The quiz addon we love is back!
TriviaBot allows the user to host quiz games for other players.
Spamming it in /say in crowded places or /general is not a good idea,
but Blizzard's spam prevention makes it alot harder to abuse it that way currently.
It's a nice and safe pass-time among consenting adults. :-)
Used best in the custom channel, a party with friends or to liven up that "dead" guild chat.
- /triviabot or /trivia to bring up it's control panel.
- then you can use the dropdowns to select among different Question Lists and Categories.
- set the output and customize the announce intervals, reporting options etc.
- /trivia help will list other commands.
- !tb help whispered to a game host will list other whisper commands.
With version 2.8.0 and later
TriviaBot no longer contains pre-packaged Quizzes with the main download!
- Quizzes are instead coming in the form of separate Load on Demand addons called Quiz plugins.
- This allows the game to load much faster since Question Lists are not loaded until the Quiz host selects them from the TriviaBot control panel.
- Gives you the option to install only quiz themes and languages that interest you.
- Allows the community to create and share quizzes without having to wait for the main addon to be repackaged.
- TriviaBot_QuizDragonSoul1 Authors: Marchello@Aszune / zopa34
- TriviaBot Boss Strategies Authors: Urkel and Shamanshis - EU-Darksorrow.
- TriviaBot_CataTrivia500 Authors: Etuliela and Indomie, US-Barthilas.
- TriviaBot_CataTrivia501-1000 Authors: Etuliela and Indomie, US-Barthilas.
- TriviaBot_QuestionsWoW1 (previously prepackaged as \Questions\TriviaQuestions1.lua)
- TriviaBot_QuestionsWoW2 (previously prepackaged as \Questions\TriviaQuestions7.lua)
- TriviaBot_QuizAnythingHessinger 4897 Generic - non WoW questions (previously \Questions\TriviaQuestions2.lua)
- [TriviaBot] WoWQuiz500 Authors: Gholeras & Menesus - Kult der Verdammten EU.
- TriviaBot_RU SpeedGame Authors: Aleksei Sa[i]reS Nedopeka
- TriviaBot_RU QuestionWoW1 Authors: Варивода Regaska Андрей, Киряков Reidor Александр, Лихачёва Romixxa Анастасия
- TriviaBot Warcraft - RU Questions Authors: Fatali, EU-Gordunni (RU)
- TriviaBot_QuestionsFR Authors: Fangska - Archimonde (EU)
You need at least one quiz plugin installed for TriviaBot to be able to host a game.
More will be added as users or the TriviaBot Team creates new quiz plug-ins.
Making your own load on demand Quiz
- A sample addon and basic instructions (README_EN.txt) on how to create your own quiz
can be found in TriviaBot\Questions\ sub-folder coming with TriviaBot v2.8.0 and later.
- TriviaBot_QuestionMaker is still available for helping with the question file.
More details on the QuestionMaker page on how to submit your questions for inclusion to a Quiz Plug-in.
If you create and upload a new Quiz be sure to make a comment or file a ticket
or drop us a PM so the link can be included to the Quiz Addons list on this page.
Version 2.8.4 ruRU 100% done! Thanks Sa1reS
Version 220.127.116.11 deDE 100% done! Thanks Nihlo
Version 18.104.22.168 frFR: 97.1% done! Thanks FelheartCdO
From version 2.7.0 and later there's no longer a need for fans to scour the source files for strings to modify.
If you want to help translate the interface or output to your language
- Visit the Localization page.
- Find your language in the list and click the number of untranslated phrases (eg. ruRU)
- Submit your translated terms and they will be included with the addon in a future minor update.
Due to the complete rework of question format for 2.5.x you can't use old questions from 2.4.x and earlier.
Version 2.8.6 28/11/2012
- Fix for 5.1.0 chat channel changes
- .toc update compatible with WoW 5.1 "Landfall"
Version 2.8.5b 9/09/2012
- Fix "Report Personal" option when player gender can't be determined.
Version 2.8.5a 6/09/2012
- Fix graphical bug with dropdowns
Version 2.8.5 29/08/2012
- WoW 5.0.4 and MoP beta compatibility fixes
- toc update, compatible with Mists of Pandaria
Version 2.8.4 29/11/2011
- Hints are now sent automatically if the relevant option is selected.
(they can still be sent on demand by typing !hint or whispering !hint at the player hosting the quiz)
- Various cosmetic changes: sleeker control panel, ability to minimize, some tooltip hints.
- ruRU localization (thanks Sa1reS and sorry I didn't include all your changes)
- toc update, compatible with Hour of Twilight (4.3)
Version 2.8.3 21/07/2011
- Feature: Now accepts correct answers in the form of links (spells, items, talents, quest titles etc where applicable)
- some locale updates.
- toc update, compatible with WoW 4.2
Version 2.8.2 29/04/2011
- toc update, compatible with WoW 4.1
Version 2.8.2 03/12/2010
- Bugfix: Initialization error when category selected in previous session doesn't exist in the current set of quizzes loaded.
Could happen if the user had old saved variables
or tested and later uninstalled a quiz with more categories than the ones currently installed.
Version 2.8.1 02/12/2010
- Better party and raid detection.
- Attempt to prevent a rare initialization error. (user reported, haven't been able to reproduce)
- Move the last few hardcoded defaults to their own section at the top of the file for easier modification.
- Some code formatting/cleanup.
- Author: Dridzt
Version 22.214.171.124 02/12/2010
- Minor version update for Localizations.
- German (deDE) 100% done.
Big thanks to Nihlo
You do not need this update if you have 2.8.0 and only playing in English.
Version 126.96.36.199 21/10/2010
- Minor version update for Localizations.
- Française (frFR) 97.1% done!
Big thanks to FelheartCdO
- stub Locales included for other languages.
You do not need this update if you're playing on English Client.
There have been no functionality changes.
Version 2.8.0 19/10/2010
- TriviaBot no longer comes with pre-packaged Quizzes
These are instead provided as separate load on demand addons.
- Look at main addon page for links to Quizzes or do an addon search for TriviaBot
Users have the option to pick the quiz themes and languages they prefer.
- \TriviaBot\Questions\ now contains a sample Quiz addon and basic instructions (README_EN.txt)
on how to create your own quiz plugin for aspiring Quiz authors.
TriviaBot_QuestionMaker can still be used to help in the process.
- Author: Dridzt
Version 2.7.0 16/10/2010
- bugfix: dropdown refreshing.
- feature: support proper Localization Visit to help translate to your language.
- feature: support for the optional addon TriviaBot_QuestionMaker for quiz authors.
- Author: Dridzt
Version 2.6.1 14/10/2010
- WoW 4.0.x API compatibility updates
- bugfix: channel initialization over a "cold login".
- bugfix: taking over '1' for custom channel.
- bugfix: reverting to the custom channel despite the last channel is valid.
- bugfix: questions answering themselves for the game host when the question text contains the answer.
- feature: more intelligent in accepting valid answers.
- feature: support for party leader.
- feature: make it a little harder for malicious addons to break it.
- Author: Dridzt
Version 2.6 10/25/2009
- WoW 3.2.0 compatibility update
- bugfix (numeric replies - floating numbers x.y)
- new question set.
- Author: dridzt
Version 2.5.4 01/23/2009
- Fixed listing of answers if set to higher than 1
- Added delay to channel loading to further prevent custom channel to be listed as #1 (hope this works)
- Added Officer chat to chat types
Version 2.5.3 01/06/2009
- Fixed channel problem under loading
Version 2.5.2 12/30/2008
- Fixed continuation of quiz when frame was hidden
- Fixed memory spikes when changing category
- Changed question handling with indexing
- Added Strand of the Ancients to BG channels
- Added question file submitted by Hessinger (around 4900 questions)
Version 2.5.1 10/16/2008
- Fixed loading of question files
- Rewrote the whisper menu control for added flexibility
- Added option to filter out TriviaBot whispers
- Added option to use a short channel tag for channel output
- Added option for amount of answers shown if timeout is reached
- Updated for patch 3.0.2
Version 2.5.0 08/20/2008
- Rewrote a lot of the functions from 2.4.4 to add the new features
- Fixed TriviaBot response so it only listens to the current channel
- Reordered GUI for additional settings
- Introducing categorization of questions
- It's possible to add hints to questions
- Each question grants a certain amount of points related to their difficulty
- Added new game record: win-streak
- All players' personal records are stored
- Channel handling has been optimized and improved
- Various other changes
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|TriviaBot 2.6 for WoW 3.3||Release||3.3.0||2,240||01/26/2010|
|Triviabot 2.6 Dridzt edition||Release||3.2.0||591||10/25/2009|
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, and Boss Encounters
- 1,011,007 Monthly Downloads
- Bags & Inventory
- 484,403 Monthly Downloads
- Mail, Tooltip, Bags & Inventory, Professions, and Auction & Economy
- 336,889 Monthly Downloads
- 322,013 Monthly Downloads
- HealBot Continued
- Healer and Unit Frames
- 295,551 Monthly Downloads