Minigames is a plugin in which users can create and play several types of Minigames on a server, without the risk of losing items or XP when they die. Players can also use checkpoints so when they die, they are reverted back to that position.
The Possible Minigame types are:
- Single Player - for jump puzzles, mazes etc.
- Last Man Standing - A multiplayer Free for All (FFA) PvP Minigame
- Race - A Multiplayer race Minigame
- Team Deathmatch - A deathmatch round against 2 teams, first to a defined score wins!
- Deathmatch - A free for all deathmatch round against any predefined amount of players, first to a defined score wins!
- Spleef - Its possible to create custom Spleef arenas, as well as your standard spleef arena.
- Treasure Hunt - A global treasure finding Minigame that is always running
- CTF - An expansion to the Team Deathmatch Minigame.
- Infection - An expansion to the Team Deathmatch Minigame where the infected players must kill all survivors.
- Prizes for completing a Minigame
- Economy support (Requires Vault)
- All command configuration for creating Minigames
- Completely customisable, lots of settings to create your own styled Minigame.
- Ability to create multiple loadouts
- Inventory saving
- XP saving
- Minigame regeneration (slightly limited)
- An automated update checker for OP's (Can be turned off in the main config by setting updateChecker to false)
- SQL completion data storage for websites or more informative data (Requires SQLibrary)
- And lots more!
Click here for videos of this plugin in action.
Minigames was created for players to play games within a server and win prizes for completion, also to let players play PvP games without the risk of losing their hard earned items and XP. Minigames also reward players for completing each Minigame, or with PvP Minigames, the player can be rewarded with 'bets' that players make before they start the Minigame. These bets can be in Economy money or preset items.
These Minigames can be created in any style the player wishes, for example, parkour jump puzzles, mazes and treasure hunts. As well as PvP games like CTF, races and more. You are given a lot of options to add to each Minigame individually, so they are all completely customisable.
Newly Updated! A work in progress wiki, this will hopefully explain all the details of Minigames.
A list of permissions for the plugin.
A full command list for the plugin.
All Minigame signs that can be used
Donate to the Minigames project to show your support! Every little bit helps!
Frequently Asked Questions.
DO NOT post them in the comments as I will lose track of them there.
New Development builds for public access. Keep up to date with the newest builds of Minigames.
NOTICE: Development versions are not approved by the BukkitDev team and may break or cause issues with your Minigames. Use at your own risk!
Hows this for Regen? (Teaser)
- Fixed being able to set start and player wait timers to 0.
- Fixed player inventories sometimes not restoring after death.
- Fixed error when setting an invalid Minigame type via command.
- Fixed error when viewing the info for score types via command.
- Fixed Minigame tool command error when trying to use a command if you don't have the tool.
- Fixed the time taken to execute the inventory move item event. (Hopefully)
- Fixed major issue with infection score type.
- Fixed a problem with the scoreboard sorter.
- Fixed a possible problem with the start command.
- Fixed the create command so you can enter the Minigame Type again.
- Fixed updater versions not comparing correctly (always asking to update).
- Fixed possible problem with the language loader.
- Fixed rewards not saving and loading correctly.
- Fixed loading global loadouts causing an error in some cases.
- Added warning message when joining/leaving a game across worlds (It's not recommended to do so). These can be turned off in the main configs settings under "warnings".
- Added save command (/minigame save <Minigame>)
- Improved SQL queries.
- Removed SQLibrary Dependancy. Now runs SQL without it.
- Added Localisation changing ablility.
- Added more SQL data per Minigame.
- Added score comamnd.
- Added teleport command.
- Added Multiplayer checkpoints option. Allows players to use /mgm revert while in a Multiplayer game.
- Added scoreboard command (SQL stored data only!)
- Added enable all command
- Added disable all command
- Fixed stored checkpoints not storing death count for SQL.
- Fixed bypass that allowed players to create Minigame signs without permission.
- Fixed death null pointer exception.
- Fixed possible error with loading player saves.
- Fixed more NPC errors.
- Fixed corrupt Minigame files stopping other Minigames from working. Will print relevant information to the console if problem occurs.
- Fixed stored player data storing more than 20 hp (causing an error).
- Fixed falling blocks not always rolling back.
- Fixed loadout item duplication.
- Fixed enderpearls not being rolled back after game end (letting people teleport into the game once its over).
- Changed /minigame list command to be OP by default.
- Changed end command, it is now more compatible with teams.
- Changed Game Type names. SP -> Singleplayer, DM -> Free_For_All, TeamDM -> Teams, TH -> Treasure_Hunt. All games will be automatically switched to the new name convention.
- Removed Race game type, now uses free for all with checkpoints turned on. All old race game types will automatically be switched to the new setup.
- Optimised some code.
Improved SQL data
- More player data is now stored to SQL (including when the player quits a game).
- Added failure count
- Added best score
- Added least time
- Added least reverts ("/minigame revert" usage)
- Added total kills
- Added total deaths
- Added total reverts
- Added total time
- Added total score
- Added Scoreboard Signs (SQL stored data only!)
- Can be sorted by all SQL stored statistics.
New Menu System
- Can't remember all those commands? Well don't worry, I have added a new Minigame edit menu that can be brought up by typing: "/minigame edit <Minigame>"
Improved Reward System
- You can now set multiple rewards to be given on initial completion and secondary completion.
- Each reward can have its own rarity (Very Common, Common, Normal, Rare, Very Rare).
- Money and Items are no longer given in unison as a reward, they are now both part of the same reward system.
- Treasure hunt now uses rewards system instead of loadouts, enabling the use of item rarity in the treasure chests.
Added Minigame Tool
- The Minigame tool can be used to set up locations without having to type the command each time. Can be used for start locations, restore area, restore blocks, floor degenerator and more.
- You can now assign items to specific slots using the loadout menu, including the armour slots.
- Armour items are now no longer equipped automatically because of this change.
- Added loadout options, you can now toggle no fall damage and no hunger per loadout.
Custom Score Type
- Added Custom Score Type. Replaces the "none" score type. The custom score type allows for team auto balance unlike the original. This is for the use of command blocks and will have more functionality over time.
- I have created a new wiki using the MediaWiki page layout. This one has up to date information on Minigames 1.6.0 and a couple new (and updated) tutorials. Click Here to check it out.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
- Frame Protector
- Fixes and Anti-Griefing Tools
- 273,038 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Chat Related, Teleportation, Economy, and General
- 181,325 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Anti-Griefing Tools, Informational, Teleportation, and World Editing and Management
- 161,743 Monthly Downloads
- Role Playing, General, and Fun
- 134,891 Monthly Downloads
- 104,381 Monthly Downloads