WorldGuard is a powerful plugin providing all the little things (and some big ones), and it protects your servers from various problems.
- Block creeper and wither block damage, falling damage, etc.;
- Disable fire spread, lava fire spread, ice formation, Endermen picking up blocks, etc.;
- Blacklist certain items and blocks so they can't be used;
- Warn moderators when certain items and blocks are used;
- Protect areas of your world so only certain people can build in them;
- Set areas where PVP, TNT, mob damage, and other features are disabled;
- Protect your server from various 'exploits' like magical obsidian creation machines;
- Disable, or enable, various Minecraft features, like sponges from classic;
- Add useful commands like an immediate "STOP ALL FIRE SPREAD" command.
- Enable only features you want! Everything is off by default.
- Got a question about WorldGuard? Need server or code help? Consider asking on the forum too!
Quote from the author:
Bukkit is currently required. In the future, WorldGuard will be available for Forge and other APIs.
- Install WorldEdit first. (DON'T FORGET THIS)
- Download WorldGuard and install it the same way.
- Run your server once to generate the files.
- Edit plugins/WorldGuard/config.yml to your liking.
- Use the command /wg reload to reload your configuration (use worldguard.* for all permissions).
To setup protected regions or the blacklist, you'll have to read the wiki (see below).
What are the permissions? The commands? Check out the wiki below.
- Project leader: Contact @sk89q on Twitter
- Lead developers: sk89q, TomyLobo, wizjany, and zml2008
- Project started: In December 2010 (Bukkit was started January 2011)
Check out sk89q's server:
Changes in v5.9:
- Added a config option to allow explosion flags to only prevent block damage
- Added allow-tamed-spawns setting, on by default. This will stop WorldGuard from culling tamed animals.
- Added config option and flag to prevent soil from drying naturally.
- Added formatting codes, &k/l/m/n/o and &x (reset).
- Added snow-fall-blocks option to config to restrict snow fall to certain blocks
- Allow players to add newlines (\n) via command, not just manually in yml.
- Allow the console to load/save all region managers with one command.
- Changed entity report format slightly.
- Check bypass perms for item-drop flag.
- Check for entities and projectiles removing items from frames too.
- Fix being able to use bonemeal to turn tall grass into double plants.
- Fix number of arguments for migratedb command.
- Fixed addowner/addmember commands adding command artifacts. Specifically, "-w <world>" will no longer be added when using it.
- Fixed milking cows in protected areas due to changes in Bukkit.
- Fixed ProtectedCuboidRegion::getPoints() returning points in wrong order.
- Fixed snowman trails being treated as snow fall.
- Make /rg list default to own regions if the player doesn't have permission otherwise.
- Protected items in item frames in protected regions.
- Resolved an issue where explosions of type OTHER_EXPLOSION were ignoring the world configuration settings.
- Send item-use blacklist event when right-clicking entities.
- Transformed the BlockFadeEvent handler into a switch.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|WorldGuard 5.9 (JAR only)||Release||1.7.4||44,432||02/28/2014|
|WorldGuard 5.8 (JAR only)||Release||1.6.2||34,406||07/16/2013|
|WorldGuard 5.7.5 (JAR only)||Release||1.5.2||20,935||05/26/2013|
|WorldGuard 5.7.4 (JAR only)||Release||1.5.2||5,466||05/18/2013|
|WorldGuard 5.7.3 (JAR only)||Release||1.5.0||22,638||03/17/2013|
|WorldGuard 5.7.2 (JAR only)||Release||1.5.0||2,111||03/15/2013|
|WorldGuard 5.7.1 (JAR only)||Release||1.4.7||9,858||01/30/2013|
|WorldGuard 5.7||Release||CB 1.4.6-R0.3||85,548||01/13/2013|
|WorldGuard 5.7 (JAR only)||Release||CB 1.4.6-R0.3||4,015||01/13/2013|
|WorldGuard 5.6.5||Release||CB 1.4.2-R0.2||232,323||11/07/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.6.5 (JAR only)||Release||CB 1.4.2-R0.2||7,297||11/07/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.6.3||Release||CB 1.4.2-R0.2||12,936||11/05/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.6.3 (JAR only)||Release||CB 1.4.2-R0.2||1,165||11/05/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.6.2||Release||CB 1.4.2-R0.2||5,920||11/04/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.6.2 (JAR only)||Release||CB 1.4.2-R0.2||682||11/04/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.6||Release||CB 1.4.2-R0.2||11,912||11/03/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.6 (JAR only)||Release||CB 1.4.2-R0.2||835||11/03/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.5.4||Release||CB 1.3.2-R1.0||131,776||10/07/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.5.3||Release||CB 1.2.5-R4.0||289,794||07/07/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.5.2 (jar only)||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||442,562||04/10/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.5.2||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||15,920||04/10/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.5.1||Release||CB 1.1-R4||230,020||02/24/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.5||Release||CB 1.1-R3||125,035||02/11/2012|
|WorldGuard 5.4||Release||CB 1.0.1-R1||348,754||12/17/2011|
|WorldGuard 5.3||Release||CB 1185||223,903||10/01/2011|
- Ores and Resources, Player Transport, Technology, and Processing
- 282,230 Monthly Downloads
- Soartex Fanver
- Mod Support, Animated, and 64x
- 232,540 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Anti-Griefing Tools, Informational, Teleportation, and World Editing and Management
- 207,733 Monthly Downloads
- Mine & Blade: Battlegear 2
- Armor, Tools, and Weapons, API and Library, and Adventure and RPG
- 175,043 Monthly Downloads
- World Editing and Management and Admin Tools
- 174,142 Monthly Downloads