Want some guards to defend your territory? Faction Mobs allows you to spawn mobs aligned to your faction! They'll attack enemy players and monsters! You can even order your mobs around. Make them follow you or patrol an area. This plugin requires Factions.
Using Towny? Check out Towny Mobs.
There are 4 mob types:
- Sword wielding
- Base class: Skeleton with sword
- Bow wielding
- Base class: Skeleton with bow
- Potion throwing
- Base class: Witch
- Base class: Iron Golem
Aside from the Titan, which cannot equip armor, your mobs will equip full leather armor dyed to a color of your choice.
You can modify mob attributes in the config, and you may disable them selectively if you wish.
Your faction mobs will automatically categorize any units it meets as enemy, friendly, or neutral.
Players and faction mobs from enemy factions will be considered enemies. If set in the options, hostile mobs will also be considered enemies, with the exception of the creeper, which it will never attack. Players and faction mobs from your own and allied factions will be considered friendly. All other units are neutral.
Your faction mobs will automatically attack hostile units. It will defend itself when attacked by neutral units. It will never attack friendly units.
Note that the Mage and Archer have some rather bad aim, and may accidentally attack friendly units. You can prevent damage from friendly fire by setting noFriendlyFire to true in the config.
The config file contains many options to set various attributes to the mobs. Please look through it.
Things to Note:
- Mobs still use their original AI, just slightly modified. This means they will use the same movement patterns when attacking as they normally do.
- I used some of the obfuscated functions from Craftbukkit. This means that the plugin will only work for the version it was released for.
- The mobs are saved in file separate from the rest of the world. If you change the name of your world, the faction mobs will not transfer with it.
- If your server is prone to crashing, it is recommended you turn on the autoSave function in the config file.
- This plugin utilizes Hidendra's plugin metrics system, which means that the following information is collected and sent to mcstats.org:
- A unique identifier
- The server's version of Java
- Whether the server is in offline or online mode
- The plugin's version
- The server's version
- The OS version/name and architecture
- The core count for the CPU
- The number of players online
- The Metrics version
- The Factions version
- Note to other devs: Faction Mobs custom entities have "CustomEntity" and "FactionMob" metadata tags
- Update for CB v1_7_R4
- Mages will no longer throw poison potions at arthropods, and will only throw weakness potions at undead
- Fix creating default config.yml
- Delete mobs that fail to respawn
- Changes for possible future MCPC compatibility
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|Faction Mobs v2.7.6 for CB 1.7.10||Release||CB 1.7.9-R0.2||161||07/09/2014|
|Faction Mobs v2.7.5||Release||CB 1.7.9-R0.1||612||06/01/2014|
|Faction Mobs v2.7.4 for CB 1.7.8,1.7.9||Release||CB 1.7.9-R0.1||712||04/14/2014|
|Faction Mobs v2.7.4 for CB 1.7.5-R0.1||Release||1.7.4||305||04/01/2014|
|Faction Mobs v2.7.3||Release||CB 1.7.2-R0.3||684||03/04/2014|
|Faction Mobs v2.7.2||Release||CB 1.7.2-R0.3||784||02/04/2014|
|Faction Mobs v2.7.0 for ALL Factions||Release||CB 1.7.2-R0.2||699||12/24/2013|
|Faction Mobs v2.6.3 for ALL Factions||Release||CB 1.7.2-R0.1||572||12/03/2013|
|Faction Mobs v2.6.2 for Factions 2.2.1||Release||CB 1.6.4-R2.0||1,838||09/26/2013|
|Faction Mobs v2.6.1 for Factions 2.1.0||Release||CB 1.6.2-R1.0||766||09/11/2013|
|Faction Mobs v2.5 for Factions 2.0.5||Release||CB 1.6.2-R0.1||957||08/20/2013|
|Faction Mobs v2.41 for Factions 2.0.3||Release||CB 1.6.2-R0.1||1,086||07/14/2013|
|Faction Mobs v2.41 for Factions 188.8.131.52||Release||CB 1.6.2-R0.1||531||07/12/2013|
|Faction Mobs v2.4 for Factions 184.108.40.206||Release||CB 1.6.2-R0.1||330||07/09/2013|
|Faction Mobs v2.3 for Factions 2.0.2||Release||1.6.1||252||07/02/2013|
|Faction Mobs v2.21 for Factions 2.0.1||Release||CB 1.5.2-R1.0||234||07/02/2013|
|Faction Mobs v2.3 for Factions 1.8.2||Release||1.6.1||53||07/02/2013|
|Faction Mobs v2.3 for Factions 220.127.116.11||Release||1.6.1||36||07/02/2013|
|Faction Mobs v2.2 for Factions 2.0.1||Beta||CB 1.5.2-R1.0||207||06/30/2013|
|Faction Mobs v2.12 for Factions 18.104.22.168||Release||CB 1.5.2-R0.1||1,910||05/22/2013|
|Faction Mobs v2.11 for Factions 1.8.2||Release||CB 1.5.2-R0.1||177||05/22/2013|
|Faction Mobs v2.02||Beta||CB 1.5.2-R0.1||321||05/05/2013|
|Faction Mobs v2.01||Release||CB 1.5.2-R0.1||952||05/02/2013|
|Faction Mobs v2.0||Release||CB 1.5.1-R0.2||565||04/26/2013|
|Faction Mobs v1.9||Release||CB 1.5.1-R0.2||791||04/18/2013|
|Faction Mobs v1.81||Release||CB 1.5.1-R0.1||390||04/10/2013|
|Faction Mobs v1.8||Release||CB 1.5.1-R0.1||173||04/06/2013|
|Faction Mobs v1.7||Release||CB 1.5.1-R0.1||264||04/04/2013|
|Faction Mobs v1.6||Release||CB 1.4.7-R1.0||620||03/20/2013|
|Faction Mobs v1.6 beta||Beta||1.5.1||335||03/20/2013|
|Faction Mobs v1.5 beta||Beta||1.5.0||128||03/17/2013|
|Faction Mobs v1.4 beta||Beta||1.5.0||101||03/15/2013|
|Faction Mobs v1.3||Release||CB 1.4.7-R1.0||310||03/15/2013|
|Faction Mobs v1.2||Release||CB 1.4.7-R1.0||139||03/14/2013|
|Faction Mobs v1.1||Release||CB 1.4.7-R1.0||35||03/14/2013|
|Faction Mobs v1.0||Release||CB 1.4.7-R1.0||206||03/12/2013|
- Ores and Resources, Player Transport, Technology, and Processing
- 278,321 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Anti-Griefing Tools, Informational, Teleportation, and World Editing and Management
- 211,153 Monthly Downloads
- Soartex Fanver
- Mod Support, Animated, and 64x
- 186,696 Monthly Downloads
- World Editing and Management and Admin Tools
- 185,832 Monthly Downloads
- Developer Tools and Admin Tools
- 182,144 Monthly Downloads