Minigames is a plugin in which users can create and play several types of Minigames on a server, without the risk of losing items or XP when they die. Players can also use checkpoints so when they die, they are reverted back to that position.
The Possible Minigame types are:
- Single Player - for jump puzzles, mazes etc.
- Last Man Standing - A multiplayer Free for All (FFA) PvP Minigame
- Race - A Multiplayer race Minigame
- Team Deathmatch - A deathmatch round against 2 teams, first to a defined score wins!
- Deathmatch - A free for all deathmatch round against any predefined amount of players, first to a defined score wins!
- Spleef - Its possible to create custom Spleef arenas, as well as your standard spleef arena.
- Treasure Hunt - A global treasure finding Minigame that is always running
- CTF - An expansion to the Team Deathmatch Minigame.
- Infection - An expansion to the Team Deathmatch Minigame where the infected players must kill all survivors.
- Prizes for completing a Minigame
- Economy support (Requires Vault)
- All command configuration for creating Minigames
- Completely customisable, lots of settings to create your own styled Minigame.
- Ability to create multiple loadouts
- Inventory saving
- XP saving
- Minigame regeneration (slightly limited)
- An automated update checker for OP's (Can be turned off in the main config by setting updateChecker to false)
- SQL completion data storage for websites or more informative data (Requires SQLibrary)
- And lots more!
Click here for videos of this plugin in action.
Minigames was created for players to play games within a server and win prizes for completion, also to let players play PvP games without the risk of losing their hard earned items and XP. Minigames also reward players for completing each Minigame, or with PvP Minigames, the player can be rewarded with 'bets' that players make before they start the Minigame. These bets can be in Economy money or preset items.
These Minigames can be created in any style the player wishes, for example, parkour jump puzzles, mazes and treasure hunts. As well as PvP games like CTF, races and more. You are given a lot of options to add to each Minigame individually, so they are all completely customisable.
Updated once again for Spleef and LMS.
A full list of permissions for the plugin.
A full command list for the plugin. Updated
All Minigame signs that can be used
Donate to the Minigames project to show your support! Every little bit helps!
Frequently Asked Questions.
A work in progress wiki, this will hopefully explain all the details of Minigames.
DO NOT post them in the comments as I will lose track of them there.
Major features in progress for next version:
- Improved Reward Handling
- Improved Loadout Management
- Minigame Edit Menu
- Language Support
- More SQL data
- Command Block Minigame usage. (Expanding upon Minigames)
- Updated to MC 1.6.2
- Fixed Deathdrops setting not being correctly loaded by a saved Minigame.
- Fixed Global loadouts "add" command not working.
- Fixed presets being case sensitive
- Fixed set scoretype and set lives not being added to the * permissions
- Fixed fall damage not being removed upon quitting, ending or joining a Minigame
- Fixed Falling blocks not always getting restored.
- Fixed CTF flag bedrock sometimes reappearing within water in a Minigame after it ends.
- Fixed Late Join interfering with start timer.
- Stopped CTF flags dropping on top of other signs. (Destroying the text on it)
- Added Infection preset (Based off the one shown in the "Introducing Infection" video)
- Added missing information upon setting a floor degeneration type.
- Added /mgm quit ALL ("ALL" must be in capital letters)
- Added optional 3rd line to Finish sign so players can only finish a Minigame if the use the correct sign. (Using the Minigames name).
- Added option to allow enderpearl usage (/mg set <Minigame> allowEnderpearls <true/false>)
- Added SLOT option in reward/secondary reward to use the item you are holding as the reward. (/mg set <Minigame> reward SLOT)
- Added Optional "Pay to Join" Minigame to the join signs, adding a money amount to the fourth line will require players to pay to join a Minigame (Requires Vault)
- Added the ability to modify a Minigames lobby start timer (to override the default config) (/minigame set <Minigame> starttime <time>)
- Added a player info command to list the players currently playing a Minigame or to see a specific players Minigame and score. (/minigame player <PlayerName OR list>)
- Upon setting a game type, if the entered gametype does not exist, it will check presets as well. (eg: "/mgm set <Minigame> type spleef" will use the spleef preset to create a standard spleef Minigame [Setting the type to dm with 1 life]).
- Waiting for Players time is now skipped if the Minigame is full.
- Possible fix for Login Plugins
- Completely rewrote the player inventory storing system.
- Players that were in a Minigame before a server crash will be teleported to world spawn with their inventory upon rejoin.
- Fixed issues with quitting Minecraft while in a Minigame
- Treasure hunt now automatically starts on server start if it was running before the server was stopped (or crashed).
- Fixed a null pointer exception on plugin disable.
- Fixed players not teleporting out of the Minigame if they quit after dying.
- Removed a 1.5 Config fixer for changing old LMS Minigames to DM. If you're updating from a 1.4 build, please use a previous version first, unless you know what you're doing.
- Fixed console errors when stopping or reloading the server. (Forcing players to remain in a Minigame).
- Fixed Minigame create command throwing an error if no name was entered.
- Fixed being unable to create global loadouts.
- Fixed Minigame reload command duplicating loadout items.
- Fix for item rewards and item betting not being given to players.
- Fixed message saying how many players were needed to start the game.
- Synced Minigame starting wait countdown with the server for optimisation
- Synced treasure hunt timer with the server for optimisation
- Synced Minigame time left timer with the server for optimisation
- Synced floor degenerator with the server for optimisation
- Added "/mgm q" as an alias for "/mgm quit"
- Set start command now has a parameter to clear set start points: "/minigame set <Minigame> start clear [team colour]"
- Changed how betting works, players must now bet the same amount/item for fairness.
- Fixed loadout item quantities sometimes being 0 (ghost items)
- Fixed loadout items sometimes not being visible.
- Added potion effects to loadouts, these work in the same way to the /effect command added in 1.5,
- Command: /minigame set <Minigame> loadout addpotion <EffectName/ID> <Duration (seconds)> <Amplifier>
- Removed command from the /mgm help command that is no longer available
- Score announcement is no longer shown at the end of the game if the score is 0
- Implemented Scoreboard API added with Minecraft 1.5. This now shows the players team so it can be used in future versions without an update.
- The players and teams scores are now shown in the right sidebar.
- Adding "respawn" to the last line on a loadout sign will make the player have to wait until they respawn before they get a new loadout.
- Minigame start timer now only shows the time remaining if its set in the Main config (under multiplayer.timerMessageInterval)
- Fixed arrows staying in the player after they quit, end or die in a Minigame.
- Fixed death messages in Minigames showing an empty line if the death message has been turned off by another plugin.
- Fixed players being unable to respawn when dying in a Minigame and the game ending, thus causing them to remain in the Minigame when they quit and rejoin.
- Fixed SQL trying to connect even if you didn't have it enabled.
- Added floor degeneration types
- Can be activated via "/mgm set <Minigame> floordegen"
- Added random floor degeneration. The percent chance can be changed when issuing the command (default 15%)
- Added circular floor degeneration. Degenerates a circular area from the outside in
- Default floor degenerator now called "inward"
- Added setting to change floor degeneration time per Minigame. The default value can still be set in the Main Config.
- This time can also be changed in "/mgm set <Minigame> floordegen"
- Added permission: minigame.sign.create.finish
- Added permission: minigame.sign.create.join
- Added permission: minigame.sign.create.bet
- Added permission: minigame.sign.create.checkpoint
- Added permission: minigame.sign.create.flag
- Added permission: minigame.sign.create.quit
- Added permission: minigame.sign.create.loadout
- Added permission: minigame.sign.create.spectate
- Added permission: minigame.sign.create.reward
- Added permission: minigame.sign.create.team
- Added permission: minigame.sign.create.teleport
- Added permission: minigame.sign.create.*
- All create sign permissions default to OP
- Added permission: minigame.sign.use.details
- Added permission: minigame.sign.use.join
- Added permission: minigame.sign.use.bet
- Added permission: minigame.sign.use.checkpoint
- Added permission: minigame.sign.use.loadout
- Added permission: minigame.sign.use.spectate
- Added permission: minigame.sign.use.reward
- Added permission: minigame.sign.use.team
- Added permission: minigame.sign.use.teleport
- Added permission: minigame.sign.use.*
- All use sign permissions default to anyone
- Added global checkpoints. These can be used outside a Minigame and are useful for adventure worlds. Requires the world "global" on the third line of a checkpoint sign.
- Added teleport signs. These can be used both within a Minigame and normally.
- Added Reward signs:
- Can only be used by a player once.
- Useful for adventure worlds.
- Third line must contain a reward name (not an item name)
- Fourth line is the item. This is an optional parameter, you can have the item in your hand and right click the sign after creation to make the sign use that item as the reward.
- Reward Syntax ("" mean optional): "itemID[:damage[:enchantID[,level]]] quantity"
- If manually adding an enchant, you must have the damage of the item as well (0 if you want an item to be new).
- Added team signs. This allows the player to select the team they wish to join (Will not work if teams are unbalanced). If a player doesn't select a team, they will be auto assigned when the game starts. (Does not work for infection!!!)
- Added spectator mode
- Requires 1 non team spawn point (usually created when creating a Minigame) to join.
- Spectators cannot be seen by other players in the Minigame
- Added command to enable fly mode for spectators: "/minigame set <Minigame> spectatorfly <true/false>
- Spectators cannot interact with anything/anyone within a Minigame. (Note: Arrows and snowballs hit spectators and bounce off them, if you're using spectator mode, please be aware of this, there is no way to fix it).
- Fixed circular spawning randomisation being incorrect.
- Changed the treasure hunt timer to pause when no players are online. This prevents the chest sometimes not being removed when the timer is up.
- Added Regenearation Areas. This region is for more advanced rollback events and is not needed for simple games. Minigames that use TNT, have leaf decay or intend to use redstone devices should use these regions. (Please note, TNT still needs to be registered by either a player placing it, or as a RestoreBlock, the region is the one that rolls back the actual explosion, not the TNT itself).
- Command: "/minigame set <Minigame> regenarea <args>"
- Regen regions can rollback dropped items.
- Regen regions can rollback pistons. (Can also rollback if piston was added to restore blocks or placed by a player)
- Shot Arrows added to rollback
- Pistons added to rollback and regen areas. Player has to place the piston if not using a regen area or has to be added to restore blocks.
- Falling blocks added to regen areas.
- Dispenser added to regen area
- Vehicle rollback (boats and minecarts) are now determined in regen areas. (A player breaking a vehicle still doesn't need a regen area)
- Added hopper and dropper to the regeneration
- Fixed droppers not being added to regeneration when using restoreblocks
- LMS gametype has been removed and replaced with a Minigame Lives setting. All LMS games will automatically switch to deathmatch with 1 life.
- Lives system added. Can set any amount of lives for a Minigame. This works in Deathmatch (for last man standing), Team Deathmatch (for last team standing), Single Player and Race.
- Command: "/minigame set <Minigame> lives <number>"
- Setting lives to 0 makes the Minigame have unlimited lives (default)
- Added new preset: "lms". Sets the game up with the old LMS style for simplicity.
- Added default winner command. This can be used for 1 flag CTF games of Attack/Defend.
- Command: "/minigame set <Minigame> defaultwinner"
- Fixed auto balancing not changing the players name colour upon starting the Minigame.
- Players can now change team in game using team signs, the player will also be killed upon doing so.
- Flag carriers now play a particle effect when carrying the flag to be easily noticeable from other players.
- Fixed some console errors
- New score type! Infection.
- Must be used with TeamDM
- Upon starting, 18% of the players in that Minigame will start infected, the rest will be survivors. If the infected kills a survivor, they become infected. When all the survivors die, the infected win. You must add a timer and set blue team to be the default winner if you ever want the survivors to win.
- For rewards and cash betting, if the infected win, only the original infected will be rewarded since the others joined after they were killed. If the survivors win, only the remaining survivors will be rewarded.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
- Admin Tools, Anti-Griefing Tools, Informational, Teleportation, and World Editing and Management
- 148,464 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Chat Related, Teleportation, Economy, and General
- 136,206 Monthly Downloads
- World Editing and Management and Admin Tools
- 113,310 Monthly Downloads
- General, Mechanics, Forge, and Items and Blocks
- 93,181 Monthly Downloads
- Thermal Expansion
- Fun, General, Items and Blocks, Mechanics, and Forge
- 78,432 Monthly Downloads