A fully configurable plugin that allows you to get paid for breaking, placing, killing, fishing, and crafting. Class based (experience increases as you perform your job).
- Create your own custom jobs and choose what they get paid for and how much.
- Leveling mechanic where higher level jobs will give higher incomes. Income earned = experience gained.
- Equation determining maximum experience, experience gained and income gained is customizable.
- Customizable skill levels in the game to mark leveling milestones (fully customizable in the configuration file).
- Your profession and skill level is part of your display name and whenever you talk everyone will know what you do and how good you are. (optional)
- Does periodic saving and save on player exiting the server.
- Permissions support.
- Admin commands work even when the players are offline.
- Foreign language translations (i18n)
- BukkitPerms Permission Manager
Please don't ask me questions in private messages. Please instead post on these forums, or open a ticket (if applicable). If you have a question, chances are other people have the same question, and it is helpful for everybody to have the questions and responses out publically rather than in my private inbox. If I don't respond, it's not because I have a personal grudge or don't care, it's because you're inappropriately using the private message function.
Jobs may work if using one of these plugins, however, issues involving these plugins will be unsupported. Use at your own risk.
- PermissionsEX - PermissionsEX is inherently flawed, breaks Bukkit. Test with another permission manager first, chances are the issue is specific to PEX.
- Spout - Spout has a history of being unstable at times, and users submit bugs here instead of to them. Remove Spout first to see if your problem goes away.
- Forge/ModloaderMP mods - Test against vanilla Bukkit first. If it works with Vanilla Bukkit, then the problem is somewhere else.
MAKE SURE YOU READ THIS ENTIRE SECTION BEFORE SUBMITTING A TICKET. NOT FOLLOWING THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL RESULT IN HAVING YOUR TICKET IGNORED AND MARKED AS INVALID!
If you're having issues with this plugin read this page first! The answer to your problem is probably already listed there.
Before posting a ticket, use the search first. If you post a duplicate ticket, I won't answer it and will simply close it. Make sure you post one and only one issue per ticket. If you post multiple issues in a ticket, I won't answer your ticket and simply close it as invalid. If you have multiple issues, open a separate ticket for each particular issue. Make sure you attach any relevant logs or configuration files to the ticket (if applicable).
If you are receiving an error message/stacktrace in the console AND you use Spout and/or ModLoader/Forge mods, test your issue against vanilla Bukkit before posting a ticket! Bugs in which really belong to Spout or a ModLoader mod may appear with Jobs in the stacktrace. Test any stacktrace related errors against vanilla Bukkit before posting a bug. Any bugs involving Spout or ModLoader/Forge will be marked as invalid! Make sure you test any potential bugs you receive against vanilla Minecraft before submitting a ticket!
If you are not using an recommended build of Bukkit are receiving an error message/stacktrace, test with a RB first! Beta builds may break plugins! Don't post bugs if you can't replicate it on on recommended build first! Any bugs involving Beta or Dev builds of Bukkit will be closed. Make sure you test any issues against a recommended build first! If a recommended build isn't out yet for the latest Minecraft version and you are receiving errors with this plugin, I would recommend downgrading to the last recommended build!
Abuse of the ticketing system will be reported.
Don't send me a PM about your ticket, or about this plugin, I won't read it. Post a ticket if it's applicable, or use the Forum.
Improving This Plugin
Submit a pull request on Github. If there is an accepted ticket open for your pull request, and it's a clean patch, I will most likely pull it.
Here are some highly requested features that you might want to take a look at if you're interested in improving this plugin.
Please see the translations page for more information about translations in other languages.
Jobs plugin change log summary
- Added translations (it, ko)
- Updated translations (de)
- When using add-xp-player, added workaround to give player fraction of xp points (use dicerolls) when dealing with non-whole numbers
- Refactored inventory listeners for 1.5.2-R1.0
- Added translations (pt, no)
- Fixed output of special characters in multiple translations
- Permissions are only applied in worlds where players have world permission (jobs.world.WORLD_NAME)
- Minor change to how permissions are applied have it behave more like 2.10.2 (however, positive still wins over negative)
- Fixed experience per level and titles which were incorrectly being calculated under certain circumstances
- Added translations (pl, zh)
- Finished modularizing code (ready for Spout and Bukkit API ports!)
- Added /jobs help command
- Added description field in jobConfig.yml that shows up in /jobs browse command
- Fixed ordering of permissions, "true" will always win over "false" now.
- Made Vault completely optional, will use "blackhole" economy if Vault is missing
- Added multiple translations (es, fr, jp, ru)
- Fixed /jobs reload command
- Faster permission handling
- Added configuration toggle to allow for adding Jobs xp to player's minecraft XP bar
- Slightly modified /jobs info to make it easier to read
- Added better error handling for some configuration mishaps
- Fixed error when using player-only commands in console
- Fixed player notices in some admin commands
- Added full i18n support, removed messageConfig.yml (you may delete this file from your plugins folder)
- Modified payment handling to retry withdrawals if there is insufficient funding
- Implemented Anvil Reparing (Repair keyword)
- Added color coding to income in /jobs browse
- Changed behavior of REDSTONE_ORE, removed hacks, added configuration warning
- Fixed most admin commands to work better with offline players
- Reworked entire save system
- Potentially fixed issues with Tekkit and other client mods behaving badly (untested)
- Fixed crafting and smelting with subtypes
- Fixed some errors on shutdown
- Fixed issues causing permissions not to be granted to admins
- Fixed issues on some servers causing a permission error on player join
- Fixed some issues with World permissions
- Rewrote command handling
- Fixed issues with negative economy amounts
- Fixes some issues with economy payments causing lag spikes
- Implemented Bukkit Async chat events
- Potentially fixed issues with IndustrialCraft (and other client mods, untested)
- Improved reading of mob names in config file
- Periodic saving is done in a separate thread
- Player logins and logouts are handled in a separate thread
- Fixed H2 driver
- Implemented Brewing
- Implemented Enchanting
- Added batch size flags for economy payments to help reduce tick lag
- Tasks now restart on reload
- Rewrote job task code to be more modular
- Fixed leaving jobs without having to logout
- Allow payment batching to be configurable
- Fixed H2 dependency conflicts
- Fixed NPE fix with smelting configuration
- Crafting should no longer grant XP when crafting fails
- Added support for 3rd party chat plugins
- Added smelting
- messageConfig.yml should no longer disapper if there are syntax errors
- Test equations during configuration loading stage to prevent errors with buggy formula
- jobConfig.yml should no longer disapper if there are syntax errors
- Permissions should now register correctly on world load
- Missing vault errors are handled more gracefully
- Fixed database locking issues with SQLite
- Jobs can grant permissions to users
- Removed empty sections on /jobs info
- Fixed broken MySQL
- You WILL need to update your "mysql-url" configuration
- Vault now required for Economy support
- Added crafting support without Spout
- Simplified permissions for joining jobs
- Simplified permissions for disabling in worlds
- Configuration errors are handled more gracefully
- Modified all configs to auto create if they don't exist
- Added SQLite database type
- Added toggle to disable in Creative mode
- Changed behavior of chat honorifics
- Removed Stats support
- Updated to Bukkit 1.1 Event System
- Updated off old Bukkit Configuration System
- Fixed linking issues with BOSEconomy
- Fixed NPE due to double onPlayerQuit events
- Fixed NPE with crafting
- Removed ugly timeout hack
- Fixed rounding issues when using BOSEconomy 7
- Buffered payments to reduce lag created by economy plugins
- Added workaround to MySQL timeout issues
- Removed Permissions 3 support, converted to DinnerPerms
- Added a multiplier to restricted areas
- Fixed memory leak with creatures from monster spawners
- Changed kill payouts to be based on creature spawn type, not distance from spawners
- Fixed duplicate honorific on /jobs reload
- Improved database performance
- Commands should work for offline players properly
- Yet another crafting NPE fix
- Fixed NPE when crafting
- Reload should actually work properly now
- Fixed some /jobs reload Issues
- Fix killing of creatures/animals for 1.8+
- Fixed NPE when crafting
- Added support for Crafting (via Spout)
- Added ability to broadcast on level up
- Fixed garbage collection error with MySQL and H2 when joining a job.
- Added iConomy 6 support
- Update for Bukkit build 1060
- Added Essentials Economy support
- Added configuration option "economy" for servers with with multiple economy plugins
- Changed the method of fishing to use onPlayerFish instead of onPlayerPickupItem
- Jobs does a better job disabling itself
- Added /jobs reload command
- Fixed experience equation for fishing
- Changed experience handling to only display experience as whole numbers (partial experience still exists).
- Added special job "None", which serves as a catch all for players without a job.
- Added /jobs admininfo <playername>
- Changed WHEAT to CROPS-7 for Farmers
- Bundled h2.jar
- Added missing console commands for fishing
- Added fishing job
- Fixed issue where Redstone Ore wasn't giving money or experience (Normalized GLOWING_REDSTONE_ORE to REDSTONE_ORE)
- Removed Flatfile support in favor of H2
- Fixed duplicate titles on /reload
- Fixed whitespace issues with chat titles
- Added "restricted areas" preventing jobs from making money in admin defined areas
- Added locking to help prevent jobs disappearing from flatfile
- Removed iConomy 4 support
- Support for Bukkit build 935
- Small bug fixes and code cleanup
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|v2.5.0 [CB1060]||Release||CB 1060||2,599||08/29/2011|
|v2.4.6 [CB1060]||Release||CB 1060||940||08/24/2011|
- Frame Protector
- Fixes and Anti-Griefing Tools
- 286,954 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Chat Related, Teleportation, Economy, and General
- 171,071 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Anti-Griefing Tools, Informational, Teleportation, and World Editing and Management
- 154,539 Monthly Downloads
- Role Playing, General, and Fun
- 144,921 Monthly Downloads
- 112,567 Monthly Downloads