WorldGuard is a powerful plugin with a large bag of tricks for server owners, server map makers, regular survival servers, and everyone in between!
- Create zones in your world that only permit mods or certain players from building within
- Set additional game rules on your server (deny wither block damage, falling damage, etc.)
- Set game rules on specific areas (food regen, health regen, disable PvP, TNT, control mob damage) in your world
- Blacklist certain items and blocks so they can't be used
- Dump useful statistics and information about your server (/wg report -p)
- CPU profile your server (/wg profile -p)
- Add useful commands like an immediate "STOP ALL FIRE SPREAD" command.
- Works, more or less, with mods (other Bukkit plugins and FTB mods)
- Protects against many types of grief (fire spread, tree growth, TNT cannons, piston machines, crop trampling, paintings and item frames, etc.), and certain interactions can also be allowed (door open, lever usage, etc.)
- Well documented, and one of the oldest Minecraft projects (older than Bukkit!)
- Open source
- Enable only features you want! Everything is off by default. You can just install WorldGuard and configure it later.
How do I install WorldGuard?
- Download WorldEdit (required by WorldGuard) and extract the WorldEdit.jar file into your "plugins/" folder.
- Download WorldGuard and extract the WorldGuard.jar file into your "plugins/" folder.
- Run your server!
Where do I learn how to use WorldGuard?
To learn how to use WorldGuard, there are current two sources of documentation:
Where can I get my questions answered?
If you have a question:
Where can I report bugs or request features?
Visit our issue tracker.
Can I download WorldGuard source code?
Visit our GitHub repository. WorldGuard is licensed under LGPLv3 and you can compile it with Maven.
Check out my Minecraft server!
Changes in v5.9:
- Added a config option to allow explosion flags to only prevent block damage
- Added allow-tamed-spawns setting, on by default. This will stop WorldGuard from culling tamed animals.
- Added config option and flag to prevent soil from drying naturally.
- Added formatting codes, &k/l/m/n/o and &x (reset).
- Added snow-fall-blocks option to config to restrict snow fall to certain blocks
- Allow players to add newlines (\n) via command, not just manually in yml.
- Allow the console to load/save all region managers with one command.
- Changed entity report format slightly.
- Check bypass perms for item-drop flag.
- Check for entities and projectiles removing items from frames too.
- Fix being able to use bonemeal to turn tall grass into double plants.
- Fix number of arguments for migratedb command.
- Fixed addowner/addmember commands adding command artifacts. Specifically, "-w <world>" will no longer be added when using it.
- Fixed milking cows in protected areas due to changes in Bukkit.
- Fixed ProtectedCuboidRegion::getPoints() returning points in wrong order.
- Fixed snowman trails being treated as snow fall.
- Make /rg list default to own regions if the player doesn't have permission otherwise.
- Protected items in item frames in protected regions.
- Resolved an issue where explosions of type OTHER_EXPLOSION were ignoring the world configuration settings.
- Send item-use blacklist event when right-clicking entities.
- Transformed the BlockFadeEvent handler into a switch.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|WorldGuard 6.0 Beta 5||Beta||1.8.1||30,300||01/20/2015|
|WorldGuard 6.0 Beta 4||Beta||1.8.1||7,694||01/13/2015|
|WorldGuard 6.0 Beta 3 (MC 1.7.10 and 1.8)||Beta||1.8.1||11,026||01/07/2015|
|WorldGuard 6.0 Beta 2||Beta||CB 1.7.9-R0.2||85,453||08/31/2014|
|WorldGuard 5.9 (JAR only)||Release||1.7.4||80,364||02/28/2014|
|WorldGuard 5.8 (JAR only)||Release||1.6.2||37,163||07/16/2013|
|WorldGuard 5.7.5 (JAR only)||Release||1.5.2||27,297||05/26/2013|
|WorldGuard 5.7.4 (JAR only)||Release||1.5.2||8,005||05/18/2013|
|WorldGuard 5.7.3 (JAR only)||Release||1.5.0||23,620||03/17/2013|
|WorldGuard 5.7.2 (JAR only)||Release||1.5.0||2,220||03/15/2013|
|WorldGuard 5.7.1 (JAR only)||Release||1.4.7||10,346||01/30/2013|
|WorldGuard 5.7||Release||CB 1.4.6-R0.3||85,819||01/13/2013|
|WorldGuard 5.7 (JAR only)||Release||CB 1.4.6-R0.3||4,192||01/13/2013|
|WorldGuard 5.6.5||Release||CB 1.4.2-R0.2||233,507||11/07/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.6.5 (JAR only)||Release||CB 1.4.2-R0.2||7,610||11/07/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.6.3||Release||CB 1.4.2-R0.2||13,127||11/05/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.6.3 (JAR only)||Release||CB 1.4.2-R0.2||1,322||11/05/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.6.2||Release||CB 1.4.2-R0.2||6,007||11/04/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.6.2 (JAR only)||Release||CB 1.4.2-R0.2||785||11/04/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.6||Release||CB 1.4.2-R0.2||12,005||11/03/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.6 (JAR only)||Release||CB 1.4.2-R0.2||935||11/03/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.5.4||Release||CB 1.3.2-R1.0||132,074||10/07/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.5.3||Release||CB 1.2.5-R4.0||290,417||07/07/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.5.2 (jar only)||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||444,256||04/10/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.5.2||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||16,087||04/10/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.5.1||Release||CB 1.1-R4||230,253||02/24/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.5||Release||CB 1.1-R3||125,126||02/11/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.4||Release||CB 1.0.1-R1||348,928||12/17/2011|
|WorldGuard 5.3||Release||CB 1185||224,132||10/01/2011|
- World Editing and Management and Admin Tools
- 371,117 Monthly Downloads
- Soartex Fanver
- Animated, Traditional, Modern, and 64x
- 241,151 Monthly Downloads
- Tinkers Construct
- Mobs, Processing, Technology, and Armor, Tools, and Weapons
- 214,416 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Anti-Griefing Tools, Informational, Teleportation, and World Editing and Management
- 183,083 Monthly Downloads
- Mine & Blade: Battlegear 2
- Armor, Tools, and Weapons, API and Library, and Adventure and RPG
- 152,355 Monthly Downloads