Latest releases: available here
Latest 1.7 Release Build: 1.5.00
Latest 1.6 Release Build: 1.4.08
The goal of mcMMO is to take core Minecraft game mechanics and expand them into add an extensive and quality RPG experience. Everything in mcMMO has been carefully thought out and is constantly being improved upon. Currently, mcMMO adds fourteen unique skills to train and level in. Each of these skills is highly customizable through our configuration files, allowing server admins to tweak mcMMO to best suit the needs of his or her server. Know that the mcMMO team is dedicated to providing an ever-evolving experience, and that we carefully read all feedback and bug reports in order to evaluate and balance the mechanics of mcMMO in every update.
- Fully featured mmo-like party system
- Robust Skills
- Unique Skill Abilities
- Skill Leaderboards
- Skills that focus on fun gameplay rather than restriction
- Follows an XP system like in an RPG/MMO
- Repair System
- Admin Chat
- Loads of RPG elements
- Very Configurable - Want to make mining take 3x longer to level? You can.
- MySQL Support
- Sound effects for:
Are you using NoCheatPlus? (Or any other anti-cheat plugin?)
Anti-cheat plugins can be great tools to deter and prevent cheaters on a server, however since mcMMO adds cool abilities which aren't in the Vanilla game - this can cause false alert in anti-cheat plugins, which will more often than not block certain mcMMO abilities or feature. Luckily, for NoCheatPlus users there is a solution. The add-on plugin CompatNoCheatPlus aims to solve these conflicts with mcMMO. We highly recommend using it if you plan on using mcMMO alongside NoCheatPlus.
Are you using TagAPI?
Checkout mcMMO-TagAPI! An official mcMMO plugin that utilizes TagAPI to give party members and alliance members colored nameplates.
Are you using Towny?
Checkout mcMMO-Towny! An official mcMMO plugin that utilizes Towny to give certain players modified XP gains, depending on whether or not they are inside specific towns.
Are you using WorldGuard?
Checkout mcMMO-WorldGuard! An official mcMMO plugin that utilizes WorldGuard to give certain players modified XP gains, depending on whether or not they are inside specific regions. And it is used to enable/disable mcMMO abilities in specified regions.
- Installing mcMMO
- List of Permissions
- Command reference
- Full ChangeLog
- Changing & adding Localizations
Bug Report / Feature Request
We try our best to perform as many user tests as possible, but occasionally bugs do squeak through. If you have found a bug, or perhaps just have a feature request, please create an issue on Github
Donating is the best way to support the development team and encourage us to devote even more of our free time to work on mcMMO. There is conveniently placed link at the top right of this page to do so.
Stats collection and data gathering
- This plugin utilises Hidendra's plugin metrics system. Opting out of this service can be done by editing plugins/Plugin Metrics/config.yml and changing opt-out to true. The following information is collected and sent to mcstats.org.
- A unique identifier
- The server's version of Java
- Whether the server is in offline or online mode
- The plugin's version
- The server's version
- The OS version/name and architecture
- The core count for the CPU
- The number of players online
- The Metrics version
- This plugin also utilizes Updater to check BukkitDev if there are updates present.
- + Added Podzol & Red Sand to Excavation
- + Added Hardened Clay, Stained Clay, and Packed Ice to Mining blocks
- + Added Acacia and Dark Oak to Woodcutting blocks
- + Added Salmon, Clownfish, and Pufferfish to Fishing XP
- + Added new flowers and grasses to Herbalism XP
- + Added option to config.yml which allows players to always catch fish, even when a treasure is found
- + Added option to config.yml to override vanilla Minecraft treasures
- ! Fishing XP now depends on the type of fish.
- ! Woodcutting XP in experience.yml and Woodcutting double drops in config.yml now use the tree species names. Oak is now Generic, and Spruce is now Redwood.
- ! Red_Rose was replaced by Poppy, and so the key in experience.yml has been updated accordingly.
- - Removed deprecated permission nodes
- - Removed "Treasure found!" message
- + Added a new skill; Alchemy. Special thanks to EasyMFnE for creating this!
- + Added SecondaryAbilityType enum, and new SecondaryAbilityWeightedActivationCheckEvent, fired when a secondary ability checkes its activation chances
- + Added the possibility to gain experience when using Fishing "Shake"
- + Added config options to disable various sound effects
- + Smelting now works with custom ores - add smelting XP value to blocks.yml, or it will default to 1/10th of normal XP.
- + Added automatic cleanup of backups folder.
- + Added bypass permission for finding Fishing traps
- + Added level threshold settings to hardcore modes. When a players skill level is below this threshold, they will not lose any stats
- + Added party alliances, two parties can now team up. Allies share party chat and cannot harm each other.
- + Added new experience bonus perk 'mcmmo.perks.xp.10percentboost.<skillname>' multiplies incoming XP by 1.1
- + Added new experience bonus perk 'mcmmo.perks.xp.customboost.<skillname>' multiplies incoming XP by the boost amount defined in the experience config
- + Added Ender Dragon, Wither, and Witch to combat experience multipliers - they do not give XP by default
- + Added support for multiple mod config files, naming can be done as either armor.<modname>.yml or <modname>.armor.yml
- + Added config options to configure the items used in "Call of the Wild"
- + Added config option to configure the database command cooldown
- = Fixed bug where healthbars wouldn't display if skills were disabled
- = Fixed bug with "Call of the Wild" entities despawning
- = Fixed bug with updating (very) old user data.
- = Fixed bug with checking maximum durability of mod items.
- = Fixed exploit involving Call of The Wild.
- = Fixed bug where LeafBlower permissions were ignored
- = Fixed bug with toggle commands not properly displaying the success message.
- = Fixed IllegalArgumentException caused by an empty Fishing treasure category
- = Fixed bug with Salvage not reading the config value for the anvil material.
- = Fixed exploit where you could receive smelting XP for improper items
- = Fixed bug where the Unbreaking enchantment was ignored when using "Super Breaker" or "Giga Drill Breaker"
- = Fixed bug which prevented players from gaining Acrobatics XP when the setting 'Prevent_XP_After_Teleport' was set to false
- = Fixed bug where cooldown donor perks were reducing more than expected
- = Fixed bug where disabling hardcore mode for specific skills didn't work
- = Fixed bug which caused the backup cleanup to delete old backups while it should have kept those
- = Fixed bug where party chat broke if the display name contained special characters
- = Fixed bug where `/addlevels all` and `/skillreset all` didn't work
- = Fixed bug which made it possible to gain XP by taming the same horse multiple times, if a player "untamed" that horse
- = Fixed bug where some horses summoned with "Call of the Wild" were unable to jump
- = Fixed bug where the /ptp request expiration time was checked wrongly - preventing players from using the command
- = Fixed bug where Hylian Luck was broken
- = Fixed bug where Snow would never drop treasures
- = Fixed issues with commands giving away vanished players.
- = Fixed bug where the Repair lucky perk would increase the Arcane Forging downgrade chance, instead of decreasing it
- ! Changed party system. Parties now have XP and Levels. Party features such as party teleport and party chat have to be unlocked before they can be used by the party members
- ! Changed appearance of party member list. Gold = party leader, White = online, Gray = offline, Italic = not nearby
- ! Updated localization files
- ! Changed the appearance of /mcmmo commands
- ! Changed AxesCritical to CriticalHit in config file
- ! Changed several secondary ability permissions(deprecated versions still exist)
- ! Changed /ptp config setting, Commands.ptp.Confirm_Required is now Commands.ptp.Accept.Required
- ! Changed config validation for UnlockLevels, they can now also be 0
- ! Changed config validation for Rank_Levels, successive Ranks can now be less than or equal to each other
- ! Changed default amount of XP gained from mining Quartz Ore. From 250 to 100 XP.
- ! Changed Acrobatics config setting, Skills.Acrobatics.Prevent_XP_After_Teleport is now Skills.Acrobatics.XP_After_Teleport_Cooldown
- - Removed /stats alias for /mcstats
- + Added XP boost to Acrobatics when wearing Boots of Feather Falling
- + Added SQL Database can now recover from a dropped connection without losing data. (Thanks Riking!)
- + Added more tiers to Fishing, Repair and Smelting!
- + Added Carrot on a Stick and Flint & Steel to repair.vanilla.yml
- + Added horses to the "Shake" ability
- + Added ability to summon horses via "Call of the Wild" using apples
- + Added XP gain to Taming for horses
- + Added new permission nodes to allow more control over Taming and "Call of the Wild"
- + Added new experience.yml config file! Moved all experience related settings from config.yml to experience.yml
- + Added support for EXPONENTIAL formula curves to experience.yml
- + Added new /mcconvert command to convert players levels and experience from one formula curve to another.
- + Added snow to Excavation blocks
- + Added new experience curve option. Cumulative curve, calculates experience needed for next level using power level.
- + Added extra settings to config.yml for "Call of the Wild" (Taming)
- + Added a 5 second cooldown after teleporting before Acrobatics XP can be earned. Plus a config option to disable
- + Added new API methods to ExperienceAPI to get a players rank on the leaderboards
- + Added new McMMOPlayerDeathPenaltyEvent, fired when a player dies and would lose levels
- + Added new McMMOPlayerLevelChangeEvent, fired when a players level changes
- + Added new McMMOPlayerLevelDownEvent, fired when a player loses levels
- + Added ability to give custom names to items in treasures.yml - use the key "Custom_Name" to set, expects a string.
- + Added ability to give lore to items in treasures.yml - use the key "Lore" to set, expects a list of strings.
- + Added Quartz and Name Tags to the default Excavation treasures
- + Added a warning message if the server is running NoCheatPlus without CompatNoCheatPlus
- + Added cooldown to commands with heavy database access to prevent denial of service
- + Added /mcscoreboard keep, to keep the scoreboard up forever
- + Added Rainbow Mode to scoreboards
- + Added new /mccooldowns command to show all ability cooldowns
- + Commands may now both print text and display a scoreboard
- + Killing a custom entity will automatically add it to the custom entity config file with default values.
- = Fixed bug which allowed players to bypass fishing's exploit prevention
- = Fixed bug where FakeEntityDamageByEntityEvent wasn't being fired
- = Fixed bug with "Skull Splitter" not finding the locale string
- = Fixed issue where locale strings could cause the scoreboard header to be longer than 16 characters.
- = Fixed a bug with "Beast Lore" when the entity had no owner but was tamed.
- = Fixed a bug where AbilityDeactivateEvent would throw an error if the player logged out before his ability ran out.
- = Fixed a bug where LevelUpEvent would be called for an offline player.
- = Fixed a bug where teleport location was never reset if warmup was set to 0 for "Chimaera Wing".
- = Fixed a bug where the "Dodge" DamageModifier wasn't being read from advanced.yml
- = Fixed a bug where squid were not awarding XP.
- = Fixed a bug where Combat XP was granted within 5 seconds for respawned players
- = Fixed a bug where wrong feedback messages were being send when using a command on an offline player
- = Fixed a bug where players were able to gain Herbalism XP in mine carts, even though Prevent_AFK_Leveling was enabled
- = Fixed a bug where players would get hit by fireworks if they leveled up while in a boat
- ! Changed Fishing "Treasure Hunter" and "Magic Hunter" drop percentages. (Special thanks to AndrewDawes and SeanBreen for helping with testing)
- ! Changed format of mod config files. (blocks.yml, tools.yml, armor.yml and entities.yml) YOU WILL NEED TO UPDATE YOUR FILE TO THE NEW FORMAT
- ! Changed format of treasures.yml. YOU WILL NEED TO UPDATE YOUR FILE TO THE NEW FORMAT
- ! Changed format of repair.vanilla.yml. YOU WILL NEED TO UPDATE YOUR FILE TO THE NEW FORMAT
- ! Changed default XP multiplier for repairing shears
- ! Changed "Shake" drops for Witches. They no longer drop water bottles, since they no longer drop them in Vanilla.
- ! Changed fishing exploit prevention, by default it will no longer send global sounds, effects and messages.
- ! Changed Hardcore modes, they will also subtract experience
- ! Changed various values to double in advanced.yml for the sake of consistency.
- ! Nerfed Fishing "Master Angler" (removed skill level based bonus) and also made the modifiers configurable
- ! Nerfed Archery damage to eliminate constant one-hit kills.
- ! Changed the way Repair hands out XP, also added config options to control Repair XP
- ! Changed Swords "Counter Attack" ability from passive to active. Blocking is required to activate.
- ! Hardcore modes can now be toggled for each skill individually
- ! Vampirism can now be enabled without having Skill Death Penalty enabled
- ! Admin and Party chat prefixes are now customizable
- ! Changed the color of party leader names in Party chat
- ! Improved "Tree Feller" algorithm (Thanks Riking!)
- ! Improved AFK Acrobatics prevention mechanism
- ! Improved profile saving
- ! Improved partial name matcher
- ! Improved update checker
- ! Updated localization files
- ! Party item share category states are now saved when the server shuts down.
- ! When using "Super Breaker" or "Giga Driller" abilities extra tool durability is used (again)
- ! Mob healthbars are automatically disabled when the plugin "HealthBar" is found
- ! Massively improved scoreboard handling
- ! Reworked scoreboard configuration (config.yml) - you will need to update
- - The /mmoupdate command has been removed. It is replaced by /mcconvert database
- - Removed Abilities.Tools.Durability_Loss_Enabled, set Abilities.Tools.Durability_Loss to 0 to disable instead.
- - Removed Skills.Fishing.Shake_UnlockLevel from advanced.yml, now using Skills.Fishing.Rank_Levels.Rank_1 insted.
- - Removed SpoutPlugin support
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|mcMMO 1.5.00||Release||CB 1.7.2-R0.3||475,914||03/29/2014|
|mcMMO 1.4.08||Release||CB 1.7.2-R0.3||12,892||03/29/2014|
|mcMMO 1.4.07||Release||CB 1.6.4-R2.0||111,561||10/26/2013|
|mcMMO 1.4.06||Release||CB 1.6.2-R0.1||79,501||07/11/2013|
|mcMMO 1.4.06-beta5||Beta||CB 1.5.2-R0.1||38,368||05/21/2013|
|mcMMO 1.4.06-beta2||Beta||CB 1.5.1-R0.2||14,424||04/29/2013|
|mcMMO 1.4.06-beta1||Beta||CB 1.5.1-R0.2||11,567||04/11/2013|
|mcMMO 1.4.05||Release||CB 1.5.1-R0.2||76,762||04/04/2013|
|mcMMO 1.4.02||Release||CB 1.4.7-R1.0||16,851||03/04/2013|
|mcMMO 1.4.00||Release||CB 1.4.7-R1.0||8,299||03/01/2013|
|mcMMO 1.4.00-beta4||Beta||CB 1.4.7-R1.0||6,130||02/22/2013|
|mcMMO 1.4.00-beta3||Beta||CB 1.4.7-R1.0||5,644||02/15/2013|
|mcMMO 1.4.00-beta2||Beta||CB 1.4.7-R1.0||7,591||02/07/2013|
|mcMMO 1.4.00-beta1||Beta||CB 1.4.7-R1.0||6,063||02/01/2013|
|mcMMO 1.3.14||Release||CB 1.4.7-R1.0||46,891||01/20/2013|
|mcMMO 1.3.11||Release||CB 1.3.1-R1.0||165,175||08/14/2012|
|mcMMO 1.3.10||Release||CB 1.3.1-R1.0||24,347||08/07/2012|
|mcMMO 1.3.09||Release||CB 1.2.5-R4.0||89,679||06/24/2012|
|mcMMO 1.3.08||Release||CB 1.2.5-R2.0||67,946||05/22/2012|
|mcMMO 1.3.07||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.2||13,228||05/17/2012|
|mcMMO 1.3.06||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.2||42,519||04/28/2012|
|mcMMO 1.3.05||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||51,485||04/03/2012|
|mcMMO 1.3.04||Release||CB 1.2.4-R1.0||22,896||03/28/2012|
|mcMMO 1.3.03||Release||CB 1.2.3-R0.2||23,518||03/22/2012|
|mcMMO 1.3.02||Release||CB 1.1-R6||54,542||03/04/2012|
|mcMMO 1.3.01||Release||CB 1.1-R6||10,088||03/01/2012|
|mcMMO 1.3.00||Release||CB 1.1-R6||1,418||03/01/2012|
|mcMMO 1.2.12||Release||CB 1.1-R4||97,748||02/14/2012|
|mcMMO 1.2.11||Release||CB 1.1-R3||24,569||02/11/2012|
|mcMMO 1.2.10||Release||CB 1.1-R3||40,750||02/05/2012|
|mcMMO 1.2.09||Release||CB 1.1-R3||25,450||02/03/2012|
|mcMMO 1.2.08||Release||CB 1.1-R1||54,350||01/26/2012|
|mcMMO 1.2.08-dev-2||Beta||CB 1.1-R1||7,004||01/25/2012|
|mcMMO 1.2.08-dev||Beta||CB 1.0.1-R1||33,900||01/16/2012|
|mcMMO 1.1.17||Release||CB 1337||50,584||11/04/2011|
|mcMMO 1.1.16||Release||CB 1185||41,468||09/27/2011|
|mcMMO 1.1.15||Release||CB 1185||2,483||09/26/2011|
|mcMMO 1.1.14||Release||CB 1060||18,275||09/14/2011|
- Fixes, General, Informational, World Editing and Management, and Admin Tools
- 734,354 Monthly Downloads
- Tinkers Construct
- Mobs, Processing, Technology, and Armor, Tools, and Weapons
- 330,640 Monthly Downloads
- Map and Information
- 291,355 Monthly Downloads
- CoFH Core
- Server Utility and API and Library
- 268,820 Monthly Downloads
- Server Utility, API and Library, and Map and Information
- 268,235 Monthly Downloads