SoundCenter - Music, Sound Effects, Webradio and Voice Chat for Minecraft!
SoundCenter (formerly CustomMusic) allows you to set music boxes or regions that stream your own music, sound effects or webradio to all players in realtime. It also implements a simple voice chat for Minecraft. In the future SoundCenter will add a lot of cool audio features to minecraft, such as sound effects on events.
To use the features that SoundCenter offers, you and everyone who wants to hear music and voice chat must use the SoundCenter client, which is running on
You do not have to download or install anything. The client is running as a java applet on the website. You will get a message with a link to the client when you join the server. When you follow this link, the client will automatically connect. - Could not be easier.
To give you a very little idea of what it does (video is not up-to-date):
- You can set imaginary jukeboxes, cuboid areas or worlds and biomes as music stations
- Stations can either play your own music or sound effects, or webradio streams
- You can also play music globally on the whole server
- You can upload your own music files easily via the SoundCenter client
- Supported audio formats: mp3, midi, ogg (for webradio only)
- Everything is easily and intuitively managable with the clients user interface
- Every feature is configurable and you can limit access with permissions
- Voice chat
- SoundCenter adds a simple voice chat to your Bukkit server
- You can speak locally (only players that are not far from you can hear you. Volume depends on their distance)
- But you can also speak globally (The whole server can hear you)
- You can disable voice chat on your server if you don't like this feature
- many more to come
How does it work?
Okay so I have SoundCenter installed on my server, what do my users have to do now? It's easy: Login to your server. If you are not running the client yet, you will see a message with a link to www.sound-center.com. If you follow this link, the SoundCenter client will load and automatically fill in the required information to connect to your server. Press connect - now you can add and upload your songs in the "Music" tab, or add biomes or worlds to your stations. If you want to set boxes and areas, you can do this ingame via /sc set <area|box>. That's easier, because the box will be created at your coordinates. You can edit all properties of your stations by pressing the "Edit Station" button in the "Stations" tab.
For detailed instructions on how to install or use the commands visit www.sound-center.com.
- Server-Admins (Plugin for server)
- Minecraft players (Required for everyone who wants to hear the music)
How to use
F. A. Q.
Before you ask a question, take a look at the frequently asked questions.
Be aware of the risks this plugin comes with:
- Every user with upload permission can upload any file with the extension .mp3/.midi or .mid
- Users can also upload copyright protected music files
- Mp3 files are streamed from the server to the clients. This will cause a lot of traffic if a lot of players are in range of a station. However, you can limit the maximum bandwidth used for streaming and the maximum number of SoundCenter users.
- completly recoded the plugin
- reset the version to 0.1
- renamed from CustomMusic to SoundCenter
- Ores and Resources, Player Transport, Technology, and Processing
- 270,497 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Anti-Griefing Tools, Informational, Teleportation, and World Editing and Management
- 205,880 Monthly Downloads
- Soartex Fanver
- Mod Support, Animated, and 64x
- 182,933 Monthly Downloads
- World Editing and Management and Admin Tools
- 180,764 Monthly Downloads
- Developer Tools and Admin Tools
- 179,839 Monthly Downloads