WorldEdit is an easy-to-use in-game world editor for Minecraft, supporting both single player and multiplayer, that lets you:
- Quickly create, replace or delete thousands of blocks in seconds
- Level an entire mountain and replace it with natural looking terrain (with brush tools)
- Generate spheres, cylinders, cuboids, forests, pumpkin patches, and snowy areas
- Use your compass to quickly teleport to areas by left clicking or using /jumpto
- Choose an area and have it instantly restored from backups
- Copy areas, paste them, load them, and save them as .schematics
Development builds of WorldEdit can be found at our build server, http://builds.enginehub.org. These builds have various improvements and bugfixes over the versions you will find here on BukkitDev, and will always be up to date.
Disclaimer: Development builds of this project can be acquired at the provided continuous integration server. These builds have not been approved by the BukkitDev staff.
- Got a question about WorldEdit? Need server or code help? Consider asking on the forum too!
- Protect your server! WorldEdit also works with WorldGuard.
- Want the warps? homes? basics? Try CommandBook.
- Make your server even more fun! Give CraftBook a try!
- Want to try out my custom open source Minecraft launcher? Try out my launcher!
- Plugin developers! Learn how to get a player's selection with code.
Quote from the author:
These are instructions for Bukkit. If you are on single player or something else, the installation wiki article better serves you.
- Download WorldEdit and extract the WorldEdit.jar file into your "plugins/" folder
- Give out permissions, as per the WorldEdit wiki (give worldedit.* for all).
- Run your server and WorldEdit is installed.
Want more features, faster? We need some help with something!
What are the permissions? The commands? Check out the wiki below.
- Project leader: Contact @sk89q on Twitter
- Lead developers: sk89q, TomyLobo, wizjany, and zml2008
- Project started: In August 2010 (Bukkit was started January 2011)
Check out sk89q's server:
Protect your server! WorldEdit also works with WorldGuard.
Want the warps? homes? basics? Try CommandBook.
Make your server even more fun! Give CraftBook a try!
Changes in v5.5.8:
- Update for Minecraft 1.6.2 and 1.6.4
- Made generation commands respect max-radius config setting
- Fixed use-inventory overrides not being applied in certain cases
- Made //move work with non-cuboid regions
- Added a convex polyhedron selector
- Made clipboard work with non-cuboid regions
Changes in v5.5.7:
- Updated for Minecraft 1.6 (and 1.6.1)
- Fixed a bug with GroupManager detection.
- Added a coordinate argument for //chunk.
- Allowed cyclinder selector to by changed to a rough polygon.
Changes in v5.5.6:
- Updated for Minecraft 1.5.2.
- Pistons can now be rotated with cycler tool.
- Hoppers no longer lose orientation.
- Using //setbiome now respects global biome masks.
- Fixed an issue with certain blocks that had multiple possible TileEntities. (mods only)
- Added console support for /remove command. (removes from ALL worlds).
Changes in v5.5.5:
- Added compatibility for CraftBukkit builds running MC 1.5.1.
Changes in v5.5.4:
- Fixed a bug caused by MC 1.5 where block updates were not being sent.
Changes in v5.5.3:
- Updated WorldEdit to not crash due to the minecart API change.
Changes in v5.5.2:
- Update to MineCraft 1.5.
- Fixed //flip going the wrong direction in certain cases.
- Fixed 4096 block id support in schematics and snapshots.
- Fixed max-blocks-changed not being used.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|WorldEdit 5.5.8 (JAR only)||Release||1.6.4||18,625||09/21/2013|
|WorldEdit 5.5.7 (JAR only)||Release||1.6.1||31,123||07/02/2013|
|WorldEdit 5.5.6 (JAR only)||Release||1.5.2||37,957||05/03/2013|
|WorldEdit 5.5.5 (JAR only)||Release||1.5.1||25,035||03/20/2013|
|WorldEdit 5.5.4 (JAR only)||Release||1.5.0||2,673||03/17/2013|
|WorldEdit 5.5.2 (JAR only)||Release||1.5.0||3,427||03/15/2013|
|WorldEdit 5.5.1 (JAR only)||Release||1.4.7||27,511||01/20/2013|
|WorldEdit 5.5||Release||CB 1.4.6-R0.3||107,773||01/13/2013|
|WorldEdit 5.5 (JAR only)||Release||CB 1.4.6-R0.3||7,095||01/13/2013|
|WorldEdit 5.4.5||Release||CB 1.4.2-R0.2||602,406||11/03/2012|
|WorldEdit 5.4.5 (JAR only)||Release||CB 1.4.2-R0.2||24,572||11/03/2012|
|WorldEdit 5.4.3||Release||CB 1.3.2-R2.0||178,063||10/19/2012|
|WorldEdit 5.4.3 (JAR only)||Release||CB 1.3.2-R2.0||4,146||10/19/2012|
|WorldEdit 5.4.2||Release||CB 1.3.1-R2.0||413,822||08/24/2012|
|WorldEdit 5.4.2 (JAR only)||Release||CB 1.3.1-R2.0||10,630||08/24/2012|
|WorldEdit 5.4.1||Release||CB 1.3.1-R2.0||5,573||08/24/2012|
|WorldEdit 5.4.1 (JAR only)||Release||CB 1.3.1-R2.0||1,065||08/24/2012|
|WorldEdit 5.4||Release||CB 1.3.1-R2.0||9,500||08/24/2012|
|WorldEdit 5.4 (JAR only)||Release||CB 1.3.1-R2.0||3,039||08/24/2012|
|WorldEdit 5.3||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||1,246,173||03/31/2012|
|WorldEdit 5.3 (jar only)||Release||CB 1.2.4-R1.0||29,497||03/31/2012|
|WorldEdit 5.2||Release||CB 1.1-R3||544,888||02/11/2012|
|WorldEdit 5.1.1||Release||CB 1.1-R3||362,122||01/22/2012|
|WorldEdit 5.1||Release||CB 1.0.1-R1||120,409||01/16/2012|
|WorldEdit 5.0||Release||CB 1.0.1-R1||499,141||12/12/2011|
|WorldEdit 4.7||Release||CB 1337||450,237||10/01/2011|
|WorldEdit 4.6 (jar only)||Release||54,892||08/24/2011|
- Admin Tools, Anti-Griefing Tools, Informational, Teleportation, and World Editing and Management
- 142,364 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Chat Related, Teleportation, Economy, and General
- 129,206 Monthly Downloads
- World Editing and Management and Admin Tools
- 93,665 Monthly Downloads
- General, Mechanics, Forge, and Items and Blocks
- 89,514 Monthly Downloads
- Thermal Expansion
- Fun, General, Items and Blocks, Mechanics, and Forge
- 66,702 Monthly Downloads