Simple Prefix: Allows you to easily manage your chat with prefixes and suffixes.
This plugin uses prefixes and suffixes that are very easy to configure, inside of a yml config file. You apply prefixes and suffixes per user or group in the /Simple Prefix/config.yml file.
Alternatively, Simple Prefix can be configured to get the prefixes and suffixes from Vault supported chat plugins instead (PermissionsEx, bPermissions, etc.)
You can fully alter the chat format. You are able to achieve the following ingame:
- [Admin] Flabaliki: my message here
Or even, just completely mix and match the template to get the look you want.
Developer API is available to those who wish to access prefixes and suffixes and use them within their own plugin. Click "Metadata" above.
That is all this plugin does, just a lightweight plugin for quickly getting your prefixes and suffixes to work, however you want.
- Uses permissions to apply prefixes and suffixes to selected users or groups.
- Alternatively, can use prefixes and suffixes from plugins supported by Vault.
- Formatting/color codes are fully supported.
- Configure the chat format to display however you want.
- Developer API for fetching prefixes and suffixes
- Easy to use commands for adding / removing prefixes in game!
- Set prefixes and suffixes per group or per user.
- Plays nicely with Essentials /nick command.
- Option to allow multiple prefixes / suffixes, and a configurable separator which is placed between them to separate them.
- A prefix or suffix tier system (so that you can make multiple ranking ladders).
- UUID support
- Place Simple Prefix.jar into your plugins folder
- Restart or reload your server
- Edit your config.yml (see here for info)
Please carefully read the Configuration page!
This video is very outdated. Could we get someone to make a new video that demonstrates what the plugin does, as well as how to set it up?
Commands and Permissions:
|/spr help||Displays help||Depends on other permissions|
|/spr colours||Displays all colour codes||simpleprefix.command.colors|
|/spr p g <group> [prefix]||Add/remove prefix from specified group||simpleprefix.command.editGroups|
|/spr s g <group> [suffix]||Add/remove suffix from specified group||simpleprefix.command.editGroups|
|/spr p u <user> [prefix]||Add/remove prefix from a single player||simpleprefix.command.editIndividual|
|/spr s u <user> [suffix]||Add/remove suffix from a single player||simpleprefix.command.editIndividual|
|/spr p [prefix]||Add/remove prefix from yourself||simpleprefix.command.editOwn|
|/spr s [suffix]||Add/remove suffix from yourself||simpleprefix.command.editOwn|
|/spr w <world> [nickname]||Add/remove a world nickname||simpleprefix.command.editWorld|
|/spr reload||Reloads config from file||simpleprefix.command.reload|
|Permission for all commands||simpleprefix.command.*|
To remove a prefix or suffix, leave [prefix] and [suffix] out of the command
Use the permission simpleprefix.<group name> to add a person to a group.
- MySQL support
What people say about Simple Prefix:
"You're the best! Prior to simplePrefix I spent weeks looking for something that would do prefixes by permissions, and now that I find it, I get functionality AND quick support, as well as new features implemented! <3" - octoshrimpy
"Epic plugin!" - Bammerbom
"Great plugin! :)" - ThisUsernameIsMine
"oh thank god youre updating this...i love the concept of multiple prefixes. its what ive been looking for for a LOOONNNGGG time. im so glad i found this one and itd be awesome to have it updated" - SatansDaughter66 (Written when the 2.3 update was announced)
"Been using this for quite some time, and it's always served our needs well... Thanks for making an awesome plugin! - Islid
As of version 2.3.1, this plugin uses an automatic updater to check if you are running the latest version, and if not, it downloads the latest version. To disable this please set "Auto-Update" to "false" in the config.yml file.
As of version 2.3.2, this plugin connects to "api.mojang.com" when necessary to check for player UUIDs.
If you need help with something, want to report a problem or make a suggestion, you should either make a comment here or send a PM to BaranCODE.
- Added support for Vault chat plugins
- Fixed bug about setting suffixes
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
- Developer Tools and Admin Tools
- 228,462 Monthly Downloads
- World Editing and Management and Admin Tools
- 195,085 Monthly Downloads
- Soartex Fanver
- Mod Support, Animated, Traditional, Modern, and 64x
- 184,052 Monthly Downloads
- Diversity 2
- Adventure, Parkour, Puzzle, Survival, and Game Map
- 183,783 Monthly Downloads
- Ores and Resources, Player Transport, Technology, and Processing
- 145,934 Monthly Downloads