WorldGuard is a powerful plugin providing all the little things (and some big ones), and it protects your servers from various problems.
- Block creeper and wither block damage, falling damage, etc.;
- Disable fire spread, lava fire spread, ice formation, Endermen picking up blocks, etc.;
- Blacklist certain items and blocks so they can't be used;
- Warn moderators when certain items and blocks are used;
- Protect areas of your world so only certain people can build in them;
- Set areas where PVP, TNT, mob damage, and other features are disabled;
- Protect your server from various 'exploits' like magical obsidian creation machines;
- Disable, or enable, various Minecraft features, like sponges from classic;
- Add useful commands like an immediate "STOP ALL FIRE SPREAD" command.
- Enable only features you want! Everything is off by default.
- Got a question about WorldGuard? Need server or code help? Consider asking on the forum too!
Quote from the author:
Bukkit is currently required. In the future, WorldGuard will be available for Forge and other APIs.
- Install WorldEdit first. (DON'T FORGET THIS)
- Download WorldGuard and install it the same way.
- Run your server once to generate the files.
- Edit plugins/WorldGuard/config.yml to your liking.
- Use the command /wg reload to reload your configuration (use worldguard.* for all permissions).
To setup protected regions or the blacklist, you'll have to read the wiki (see below).
What are the permissions? The commands? Check out the wiki below.
- Project leader: Contact @sk89q on Twitter
- Lead developers: sk89q, TomyLobo, wizjany, and zml2008
- Project started: In December 2010 (Bukkit was started January 2011)
Check out sk89q's server:
Changes in v5.8:
Highlight: Support for MC 1.6.1 and 1.6.2
- BREAKING CHANGE: This version has been built for versions of Bukkit for MC 1.6.1 and newer. Do not try to use this version of WG on an older Bukkit version.
- Added support for Minecraft 1.6+. Actual support of new 1.6 additions is dependant on Bukkit. Please use a newer build of Bukkit if, for example, you seem to be unable to add "Horses" to your lists of entities.
- Added mobs.disable-snowman-trails to disable the trails left by walking snowmen.
- Added -a flag to /region removeowner and /region removemember to remove all objects.
- Teleporting is now handled by entry/exit flags. If this is causing people to get entirely stuck inside entry/exit deny regions, set the new setting 'use-player-teleports' to 'false' in your configuration.
- Updated formatting for region commands, especially /region info.
- Changed permissions checking for /region commands to be more consistent, checking for region IDs as a sub-node. This means that if some permissions for some region commands no longer work, add '.*' to the end of permission lines for WG in your permission plugin.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|WorldGuard 5.8 (JAR only)||Release||1.6.2||18,030||07/16/2013|
|WorldGuard 5.7.5 (JAR only)||Release||1.5.2||14,285||05/26/2013|
|WorldGuard 5.7.4 (JAR only)||Release||1.5.2||2,852||05/18/2013|
|WorldGuard 5.7.3 (JAR only)||Release||1.5.0||19,330||03/17/2013|
|WorldGuard 5.7.2 (JAR only)||Release||1.5.0||1,976||03/15/2013|
|WorldGuard 5.7.1 (JAR only)||Release||1.4.7||8,999||01/30/2013|
|WorldGuard 5.7||Release||CB 1.4.6-R0.3||85,061||01/13/2013|
|WorldGuard 5.7 (JAR only)||Release||CB 1.4.6-R0.3||3,867||01/13/2013|
|WorldGuard 5.6.5||Release||CB 1.4.2-R0.2||229,498||11/07/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.6.5 (JAR only)||Release||CB 1.4.2-R0.2||6,943||11/07/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.6.3||Release||CB 1.4.2-R0.2||12,787||11/05/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.6.3 (JAR only)||Release||CB 1.4.2-R0.2||972||11/05/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.6.2||Release||CB 1.4.2-R0.2||5,760||11/04/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.6.2 (JAR only)||Release||CB 1.4.2-R0.2||528||11/04/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.6||Release||CB 1.4.2-R0.2||11,791||11/03/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.6 (JAR only)||Release||CB 1.4.2-R0.2||735||11/03/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.5.4||Release||CB 1.3.2-R1.0||129,556||10/07/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.5.3||Release||CB 1.2.5-R4.0||288,491||07/07/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.5.2 (jar only)||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||438,263||04/10/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.5.2||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||15,619||04/10/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.5.1||Release||CB 1.1-R4||229,537||02/24/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.5||Release||CB 1.1-R3||124,956||02/11/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.4||Release||CB 1.0.1-R1||348,479||12/17/2011|
|WorldGuard 5.3||Release||CB 1185||223,559||10/01/2011|
- Admin Tools, Anti-Griefing Tools, Informational, Teleportation, and World Editing and Management
- 150,941 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Chat Related, Teleportation, Economy, and General
- 138,050 Monthly Downloads
- World Editing and Management and Admin Tools
- 114,497 Monthly Downloads
- General, Mechanics, Forge, and Items and Blocks
- 94,392 Monthly Downloads
- Thermal Expansion
- Fun, General, Items and Blocks, Mechanics, and Forge
- 76,788 Monthly Downloads