Jobs at Curse
Curse Inc. is Hiring! Please select the position you would like to apply for in the list on the left hand side.
Job DescriptionJob Title: .NET Web Services Developer
Reports to: Live Team Lead
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Huntsville (On site only)
As a .NET Web Services Developer, the employee relies on experience in .NET development to design and build highly scalable web services. The developer is responsible for the improvement and ongoing maintenance of internal and external .NET web services, including the Curse Client web service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, design, develop, debug, implement and support WCF and ASMX-based web services.
- Modify existing software to: correct errors, allow it to function in new operating environments, or improve performance.
- Conduct peer reviews, provide guidance, suggest & implement best practices and techniques.
- Adheres to and recommends improvements to project coding standards.
- Work in a team environment with shared code; disciplined use of source code control and process documentation.
- Improve software quality by conducting systems analysis, and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Professional work experience developing scalable web services in C#, using WCF and ASMX.
- Strong fundamentals in object oriented design principles.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Professional demeanor, ability to take instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Proficiency in integrated development environments, including Visual Studio 2008 and 2010.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Computer Science or MIS degree.
- 2+ years of experiencing developing .NET web services.
- Thorough knowledge in relational database design and development.
Interested in this position? Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the position title as the subject line.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.