There is no official Bukkit for Minecraft 1.8
There is no official Essentials for Minecraft 1.8
For updates regarding Sponge, and what is coming next follow KHobbits on twitter or keep checking the wiki linked below.
Essentials offers over 100 commands and features useful on just about every server.
Our major features include:
- Player made homes, and server warps.
- Player kits and first join kits
- Easy player to player teleports, including teleport requests.
- Full chat and nickname customisation
- Full moderator control, with feature such as muting, jailing and temp banning
- Economy support, including shop signs and command costs
- Full permission based build control, with the ability to block certain items
- Core world protection, allowing you to block explosions, fire spread and other catastrophes!
We recommend visiting the wiki links below to find out more about the different packages, commands and permissions available.
Due to the restraints of DBO, we are unable to offer our old download links, including the link for GroupManager.
Visit our wiki to find our CI server and how to become a beta tester.
When downloading Essentials, be sure to check the supported game version.
What do I do now?
- Essentials Wiki
- Command Reference, click command to expand info
- Command Permissions
- Development Builds / PreRelease Builds / CI
- GitHub / Source code
- Live Chat (IRC) - First stop for help! - During off-peak hours, please wait before leaving!
- Feature requests, Suggestions and Issues
Essentials is currently developed and maintained by the Essentials team, lead by KHobbits. Group Manager is maintained by ElgarL.
- What does each jar do?
- How do I disable parts of Essentials?
- How to get help?
- Developers: Hooking Essentials and API
- Developers: Adding full /help support
- Join the team!
- Help translate Essentials
- Contribute code to Essentials
Donations and Supporters
The Essentials project is maintained by a team of developers in their free time. The amount of time we spend improving on this project is down to personal motivation, we do not get paid to keep this updated. If you find Essentials is an essential part of your server, or has made your life easier, please consider giving us a donation to help keep the project alive.
As always we would like to thank those who have contributed or helped sponsor this project, allowing us to exceed 10 million downloads across all sites:
- Necrodoom - Community Support
- Andrewkm - Server owner and alpha tester, EcoCityCraft
- Skylexia - Project Friend
- X-Rob - Server owner, Minecraft Australia
- TheFarmerNL - Server owner, Minevival.com
- DarkShimy - Server owner, MinePod.fr
- Stickmenz - Server owner, RealmCraft
- Murga - Server owner, SteelCraft
- Svesken - Server owner, Sensationcraft.info
- Crueldog - Server owner - Curelmc
- R_O_C_K_Y - Server owner, Hardcore's Minecraft Servers
- Original contributing team: Zenexer, Aelux, Brettflan, KimKandor
Learn by example
@Samkio and xTorrent made a great YouTube video explaining what Essentials is, its different parts, and how to install it.
This plugin sends statistics about the usage to the server http://mcstats.org/. You can disable it using the command /essentials opt-out.
Changes since 2.12.2:
- Updated for CB 1.7.2-R0.3 Dev Build
- New Feature - Allow server owners to disable safe teleport feature, useful for pvp servers.
- New Feature - Allow silent login and quits
- New Feature - Allow custom player join and quit messages
- New Feature - Add some new events to EssApi
- New Feature - Support for vanilla json-style format metadata in commands and kits
- New Feature - Support for vanilla item names and json metadata
- New Feature - Added /skull command which allows spawning or modifying player skulls
- Update - Add extra Tl messages to /home messages including home counts
- Update - Allow setting worth file durabilities to '*' to cover undefined item subtypes
- Update - Allow item meta on [free] signs
- Update - Merged /killall into /remove command, extended syntax allowing more customization.
- Update - Cleaned up some debug error messages
- Update - Added some more enchant aliases
- Update - Various logic updates for 1.7.2
- Update - Work around for OSX sign glitch, should fix signs till mojang fixes client issue.
- Update - Reset exhaustion on /feed
- Update - Add better maven support
- Update - Add extra optional TL keys to teleport messages
- Update - Better mobdata matching for zombies and skeletons with items
- Update - Speed changes will persist on world change based on permissions
- Update - Leave vehicles prior to teleport
- Update - Allow passing customtext chapter as a variable
- Update - A few API updates
- Update - Translation updates
- Bug Fix - ItemCSV update for 1.7.2
- Bug Fix - Fix keyword parses to support more tags, and more tag names to avoid confusion
- Bug Fix - Fix index errors in some commands
- Bug Fix - Fixed /ignore to block tp requests
- Bug Fix - Fix hidden groups in /list
- Bug Fix - Fix backup scripts not running properly on large output
- Bug Fix - Remove unobtainable items from items.csv to avoid confusion
- Bug Fix - Checks command cost permissions prior to teleporting
- Bug Fix - Fix some items.csv bugs with unusable items
- Bug Fix - Fix skeleton spawnmob metadata to include bow
- Bug Fix - Fix a few ghost items with /recipe
- Bug Fix - Fix sign warp costs
- Bug Fix - Address a file casing issue
- Bug Fix - Fix death caused by flying near to the ground before logout
- Bug Fix - Error Message with /home caused by bad player data
- Bug Fix - Fixed using world names in /remove and other invalid values
- Permission - essentials.silentjoin - Allow joining the server silently (requires config change)
- Permission - essentials.silentquit - Allow silently leaving the server (requires config change)
- Permission - essentials.msg.multiple - permission to allow /msg * <message>
- Permission - essentials.pay.multiple - permission to allow /pay * <amount>
- Permission - essentials.skull - Allow the /skull command
- Permission - essentials.skull.others - Allow creating skulls belonging to other players
- Permission - essentials.skull.spawn - Allows the spawning of a skull if a matching skull isn't in hand
- Permission - essentials.skull.modify - Rebrand an existing player skull
- Permission - essentials.signs.enchant.allowunsafe - Allow using a sign which contains a unsafe enchantment, even if the player is missing essentials.enchantments.allowunsafe
Changes since Pre 2.13.7:
- Bug Fix - Fixed issue in some external plugins hooking teleport methods.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|Essentials Pre-release 18.104.22.168||Beta||CB 1.7.9-R0.1||341,246||07/26/2015|
|Archive - Essentials-2.8.4||Release||CB 1.1-R7||28,298||03/10/2012|
|Archive - Essentials-extra-2.8.4||Release||CB 1.1-R7||1,221||03/10/2012|
|Archive - Essentials-2.8.3||Release||CB 1.1-R6||22,516||03/01/2012|
|Archive - Essentials-extra-2.8.3||Release||CB 1.1-R6||1,003||03/01/2012|
|Archive - Essentials-2.8.2||Release||CB 1.1-R3||65,202||02/09/2012|
|Archive - Essentials-extra-2.8.2||Release||CB 1.1-R3||1,951||02/09/2012|
|Archive - Essentials-2.8.1||Release||CB 1.1-R1||19,462||01/29/2012|
|Archive - Essentials-extra-2.8.1||Release||CB 1.1-R1||1,100||01/29/2012|
|Archive - Essentials-2.7.2||Release||CB 1.0.1-R1||118,258||12/22/2011|
|Archive - Essentials-extra-2.7.2||Release||CB 1.0.1-R1||1,568||12/22/2011|
|Archive - Essentials-2.7.1||Release||CB 1.0.1-R1||28,483||12/14/2011|
|Archive - Essentials-extra-2.7.1||Release||CB 1.0.1-R1||1,213||12/14/2011|
|Archive - Essentials-2.6.5||Release||CB 1337||23,587||11/17/2011|
|Archive - Essentials-extra-2.6.5||Release||CB 1337||2,148||11/17/2011|
|Archive - Essentials-2.6.4||Release||CB 1337||25,644||10/23/2011|
|Archive - Essentials-extra-2.6.4||Release||CB 1337||1,595||10/23/2011|
|Archive - EssentialsGeoIP-2.5.8||Release||Beta 1.7.3||31,951||10/13/2011|
|Archive - EssentialsXMPP-2.5.8||Release||Beta 1.7.3||1,470||10/13/2011|
|Archive - EssentialsProtect-2.5.8||Release||Beta 1.7.3||2,002||10/13/2011|
|Archive - EssentialsSpawn-2.5.8||Release||Beta 1.7.3||3,674||10/13/2011|
|Archive - EssentialsChat-2.5.8||Release||Beta 1.7.3||2,534||10/13/2011|
|Archive - Essentials-2.5.8||Release||Beta 1.7.3||5,258||10/13/2011|
|Archive - EssentialsGeoIP-2.6.2||Release||CB 1185||1,214||10/13/2011|
|Archive - EssentialsXMPP-2.6.2||Release||CB 1185||940||10/13/2011|
|Archive - EssentialsProtect-2.6.2||Release||CB 1185||1,903||10/13/2011|
|Archive - EssentialsSpawn-2.6.2||Release||CB 1185||1,989||10/13/2011|
|Archive - EssentialsChat-2.6.2||Release||CB 1185||6,531||10/13/2011|
|Archive - Essentials-2.6.2||Release||CB 1185||2,624||10/13/2011|
|Archive - EssentialsGeoIP-2.6.3||Release||CB 1317||4,697||10/13/2011|
|Archive - EssentialsXMPP-2.6.3||Release||CB 1317||3,043||10/13/2011|
|Archive - EssentialsProtect-2.6.3||Release||CB 1317||3,068||10/13/2011|
|Archive - EssentialsSpawn-2.6.3||Release||CB 1317||15,249||10/13/2011|
|Archive - EssentialsChat-2.6.3||Release||CB 1317||9,953||10/13/2011|
|Archive - Essentials-2.6.3||Release||CB 1317||7,714||10/13/2011|
- Tinkers Construct
- Mobs, Processing, Technology, and Armor, Tools, and Weapons
- 397,001 Monthly Downloads
- Map and Information
- 344,918 Monthly Downloads
- CoFH Core
- Server Utility and API and Library
- 323,931 Monthly Downloads
- API and Library
- 318,949 Monthly Downloads
- Map and Information
- 316,949 Monthly Downloads