The AddOn that makes achievement links fake themselves!
Description is accurate for version: 4.
- The CustomAchievements library has been removed from UnderAchiever until it is fixed. The only part of UA which this will effect is the bonus Feats of Strength lists.
UnderAchiever is an AddOn that fakes achievement links (to make it look like you have completed them). By default, it will fake any achievement you link as soon as it enters your message, although this can be turned off (along with many other options).
There is also an achievement replacement system. This allows users to choose text (in the format "%text") that they want to be replaced for an achievement link whilst typing. When these links are created, they follow the same options as auto-faking links.
- Close WoW
- Download the lastest version of UnderAchiever and install it
- Log on your character and type "/ua" to show the UnderAchiever configuration
Here is a list of the available options and what they do:
- Auto-faking - Whether or not UnderAchiever should fake achievements as soon as you link them
- Use advanced saves in auto-faking - If this is enabled, any advanced links you create and save on the "Advanced Linking" page will be used during auto-faking
- Use the real date/link if I have completed the achievement - If you have completed an achievement which UnderAchiever is about to auto-fake, having this option enabled will mean it uses your real completion date
- Don't auto-fake whilst the Advanced Linking page is open - This option will temporarily stop the auto-faking if you have the "Advanced Linking" page open. This should only be needed if you plan to use the "Get from link" buttons on that page.
- Whilst auto-faking is enabled, change links to my real achievement data (instead of faking) - If you do not want achievements to be faked but you would still like to be able to link your own achievement by just linking someone else's from chat, then enable this option.
- Pick random dates between the following times - When auto-faking creates a random date (or when you click the Randomise Date button on the "Advanced Linking" page), UnderAchiever will pick the date randomly between the two times you set here (for example: 7 days ago and 0 days ago would pick dates between now and a week ago).
After changing any options, you must click the "Save Changes" button for them to take effect.
The Advanced Linking page is designed to allow you to fake achievements in many different ways. You can change any aspect of an achievement link (including whether each criteria is completed or not). You can also fake achievements with other peoples' names on, using the player dropdown menu.
Replacements are there to make linking achievements easier. It allows you to link a specific achievement without needing to open your achievement list and find it. You can set some text like "%epic" as the text you wish to type for the achievement (this text cannot contain spaces or %), and then you input the achievement ID (for example, [Epic] is 556). Once you've then added the replacement, every time you type that text, it will be replaced for your achievement you defined.
UnderAchiever comes with replacements for the most common achievements (in WotLK) already built in.
The Exceptions page is there to make auto-faking more flexible.
If there are some achievements you never want auto-faking to change, then you can add them to the bottom list called "Whilst auto-faking is enabled, do not fake these achievements"
If you only want auto-faking to fake certain achievements, you can add them to the top list which is called "Whilst auto-faking is disabled, keep faking these achievements", and then disable the auto-faking option.
There are several buttons on the About page for resetting UnderAchiever to its default settings.
- "/ua" - open/close the UnderAchiever config
- "/ua on" - Turn auto-faking on
- "/ua off" - Turn auto-faking off
Can I get banned for using UnderAchiever?
No. Blizzard's policy for AddOns is: if it can be created then it is legal (unless it allows cross-faction communication).
If I complete an achievement which I faked to get into a raid, will the raid see me complete it?
Yes. There is no way for an AddOn to stop the completed message being sent to your raid. In most raids, people will be too busy being excited or organising loot after a boss is killed to even realise you didn't have the achievement. If they do realise, then that's the time you need to think of something clever to say!
How does UnderAchiever fake links?
An achievement link is just some text which is read differently by your WoW client. When you send an achievement link in a message, WoW puts your data for that achievement in the special link text. UnderAchiever just changes that text when it is added to your message!
Will my faked achievement have the same date on it if I fake it again?
Until you log off, UnderAchiever will keep using the first date which was faked for each achievement.
Why should people be allowed to fake achievement links?
PuG leaders have got into the habit of basing their decisions on just a link. Any player could get carried/boosted through a raid or dungeon and end up with a completed achievement they can link, but it doesn't mean they know the tactics or how to play their class well. If you also look at the opposite scenario, a player who doesn't have the achievement may be able to get into the top 3 DPS in a PuG, but just because they don't have the achievement they can't get into the raid (meaning they can never get the achievement!)
- Updated for 4.0.1
- Added InterfaceOptionsFrame launcher
- Fixed ChatFrameEditBox error which I'd forgotten about in other parts of UA
- Added a "None" option to advanced linking, so it can create links which are sendable across Battle.net
- Added default replacements for: %icc10hc, %icc25hc, %rs10, %rs25, %rs10hc, %rs25hc, %ewf10, %ewf25
- Made temporary fix for edit box error (requires reloadui if extra chat frames added)
- Removed the CA library until a fix is found
- Added %icc10 and %icc25 to the default replacements
- Updated %voa10 and %voa25 in the default replacements
- Toc update for 3.3
- Fixed the replacement feature so it now works for traditional chinese users (and other IME users)
- Fixed an where UA tries to manipulate a link which is nil in auto-faking
- Updated the CustomAchievements library to the new 3.3 version
- Added a graphical interface (Options / Advanced Linking / Replacements / Exceptions / About)
- Removed the "%ua" replacement (may reintroduce this in a later version)
- Made replacements work in macros
- Added many options for auto-faking (including Exceptions)
- Added sub-categories within the Feats of Strength category (in the achievement list) using the CustomAchievements library
- Added %togc10/25 to the default replacements list
- Added "%epic" and other replacements for quick achievement linking.
- Made it link the correct date if you have completed the achievement.
- Added options for setting the minimum / maximum boundaries on random dates.
- Set the default time span for random date to between 7days and 14days ago.
- Added an option for changing whether the auto-faking is enabled by default on login.
- Updated .toc
- Made "%ua" work in all chat types instead of just whispers.
- Made the chat link function hook more accurate, so hopefully shouldn't interfere with links that aren't achievements.
- Added auto achievement faking.
- Routine update for patch 3.1
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
- 1,632,981 Monthly Downloads
- Deadly Boss Mods
- Combat, PvP, and Boss Encounters
- 1,516,403 Monthly Downloads
- Plugins, Achievements, and Map & Minimap
- 783,767 Monthly Downloads
- 557,224 Monthly Downloads
- Titan Panel
- Plugins and Titan Panel
- 452,463 Monthly Downloads