WorldGuard is a powerful plugin providing (1) area-specific protection, (2) world protection, (3) additional game rules, (4) blacklisting, and (5) various utilities.
- Block creeper and wither block damage, falling damage, etc.;
- Disable fire spread, lava fire spread, ice formation, Endermen picking up blocks, etc.;
- Blacklist certain items and blocks so they can't be used;
- Warn moderators when certain items and blocks are used;
- Protect areas of your world so only certain people can build in them;
- Set areas where PVP, TNT, mob damage, and other features are disabled;
- Protect your server from various 'exploits' like magical obsidian creation machines;
- Disable, or enable, various Minecraft features, like sponges from classic;
- Add useful commands like an immediate "STOP ALL FIRE SPREAD" command.
- Enable only features you want! Everything is off by default.
WARNING: Certain versions of GroupManager and PEX are extremely slow when checking permissions, particular if you have a lot of users or groups. If you are finding WG showing up in "timings" reports, then it is most likely caused by your permissions plugin being slow. To diagnose lag, we recommend using WarmRoast.
How do I install WorldGuard?
- Download WorldEdit (required by WorldGuard) and extract the WorldEdit.jar file into your "plugins/" folder.
- Download WorldGuard and extract the WorldGuard.jar file into your "plugins/" folder.
- Run your server!
- Read our wiki to learn how to use WorldGuard.
Where do I learn how to use WorldGuard?
To learn how to use WorldGuard, read our wiki.
Where can I get my questions answered?
Where can I report bugs or request features?
Can I download WorldGuard source code?
Visit our GitHub repository. WorldGuard is licensed under LGPLv3 and you can compile it with Maven.
Check out my Minecraft server!
Changes in v5.9:
- Added a config option to allow explosion flags to only prevent block damage
- Added allow-tamed-spawns setting, on by default. This will stop WorldGuard from culling tamed animals.
- Added config option and flag to prevent soil from drying naturally.
- Added formatting codes, &k/l/m/n/o and &x (reset).
- Added snow-fall-blocks option to config to restrict snow fall to certain blocks
- Allow players to add newlines (\n) via command, not just manually in yml.
- Allow the console to load/save all region managers with one command.
- Changed entity report format slightly.
- Check bypass perms for item-drop flag.
- Check for entities and projectiles removing items from frames too.
- Fix being able to use bonemeal to turn tall grass into double plants.
- Fix number of arguments for migratedb command.
- Fixed addowner/addmember commands adding command artifacts. Specifically, "-w <world>" will no longer be added when using it.
- Fixed milking cows in protected areas due to changes in Bukkit.
- Fixed ProtectedCuboidRegion::getPoints() returning points in wrong order.
- Fixed snowman trails being treated as snow fall.
- Make /rg list default to own regions if the player doesn't have permission otherwise.
- Protected items in item frames in protected regions.
- Resolved an issue where explosions of type OTHER_EXPLOSION were ignoring the world configuration settings.
- Send item-use blacklist event when right-clicking entities.
- Transformed the BlockFadeEvent handler into a switch.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|WorldGuard 6.0 Beta 2||Beta||CB 1.7.9-R0.2||61,996||08/31/2014|
|WorldGuard 5.9 (JAR only)||Release||1.7.4||66,239||02/28/2014|
|WorldGuard 5.8 (JAR only)||Release||1.6.2||36,220||07/16/2013|
|WorldGuard 5.7.5 (JAR only)||Release||1.5.2||24,640||05/26/2013|
|WorldGuard 5.7.4 (JAR only)||Release||1.5.2||7,345||05/18/2013|
|WorldGuard 5.7.3 (JAR only)||Release||1.5.0||23,522||03/17/2013|
|WorldGuard 5.7.2 (JAR only)||Release||1.5.0||2,174||03/15/2013|
|WorldGuard 5.7.1 (JAR only)||Release||1.4.7||10,166||01/30/2013|
|WorldGuard 5.7||Release||CB 1.4.6-R0.3||85,727||01/13/2013|
|WorldGuard 5.7 (JAR only)||Release||CB 1.4.6-R0.3||4,120||01/13/2013|
|WorldGuard 5.6.5||Release||CB 1.4.2-R0.2||233,127||11/07/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.6.5 (JAR only)||Release||CB 1.4.2-R0.2||7,501||11/07/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.6.3||Release||CB 1.4.2-R0.2||13,077||11/05/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.6.3 (JAR only)||Release||CB 1.4.2-R0.2||1,289||11/05/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.6.2||Release||CB 1.4.2-R0.2||5,977||11/04/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.6.2 (JAR only)||Release||CB 1.4.2-R0.2||758||11/04/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.6||Release||CB 1.4.2-R0.2||11,979||11/03/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.6 (JAR only)||Release||CB 1.4.2-R0.2||907||11/03/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.5.4||Release||CB 1.3.2-R1.0||131,975||10/07/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.5.3||Release||CB 1.2.5-R4.0||290,174||07/07/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.5.2 (jar only)||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||443,679||04/10/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.5.2||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||16,017||04/10/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.5.1||Release||CB 1.1-R4||230,182||02/24/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.5||Release||CB 1.1-R3||125,094||02/11/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.4||Release||CB 1.0.1-R1||348,876||12/17/2011|
|WorldGuard 5.3||Release||CB 1185||224,054||10/01/2011|
- World Editing and Management and Admin Tools
- 189,778 Monthly Downloads
- Soartex Fanver
- Mod Support, Animated, Traditional, Modern, and 64x
- 184,787 Monthly Downloads
- Developer Tools and Admin Tools
- 162,468 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Anti-Griefing Tools, Informational, Teleportation, and World Editing and Management
- 158,137 Monthly Downloads
- Tinkers Construct
- Mobs, Processing, Technology, and Armor, Tools, and Weapons
- 138,357 Monthly Downloads