SoundCenter - Music, Sound Effects, Webradio and Voice Chat for Minecraft!
SoundCenter (formerly CustomMusic) allows you to set music boxes or regions that stream your own music, sound effects or webradio to all players in realtime. It also implements a simple voice chat for Minecraft.
To use the features that SoundCenter offers, you and everyone who wants to hear music and voice chat must use the SoundCenter client, which is running on
www.sound-center.com. You do not have to download or install anything. The client is running as a java applet on the website. You will get a message with a link to the client when you join the server. When you follow this link, the client will automatically connect. - Could not be easier.
Here's a video that shows how to use the plugin (Thanks to @jithins):
- You can set imaginary jukeboxes, cuboid areas or worlds and biomes as music stations
- You can also use WorldGuard regions as stations
- Stations can either play your own music/ sound effects, or webradio streams
- You can use a command or the client to play songs for yourself, all players in a world, or all players on the server
- You can use any supported audio file that is stored on a public webserver. Filehosters like DropBox will work as well.
- Supported audio formats: MP3, for webradio also OGG
- Everything is easily and intuitively managable with the client's user interface
- Every feature is configurable
- You can limit access with permissions
- Voice chat
- SoundCenter adds a simple voice chat to your Bukkit server
- You can speak locally (only players that are not far from you can hear you. Volume depends on their distance)
- But you can also speak globally (The whole server can hear you)
- You can disable voice chat on your server if you don't like this feature
- many more to come
How does it work?
Okay so I have SoundCenter installed on my server, what can I do now? It's easy: When you login to your server, you will see a message with a link to www.sound-center.com. When you follow this link, the SoundCenter client will load and automatically fill in the required information to connect to your server. Now you can add songs in the "Music" tab, or add stations in the "Stations" tab. Boxes, areas or WorldGuard regions can be created ingame via /sc set <area|box|wgregion>. That's easier, because the box will be created at your coordinates. You can edit all properties of your stations by pressing the "Edit Station" button in the "Stations" tab.
For detailed instructions on how to install or use the commands visit www.sound-center.com.
- Server-Admins (Plugin for server)
- Minecraft players (Required for everyone who wants to hear the music)
How to use
F. A. Q.
Before you ask a question, take a look at the frequently asked questions.
- Fixed NullPointerException on plugin startup that occured for some people
SINCE THIS UPDATE BRINGS MAJOR CHANGES, VERSION 0.3 WILL NOT BE COMPATIBLE WITH EXISTING SETUPS OF PREVIOUS VERSIONS!
- IMPORTANT Removed the streaming functionality from the plugin. Songs can not be uploaded to the gameserver anymore. See the How to use page fore more info. IMPORTANT
- added command /sc play <songtitle> [global | world <name>]
- added command /sc stop <songtitle> [global | world <name>]
- added option to always start the playlist of a station from beginning
- added option to don't loop the playlist of a station
- added SC-Server-Bind-Addr property to the config file. This is now used as the address the server will bind to. For most users 0.0.0.0 should be okay. The Server-Ip field is now only used for building the correct link in the welcome message.
- added Support for WorldGuard regions
- added Server-Ip property to the config file. If specified, the plugin will bind the TCP- and UDP-sockets to this Ip (not to 0.0.0.0). It is also used as the server address in the link to the client.
- added command '/sc users' which shows a list of players that are using SoundCenter right now.
- added individual volume control to stations
- show warning when server is not receiving udp-traffic from a client
- performance improvements
- completly recoded the plugin
- reset the version to 0.1
- renamed from CustomMusic to SoundCenter
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|SoundCenter v0.301||Beta||CB 1.7.9-R0.2||4,313||12/29/2014|
|SoundCenter v0.3||Beta||CB 1.7.9-R0.2||239||12/26/2014|
|SoundCenter v0.2||Beta||CB 1.7.9-R0.2||448||12/18/2014|
|SoundCenter v0.111||Beta||CB 1.7.9-R0.2||236||12/13/2014|
|SoundCenter v0.1||Beta||CB 1.7.9-R0.1||15,770||01/13/2014|
|CustomMusic v0.9a||Beta||CB 1.4.7-R1.0||53,532||03/04/2012|
|CustomMusic v0.9||Beta||CB 1.0.1-R1||28,239||11/07/2011|
- Tinkers Construct
- Mobs, Processing, Technology, and Armor, Tools, and Weapons
- 429,281 Monthly Downloads
- CoFH Core
- Server Utility and API and Library
- 321,218 Monthly Downloads
- API and Library
- 310,284 Monthly Downloads
- Server Utility, API and Library, and Map and Information
- 306,892 Monthly Downloads
- API and Library
- 303,006 Monthly Downloads