Minigames is a plugin in which users can create and play several types of Minigames on a server, without the risk of losing items or XP when they die. Players can also use checkpoints so when they die, they are reverted back to that position.
The Possible Minigame types are:
- Single Player - for jump puzzles, mazes etc.
- Last Man Standing - A multiplayer Free for All (FFA) PvP Minigame
- Race - A Multiplayer race Minigame
- Team Deathmatch - A deathmatch round against 2 teams, first to a defined score wins!
- Deathmatch - A free for all deathmatch round against any predefined amount of players, first to a defined score wins!
- Spleef - Its possible to create custom Spleef arenas, as well as your standard spleef arena.
- Treasure Hunt - A global treasure finding Minigame that is always running
- CTF - An expansion to the Team Deathmatch Minigame.
- Infection - An expansion to the Team Deathmatch Minigame where the infected players must kill all survivors.
- Prizes for completing a Minigame
- Economy support (Requires Vault)
- All command configuration for creating Minigames
- Completely customisable, lots of settings to create your own styled Minigame.
- Ability to create multiple loadouts
- Inventory saving
- XP saving
- Minigame regeneration (slightly limited)
- An automated update checker for OP's (Can be turned off in the main config by setting updateChecker to false)
- SQL completion data storage for websites or more informative data (Requires SQLibrary)
- And lots more!
Click here for videos of this plugin in action.
Minigames was created for players to play games within a server and win prizes for completion, also to let players play PvP games without the risk of losing their hard earned items and XP. Minigames also reward players for completing each Minigame, or with PvP Minigames, the player can be rewarded with 'bets' that players make before they start the Minigame. These bets can be in Economy money or preset items.
These Minigames can be created in any style the player wishes, for example, parkour jump puzzles, mazes and treasure hunts. As well as PvP games like CTF, races and more. You are given a lot of options to add to each Minigame individually, so they are all completely customisable.
Newly Updated! A work in progress wiki, this will hopefully explain all the details of Minigames.
A list of permissions for the plugin.
A full command list for the plugin.
All Minigame signs that can be used
Donate to the Minigames project to show your support! Every little bit helps!
Frequently Asked Questions.
DO NOT post them in the comments as I will lose track of them there.
Development builds for public access. Keep up to date with the newest builds of Minigames.
NOTICE: Development versions are not approved by the BukkitDev team and may break or cause issues with your Minigames. Use at your own risk!
This plugin utilizes Hidendra's plugin metrics system, which means that the following information is collected and sent to mcstats.org:
- A unique identifier
- The server's version of Java
- Whether the server is in offline or online mode
- The plugin's version
- The server's version
- The OS version/name and architecture
- The core count for the CPU
- The number of players online
- The Metrics version
- And the amount of players playing games. Opting out of this service can be done by editing plugins/Plugin Metrics/config.yml and changing opt-out to true.
We Be Pirates (Teaser)
Version 1.6.4BACKUP ALL FILES (INCLUDING MINIGAMES SQL DATABASES) BEFORE UPDATING TO THIS VERSION!!!!!
- Added support for Minecraft's new Player UUIDs, this requires a major edit to all Minigame files (done automatically) once the server is started. PLEASE! BACKUP YOUR FILES BEFORE DOING THIS!
- SQL will also be updated, so make sure you back that up as well.
- Fixed quit bug not ending a Minigame correctly.
- Fixed issue with the "Minigame starts in" message not being displayed in the correct spot if start time is changed by the Minigame.
- Fixed "/mg quit ALL" not working on team games correctly.
- Fixed CTF flags not resetting correctly once the game was over.
- Fixed win saving in SQL (sorry, a lot of stats would have been wrong :/)
- Fixed Scoreboard signs causing an error. You can now use them again!
- Added some stuff for a future API implementation.
- Fixed rewards not being given on non SQL enabled servers.
- Fixed incorrect message late joining a Minigame when it's full.
- Fixed Minigame tool selecting floor degenerator positions 1 block too low.
Please update all floor degenerators for every Minigame. They'll all be in the wrong position!
- Fixed not being able to set blue start points with Minigame tool.
- Fixed global loadouts not being equipped correctly.
- Fixed not being able to deselect start points with the Minigame tool.
- Fixed Minigame Type command not showing the treasure hunt type correctly.
- Fixed lobby deaths causing players to respawn inside the game.
- Fixed players being able to place or break blocks in the lobby.
- Fixed start points not being saved correctly (Specifically when trying to remove them).
- Fixed being able to join a game if no spawn points are set.
- Fixed Minigame Tool not being able to right click air blocks (Easier to set start points now).
- Fixed not being able to join a Minigame using a sign if its name was more than 16 characters in length.
- Regen/Degen areas can be removed by left clicking in those modes (as long as nothing is selected).
- Improved player inventory saving, no longer lags the server upon startup. (All inventories are saved to their own YAML file, yes, it also updates the old YAML file.)
- Improved stored checkpoint saving, no longer lags the server upon startup. (All old checkpoints stored are now saved to their own YAML file, yes, it also updates the old YAML file.)
- Removed “/mg reload” for now, as it currently doesn’t work as intended and causes more issues. A full restart of the server is recommended instead.
- Removed ‘-l’ parameter from the restore block command. Use the Minigame tool if you wish to click the block instead of standing on it.
- BIG CHANGE: Full regeneration has now been added to regeneration areas. This means once the game ends, the full arena will be restored, allowing for TNT and other arena damaging things to work perfectly fine (Also redstone contraptions fully reset).
- Optimised Minigame events. Not as many registered as there were before.
- Stats are no longer recorded if Minigame is finished while its disabled.
- Rewards are no longer given if a Minigame is finished while it is disabled.
- Rewrote Join, Quit and End functions, fixing a heap of bugs and improving its reliability.
- Stopped preventing death on life enabled games and at the end of a game or on the last life of a player.
- Players are now invincible while in a Minigame lobby.
- Added singleplayer max player limit setting (Next to max players in the menu or /mg set <Minigame> spmaxplayers <true/false>)
- Added tab completion to all commands.
- Added join disabled Minigame permission. Allows you to test a game before making it public.
- Added partial name matching to Minigame names. (Fixes 16 character limit on signs).
- Added display names to Minigames. These will only appear in the chat where applicable, for example on join, quit and end. You must still join and edit a game by its actual name.
- Added new options for Minigame lobbys, such as when to teleport (if at all), whether players can interact and if they can move.
- Added regeneration delay, holds off regeneration (and prevents players from joining) for a set amount of time.
- Fixed being able to set start and player wait timers to 0.
- Fixed player inventories sometimes not restoring after death.
- Fixed error when setting an invalid Minigame type via command.
- Fixed error when viewing the info for score types via command.
- Fixed Minigame tool command error when trying to use a command if you don't have the tool.
- Fixed the time taken to execute the inventory move item event. (Hopefully)
- Fixed major issue with infection score type.
- Fixed a problem with the scoreboard sorter.
- Fixed a possible problem with the start command.
- Fixed the create command so you can enter the Minigame Type again.
- Fixed updater versions not comparing correctly (always asking to update).
- Fixed possible problem with the language loader.
- Fixed rewards not saving and loading correctly.
- Fixed loading global loadouts causing an error in some cases.
- Added warning message when joining/leaving a game across worlds (It's not recommended to do so). These can be turned off in the main configs settings under "warnings".
- Added save command (/minigame save <Minigame>)
- Improved SQL queries.
- Removed SQLibrary Dependancy. Now runs SQL without it.
- Added Localisation changing ablility.
- Added more SQL data per Minigame.
- Added score comamnd.
- Added teleport command.
- Added Multiplayer checkpoints option. Allows players to use /mgm revert while in a Multiplayer game.
- Added scoreboard command (SQL stored data only!)
- Added enable all command
- Added disable all command
- Fixed stored checkpoints not storing death count for SQL.
- Fixed bypass that allowed players to create Minigame signs without permission.
- Fixed death null pointer exception.
- Fixed possible error with loading player saves.
- Fixed more NPC errors.
- Fixed corrupt Minigame files stopping other Minigames from working. Will print relevant information to the console if problem occurs.
- Fixed stored player data storing more than 20 hp (causing an error).
- Fixed falling blocks not always rolling back.
- Fixed loadout item duplication.
- Fixed enderpearls not being rolled back after game end (letting people teleport into the game once its over).
- Changed /minigame list command to be OP by default.
- Changed end command, it is now more compatible with teams.
- Changed Game Type names. SP -> Singleplayer, DM -> Free_For_All, TeamDM -> Teams, TH -> Treasure_Hunt. All games will be automatically switched to the new name convention.
- Removed Race game type, now uses free for all with checkpoints turned on. All old race game types will automatically be switched to the new setup.
- Optimised some code.
Improved SQL data
- More player data is now stored to SQL (including when the player quits a game).
- Added failure count
- Added best score
- Added least time
- Added least reverts ("/minigame revert" usage)
- Added total kills
- Added total deaths
- Added total reverts
- Added total time
- Added total score
- Added Scoreboard Signs (SQL stored data only!)
- Can be sorted by all SQL stored statistics.
New Menu System
- Can't remember all those commands? Well don't worry, I have added a new Minigame edit menu that can be brought up by typing: "/minigame edit <Minigame>"
Improved Reward System
- You can now set multiple rewards to be given on initial completion and secondary completion.
- Each reward can have its own rarity (Very Common, Common, Normal, Rare, Very Rare).
- Money and Items are no longer given in unison as a reward, they are now both part of the same reward system.
- Treasure hunt now uses rewards system instead of loadouts, enabling the use of item rarity in the treasure chests.
Added Minigame Tool
- The Minigame tool can be used to set up locations without having to type the command each time. Can be used for start locations, restore area, restore blocks, floor degenerator and more.
- You can now assign items to specific slots using the loadout menu, including the armour slots.
- Armour items are now no longer equipped automatically because of this change.
- Added loadout options, you can now toggle no fall damage and no hunger per loadout.
Custom Score Type
- Added Custom Score Type. Replaces the "none" score type. The custom score type allows for team auto balance unlike the original. This is for the use of command blocks and will have more functionality over time.
- I have created a new wiki using the MediaWiki page layout. This one has up to date information on Minigames 1.6.0 and a couple new (and updated) tutorials. Click Here to check it out.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
- Developer Tools and Admin Tools
- 226,300 Monthly Downloads
- Colored Signs
- Informational and Admin Tools
- 213,479 Monthly Downloads
- World Editing and Management and Admin Tools
- 211,039 Monthly Downloads
- Soartex Fanver
- Mod Support, Animated, Traditional, Modern, and 64x
- 186,671 Monthly Downloads
- Diversity 2
- Adventure, Parkour, Puzzle, Survival, and Game Map
- 178,484 Monthly Downloads