There are a lot of plugins out there that I have seen that try to keep the memory fresh and the lag low. Sadly most use an interval type deal where it can shutdown every 8 hours or so. If you want to have the machine running the server to restart as well, then the added time would throw the interval way off and would end up restarting at peak times.
This plugin solves the problems of anyone who wants a simple lightweight daily shutdown/restart at a specific time every day forever.
The config is super simple, on the first line put 0-23 for the hour to stop, and on the second line put 0-59 for the minute you want it to stop. Done!
Blank config file gets made if it does not exist.
- Place JAR in plugins folder
- Run server or reload (prefer reload as you have to stop again)
- It will generate folder and config file, open config
- put hour on first line
- minute on second
- now restart the server
If you want it to stop at midnight you would put
0 0 or 00 00
Those would be read the same, if you want it to stop at 7:37PM you would put
Notes: Do not put anything else before the two lines of time, let alone the entire file. The config will be updated in the next release of the plugin. All times are local to the machine running the server.
This is accomplished in the startup scripts using infinite loops:
Put ":start" on the line before what you want repeated, then "goto start" on the line after what you want repeated to make an infinite loop. Example craftbukkit.bat:
@ECHO OFF SET BINDIR=%~dp0 CD /D "%BINDIR%" :start "%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar goto start
For *nix OSes
Put "while true" <new line> "do" on the lines before what you want repeated, and "done" on the line after to make an infinite loop. Example craftbukkit.sh:
#!/bin/sh BINDIR=$(dirname "$(readlink -fn "$0")") cd "\$BINDIR" while true do java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar echo "If you want to completely stop the server process now, press Ctrl+C before the time is up!" echo "Rebooting in:" for i in 5 4 3 2 1 do echo "$i..." sleep 1 done echo "Rebooting now!" done
On Windows, to exit this infinite loop (i.e., take the server down for good), simply close the command window. On Linux, stop the server then press "Ctrl+C" to cancel the process.
Need Help? Video Tutorial
Tutorial provided with thanks by randycougar
This plugin is super lightweight and simple, taking up next to no memory or processing power
It broadcasts a notice about the approaching shutdown one minute prior.
Scripting from SimpleRestart's Description
- Restart every "x" days - or - restart on mon,wed,fri or every tuesday or whatever you want
- Set time in-game
- A reload command
- Initial release
- World Editing and Management and Admin Tools
- 189,778 Monthly Downloads
- Soartex Fanver
- Mod Support, Animated, Traditional, Modern, and 64x
- 185,609 Monthly Downloads
- Developer Tools and Admin Tools
- 162,468 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Anti-Griefing Tools, Informational, Teleportation, and World Editing and Management
- 158,137 Monthly Downloads
- Tinkers Construct
- Mobs, Processing, Technology, and Armor, Tools, and Weapons
- 138,357 Monthly Downloads