast bars. Perhaps this will help Capacitor Totem visibility?
* Unit Cache:
- In LUA, When a table gets large, it will be slower to search. For some users, this cache may be quite large....
- New features will automatically remove old data, and speed up lookups....
- Added a second level Cache, which is looked at FIRST; not a saved variable (ie. erased on logout). This should reduce frequent lookups to the BIG table.
- Added a 'lastSeen' feature, where the function will timestamp when the unit was seen, and remove any unit entry (on login) not seen for 60 days.
* Combo Widget: Monks get to see their Chi displayed in the Combo widget
Fix for mouseover (and many other things)
* Fixed: Core: IsHighlighted... figured out that IsShown() now returns a bool, rather than 1/0. *sigh*
Fix for Friendly Class Colors
* Fixed: Hub;Functions;GetFriendlyClass: IsInInstance() now returns true or false, rather than nil or false. Updated the function to match WoW 6.0
* Removed 5.x Specific core code.
* Curseforge Reupload
* TOC update to 60000
* WoD Update....
* Fixed Target selection issue; UnitExists() now returns true/false, rather than 1/0
* Fixed Mouseover issue; 6.0 no longer uses the Highlight region to indicate mouseover; Using Name text color change.
* Fixed Elite/Dragon Texture being reshown; Using :SetAlpha(0) rather than nilling the texture.
* Core: Raised the default Dropdown Menu strata to TOOLTIP
These three changes were made to address "Action Blocked" messages caused by using Blizzard's DropdownMenu:
* Core: Added XML Template, TidyPlatesDropdownDrawerTemplate
* Core: Added Homebrew Dropdown Menu Replacement (Trying to fix Blocked Action/Protected UI Taint issues in Panels and Hub)
* Core: Updated PanelHelpers.CreateDropdownFrame to use "TidyPlatesDropdownDrawerTemplate" and the "Dropdown Menu Replacement"
* Core: Alpha transition animation has been restored. You can disable it in the /tidyplates panel.
* Themes: Fixed Neon and Quatre Headline font size (bumped them down a few pts)
* Widgets: UnitCache: Fixed Connected Realm Class Caching
* Widgets: Fixed UnitCache to account for changes to the guild roster format
* Themes: Update Grey and Graphite to the new font variable
* Themes: Reduced "Roboto Condensed" size to better match the old font
* Widgets: Re-Fixed Class Icon
* Core: Added: unit.isMini = boolean. This will eventually replace "unit.platetype" and "unit.isTrivial". Not anytime soon, though.
* Widgets: Fixed the Class Icon widget. Finally. Added class-colored borders to each icon.
* Hub: Added a new checkbox to "Scale"; "Auto-Scale Mini Mobs", which will downscale those tiny guys, ironically making it easier to target.
* Hub: Added a new checkbox to "Unit Filter", "Override Target Scale", which will maintain the filtered scale of Targeted Mobs.
* Hub: "Use Blizzard font" should work properly again.
* Hub: Moved "Health Bar" to the top of the Hub page
* Hub: Merged "Style" into "Headline Mode"
* Hub: Raised "Buffs & Debuffs" upward in the Hub page
* Hub: "Health Bar" gets a couple new choices; Namely, separate coloring options for Friendly vs Enemy plates.
* Hub: Pruned the Color Mode lists
* Hub: Removed the "Warning Border Glow Mode" selector; Don't worry! There's still a Warning Glow, but it's turned on/off within the "Threat" category.
* Hub: Added an option to "Spell Casting", "Enable Friendly Castbars"
* Themes: More fixes for text issues.
* Themes: New Font: Started replacing "Accidental Presidency" with "Roboto Condensed" across the bundled themes.
- Widgets: Combo Point: Anticipation "fix"
- Hub: Cached class colors in instances
- Widgets: Unit Cache: Stores non-local units with a " (*)" suffix.
- Hub: Class colors on cached units shoud work properly
- Core: New unit data: unit.rawName strips the (*) from nameplate names.
- Core: The carrier frame is now globally labeled with a unique frame name.
- Hub: Healer Tracking: Now uses unit.rawName rather than unit.name
- Widgets: Aura Tracker: Now uses unit.rawName to associate on-screen PvP names
- Widgets: Unit Cache: Will now properly filter non-realm units (ex. coalesced or battlegroup)
- Reverted the fix for Viewport mods. Keep using Compatibility mode, guys...
- TOC Bump
- Core: OnShowCastbar will now check for unit health before proceeding, hopefully avoiding errors when the Castbar's OnShow handler is called early.
- * Fix for Viewport Mods (specifically, Sunn), particularly, when the actual vertical viewport is decreased.
* This should reduce or eliminate the need for Compatibility Mode.
- Core: Compatibility Mode: Restored alpha-override behavior
- Hub: Warning Glow: Fixed InCombatLockdown() reference
- I may have fixed some bugs. Or maybe that was a dream. Hard to recall whilst under Benadryl's spell.
- Ok, I definitely changed some things, and I'm not getting errors in game. That's a good sign.
- Made some changes to (hopefully) fix 1) debuff tracking oddities, and 2) lua error using health text.
- Added a workaround/fix to the broken Blizzard function, InterfaceOptionsFrame_OpenToCategory. Slash command shortcuts for /hub and /tidyplates will now work properly.
- Added a Compatibility Mode checkbox to the interface panel. This will fall back to older anchoring methods.
- Core: The OnShow handler will skip all data gather on that first cycle; The Alpha data is (still) unreliable, causing GUID association issues.
- Updated 6.12 with the changes made to the castbar during 6.11. (Since 6.12 inherits the 6.10 core, it didn't see the progression)
- Aura Widget: Fixed issue where aura is briefly shown, then hidden. Should be fixed.
- Added a copy of the reference to healthbar and castbar. for Threat Plates Compatibility.
- Reintegration of 6.10 Core, which includes reorganization and rebuilding of the main engine.
- Check unit.health on spell cast functions, to catch premature update calls.
- In reverting, I missed updating the TOC version for TidyPlatesHub. Updated for 50300
- Core: Fixed a cast bar bug, where the sub-object references were not being updated. Addresses certain "attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'health' (a nil value)" errors
- Basically, I've given up trying to quickly patch up 6.10. I've reverted to 6.9.9, and made the changes necessary for it to work with WoW 5.3. If you want the Performance Mode stuff, grab the old version, or keep an eye out for it to be Re-Beta'd as 6.12.
These are the changes that I've migrated:
- Spell Casting Update, for WoW 5.3
- Core: Set initial fonts during Init/Hooking. Removes the possibility of :SetFont() errors.
- Combo Points: "Anticipation" fix for non-english regions
- Core: Fixed a major typo. Should fix SetStyle/Headline Mode and ClassIcon LUA errors at the very least. Might explain some of the other elusive bugs.
* Performance Mode:
By default this is NOT enabled, reverting to the older, slower, reliable method.
Using Performance Mode may break HHTD and other nameplate addons.
You may also experience 'hung' nameplates. Please report these, and try to be as
specific as possible in describing the condition of the game when it occured.
- Core: (Since 6.10.2) Performance Mode: This enables the performance improvements introduced in 6.10.
- Core: Reintegrated original Alpha locking
- Core: More reorganization, pruning of old, dead methods
- Core: Set initial fonts during Init/Hooking. Removes the possibility of :SetFont() errors. Not sure why I didn't do this years ago.
- Panel: Removal of latent "Show Minimap Icon" button code
- Panel: New Option: Performance Mode. This enables the performance improvements introduced in 6.10. By default this is NOT enabled, which uses the safer parenting method.
- Using "Performance Mode" may cause problems with other nameplate addons.
- Panel: Reverted the dropdown menu init changes from beta4. Seems to be messing up the panel.
- Core: Blizz Spell Shadow: More thoroughly hidden
- Hub: Threat/Warning Glow fix
- Core: Spelltext; "Font Not Set" error - Hopefully fixed
- Update to 5.3 TOC
- Core: *Parenting Tidy Plates Frame to UIParent & Reanchor back to base nameplate. Performance boost.
- Core: Refactoring, oh my
- Core: Removed the 'Spell Cast Watcher' component; 5.3 natively adds this function.
- Core: Added hooks to the on-nameplate spell cast bar
- Combo Points: "Anticipation" fix for non-english regions? someone needs to test this, cuz I'm in an english region.
- Healertrack: Strsplit fix (thought I fixed that several months ago.. hmmm...)
* The new anchoring method is still new, and weird bugs may surface. Post yer bugs!
- Hub: Added "Selective Optional Text"
- Deprecated: 'customart' Texture and theme functions. Please use the Widget system to create additional textures. (Removing unused textures provides a small performance improvement)
- Core: Reorganized the nameplate strata, removing an unnecessary anchor frame
- Core: Reorganized and relabeled some internal functions, adding a few extra comments
- Core & Aura Widget: Made some changes to reduce extraneous calls.
- Aura Widget: "Show Dispellable Auras" should work, now. Ran some BGs, and things seemed to work.
- Hub: Added a warning, notifying the user when they're not using a Hub-compatible theme.
- Hub: Added a divider line between Headings
- Aura Widget: The old method of applying the aura widget has been re-added; The new method (described somewhere below) is still preferred!
- Hub: "By Threat" Color Modes will pass through enemy class colors, when available, and then use Reaction colors. (NPC-Pets will continue to use the "By Threat" colors)
- Hub: "By Threat" Warning Glow Mode now incorporates "By Enemy Healer", so it can be used for Pvp without changing config.
* These changes may evolve into more situationally reactive configs... we'll see!
- Widgets: HealerTrack: Should more reliably and quickly detect the spec of the enemy units.
- Tank Aura Watcher fix
- Performance improvement on Hidden mobs
- More extensive 'nil' strsplit error checking
- Aura Widget: Better association of Player characters, especially friendly Buffs
- Hub: Added "Reaction" and "Spell Casting" color options
- Hub: Added reaction colors to 'By Threat' Functions
- Hub: The Widget creation and update functions will look for, and call: TidyPlatesGlobal_OnInitialize, TidyPlatesGlobal_OnContextUpdate, TidyPlatesGlobal_OnUpdate.
TidyPlatesGlobal_OnInitialize() is called when a nameplate is created or re-shown
TidyPlatesGlobal_OnContextUpdate() is called when a unit is targeted or moused-over. (Any time the unitid or GUID changes)
TidyPlatesGlobal_OnUpdate() is called when other data about the unit changes, or is requested by an external controller.
* These functions can be used to create and maintain non-theme widgets. Eventually, they may be implemented directly into the Core
* Widget authors should hook the existing function, if it's present (No Returns):
Ex. local OriginalFunction = TidyPlatesGlobal_OnInitialize
TidyPlatesGlobal_OnInitialize = function (extended)
if not extended.widgets.mywidget then extended.widgets.mywidget = CreateFrame("Frame", nil, extended) end
if OriginalFunction then OriginalFunction(extended) end
- Core: Reversion of scale and alpha handling to 6.9.Beta3 (Removal of transition effects)
- Found and fixed a last-second debug code spam.
- Tell me this long national nightmare is over!
- Tapped Mobs now apparently have the color: 0.53, 053, 0.53.... so I've updated the core to properly ID tapped mobs
- Mousing over a nameplate will temporarily bring that frame to FrameLevel 1, which should help targeting in crowds.
- A few other little things that I can't recall now. I need sleep!
- More bug fixing, which seems to be a blessing in-disguise, since it's yeilding some removal of redundancies, and (hopefully) incremental improvement in performance.
- Hub: Added a new Filter Item, "Filter Mini-Mobs". This'll allow you to scale and fade those pesky mobs with mini-nameplates. 70% works well for me.
- Fixed: Raid Icon Bug? (Changed some stuff around to even further reduce the chance of an out-of-order plate styling.)
- Increased default rate of Alpha/Scale Transitions. Can be changed via, TidyPlates:EnableFadeIn(FadeRate)
- Added some additional code to check for nil values in the Default Filter Function.
- Added Players to the "Filter" Hub Mode
Note: Threat Plates v6.008 is not completely compatible; If you're using Threat Plates, please use Tidy Plates v6.8.3 for best results.
- Core: Added Scale Transitions. Disable via, TidyPlates:DisableFadeIn() or /tidyplates panel
- Core: Added full Alpha Transitions. Disable via, TidyPlates:DisableFadeIn() or /tidyplates panel
- Core: Added a Tidy Plates Panel checkbox to control the Scale/Alpha fade feature
- Core: New unit variable: unit.platetype = 1 or 2, where 1 = normal Blizzard nameplate, and 2 = mini nameplates (seen on 'drone' mobs, for example)
- Core: Added code to correct value '0' scale from delegate functions
- Core: The SetHealthbarColor delegate will now control the statusbar-backdrop color in addition to the healthbar color:
- 1. The SetHealthbarColor delegate gradient has been deprecated (It accepted two rgb sets - r1,g1,b1,r2,g2,b2 - which corresponded to the endpoints of a gradient)
- 2. SetHeatlhbarColor now accepts two rgba sets - r1, g1, b1, a1, r2, g2, b2, a2 - which define the healthbar color+alpha and the backdrop color+alpha, respectively.
- Core: Deprecated "SetStatusbarWidthMatching" flag
- Core: Deprecated "style.frame" - Blizz made some changes, rendering this option obsolete.
- Aura Widget: Added a check for destination name in the Aura Widget (Fixes "AuraWidget.lua:658" error)
- Aura Widget: Fixed Default Prefilter Errors
- Aura Widget: 'TidyPlatesWidgets.SetAuraPrefilter(function) replaces 'TidyPlatesWidgets.SetDebuffPrefilter'
- Aura Widget: 'TidyPlatesWidgets.SetAuraFilter(function)' replaces the previous method of assigning the Filter into each Widget instance via 'wiget.Filter'
- Aura Widget: Filter function now accepts these return values: [show, priority, r, g, b], where 'show' indicates that the aura should be displayed, 'priority' indicates
how important the debuff is to display, and 'r', 'g', and 'b' indicate the vertex color of the border highlight. This can be used to colorize auras for different
schools or types.
- Aura Widget: Square/Small Auras will now terminate/expire properly, and call for a delegate update.
- Hub/Aura Widget: Added "Track Dispellable Debuffs on Friendly Units", which will allow you to track and highlight debuffs on friendly units that need to be dispelled.
"Magic", "Poison", "Curse", or "Disease". Have I tested it? Hahahaha..he.. um, no.
- Hub/Aura Widget: Removed prefix, "No"; Useless in the current evolution of the Hub Filter system.
- Hub/Aura Widget: "CC" prefix will highlight the aura with a Yellow border
- Hub: Added Health/Optional Text Mode: By Arena ID. I have no clue if it works.
- Hub: Aura prefilter should work properly, instead of letting everything through
- Hub: Multi-Mode Functions will cross-check the table index, preventing out-of-range values from throwing errors.
- Hub: Removed/Replaced distinct "By Low Threat", "By High Threat", and similar Modes from Scale, Alpha, Name, and Color Spotlight functions. THESE HAVE BEEN REPLACED by
a single setting under the "Threat" Category, allowing you to control the Threat Mode for all Threat functions.
- Raid Tank/Target Watcher: Fixed Tanks.lua nil 'for' limit
- Raid Tank/Target Watcher: Fixed unitid/raidid issue.
- Raid Tank/Target Watcher: Added combat-log detection of melee attacks against non-tanks. (Untested)
- GroupCache: Fixed an issue where class color was not available for the last friendly raid member to join a team. (Note: The GROUP_ROSTER_UPDATE event is sometimes called
before all the player data is available, leaving holes in the data table)
- Rogue Anticipation stacks are now displayed on the combo point widget
- AuraWidget.lua Added some (currently inactive) code within aurawidget.lua for, "Personal Aura Tracker". Feel free to mess with it. Search for, "Personal Aura Tracker"
- AuraWidget.lua Added some (currently inactive) code for highlighting abilities that can be activated. Again, if you want to mess with it on your own, feel free.
- Made some changes to the Off-Tank Color feature; Enabling it will force detection of Off-Tanks, even if you are not a tank. NOTE: There are still limitations inherent in the WoW-API which limits the ability of this feature to track all on-screen targets and target-ofs.
- TAPPED mobs now are a unit.reaction member. No way to tell between tapped friendlies and tapped enemies (this does occasionally happen). I will make the Reaction colors configurable within the Hub UI in the near future.
- Added "Filtered Unit Scale" to the Hub:Filter category
- Removed test code, which was accidentally causing Mages to get Priest coloring and Icon
- Support for Phanx's "Class Colors" addon, http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info12513-ClassColors.html
- "Tapped" units (colored light purple by the Blizz nameplate system) will now register as "Hostile NPCs" in Tidy Plates. This is partially inaccurate, since the tapped mobs could be neutral (like target dummies), but there is no way to discriminate this from the plate.
- Fixed several tainted global variables
- Added custom Monk and Priest color lookups for class recognition. (RAID_CLASS_COLORS is not completely accurate)
- Changed the way the class colors are stored, hopefully fixing some other class ID problems
- Disable Tanks module by default. Add option button to hub.
- Hopefully Fixed Off-Tank coloring issue.
Tidy Plates 6.8...
- Fixed nil local border bug
(Decided that I needed to advance the sub-version number for 5.1, since there's no backward compatibility at this point)
Tidy Plates 6.7...
- Patch 5.1 Compatibility: The Blizzard nameplate format changed, breaking the addon. This update restores Tidy Plates' functionality.
- TOC updates to 50100
- Corrected another error in the spell cast watcher; "StopCastAnimationOnNameplate" is now properly referenced. This only affects arena matches. I don't do arenas, so this was never properly tested. Let me know if more errors pop up.
- Corrected a typo in the spellcast watcher; "StartCastAnimation" is now properly, "StartCastAnimationOnNameplate".
- Fixed: Monk Tank mode (Stance of the Sturdy Ox stance added to the shapeshift list)
- Corrected various threat values coming into the threat line widget
- Core: extended plate verification process
- Added code to verify healthmax values.
- Sets framelevel to 0. Targetted plates are raised to 1, which still does obscure the chatbox and minimap. This also occurs with the standard Blizz nameplates, and cannot be corrected without raising the strata or level of those other frames.
- Added a rudimentary localization framework. To use: Create an addon named, "TidyPlatesHubXX" where the XX is the last two letters of the localization code. Ex. "TidyPlatesHubDE". Within the code for that addon, create a table called, 'TidyPlatesHubLocalization', and add the translations. For example:
TidyPlatesHubLocalization["Style"] = "Translation of STYLE". See TidyPlatesHub\Lists.lua for an example. Future versions will add a "Dump" mode for outputting all the text that needs translating.
- Changed the background, anchoring, and font sizes in the Hub, for readability.
- Changed the core template, and added a 'default' style, which looks like the Blizzard nameplates. (will be useful in a future version)
- Removed framestrata code from, MinimapCluster, PlayerFrame, and TargetFrame
- Threat Line Widget: WTF!!!!! Shootin' from the hip, again.
- Fixed giant threat bar issue (Corrected group size ranges in GetRelativeThreat() utility function)
- Raised MinimapCluster, PlayerFrame, and TargetFrame to "LOW" framestrata to prevent nameplates from obscuring those UI elements.
- Currently, there is no way to fix the brief 'flash' of the Blizzard nameplate art before it becomes active; It's a bug for the Blizz folks to solve.
- Removed debug code from GroupCache.lua (Chat log spam)
- Aura Widget: Fixed error, where certain auras filtered by spellid were not being displayed.
- Group Cache: Fixed updates for friendly group class colors (hopefully!)
- Group & Unit Cache: Will not try to search the global unit cache for class information while you are in a dungeon (could slow things down, and it isn't needed)
- Core: Reverted to earlier method of discriminating nameplates
- Threat Line Widget: Added some code to prevent it from accidentally becoming REALLY long.
Does anyone still use the Threat Line Widget? Tank Threat is so high, now, that I wonder if this will/has become irrelevant. Let me know; http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/tidy-plates/forum/
- Fixed Range Widget bug
- Uploaded as "Release"
- Upgraded the TOC file version number to 50001
- Added: TidyPlates:EnableFadeIn() and TidyPlates:DisableFadeIn() functions, to control the nameplate fade-in mechanic. Default: Enabled.
- Removed debug console output
- Added "Stance of the Sturdy Ox" to the Tank Aura list. This should fix some "By Threat" oddities.
- Added Monk specs to the HealerTrack widget.
- Added PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD to Tank watcher events (to fix the line 39: nil errors)
- (hopefully) fixed pauses while using the Arena mode with the Spell Cast Warning system
- Right now, it looks like the debuff is applied by the server, not Your Character. This is important because Tidy Plates ignores debuffs without a source. In the beta, this debuff is properly displayed.
- Fixed: Bug where current theme selection would be lost when logging-in.
- Added BUFFS to the aura widget.
- Added texture coordinate function to tidyplates statusbar widget. Usage/Example: healthbar.left = 0, healthbar.right = 1, healthbar.bottom = 0, healthbar.top = 1
- The most visible change in Beta3 is the rearrangement of the Hub panel. The debuff widget has been moved to its own category.
- I've been working on a new way to control the health bar style. I'm not sure when/if this code will become active. I will probably post it as an alpha version after 6.7 is released.
What have I done so far?
- Enhanced both the debuff widget and the spell cast warning module with support for Arena unitid event capture (via the standard event system, rather than the combat log).
- Updated to MoP standards (which will work with 4.3, too)
- Functions which have been renamed for MoP have been replaced by an internal function (provided by Tidy Plates) which is aware of the current client version, and will choose the appropriate function.
- Tidy Plates now uses an internal button template, which replaces the UIPanelButtonTemplate2, which was removed in MoP
- Need to test the Arena-Mode enhancements for the Debuff widget and Cast Warning system
Tidy Plates 6.6...
- Fixed UnitCache Toolip 'nil' error
- Modified Unit Description Caching to work properly with addons that change the color of the tooltip text. (Like elvUI)
- The Hub checks to see if the user has enabled any of the Aggro or 'By Threat' features, and automatically enables Blizz's Threat Warning feature. (which is required)
Instead of displaying a graphical health-bar, we can display critical information using just text, reducing the surface area of the nameplate and revealing more of the game world. The Headline style can be mixed with traditional Health Bar nameplates to improve your awareness and reduce visual clutter.
Compact Debuff Widget
In addition to numerous performance improvements, the current version of the Debuff widget now includes the option to use Square icons!
Detachable Hub Panel
Click the minimize button to unsnap the Hub panel into it's own smaller, draggable configuration window.
Use '/hub' to quickly enter the active Hub Panel.
In the Hub, use the 'Bookmarks' button to jump to a category.
Improved Copy & Paste
This is a simple method of transferring profiles between characters. Clicking the Hub's 'Copy' button will save your settings to a global database. The data persists even if your computer is turned-Off. Clicking the 'Paste' button will replace your current settings with the Copied settings. You can paste between characters on different servers.
Using the 'Shift' key while clicking will use a different clipboard, isolated to the Hub's Role Type, but still acessible between characters. In other words, you've got three slots (Universal, Tank, and Damage) to copy your settings.
Refinement of the caching systems has reduced Memory and CPU usage. Some folks have seen dramatic FPS drops. This update should fix that stuff!
All Changes, since 6.5:
- More memory tricks/optimization for Mr. Debuff Widget.
- Added a few more Headline Modes
- Fixed nil table index in HealerTrack.lua
- Added a Prefilter option for the debuff widget cache
* The hub enables the prefilter, when you're using the 'By Prefix" mode
* Debuffs NOT on your list are not cached
* This should save a ton of memory, if you're using 'By Prefix'
- Made some changes to reduce memory use, and avoid certain 'lag' events...
* Pet/Companion NPC titles are no longer cached
* Cached unit guild and npc titles are now stored within the TidyPlatesWidgetData variable, keeping this data out of the base TidyPlates saved variables
* Hub/Reset button will now clear the cached unit descriptions/titles and guilds
* Unit descriptions (player guild name, or NPC role/title) will not be displayed while in an instance. This is to avoid the CPU overhead that occurs when searching the database.
- Healer track should work again. Expect some new graphics in the future.
- Matched widget duration timer to default blizz interface standard (using 'floor' rather than 'ceil')
- Fixed SpellId variable name in widgets\tank.lua
- Spell Cast Monitor: If cast time is not greater than 0, make it a minimum of 1.5s
- Added NameColorByEnemyClass to function list
- Minimize Hub now scales the frame to 90% for an even more compact frame
- Rearranged Name Color: By Friendly Class and By Enemy Class
- Made some changes to HealerTrack.lua not quite sure if it's working properly. Please test!
- Improved HealerTrack.lua provided by Curseforge user, dakunesu. Improves detection of healers in battlegrounds. Rockin!
- Added a "Minimize" button to the /hub UI panel. Clicking this will detach the Hub panel from the Interface Options window, and make it smaller. Good for configuring stuff while playing.
- The Copy & Paste buttons for the Hub panels now work with a unified Clipboard, so you can Copy & Paste between Tank and DPS panels. Holding down "Shift" while clicking Copy or Paste will use the original Tank/DPS-specific caches.
- New Hub Option: "Bring Casting Units to Spotlight Scale"
- Square Debuff Icons: Added a new Debuff Widget option, "Debuff Style", which allows the user to select between the traditional "Wide" debuff format, or a more squareish "Compact" style. The column count is increased to 5 for the "Compact" style.
- Bookmark System: Added a "Bookmark" system to the Hub panels, which allows a user to jump directly to any of the categories
- On certain themes, the position of your debuffs will be adjusted to allow the combo point widget to comfortably fit (on Rogues and Druids, only). When the combo widget is disabled, the icons will "snug" themselves closer to the plate.
- Using the '/hub' command will bring you to the Hub Configuration panel for your current theme
- Added click sounds to the 'Copy' and 'Paste' buttons
- My OCD: Under the "Style" category, all references to "Text-Only Plates" or "TextPlates" have been changed to "Headline Mode". This change is intended to distinguish the style modifier from other references to "Text". I'm sure some of you will hate this (can you come up with something better?), but I'm hoping that less cranky folks find the new grammar to be more intuitive.
- To support the "Headline Mode" name change, I've added a new category. Can you guess? "Headline".
- I've grouped the "Color" and "Text" categories into "Color & Text", and moved them to the second-category position. Why?? 1: "Color & Text" controls the appearance of the default 'Health Bar' style. 2: Underneath, "Headline" controls the appearance of the 'No Bar' style. Thus: This arrangement puts these options close to where the user selects the modes, in the "Style" category.
- Unit Cache should filter out reputation names. This fixes an issue occuring when "Colorblind" mode is active, causing Reputation to be displayed instead of an NPC's Title.
- "Filter > Filter Inactive": When a unit is marked with a target/raid-icon, it's now assumed to be Active.
* The "By Class" function of Health Bar Color has been changed to, "By Enemy Class".
* Added a Health Bar Color function called, "By Friendly Class".
* Added some code to make built-in themes use the default Blizzard nameplate font when a non-latin language locale is detected
* Updated combo widget artwork: higher resolution, etc.
* Fixed file path to Neon's Target selection artwork
* Fixed text-plate target and highlight art (I messed it up while cleaning duplicates)
* Changed fonts... Neon, Graphite, Grey, and Quatre now use the same font, to keep the package size smaller.
* Added Text Modes: Level & Level and Health
* Changed some panel text, colors, explanations
* Added some Text-Only style functions
* Cleaned theme folders (removed old art and consolidated duplicates)
* Changed some text descriptions to better explain the feature/option
* Hub: Moved the two Text-Plate config options from 'Color' and 'Text', to 'Style'
* Changed 'Frame' category to 'Advanced'
* Added an option under 'Advanced'; "Enable Unit-Data Caching". (Disabling this will stop non-party/pvp class-coloring)
* Added a filter to the Unit-Data cache, to skip characters from other other realms
* Unit-Data caching is bypassed while in an instance (Both PvP and PvE)
* The caching system will peek at /who requests, and store the info on the Unit-Data table (Unless it's disabled)
* Changed Neon's font to Accidental Presidency (Why? Because I like it!)
* When "Show Party Aggro" (under Threat) is enabled, the "By Threat" spotlight systems for Opacity and Scale will now highlight your unfortunate party members.
* The Health and Text colors mode, "By Threat" has been changed to, "By Threat (Auto-Detect)". The previous implementation has been renamed to "By Threat (Legacy)"
* "By Threat (Auto-Detect)" Color Mode: When using a tank stance, aura, or form, you'll see the "Safe" color when you have aggro, and the "Warning" color when you don't. When NOT in a tank mode, you'll see the "Warning" color when you have aggro.
* Changed default Spotlight Opacity to 100%
* Reversion of Default Scale to 100%/120%
* By Class color modes will now apply coloring to both Friendly and Enemy players (Removed option, "Show Class Color for Party/Raid Members")
* By Class color mode will also source non-party/pvp colors from a cache. Mouseovering a unit will add it to the cache.
* By Threat color modes will automatically swap colors to match the tank status
* Changed names of Color options to: Warning, Transition, and Safe
+ Fixed mouseover bug (Added a seed value for OpacityFullMouseover)
(r373 - r395)
+ Introduction of Universal Hub Core, which centralizes the creation of the Hub UI Panels
+ Reset of Hub Settings (necessary, due to the relocation of saved variables)
+ Added "By Health" and "By Low Health" modes to Scale, Colors, and Opacity.
+ Added Low/High Health Threshold sliders, and color selection for Low/Mid/High Health
+ Reorganized the Hub panel (in particular, the Opacity filter section is now under its own heading)
+ Improved theme format error handling
~ Reversed changes to Graphite
~ Reversed Neon font changes (If you liked the 6.4 font, I'll post instructions for modding)
+ Added: Hub, Opacity Filter, "By NPC"
+ Added: Hub, Health Bar Coloring Mode: "By Raid Icon" Colors
+ Added: Hub, Health Bar Coloring Mode: "By Level Color"
+ Added: Hub, Name Color Mode: "By Level Color"
+ Added: Hub, Name Color Mode: "By Boss/Elite"
+ Added: Hub, Opacity, Scale, and Warning Glow Modes: "By Enemy Healer"
Supported by the addition of a Healer Detection system
+ Added: Hub, "By Threat (Auto-Detect") modes to Opacity, Scale, and Warning Glows
Supported by the addition of code to detect the current tanking state based on auras/stances/forms
+ Fixed Party member aggro alert
Please look through the new options. I'll happily answer any question.
- TOC Update
- Fixed: Re-Added unit.spellIsShielded to cast color delegate (Which fixes non-interruptable cast display)
- Added: MaximumDisplayableDebuffs variable under Debuff Widget. This will allow user-configurable debuff quantities.
- Added: Tip text next to Hub Debuff widget config
- Fixed: Friendly Group unit class coloring
- Re-removed: Minimap button. The code is still there, but hidden. If you liked the button, use this command: /run TidyPlatesOptions._EnableMiniButton = true; ReloadUI()
- Fixed: List-to-lookup table conversion for Unit Filter, By Name
- Fixed: Hub/Tank slider ranges (They were not actually broken, just different from the Damage Hub)
- Fixed: Incorrect Paths in TidyPlatesWidgets (causing several widgets to not work)
- Fixed: Hub Tank Panel, SplitToTable error
- More messing around with debuff widget
- Cleaned up some of Neon's artwork
- Changed default Neon font to Headache
- Debuff & Buff display for Friendly units is internally complete, but is disabled until the Hub can be updated
- Debuff widget now provides .unit table from the underlying nameplate, to allow better filtering.
- No clue
- Fix for Debuff Widget empty table/sort error
- Corrected a mistyped line for indexing Aura_Dispell type
- Debuff Priority works for "Show Specific" and "Show My Specific" modes, in addition to "By Prefix"
- Class Icon Widget: Returned to using internal artwork
- All textures are now Non-blocking (the game won't wait for textures to load into memory before it draws the scene), preventing texture changes from affecting frame rate
- The debuff widget (should now be called Aura Widget) will track buffs for friendly players
- Debuff widget now uses single dimension tables to store cached data, to improve memory management
- Moved Widgets to their own addon/folder (For memory usage tracking)
- Statusbar gradients are now supported via additional return values in theme.SetHealthbarColor()...
* return r1, g1, b1, [r2, g2, b2]
- The Debuff widget now supports 'priority' through the existing .filter function... example:
* return showThisAura, auraPriority
- The Hub Panels will check the order of the debuffs in its list to determine priority.
- Class Widget no longer uses internal class artwork; Instead, the class icon is pulled from the Blizz UI library.
- If theme.SetCastbarColor returns nil, the cast animation will be skipped
* This can be used to filter spell casting data
* SetCastbarColor is passed the 'unit info' table, which contains: unit.isCasting unit.spellName unit.spellID unit.spellInterruptible
* Disabled: Minimap/LDB Icon (Will come back later when it's ready)
* Fixed: UnitCache Error
* Fixed: Graphite Loading Error
* Added: Spell Cast Monitor will not look for casts from current target
* Added: Hub Option, Scale: Ignore Inactive/Undamaged Mobs
* Added: Hub Option, Alpha: Filter Inactive/Undamaged Mobs
* Added: Minimap/LDB Icon
* Fixed: Debuff Widget Nil Raid Icon Lookup Index
- Self-Test for DebuffWidget.lua added, in order to inform users of possible issues. (I hope to address auto-updater bug)
- Cleaned up some code to reduce "double calls" to delegate and update functions
- More Debuff Widget fixes
- Improved Debuff Widget memory usage
- Debuff widget should gracefully handle certain aura events. (GetSpellInfo errors)
- Tidy Plates Hub: Debuff Widget: Spell IDs can now be used instead of spell names in the filter system.
- Fixed: Crazy debuffs during Firelands dailies.
- Aurainstance table (for debuff widget) and functions have been converted to a smarter format
- When auras are updated on your current target, the caching function will clear the cache before it repopulates the list.
- Increased the scope of name/elite status updates. Hopefully this will accommodate the Firelands Smoldering/Blazing Elemental Bug.
- TOC files updated for Wow 4.2
- Fixed debuff update stalling
- Added nil value error protection to debuff prefix sorter
* Updated functions for 4.2
* Increased width of sliders in Hub
* Opacity functions now use a transfer function to correct the opacity (currently, .5 does not translate to 50% opaque; it's more like 65%)
* Channeled spells now move the cast bar in reverse.
* Friendly/Enemy "V-key" Automation; In Combat, Out of Combat, Always
* Debuff widget now Caches texture of debuffs (to fix sunfire phenomenon, and similar)
- Neon and Grey were not meant to show guild names (yet), so that's been removed. (It will come back, but only when I have a UI option)
- added "marked" condition to the "By Active" style mode
- "No Overlap" removed from Panel. Please see "Interface > Names> Nameplate Motion" from now on.
- Changed text in a few spots
- SetCustomText can now accept RGBA colors (but it's not required)... return string, r, g, b, a
- Text Plate for Quatre will show the supplemental text with 70% opacity
- Fixed Damage Hub Vertical position sensitivity
- Removed force-enable of aggro detection. First-runs and resets will re-enable aggro detect if it was turned off
* The Hub gets a new category: Style
- This new category has two menus for Friendly and Enemy nameplates
- Users can select between two styles (Health Bars vs Text Only), and several different visibility conditions.
- If you use the Text Only bars, you might want to check out the Name Text Color options, to spice up that text!
* Spell Cast Monitor name search will now strip the "-" from the combat log name, which should fix PvP cast association issues.
* Debuff Widget will now strip the "-" from combat log events, which should fix pvp association issues
* fixed a 'nil' error during pet/tank association
* "Avoid Overlap" has been updated for the new CVar types
* Fixed a bug where the debuff widget was not getting the correct data from the combat log
- TOC interface number update
Remember, if you're having a problem, make sure "Display LUA Errors" is turned on. You can find that option under, "Interface > Help". Knowing what line the error occurred (and what happened before it) is crucial to fixing the problem.
- tweaked name color function
- Debug widget should clear its cache more often
- Fixed Hub/Tank NameTextColor errors
- Updated description of "Vertical Position of Frame" to "Vertical Position of Artwork"
NEW! Keyword filtering for the Debuff Widget
- See Demo on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KjGFd0TgvM
- By Prefix.. Mode for Debuff Widget
- ALL, MY, NO, OTHER, CC
- Using CC will eventually highlight the debuff on the widget, but for now it just acts as "ALL"
- Fixed UnitChannelInfo interruptable spell argument bug
- Found a bug; The Editboxes contained in my ScrollFrames seem to invisibly extend past the bottom of the scrollframe, which can block underlying UI controls. I've dropped the editboxes to a lower frame level, which is a hack method of preventing problems with it interferring with controls anchored to the bottom of the scrollframe. Will attempt to figure out a better solution.
- Name text coloring modes
- By Raid Icon modes for Opacity and Scale
- Oops, fixed Quatre castbar position
r229 (6.1.8 )
- PTR bug fixes (Neon Threat Glow was turning green)
- Debuff widget will clear aurainstance tables when combat ends (regen returns)
- Added Health Text option: Approximate Health (will show 2 decimal places for thousands (k) and millions (M), with suffix)
- Added Text option, "Use Default Blizzard Font"; This will use the font defined by the global variable, 'NAMEPLATE_FONT'. This should improve the situation for non-latin charcter sets (this is for you, Chinese, Russians, Taiwanese, and Koreans.. xoxo)
- Changed from thousand/million suffix for health text to using a thousands seperator
- Restored PTR support (last time I checked)
- Moved Quatre Raid Icon to similar position as Neon (to left side of health bar)
- The update function for debuff icons are now exposed via, widget.Poll
- Added Events for UNIT_SPELLCAST_NOT_INTERRUPTIBLE, UNIT_SPELLCAST_INTERRUPTIBLE
- Added Threat Wheel to Hub/function set
- Reverted to original health % mode; ie. does not show % when full health. if you like it the other way, edit TidyPlatesHub\functions.lua like it this way, and dammit, it's my software ;-)
- WoW 4.1 Compatibility (should work on 4.0.x and 4.1, concurrently. I have not tested on the PTR, though)
r199 - Raid Tank Coloring in Tank mode. Automatically used when in "By Threat" Modes.
- Theme list is now Alphabetized
- Better handling when previous theme selection does not exist
- Debuffs of the same spell-id are now handled more securely
- Reset button in main panel will now reset variables on 'click', turn enemy plates ON and friendlies, OFF
- 'shift-clicking' will clear and restore the variables, and reload the ui
- Reset buttons in hub panels also now have a 'click' behavior to reset the variables without reloading the UI
- 'shift-clicking' will still clear the tables and reload the ui
- First-run config, turns off friendly nameplates by default
- Added a link to the Blizzard "Names" panel via the Tidy Plates theme chooser panel
r186 - Default Hub Values changed to more closely resemble 6.0.8 defaults (Blue, Orange Scheme, Threat Warning Glow/Triangles turned On)
- A variable reset may be required to revert to the defaults
- First-run config, "friendly unit bug" fix
- added some reset buttons to Hub panels
- removal of TidyPlates_Graphite and TidyPlatesIcon (they will either become their own package, or be included again at a later date)
- Fixes for Bugs in Hub functions
- New hub features
- Fixes for Bugs in Debuff widget
- Debuff Widget Modifications, mainly
- New Debuff Widget tech.
-- it will now display all debuffs, not just ones from the player.
-- Filter function is passed debuff and plate unit: Filter(debuff, unit)
- debuff.name, debuff.spellid debuff.stacks debuff.duration debuff.caster (caster guid)
-- it will attempt to search for marked and pvp named plates (unteseted), and reassociate the debuffs upon reshowing.
-- limitation: we cannot detect the duration of a debuff unless it is moused-over or on a target
- Other stuff... I can't think of it right now
- removed IsRaidTanked functionality from the health bar coloring. used this coloring during Wrath, but it never really worked well, and it was mostly just confusing.
- added some new debuff filtering options in the Hub
- Bug fixes
- a few new hub functions
- Tidy Plates Icon addon, which adds a mini icon to your UI, allowing rapid theme changes
6.0.8 is a fix for the CrowdControl widget bug that keeps popping up.
- The LoadTheme function is now accessible to external software, via: TidyPlates.LoadTheme("name").
- Removed the '.InterfacePanel' interface panel pointer variable. Replaced with .ShowConfigPanel, which is a function that is called when the wrench icon is clicked
- Threat Line (Tug) widget scales to frame width (default of 100)
- Added Name text color delegate, SetNameColor
- Sets a unique frame level for each plate (up to 125)
- Raises frame level of current target to a high frame level (126), and return it to previous when done.
- bug fixes
- layering tweaks
- changed default hitbox size to match original
- Grey and Neon tweaks
- fixed: Neon/Tank Health Text
- fixed: Neon/Tank Threat Wheel
- fixed: Mouseover errors during nameplate init
- fixed: highlight region used to occasionally turn on when the nameplates would show.
- fixed: Selection box couldn't be turned off in Neon
- fixed: depth/layering (ok, i went back to using active alpha override, rather than virtual parenting)
- Fixed Neon Tank variables
- More bug fixes (Threat line widget "pet")
- Bug Fixes
- add icons for the "configure theme" functions
- making any changes in the interface panel will now apply the changes in real-time (no more 'apply' button)
- Removed and restructured some of the OnUpdate code (to prevent some nil errors)
- Added interface panel option for the cast watcher, directly in the /tidyplates panel (so any theme can use it)
- Click on theme name in theme chooser window to bring up linked panel (supplied to, theme.InterfacePanel = panelframe)
- Anchoring and event handling fixes
- The theme loader will now call 'theme.OnActivateTheme' (a theme function) when the active theme is changed. it passes two value to the function: the active theme table, and the active theme name.
- The theme loader will call the theme.OnActiv
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|6.12.0 (General Release)||Release||5.3.0||90,658||09/07/2013|
|6.10.Beta5 (For WoW 5.3)||Beta||5.2.0||4,806||05/15/2013|
|6.10.Beta4 (For WoW 5.3)||Beta||5.2.0||2,793||05/13/2013|
|6.10.Beta3 (For WoW 5.3)||Beta||5.2.0||3,049||05/12/2013|
|6.10.Beta2 (For WoW 5.3)||Beta||5.2.0||2,354||05/11/2013|