Adds new item: a parachute. Use it for your protection when climbing in high places or just have fun gliding trough the skies using a parachute with a good steerability.
Current version: v0.2.2 (Supports CB 1.3.1-R1.1)
Note: If you find a bug, please post a detailed Ticket, no vague error message to the forum thread!
Note: This plugin can be quite resource intensive and slow down your server if many players are using it at the same time.
Video by Strange_ice0 (introduces the old basic functionality before v0.2)
The default item used for the parachute is an Egg. To activate the parachute, left click with your mouse when the egg stack is selected. You can alternatively activate an automatic lifesaver function: the "free fall helmet" by moving an egg to the helmet slot in the inventory. The plugin will then detect if you are falling and launch the parachute automatically to save your life.
You can steer the parachute with your mouse. The horizontal speed of the parachute can be changed by tuning the "wind" value from the config.
The time that the parachute is in working state (aka the time before the chicken has a burnout) can be altered from the config file. There you can also add a parachute failure chance if you like to gamble with your life.
By pressing the Shift-key when the parachute is in active state, you can ditch the parachute and continue falling normally. This is useful when you want to get rid of the parachute before the time limit or just land on water or on a specific target.
If you feel like you are a hardcore bow sniper you can also try killing the chute-chicken to drop a player from the skies. I however recommend stacking up some explosive arrows or homing missiles, because hitting the poor creature is extra hard from the distance.
- A parachute with a great controllability. Use your mouse cursor to steer the chute.
- Press sneaking button (by default Shift) while the parachute is active to ditch the parachute.
- A "Free fall helmet". Automatically activated parachute for your protection. Use it like a normal helmet.
- Optional failure chance to parachute activation.
- The parachutes can be killed to drop the player from the skies.
- Parachute material (default: egg) and parachute entity (default: chicken) can be changed from config.
- Custom warning/notice messages
- Supports the standard Bukkit permissions API
Possible Future Features
- Wind will blow the parachute to its direction
- Changing wind speeds
- Changing wind directions
- Stronger wind in stormy weather
- Biome spesific winds
- /parachute reload (Reloads the config file)
parachute.enable: description: Enable/disable the whole plugin for player. default: op parachute.reloadcmd: description: Allows player to use "/parachute reload" in game to reload config. default: op parachute.freefallHelmet: description: Allows player to use the "free fall helmet" default: op parachute.useByClicking: description: Allows player to activate the chute by left clicking default: op
- fallSpeedMul: Affects the fall speed of parachute. e.g if value is 0.4, the speed is 40% of normal falling speed
- wind: Speed of the wind i.e. the horizontal speed of parachute.
- activeTime: Indicates how long time the parachute is active. Set to 0 if you want an unlimited active time.
- failPossibility: Indicates how possible a parachute malfunction is. (Values: 0.0 to 1.0) e.g value 0.3 is 30% chance.
- helmetTriggerAltitude: The number of blocks a player has to fall before the helmet activates. (Used if freefallHelmet is active)
- material: The material used for the parachute. (You can use material ID:s or proper entity names)
- spawn: The parachute animal that is spawned when the parachute activates. (You can use entity ID:s or proper entity names)
- spawnOnFailure: The entity that is spawned if the chute fails (You can use entity ID:s or proper entity names) (the failPossibility has to be larger than 0.0)
- destroyAfterUse: Removes the parachute entity after usage to avoid flooding bigger servers with living entities.
- msg1-4: Messages that are sent if a warning or a notice is needed. These can be left empty by writing '' instead.
More discussion at the forum thread.
- Fixed the plugin to work with CB 1.3.1-R1.1
- Fixed a bug that caused a player to have falling damage if the chute was ditched near ground
- Fixed some inventory problems with newest CB
- Included the source files in JAR
- Tinkers Construct
- Mobs, Processing, Technology, and Armor, Tools, and Weapons
- 341,247 Monthly Downloads
- CoFH Core
- Server Utility and API and Library
- 246,435 Monthly Downloads
- API and Library
- 227,557 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Anti-Griefing Tools, Informational, Teleportation, and World Editing and Management
- 221,970 Monthly Downloads
- World Editing and Management and Admin Tools
- 214,980 Monthly Downloads