NOTE: This addon does not modify the appearance or theme of your tooltip. Images taken were from a computer with a tooltip theme addon installed.
What is True Item Level?
True item level is a World of Warcraft addon that allows the user to record the average item level of other players.
Why do I want True Item Level?
Although Blizzard has finally added the ability to see what your "equipped" item level average is on your stats page, it does not take into consideration BOA gear (which by system standards retain an item level of 1 regardless). Blizzard also does not provide an in-game method of receiving other player's item level averages.
True Item Level not only properly calculates item level averages; It also shows important gear information. How many pieces of PvP gear does the player have equipped? How many pieces are missing from their equipment? How many heirloom pieces are they wearing? True Item Level will let you know.
In the latest versions, True Item Level will also show you the talent spec of the players you scan. This was added to accommodate players who opted to remove other inspection addons such as TipTacTalents for better performance.
/tilhelp will show you all available slash commands in your chat window in game
/til <name> : Will show any cached TIL data for <name> (much like a /who command).
/tilw : Will toggle the TIL user interface on and off
/tilcfg <option> : Will toggle user preferences
- /tilcfg til : will toggle the visibility of the til on the unit tooltip
- /tilcfg spec : will toggle visibility of the spec on the unit tooltip
- /tilcfg glance : will toggle the visibility of the blue and orange 'at a glance' item levels located on the character panel
- /tilcfg icon : will toggle the visibility of the inspection indicator icon on the unit tooltip
- /tilcfg debug : will toggle developer debugging mode
How does it work?
Just hover your mouse over any unit to start the magic.
True Item Level creates an average number, or TiL (true item level), from the item levels of everything you or your mouse over have equipped. As of the latest version, heirloom gear is also taken into consideration with the magical powers of mathematics.
You may enjoy some of the newer features such as the built-in group scanner that lets you get the details of your group/raid, and the newest feature: "at a glance", which lets you quickly and easily see which items on your character panel are below your average.
It's that simple.
Tips & Tricks
It is a good idea to rid yourselves of addons that rely too heavily on inspection requests. Too many addons that inspect players will cause a bottleneck that may prevent any of the addons from getting their data.
Mousing over a player's unit frame is a more reliable way to scan their TiL than mousing over their character, as other players can get in the way of your mouse cursor otherwise.
Bugs & Support Tickets
Post bugs & suggestions to my ticket tracker for review
- Oct 23, 2012
- Group scanner code base update. Battlegrounds have been tested to work, still need to test raids. If you are feeling swirly, try to do a group scan in a raid setting and let me know how it turns out!
- Oct 21, 2012
- Fixed error where some class specs were not being detected properly
- Warriors with Titan's Grip will now be properly detected on non enUS clients
- Added two buttons to the cache window: Refresh List and Delete Cache
- Group scanning codebase work has begun for MoP. Currently tested to work with dungeon groups. Have not tested in raids or battlegrounds yet.
- Oct 20, 2012
- Fixed error when mousing over warriors related to out of date titan's grip code (thanks kuros33 for submitting the new methods)
- Fixed login errors from outdated button templates
- The PVP classifier will now look for MoP pvp stats on gear (PvP Res. and PvP Power)
- Several other modifications and tweaks
- NOTE: Group scanning is once again visible but is largely untested. Expect it to be polished sometime this week if possible.
- CP Sep 20, 2012
- Community patch by nfrog. Fixes the bug "Interface\AddOns\TrueItemLevel\til_interface.lua:223: attempt to call global 'copyTable' (a nil value)"
- CP Sep 18, 2012
- This begins the first inclusion of community patches (files tagged with "CP")
- Special thanks to Wowelfie & kuros33 for providing patches
- Note: These first community patches will get the addon to work, but there may still be a few bugs to go through. Hopefully I will get the chance to visit this again in the near future, but in the meantime please head over to the addon page on curse and give a shout out to your fellow community members!
- May 25, 2012
- Introduced a new feature nicknamed "At a glance". Items on your character panel will have their calculated til values shown over top of them in light blue. Any items that are below your item level average (the ones that would be best to upgrade) will have their item level text colored orange. Please stop by the curse.com page and let me know how you like the new feature!
- Added the '/tilhelp' slash command that will list all slash commands available to you in game
- Added the /tilcfg glance' slash command to toggle the new "at a glance" feature
- May 19, 2012
- Fixed a bug with the beta group/raid scanner that prevented scanning players from another server where the server name had a dash or space in it.
- The beta group scanner should now automatically time-out and continue on if data is not found instead of hanging during a group scan.
- May 17, 2012
- Fixed a bug where player data was missing until the stats page was manually opened (will stop the "My Characters" tab from displaying 16 MIA for those cases).
- Fixed a bug where a ghost of the til group publish button would remain on the screen after closing the til frame, blocking mouse input in a small section of the screen.
- Fixed a bug where the function "cacheIt()" could cause a nil error.
- Cached data no longer waits for scanning processes to complete before being available.
- Your own characters no longer appear in the "My Cache" tab, and are found solely in the "My Characters" tab.
- Beta group and raid scanning now supports cross-realm group/raid members.
- March 12, 2012
- The cache browser now has a new sortable column: Age
- Fixed a bug with the cache browser that could cause errors when trying to sort by spec
- Added the highly requested group/raid scanning module (in beta, but the code has worked for me so far!)
- Numerous performance tweaks
- Changed the font color of some tabs to be more ideal
- Remember that although the interface for TIL is fully functional, the code has not yet been fully optimized :)
- March 05, 2012
- TIL now has an interface for viewing your saved cache and til info for your characters. See Curse page for new slash commands!
- TIL now checks to see if an inspection request was sent to the server by ANY addon when considering it's inspection frequency (should fix crashes if you use a LOT of inspection addons)
- A lot of code cleaning and organization has been done
- Feb 29, 2012
- Recoded for modular usage to allow for plugin development (such as group scanning - coming soon)
- Added slash commands to customize your experience: See curse page for list of new commands
- Added slash commands to get saved TIL data for any player (sort of like /who but for TIL data): See curse page for list of new commands
- Increased the scanning frequency
- removed the requirement to have a unit targeted before inspections could be sent
- will now save a cache of up to 1,000 scans in between sessions, and keep the entries until they are 7 days old (your alts will always be saved)
- Feb 22, 2012
- Dramatically increased scanning speed
- Tooltip indicator icon will now change when the addon believes that it is traversing throttled data
- Corrected an issue where in certain circumstances (and data throttling) the addon would incorrectly mark gear as MIA
- Fixed a bug where BOA gear was being averaged incorrectly
- Addon now uses an alternate method to detect missing weapons and pvp gear that is (hopefully) more friendly to users with non-enUS clients.
- Feb 21, 2012
- Players must now also be targeted in order for a til scan to be executed (increases reliability and allows for faster inspection speed)
- Through the magical powers of mathematics, BOA gear item levels are calculated and averaged rather than ignored
- Inspection speed increased
- Player talent spec will no longer wait for the til to be calculated before being displayed
- Player stats page entry has made a return, and shows your TiL up to 2 decimal places.
- Feb 07, 2012
- Completely rewrote the addon to be less intrusive and even more light weight
- Rewrote algorithm to correct item level average discrepancies
- Updated algorithm to include a count of missing items (taking talents like titan's grip into consideration)
- Added player spec to the tooltip
- Added a visual indicator on the tooltip that shows you when it is attempting to inspect data
- Fixed language localization errors upon player login and unit inspect
- You can now scan TiL in combat.
- Localization framework implemented, please post a ticket or comment with any corrections.
- Improved tooltip layout for easier readability.
- Fixed a bug where under certain circumstances TiL would interfere with manually inspecting someone.
- Initial release
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, and Boss Encounters
- 1,389,069 Monthly Downloads
- 975,387 Monthly Downloads
- Bags & Inventory, Mail, Quests & Leveling, Professions, and Guild
- 431,069 Monthly Downloads
- Plugins, Achievements, and Map & Minimap
- 333,188 Monthly Downloads
- 332,210 Monthly Downloads