Works 100% with 1.7.2
The best block logging and rollback solution for the savvy server administrator.
LogBlock is the best block logging plugin for Bukkit server. Not only is it awesomely powerful, it’s blazing fast! Everything is logged into a MySQL database, allowing developers to hook in and produce things such as player stats and even administrative panels. Every loggable action can be logged with LogBlock: WorldEdit, leave decay, fire, sign changes, explosions, chest changes, player and animal deaths, chat, commands and more!
Development builds of this project can be acquired at the provided continuous integration server. These builds have not been approved by the BukkitDev staff. Use them at your own risk.
LogBlock will very rarely break between Minecraft / Bukkit updates, however if you find it does, please be sure to try a development build from above, as we generally test new releases there until deemed stable.
What is LogBlock?
LogBlock is a tool which allows you to keep track of almost everything on your server, while also giving you the ability to rollback (revert) or redo changes made by users and natural occurrences such as liquid flow or leaf decay. Additionally, LogBlock is able to log and rollback chest contents, sign text and more! LogBlock was originally created by bootswithdefer for HMod, ported to Bukkit by DiddiZ and is now actively maintained by md_5, ammar2 and the community of developers on Bukkit. We accept pull requests on GitHub frequently which means that community developers can add features they wish to see quicker than LogBlock developers are able to from tickets. All database actions are run not only in their own threads, but are queued into a consumer to minimize lag on the main thread. This is great for larger servers! All optional features (not dependencies below) are enabled and disabled from within the config file allowing complete control over what is logged thus ensuring database size is kept to a minimum.
Most virtual chest plugins are not compatible with LogBlock. Because they do not set the player who is opening the “chest”, LogBlock can’t do what it’s meant to be able to do, thus, making errors in your console. Please report these issues to the fake-chest plugin developer, NOT LogBlock developers.
Issues are read more frequently on the GitHub Issues page as compared to the comments below. When updating to LB1.57, if you already have a large database and have changed your columns to MEDIUMINT, INT or LARGEINT, you do not need the updater to fix this for you automatically. To stop this behaviour, simply change “version” in the configuration to ‘1.57’.
If you're receiving errors regarding players from the consumer such as "[Consumer] Failed to add player <playername>" then change all `playerid` columns to MEDIUMINT or INT in each table that contains them. This may take a long time if you have a lot of rows.
- WorldEdit (Recommended)
- Permissions plugin
- LogBlock Questioner
Found a bug or an issue? Please report it (and attach code if you know how to squash it) on our ticket manager.
Just need help in general or have an urgent, more private bug? Join us on IRC at irc.esper.net #LogBlock and ping a +o or +v for faster help. Webchat is available here if you don't have a client, or prefer to use it.
As always, check if your question is on the FAQ before asking!
- FAQ (read me first!)
- Command reference
- Helpful Commands
- MySQL Connection Problems
- MySQL Schema
- SQL Queries
Are you a Developer?
If you wish to contribute to the LogBlock project, head on over to the GitHub page, fork the project and submit your pull request(s).
If you wish to develop a plugin that interacts with LogBlock in some way, read up on the API here. Support for API and more can be found in the IRC channel, which is listed above.
Developer builds can be found here. (These builds have not been approved by the BukkitDev staff. Use them at your own risk.)
Still need help? Join us on IRC at irc.esper.net #LogBlock and ping a +o or +v for faster help.
- Wooden button logging
- Better fireball logging
- Better location querying
- Smarter smart logging
- Add TNT Carts
- Ability to disable sanity ID
- Allow more log rows
- Use UTF-8 for logging
- Comparator, tripwire, pressure plate, crop trample logging added
- Door log fix
- Better messages
- Block spreading
- Fix timezone support
- Death logging fix
- Chest decay
- Various SQL improvements (see source)
- More prepared statements
- Increase to accuracy (Thanks DarkArc)
- WorldEdit logging
- Case insensitive player ignoring
- Consumer warnings + more aggressive defaults (Thanks DarkArc)
- Use more prepared statements
- Fix timestamps on some entries
- Report progress for large rollbacks
- Falling blocks (sand/gravel) are now logged properly in the location they land
- The format of the date displayed in lookups is now customizable under "lookup.dateFormat" in config.yml, please refer to http://docs.oracle.com/javase/1.4.2/docs/api/java/text/SimpleDateFormat.html for the display options
- Parameters can now be escaped with double quotes, allowing for spaces in parameters e.g (world "world with spaces")
- Blocks placed now have their data logged properly. Blocks with extra data such as stairs will now be resetted properly during redos
- Fixed bug whereby lava and water logging options in world config weren't considered
- Fixed duplicate "[LogBlock]" tags in message logging
- Fixed y axis not being considered in the radius specified by area
- Fixed possible crash on /lb tp
- Fix * permission
- Require WorldEdit once again.
- 1.57 table updates are optional
- PermissionDefault to OP
- Increase default table sizes
- Invert chest logging
- Remove worldedit auto download
- Transition to maven
- Use async chat event
- Add metrics
- Small performance increases
- Fix derpy fake inventory plugins throwing npes.
- Make use of the new chest logging system
- Remove the use of old permissions systems
- Properly log block replacement.
- Added option to disallow tool dropping to prevent item duplication.
- Removed double logblock.tp permission.
- Fixed config updater error.
- Check if EntityChangeBlockEvent is triggered by Enderman.
- Fixed onlinetime logging for players.
- Fixed npe in /lb me.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|LogBlock v1.58||Release||CB 1.3.1-R1.0||28,401||08/11/2012|
|LogBlock v1.57||Release||CB 1.3.1-R1.0||2,163||08/09/2012|
|LogBlock v1.54||Release||CB 1.2.5-R4.0||22,190||07/10/2012|
|LogBlock v1.53||Release||CB 1.2.5-R4.0||3,131||07/07/2012|
|LogBlock v1.52||Release||CB 1.2.5-R2.0||4,933||06/01/2012|
|LogBlock v1.41||Release||CB 1337||46,513||11/17/2011|
- Frame Protector
- Fixes and Anti-Griefing Tools
- 500,833 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Anti-Griefing Tools, Informational, Teleportation, and World Editing and Management
- 202,409 Monthly Downloads
- World Editing and Management and Admin Tools
- 194,125 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Chat Related, Teleportation, Economy, and General
- 182,458 Monthly Downloads
- Mine & Blade: Battlegear 2
- Ores and Resources, Armor, Tools, and Weapons, and Adventure and RPG
- 129,690 Monthly Downloads