Dynamic Hero Selection Library.
Current version: 3.0.1 Final - only bug-fix releases coming up
A very easy to use library with plenty of options. Simply add it to your map, whip in a few heroes and BAM you got yourself a beautiful, full featured hero selection.
- Completely modular - add any amount of units to the selection
- Extremely easy to use - simply call the action
- Based on a single point in the map
- Shows icons for all units
- Identifies randoming players
- Repick option
- Custom UI
- Settings - most notably:
- Three different hero selection styles
- Skin Color Scheme
- Exclusive Heroes - Allows every unit to be picked only once
- Spawn Immediately - Allows players to start the game before hero picking is finished
- Secret Heroes - Only obtainable through randoming
- Unavailable Heroes - Shown in circle but cannot be obtained
- And many small things...
How to use
NOTE: Action Hint Texts do not show due to a bug - go into Library View (View -> Show Library), open libCircleHeroSelection, open the Actions folder and you can read the hint text in the comment of the action.
- Download the latest file and import it in the Trigger Editor. View -> Library -> Import Library. You can now see the available actions in your triggers under the label 'Circle Hero Selection'.
- Read the manual found in the download section
- Make sure you use 'Set Circle Hero Selection At Point'
- Then add any amount of heroes with 'Add Unit To Circle Hero Selection Pool'
- Now run the action 'Create Circle Hero Selection' Done! Don't forget to check out the additional options.
- Icon image no longer tiled
- Exclusive random no longer says you repicked
- Revealer time fixed in game speeds other than normal
- No more unit models in portrait mode
- Optimized code & bug fixes
- Added check to see if there are enough exclusive heroes for all players
- Repick option added
- Center Info dialog added
- Removed player 0 requirement - now uses the first player in active players for sample heroes
- Removed fidget from all sample heroes
- Offset distance is now calculated based on the amount of heroes
- Added 2 style types - Flash Screen & Portrait
- Portrait requires no room in the map at all, purely dialog based
- Added option to force small circle - useful for large amount of heroes because circle will keep expanding however this option will make it crowded
- Currently selected hero icon highlighted
- Single player detection - force Spawned Immediately on
Free to use and edit! Please give credit.
Bugs / Assistance
Please submit all bugs, as detailed as possible. Attached map greatly preferred. If you need help, ask away. IRC works faster.
At this point, feature development has come to a halt so I can start working on other projects. However, extremely good suggestions will still get implemented.
An SC2 Library cannot be localized at the moment. It will work with enGB / enUS clients. However Hint Text on Actions are missing due to a bug on Blizzards part. You can find these hint texts if you go into the Library View (View -> Show Library), open the Hero Selection Library folder and go into the Actions folder. Click on the function and you will see the hint text in a comment.
Latest version can always be found in the files section of the project page. Be sure to read the manual.
- icon image set to non-tiled
- fixed bug: says repicked in exclusive mode when you randomed
- fixed bug: revealer ends due to game/realtime speed - speed converted
- removed unused variable
- no more unit models if portrait mode
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|Hero Selection Library v3.0.1 Final||Release||1,819||08/18/2010|
|Hero Selection Library Manual||Release||1,174||08/18/2010|
|Hero Selection Library v3.0 Final||Release||154||08/18/2010|
- Starcraft: Mass Recall
- Campaign, Scenario, and StarCraft 1
- 5,660 Monthly Downloads
- SC1 Episode 1 - Rebel Yell
- Scenario, Legacy, StarCraft 1, and Campaign
- 4,984 Monthly Downloads
- SC1 Episode 6 - Queen of Blades
- Cinematics, StarCraft 1, and Campaign
- 3,249 Monthly Downloads
- SC1 Episode 3: The Fall - Protoss Campaign
- Campaign, Cinematics, Melee, Legacy, and StarCraft 1
- 1,172 Monthly Downloads
- Thrikodias's Assets
- Buildings, Units, Icons, Textures, and Models
- 788 Monthly Downloads