If you enjoy fighting monsters for glorious prizes or just the sheer thrill of battle, you and your friends can now join forces against hordes of Minecraft evils in the exciting gladiator-style survival mini-game MobArena!
Heavily inspired by Deminetix' now inactive 'Fight'-plugin, MobArena is a PvE-take on arena-gameplay, with a similar class-based system. Instead of fighting other players, you team up with them to beat oncoming waves of monsters, earning lots of rewards in the process. MobArena can be played alone, or with as many friends as you like!
- Fight oncoming waves of monsters!
- Play on your own, or team up with friends!
- Earn glorious prizes!
- Build your own arena!
- Completely customizable classes, waves and rewards!
- Easy to set up!
- Extremely easy to use!
- Very few user commands!
- Uses Vault for permissions and economies!
This plugin utilises Hidendra's plugin metrics system, which means that the following information is collected and sent to mcstats.org:
- A unique identifier
- The server's version of Java
- Whether the server is in offline or online mode
- The plugin's version
- The server's version
- The OS version/name and architecture
- The core count for the CPU
- The number of players online
- The Metrics version
Opting out of this service can be done by editing plugins/Plugin Metrics/config.yml and changing opt-out to true.
Note: All of the information on the github Wiki will eventually be transfered to this project page.
Setting up MobArena is easy, but it is a little involved. To make your life much easier, I've set up a Wiki for MobArena. It contains a bunch of information and guides on how to set up and customize arenas, an overview of all the commands, how to set up Permissions, frequently asked questions, and more. So head on over to the Wiki, to get MobArena set up right away! :)
MobArena has its own IRC channel (#mobarena @ EsperNet). Click here for a web-based IRC client. Feel free to stop by to get help setting everything up if you really don't understand the Wiki and the instructional video, or to have a chat about MobArena (or anything else, for that matter) :)
- Bosses and waves - a collection of interesting bosses and waves!
- Arena schematics - post your arena schematics for others to use!
HOOKING INTO MOBARENA
MobArena currently has several custom events. You listen to them as you would any normal Bukkit event. For an idea of how to set it up, see these links to dasbreen's ArenaGodPlus plugin:
- MobArena "set up" which at this point is just registering the class that is the MobArena Listener
- MobArena Listener class
If you are experiencing problems with MobArena, please try to follow these simple steps before posting a ticket or asking on IRC, as it will make everything much, much easier for everyone in the troubleshooting and debugging process:
1. Check the server log
The first thing you must do is check the server log for any exceptions (don't know what an exception looks like? Click here). If the exception looks like the following, you are using tabs instead of spaces in your config-file (which is punishable by death):
[SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins\MobArena.jar' in folder 'plugins': while scanning for the next token found character '\t' that cannot start any token in "<reader>", line 15, column 1: Tank: ^
If it doesn't look like that exception, just copy it into a pastebin or a pastie, and include it in your bug report ticket. Please don't post bug reports on the forums, as they are more likely to get lost between all the other posts.
2. Try your setup on a fresh server
If at all possible, try setting up a local test server (don't know how? follow this guide), on which you install nothing but MobArena. Now copy the config-file that you're using on your live server where you experienced the problem, and see if you can reproduce it. If not, you most likely have a conflicting plugin (read the next section).
3. Find possible plugin conflicts
Try removing all other plugins from your server. Do this by stopping the server, moving all the .jar files into a different folder than the plugins-folder, and then starting up the server again. If the problem persists, it's a problem with MobArena, but if not, it's a conflicting plugin, and if so, try to add half of the plugins back at a time (binary search), and test every time you do, so you can figure out which plugin is causing the conflict.
I develop MobArena for the fun of it and the positive feedback is all it takes to make me happy, but a few people have asked for a link, so if you're one of them, here's a link: Donate - You can donate as much (or as little) as you want. Any amount is greatly appreciated! :)
NOTE: WORKS ON 1.6.x AND 1.7.x!
NOTE: YOUR CUSTOM ANNOUNCEMENTS-FILE WILL NOT WORK WITH THIS VERSION!
Use this tool to convert the contents of your announcements.properties into a valid announcements.yml document. If you have made no changes to announcements.properties, you can skip this step - announcements.yml will be automatically generated for you.
NOTE: THE SPAWNPOINT LABELS IN YOUR OLD CONFIG-FILE WILL BE INCOMPATIBLE WITH SETUP MODE!
Use this tool to convert the spawnpoint- and container-labels in your config-file into valid labels that Setup Mode will recognize.
- Update version checker to comply with the Bukkit requirements. This is a pro forma update with no functional changes.
- Fixed a (new) bug with entry-fees. MobArena no longer errors out when a monetary entry-fee is used.
- Revamped the setup process! The setup process of typing in a bunch of hard-to-remember commands has been replaced by Setup Mode, which is invoked by typing '/ma setup <arena>'. Setup Mode gives you a special set of tools that, when used, will set the regions, warps and points of the arena. The Wiki has been updated to reflect the changes.
- Revamped announcements! Announcements can now be found in the announcements.yml file, rather than announcements.properties. The switch to YAML makes it much easier to auto-generate and auto-delete missing or obsolete announcement nodes. The new announcements setup supports color codes using the &-symbol!
- Added mounts for classes! Place a haybale in the player inventory to give them a horse mount. To configure the horse variant and to add barding, use this tool to calculate the correct item stack amount.
- Added new global announcements for arena end, and when the first player joins an arena. Both announcements are optional and can be activated by setting the per-arena settings 'global-end-announce' and 'global-join-announce' to true. The announcements are customizable in the announcement.yml file using the keys arena-end-global and arena-join-global.
- Added new per-arena setting 'isolated-chat'. If true, all chat messages sent by arena players will be seen only by other arena players in the same arena. This is useful if the arena players chat a lot, and the rest of the players on the server consider it spamming. Arena players will still be able to see chat messages from other players, however.
- Added new arena warp 'exit'. The warp is optional. If the warp is set for an arena, players will be teleported to the warp when they leave the arena. This is useful for region-based join-triggering and other situations that require or benefit from a known exit location. The warp can be set using the /ma setwarp exit command, just like with the arena, lobby and spectator warps. Note that this warp does not have to be in the arena world.
- Added per-class lobby permissions. These permissions will be given to players as soon as they pick a class. This is useful if using a special kind of lobby setup where certain permissions are required to e.g. purchase customizable items. Following the exact same permissions syntax as the normal class permissions, the lobby permissions can be set using the "lobby-permissions" node.
- Added support for minor economy values in entry fees and rewards. This means it is now possible to e.g. add rewards of $0.50 or $3.14 instead of just whole numbers like $1 and $3.
- Re-added optional per-class setting 'unbreakable-weapons'. If true, any player of the given class will have any held weapon auto-repaired whenever they deal damage. Defaults to true if not present.
- Added optional per-class setting 'unbreakable-armor'. If true, any player of the given class will have their armor slot items auto-repaired whenever they are damaged. Defaults to true if not present.
- Added missing monster type: babyzombievillager/babyzombievillagers. The Wiki has been updated.
- Added new command '/ma classchest <class>'. Using this command, it is now possible to link a chest to a class directly instead of having to place the chest in a pillar under the class sign. A class can have at most one chest linked, but the chest can be located in any world. This change does not affect current class chest setups.
- Added new command '/ma showlobbyregion (<arena>)'. This command works exactly like the showregion command, but shows, as you might expect, the lobby region frame instead of the arena region frame.
- Added new command '/ma setting <arena> <setting> <value>'. This command can be used to change arena settings, instead of having to edit the config-file! Upon changing a setting, the arena will be reloaded (and force-ended).
- Added support for separate-world leaderboards. This means it is now possible to collect all leaderboards in the same world, even if arenas exist in different worlds. No additional setup is required to get this to work; simply create the leaderboards in a different world.
- Added support for odd filenames, i.e. it is now okay if you rename your MobArena.jar to something else, even though there is no justified motivation to do so. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.
- Changed the way coords are stored in the config-file from integers to floating point numbers (with two decimal places) for coordinates x,y,z. This allows for higher precision with spawnpoints and warps set after this update. Coords set after this update will also include a world-"coordinate" (this is why the linked class chests, exit warps and leaderboards can be in any world).
- (API) Exposed the Commands interface. This means it is now possible to register custom commands in MobArena, or even replace pre-existing commands with new implementations! This could be useful if you want to try to implement e.g. a queue-system or a cooldown for the join command, but also if you want to extend MobArena with new commands.
- (API) Exposed the maximum and minimum player counts for Arena objects; useful for e.g. "status signs".
- (API) Added ArenaKillEvent. This event is called whenever a player kills an entity in the arena (monsters, players, or bosses). This event could be useful for kill counters or kill reward systems.
- (API) Added ArenaCompleteEvent. This event is called when an arena ends due to players reaching and finishing the final wave of an arena. The event contains a set of survivors. This could be useful for rewards systems that want to reward finishing an arena.
- (API) Added method wasLastPlayerStanding() to ArenaPlayerDeathEvent. This method returns true, if the dying player was the last living player in the arena. This could be useful for rewards systems or "survivor" ranking systems.
- Fixed all issues in the arena setup process. This means no more incorrect "must be inside region" messages, no more missing items from classes when punching signs, and no more overwriting of config-files.
- Fixed an item exploit with the spectate command.
- Fixed all item glitching issues using inventory craft slots and holding items on the cursor. Suck it, glitchers!
- Fixed some multiworld inventory issues.
- Fixed (harmless) exceptions thrown on shutdown.
- Fixed flint and steel not working in the arena region in edit mode.
- Fixed an issue with sign interaction being cancelled in the lobby.
- Fixed a bug with the expandlobbyregion command.
- Fixed a bug where lobby players and spectators could take damage.
- Fixed a bug where fireballs and explosions would set blocks on fire.
- Removed Spout features (i.e. class selection, it was broken anyway).
Make sure to check out the FAQ site before asking questions or posting bug reports.
If you have any questions not answered in the FAQ, make sure to hop on IRC. Remember that IRC is "idle chat" (sort of like Steam chat, Skype, etc.), so be patient; we don't stalk the channel 24/7.
As always, make a backup of your world(s) and your MobArena files before installing the new version, just in case.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|MobArena v0.96.2||Beta||CB 1.7.2-R0.2||24,723||01/21/2014|
|MobArena v0.95.5||Beta||CB 1.5.2-R1.0||91,977||07/24/2013|
|MobArena v0.95.4||Beta||CB 1.5.2-R1.0||5,946||07/17/2013|
|MobArena v0.95.3||Beta||CB 1.5.2-R1.0||8,541||07/08/2013|
|MobArena v0.95.2||Beta||CB 1.5.2-R1.0||4,627||07/05/2013|
|MobArena v0.95.1||Beta||CB 1.5.2-R1.0||3,634||07/03/2013|
|MobArena v0.95||Beta||CB 1.5.2-R1.0||9,818||06/26/2013|
|MobArena v0.94.4.97||Beta||CB 1.5.1-R0.2||7,619||05/02/2013|
|MobArena v0.94.4.95||Beta||CB 1.4.7-R1.0||52,048||02/18/2013|
|MobArena v0.94.4.94||Beta||CB 1.4.6-R0.3||51,421||01/17/2013|
|MobArena v0.94.4.91||Beta||CB 1.4.6-R0.1||34,354||12/28/2012|
|MobArena v0.94.4.90||Beta||CB 1.4.5-R1.0||16,762||12/21/2012|
|MobArena v0.94.4.81||Beta||CB 1.3.1-R2.0||160,819||09/18/2012|
|MobArena v0.94.4.80||Beta||CB 1.3.1-R2.0||60,352||08/21/2012|
|MobArena v0.94.4.79||Beta||CB 1.2.5-R5.0||33,537||07/30/2012|
|MobArena v0.94.4.65||Beta||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||94,589||04/14/2012|
|MobArena v0.94.3.24||Beta||CB 1337||81,749||12/03/2011|
|MobArena v0.94.3.11||Beta||CB 1240||15,119||10/03/2011|
|MobArena v0.94.3.6||Beta||CB 1185||3,029||09/27/2011|
|MobArena v0.94.3||Beta||CB 1185||1,799||09/22/2011|
|MobArena v0.94.2||Beta||CB 1060||2,345||09/13/2011|
|MobArena v0.94.1||Beta||CB 1060||2,059||08/25/2011|
- Frame Protector
- Fixes and Anti-Griefing Tools
- 288,909 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Chat Related, Teleportation, Economy, and General
- 164,090 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Anti-Griefing Tools, Informational, Teleportation, and World Editing and Management
- 148,654 Monthly Downloads
- Role Playing, General, and Fun
- 142,529 Monthly Downloads
- 105,250 Monthly Downloads