BioMan is an easy-to-use in-game biome editor, you can easily change the biome data of your old maps by making a WorldEdit selection then typing a simple command.
This plugin does NOT alter the world structure, it will just change the biome data which affects the rain/snow/no-weather and the color of grass/leaves/water.
The plugin's name was found by one of my moderators, TenshiArakawa, and it refers to Bioman, the Super Sentai serie. If you don't know what Bioman is, here is a video of the intro :
You need a recent build of craftbukkit (#2040+). All recent builds are downloadable here : http://dl.bukkit.org/downloads/craftbukkit/
You have to install the latest version of WorldEdit, because the selection is done by this plugin.
The installation is quite simple : place BioMan.jar in your plugins directory and restart or reload your server.
How to Use
- Select a region with the WorldEdit selection tool (any type of selection is supported)
- [facultative] Contract the selection to the thinest possible in Y coord (will reduce execution time)
- [facultative] Do the
"//bioman"command (aliases :
"//bm", "/bm", "/bioman"). You will have the list of availables biomes.
- In order to change the biome of the selected region, type
"//bioman biome_name"and send it.
- Alternate command :
"//bioman replace biome1_name biome2_name"in order to replace a biome to another in the selection.
- A message confirms you the success by telling you how many coordinate's biome were changed.
- Changes are instantly visible for you, but not for the players around, they have to disconnect/reconnect to see the changes.
The plugin uses the Permission's system of WorldEdit, so the supported permissions plugins are the same of WorldEdit.
Permission node of the
//bioman command : "bioman.command"
Of course, the player needs to have the worldedit's permission which allows him to perform a selection.
Coming soon ?
If I have the time, maybe I will code a tool for restore 1.7/1.8 biome locations, I need to investigate in old minecraft source in order to find the biome algorithm of each version...
- If you set the Hell biome in normal world, you will be able to grow NetherWart in, but nether monster will spawn. You can easily fix this by enabling the "deny-spawn" flag of "
__global__" normalworld's region, or of a subregion.
- Biome data is stored on the region files since 1.2 version thanks to the Anvil format. So changes will remain after any minecraft update !
- Biomes are located by X and Z coords, so it's useless to make bold selections
Added "/bm replace biome1 biome2" command.
New : the changes are displayed instantly for the player who performs the command.
Bug fix : chunks were load/unload so many times, so the command took too long time to perform with fat selections.
Bug fix : unloaded chunks not affected by the command. The number of changed coords is more adapted.
New command : "/bioman undo" => undoes the changes of the last command. Warning : two consecutives "undo" will revert the last changes and not revert the previous changes. The "undo" can be performed until a server reload/restart, not after.
First version, logic, no ?
How can I show you that this plugin is usefull for me ?
You can post a kind comment below, don't hesitate to make suggests or remarks ;) If you encounter a bug, you can report it on the "Tickets" tab, after checking if that bug was not reported before.
- Update for 1.5.2
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|Bioman v18.104.22.168||Release||CB 1.4.5-R1.0||65||01/01/2013|
|Bioman v1.3.1||Release||CB 1.3.1-R1.0||6,322||08/17/2012|
|Bioman v1.3||Release||CB 1.2.3-R0.2||3,702||03/13/2012|
|Bioman v1.2||Release||CB 1.2.3-R0.2||281||03/11/2012|
- Admin Tools, Anti-Griefing Tools, Informational, Teleportation, and World Editing and Management
- 149,403 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Chat Related, Teleportation, Economy, and General
- 136,786 Monthly Downloads
- World Editing and Management and Admin Tools
- 114,214 Monthly Downloads
- General, Mechanics, Forge, and Items and Blocks
- 93,992 Monthly Downloads
- Thermal Expansion
- Fun, General, Items and Blocks, Mechanics, and Forge
- 78,956 Monthly Downloads