Jobs at Curse
Curse Inc. is Hiring! Please select the position you would like to apply for in the list on the left hand side.
Job DescriptionJob Title: Linux System Administrator
Reports to: Fan Site and Author Tools Team Lead
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Huntsville (On site only)
The Linux System Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, configuration, operation, and maintenance of server software and hardware. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational standards, ensuring system uptime.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews architectural designs and project plans for all new Linux hosting Initiatives.
- Adhere to technical policies, standards and best practices set forth by the management team.
- Routinely perform system audits to ensure security and system reliability.
- Monitor Linux server environment for anomalies and errors, reporting and escalation of issues.
- Provide the required daily support, maintenance, and management of the platforms.
- Provide 24 x 7 on-call support for system outages.
- Consistently meet or exceed SLA obligations.
- Expert knowledge of the following server software: Ubuntu and Redhat Linux distributions, MySQL, Nginx, Varnish, vBulletin and IPB.
- Expert in backup software and recovery procedures.
- Expert in network hardware (routers, switches, load balancers, etc) and design of Ethernet networks.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 5+ years of professional experience in server administration.
- Computer Science or MIS degree.
Interested in this position? Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the position title as the subject line.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster