PermissionsEx (PEX) is a new permissions plugin, based on Permissions ideas and supports all of its features. But PEX is more! It offers different backends, powerful ingame management, fine grained restrictions for world modification.
Please use forum for help/discussions.
- Support for UUIDs as of version 1.21
- Several backend support. Currently bundled backends is File (YAML) and SQL (MySQL, SQLite). Also it's possible to add your own.
- YAML backend, with new, fully rethinked, config schema. Now all user, groups and their permissions are stored in one file - permission.yml. File name can also be adjusted.
- SQL backend, most delicious. Currently MySQL and SQLite supported, but other DB (like Postgre) are possible too. PEX deploys the DB scheme (tables and initial data) automatically. This means, that you only need to provide data on how to connect to the db, everything else PEX will handle by itself.
- Flexible architecture and API - you can change a lot programmatically.
- Rich chat/console command interface. You can do almost everything ingame. Command list below.
- Modifyworld - Permission-based restrictions mechanism (we call it "modifyworld"), which provides the possibility to control players abilities, such as destroying/placing blocks, riding carts/boats or even getting spotted by mobs and much more. Available from its project page
- Multigroup inheritance. User, as well as Group, can be member of several groups. And inherit their permissions, options and prefix/suffix.
- Permissions based upon Regular Expressions. This mean you can use regular expressions. Example: modifyworld.blocks.(destroy|place).(3|12) - this permission allow place or destroy only sand (12) or dirt (3) blocks. There is still limitation on dot usage in your regexps - dots are escaped by default. Raw regex flag is also available and explained on the wiki.
- Multiworld permissions. Just don't specify world and permission would work in any world.
- Multiworld inheritance. You can inherit different groups in different worlds.
- Perfomance friendly. Low-level caching helps a lot when you have 100+ online users
- Promotional/Demotional system. You can assign ranks to groups and promote/demote users to higher/lower ranked group. NEW: new you can make serveral ranking ladders.
- World-inheritance - permissions/option of one world can be inherited by another world.
- Timed Permissions - you can give user permission only for some amount of time.
- As of version 1.21.1, PermissionsEx automatically updates to keep you up to date with the latest bugfixes and new features. The automatic update functionality will only perform updates between minor releases (for example only 1.21.1->1.21.2, not 1.21.3->1.22). To disable it, set the updater option to false in plugins/PermissionsEx/config.yml.
- Bukkit Permissions (SuperPerms) compatible.
To disable error reporting, create a file called `report-disable` in the plugins/PermissionsEx folder. Note that enabling this option means you WILL NOT get any support for errors because the information published (permissions file, configuration, and versions) is essential to resolving issues.
Special thanks to stuntguy3000 and Gabscap for their important contributions to this release!
NON-REVERTIBLE backend schema changes will occur with this release. Once a server is successfully started with version 1.22, previous versions of PEX will not be able to understand the file or SQL schemas.
- Special thanks to Rocky143 and sk89q's WarmRoast for help tracking down the performance issue resolved in this release.
- Improve performance of SQL backend
- Re-add timed groups
- Correctly remove options deleted during the lifetime of a user from the per-user cache
- Only store last login time for non-virtual players
- Make user renaming a bit more reliable
- Modify bulk uuid conversion to request multiple UUIDs at once and not block the server. This results in a massive performance improvement over the previous method and is functional with Mojang's ratelimiting
- Improve error message when plugins query invalid permissions
- Resolve an issue with SQL schema upgrades that was identified after 1.22.2 was uploaded but before it was approved.
- Make a backup of backend before performing a schema update
- Include number of users in a group when listing users in that group
- Better support for UTF-8 characters in SQL
- Improve interaction with LilyPad's uuid injection
- Slight performance tweaks
- Handle several previous error conditions encountered after errors occurr during startup and PEX disables itself
- Improve error reporting to provide more useful data
- Correct several SQL queries (thanks to Gabscap)
- Fix issues when other plugins try to interact with a disabled PEX
- Improve automatic error reporting
- Fix world inheritance
- Improve file and database schema (NOTE: At this point, reverting to a previous database schema is no longer possible.
- Fix non-inheritable permissions
- Thread-safety tweaks.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|PermissionsEx v1.22.5||Release||CB 1.7.9-R0.2||248,487||09/25/2014|
|PermissionsEx v1.22.4||Release||CB 1.7.9-R0.2||202,330||09/02/2014|
|PermissionsEx v1.22.3||Release||CB 1.7.9-R0.2||117,362||08/12/2014|
|PermissionsEx v1.22.1||Release||CB 1.7.9-R0.1||182,492||07/05/2014|
|PermissionsEx v1.22||Release||CB 1.7.9-R0.1||53,118||06/07/2014|
|PermissionsEx v1.21.4||Release||CB 1.7.9-R0.1||152,745||05/04/2014|
|PermissionsEx v1.21.3||Release||CB 1.7.2-R0.3||95,567||04/19/2014|
|PermissionsEx v1.21.2||Release||CB 1.7.2-R0.3||27,019||04/13/2014|
|PermissionsEx v1.21.1||Release||CB 1.7.2-R0.3||10,683||04/12/2014|
|PermissionsEx v1.21||Release||CB 1.7.2-R0.3||15,544||04/10/2014|
|PermissionsEx v1.19.6 (Package)||Release||1.6.2||202,477||06/08/2013|
|PermissionsEx v1.19.5 (Package)||Release||CB 1.5.1-R0.2||497,606||12/24/2012|
|PermissionsEx v1.19.4 (Package)||Release||1.4.2||136,071||10/31/2012|
|PermissionsEx v1.19.3 (Package)||Release||CB 1.2.5-R4.0||221,169||07/26/2012|
|PermissionsEx v1.19.2 (Package)||Release||CB 1.2.5-R2.0||121,027||05/23/2012|
|PermissionsEx v1.19.1 (Package)||Release||CB 1.2.3-R0.1||134,722||03/09/2012|
|PermissionsEx v1.19 (Package)||Release||CB 1.1-R6||21,357||03/01/2012|
|PermissionsEx v1.18 (Package)||Release||CB 1.1-R1||89,980||01/29/2012|
|PermissionsEx v1.17 (Package)||Release||1.0.0||48,856||12/15/2011|
|PermissionsEx v1.16 (Package)||Release||CB 1337||14,347||11/16/2011|
|PermissionsEx v1.15 (Package)||Release||CB 1317||7,694||10/12/2011|
|PermissionsEx v1.14 (Package)||Release||CB 1185||3,519||09/22/2011|
|PermissionsEx v1.13 (Package)||Release||CB 1060||3,323||08/25/2011|
- Developer Tools and Admin Tools
- 265,473 Monthly Downloads
- World Editing and Management and Admin Tools
- 220,190 Monthly Downloads
- Colored Signs
- Informational and Admin Tools
- 203,577 Monthly Downloads
- Diversity 2
- Adventure, Parkour, Puzzle, Survival, and Game Map
- 199,045 Monthly Downloads
- Soartex Fanver
- Mod Support, Animated, Traditional, Modern, and 64x
- 188,002 Monthly Downloads