Tekkit Restrict (requires Tekkit Classic)
"My initial opinion of having my own server was that players would get along. Boy, was I wrong. Only 2 days after my server's release, I already had 7 players who duped Gem Armor and blew up spawn about a trillion times. After setting gem armor to a certain rank, they then torched my spawn. After disabling most of EE until a certain playtime rank, they then found their own way around my disabling plugin. (noitem)
Then I decided to make Tekkit Restrict..." - DreadSlicer
- Author: Taeir (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Former Author: DreadEnd (email@example.com)
- Prevention of certain server crashing Tekkit Classic problems, like REP's in a deployer
Ban Items and Blocks
- Ban items and blocks from vanilla Minecraft AND from any mod installed.
- Customizable messages for why something is banned (v1.19+)
- Limit the amount a player can place of a specific kind of block.
- Prevent the use (left/rightclick) of certain items in creative.
- Make players unable to move valuable items over from creative to survival.
- Prevent interaction with other inventories in creative.
- Prevent the dropping of items in creative.
- Disable the right/left clicking with items.
- Highly customizable: Prevent clicking on a block/in the air/in safezones.
- De-charge EE "Tools" upon entering a marked SafeZone.
- Remove most entities in SafeZones. (not including dropped items, vehicles, players, etc.)
- Force Ring of Arcana into "Earth" mode to prevent griefing.
- Advanced integration with WorldGuard and GriefPrevention to mark all regions or specific ones as safezones.
- Basic integration with Towny, Factions and PreciousStones to mark all regions as safezones.
- Remove smelting recipes
- Remove crafting recipes
- Prevent the crafting of banned items and warn players so they don't waste ingredients.
- As of v1.19, Tekkit Restrict can prevent crafting of banned items in ALL crafting tables, including project tables and automatic crafting tables, by integrating with forge.
- Set the maximum EU charge Electrical IC2 items can hold.
- Change the speed at which Electrical IC2 items charge at.
EMC Value Changer
- Set, change or remove EMC values from any item or block.
- Ability to set a command that will be executed after someone has duped x amount of times.
- Anti-Dupes for:
- RM Furnace Dupes
- Alchemy Bag + Void Ring/Black Hole Band Dupes
- Transmutation Table + Klein Star Dupes
- Tank Cart Dupes
- Teleportation Dupe
- Project Table + 2 players Dupe
- Automatic Crafting Table Mk. 2 + Mining Laser/Mining Turtle/BlockBreaker Dupes
- Ability to set a command that will be executed after someone has hacked x amount of times.
- Anti-Hacks for:
- Speed Hacks
- Fly Hacks
- Forcefield Hacks (hit players out of range/out of your field of view)
- Split the server log output into various other files.
- Filter out certain messages so they don't show up in the console.
- Log the usage of EE Tools
- Prevent the use of certain Gem armor abilities
- Forcefully unload chunks when the total number is getting too high.
- Prevent the placement of certain blocks next to locked machines/chests, to prevent people from stealing stuff with buildcraft pipes.
- Display the server time used by each and every eventlistener on the server to see what plugins are causing lag.
- Open and modify the alchemy bags and inventories of people, online and offline.
- Teleport to places where there are alot of items on the ground.
- Patch ComputerCraft to make sure people can't crash your server with ComputerCraft scripts.
- Set the minimum time for RedPower timers to prevent lag.
- Vault - Recommended permissions plugin. (it supports all other permission plugins)
The source is available on GitHub: TekkitRestrict GitHub
Development builds of this project can be acquired at the provided continuous integration server. These builds have not been approved by the BukkitDev staff. Use them at your own risk.
Link temporarily removed
Tekkit Restrict uses Hidendra's plugin metrics system, and as of version 1.18 also uses TMetrics by Taeir. This means that the following information is collected and sent to mcstats.org and metrics.taico.nl:
- A unique identifier
- The server's Java version
- Whether the server is in offline or online mode
- The plugin's version
- The minecraft version of the server
- The OS version/name and architecture
- The amount of CPU cores
- The amount of memory allocated to your server
- The number of players online
- The Metrics version
If you wish to disable Metrics, you can do so by opt-ing out, which you can do in the Metrics config file under /plugins/PluginMetrics/
You can disable TMetrics in the General.config.yml file under /plugins/TekkitRestrict/
Tekkit Restrict has a built-in auto-updater, which connects to BukkitDev to check for updates. If you want to change or disable this behaviour, you can change the update settings in the General.config.yml file.
[TekkitRestrict v1.20 Release Changes]
Note: I highly recommend updating to this version, as the limiter is broken in 1.19.
- Fixed limiter not saving correctly
- Increased performance and decreased memory usage.
- Added fix for Alchemy Chest dupes when you break the chest while someone else is looking in it.
- Added a /tr banned command that lists banned items (WIP)
- Fixed /checklimits command sometimes not giving any information back
- Fixed some potential NPE's regarding the database.
- Fixed a bug in CCPatch where it could corrupt the computercraft file (chance of 1 in 36). Corrupted files will be automatically fixed.
- Fixed bug with quarries not selecting the proper area.
- Fixed all other landmark problems related to Tekkit Restrict.
[TekkitRestrict v1.19 Release Changes]
- Fixed bug where certain preset modgroups were not interpeted correctly.
- Fixed metrics not sending version correctly
- Changed updater to comply with new policy
- Added better crafting handler. This one also handles crafting on automatic crafting tables, project tables etc., and will give you the items back you used for crafting that banned item.
[TekkitRestrict v1.18 Release Changes]
- Removed most cache interactions and replaced them with a more efficient system.
- Improved Efficiency and Performance
- Added messages to DisabledItems, Limiter, NoClick and LWCProtect. You can now set messages that will be displayed when a user tries to obtain a banned items, places more than the limits of a block, etc. See: Ways to describe an Item
- Added TMetrics. Lately, MCStats hasn't been very reliable so I decided to make my own metrics system. It reports the same things as MCStats does, with the exception that it also sends the memory allocated to the server.
- Added a notice that appears after all plugins have loaded if there were any warnings/errors thrown while loading TekkitRestrict.
- Added debug command
- Added /tr admin reload subcommands to only reload certain parts of TekkitRestrict.
- You can now check someone's limits if he is offline.
- You can now clear someone's limits if he is offline.
- use /tr warnings <load|config|other> to view warnings that occurred since TekkitRestrict has been running.
Dupes And Hacks
- Added fix for Mining Laser + Automatic Crafting Table MK II dupe
- Improved Hack Handling
- Added Use-Command-On-Hack and Use-Command-On-Dupe
- Configs now update alot better and keep your settings. If settings were readable in the last version, they will be in this and the next version.
- Changed Hack.config.yml to HackDupe.config.yml
- Improved the layout of the HackDupe config.
- Fixed a bug where TekkitRestrict ignored the settings in the Hack.config.yml
- Removed MicroPermissions and replaced them with GroupPermissions.
- Limiter now works as it should and interprets configlimit correctly
- Limiter now supports group permissions (tekkitrestrict.limiter.ee.2)
- Limiter now uses a permission cache. If you change someone's limiter permissions, use /tr admin reload limiter for it to update.
- Fixed MySql database issues
- Fixed /tr emc commands
- Entity remover now removes entities per chunk, lowering the chance of errors and problems.
- Fixed Gem Armor blocker
- Fixed bug where NoClick doesn't work properly when you click on the air (ticket 279)
- Added potential fix for ComputerCraft turtles + Automatic Crafting Tables MK2 dupe. (ticket 286)
- Added fix for Automatic Crafting Table MK2 and Block breaker dupe. (ticket 282)
- Fixed typo's in error messages.
- Fixed openalc bug when the viewer of the bag is also the owner of that bag.
- Fixed bugs with RPTimerSetter. (It now works perfectly)
- Fixed bug where the forcefield anti-hack triggered when you shot someone with an arrow.
- Fixed alot of crashes when putting certain items in the Deployer.
- Improved SafeZone efficiency so that threads can check safezones faster.
- Generalized warning messages.
[TekkitRestrict v1.17 Release Changes]
- Fixed critical bug where openalc could cause clients to freeze and servers to crash.
[TekkitRestrict v1.16 Release Changes]
Note: The config files have changed again, but this time they should automatically be updated.
- Added option to patch computercraft to prevent certain ComputerCraft scripts from crashing your server.
- Added MySQL support.
- Added more error messages and better error reporting.
- Fixed alot of bugs I found while enabling more error messages.
- Possibly fixed quarries not working/not quarrying the proper area.
- Fixed safezones not storing locations.
- SafeZones now cause less lag.
- /tr admin safezone check now reports correct information.
- Fixed specific griefprevention safezones
- Fixed banned items not being removed all at once from someones inventory.
- Fixed critical bug where players with similar names could share limits.
- Fixed bug where limiter permissions didn't work.
- Fixed limiter not always checking the config for limits.
- Fixed bug where limiter sometimes didn't remove limits when someone else removed a players blocks.
- Removed some inventory checks for banned items in creative to prevent players from crashing.
- Made noitem, limiter and limitedcreative faster in checking for banned items.
- Cleaned up code
- Fixed the chunkunloader
- Added more options for the chunkunloader:
- Per world max chunks and the order in which to unload chunks.
- Fixed /openalc
- Fixed /openalc randomly closing
- Added some missing help information
- Added /tr about
- Added /tr warnings - Displays warnings that were thrown during load. (they often get missed in the long list of logmessages)
- Fixed updater bug
- Updated metrics to the new version.
- Cleaned up database code
- Added more and more informative database messages
- Added MySQL support.
- Fixed RPTimer not setting Timers to the correct time.
- Wrote some implementation for my upcoming EEPatch release.
- Note: Unless if you have my EEPatch release, you will not notice any changes.
- Admin Tools, Anti-Griefing Tools, Informational, Teleportation, and World Editing and Management
- 150,064 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Chat Related, Teleportation, Economy, and General
- 139,418 Monthly Downloads
- World Editing and Management and Admin Tools
- 115,313 Monthly Downloads
- General, Mechanics, Forge, and Items and Blocks
- 93,952 Monthly Downloads
- Thermal Expansion
- Fun, General, Items and Blocks, Mechanics, and Forge
- 81,214 Monthly Downloads