PermissionsEx (PEX) is a new permissions plugin, based on Permissions ideas and supports all of its features. But PEX is more! It offers different backends, powerful ingame management, fine grained restrictions for world modification.
Please use forum for help/discussions.
- Several backend support. Currently bundled backends is File (YAML) and SQL (MySQL, SQLite). Also it's possible to add your own.
- YAML backend, with new, fully rethinked, config schema. Now all user, groups and their permissions are stored in one file - permission.yml. BTW file name is adjustable too.
- SQL backend, most delicious. Currently MySQL and SQLite supported, but other DB (like Postgre) are possible too. PEX deploys the DB scheme (tables and initial data) automatically. This means, that you only need to provide data on how to connect to the db, everything else PEX will handle by itself.
- Flexible architecture and API - you can change a lot programmatically.
- Rich chat/console command interface. You can do almost everything ingame. Command list below.
- Modifyworld - Permission-based restrictions mechanism (we call it "modifyworld"), which provides the possibility to control players abilities, such as destroying/placing blocks, riding carts/boats or even getting spotted by mobs and much more. Available from its project page
- Multigroup inheritance. User, as well as Group, can be member of several groups. And inherit their permissions, options and prefix/suffix.
- Permissions based upon Regular Expressions. This mean you can use regular expressions. Example: modifyworld.blocks.(destroy|place).(3|12) - this permission allow place or destroy only sand (12) or dirt (3) blocks. There is still limitation on dot usage in your regexps - dots are escaped by default. Raw regex flag is also available and explained on the wiki.
- Multiworld permissions. Just don't specify world and permission would work in any world.
- Multiworld inheritance. You can inherit different groups in different worlds.
- Perfomance friendly. Low-level caching helps alot when you have 100+ online users
- Promotional/Demotional system. You can assign ranks to groups and promote/demote users to higher/lower ranked group. NEW: new you can make serveral ranking ladders.
- World-inheritance - permissions/option of one world can be inherited by another world.
- Timed Permissions - you can give user permission only for some amount of time.
- Bukkit Permissions (SuperPerms) compatible.
To disable error reporting, create a file called report-disable in the plugins/PermissionsEx. Note that enabling this option means you WILL NOT get any support for errors because the information published (permissions file, configuration, and versions) is essential to resolving issues.
- Performance improvement for SQL backend.
- Add # prefix to user and group names in PEX commands to use provided names verbatim rather than trying to autocomplete
- Remove debug lines accidentally added in 1.20.3
- Fix world-specific permissions when logging into a world that is not the default
- Fix regex support not working properly for ops (permissionsex.disabled permission is now correctly defaulted to false, not the previous value of op
- Fix ordering of permissions in permissible
- Improve data included in error report (plugin list, all arguments for command errors)
- Deregister permissions later on in the logout process
- Fully fix circular inheritance handling
Fix an issue where permissions that are invalid regular expressions would cause issues with permission resolution.
- Fix error reporter to not catch backend load errors (those are handled separately and cause the plugin to disable)
- Redesign superperms integration so that other plugins adding permissions through superperms (region protection plugins, etc) have their nodes handled by PEX.
- Add the $ node prefix to make the node specification given be handled as a raw permission
- Handle cases of circular inheritace by silently ignoring any already visited groups
- Add missing information to data dump (some prefix/suffix)
- Add permission.user-add-groups-last config option (see wiki for details)
- Rewrite SQL backend.
- May improve performance
- deploy option added to backend configuration, see wiki for details
- Improve support for modded versions of CraftBukkit
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|PermissionsEx v1.19.6 (Package)||Release||1.6.2||195,819||06/08/2013|
|PermissionsEx v1.19.5 (Package)||Release||CB 1.5.1-R0.2||491,374||12/24/2012|
|PermissionsEx v1.19.4 (Package)||Release||1.4.2||135,554||10/31/2012|
|PermissionsEx v1.19.3 (Package)||Release||CB 1.2.5-R4.0||218,733||07/26/2012|
|PermissionsEx v1.19.2 (Package)||Release||CB 1.2.5-R2.0||120,590||05/23/2012|
|PermissionsEx v1.19.1 (Package)||Release||CB 1.2.3-R0.1||134,206||03/09/2012|
|PermissionsEx v1.19 (Package)||Release||CB 1.1-R6||21,192||03/01/2012|
|PermissionsEx v1.18 (Package)||Release||CB 1.1-R1||89,488||01/29/2012|
|PermissionsEx v1.17 (Package)||Release||1.0.0||48,732||12/15/2011|
|PermissionsEx v1.16 (Package)||Release||CB 1337||14,242||11/16/2011|
|PermissionsEx v1.15 (Package)||Release||CB 1317||7,605||10/12/2011|
|PermissionsEx v1.14 (Package)||Release||CB 1185||3,449||09/22/2011|
|PermissionsEx v1.13 (Package)||Release||CB 1060||3,117||08/25/2011|
- Frame Protector
- Fixes and Anti-Griefing Tools
- 282,248 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Chat Related, Teleportation, Economy, and General
- 176,977 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Anti-Griefing Tools, Informational, Teleportation, and World Editing and Management
- 159,361 Monthly Downloads
- Role Playing, General, and Fun
- 144,573 Monthly Downloads
- 110,125 Monthly Downloads