Jobs at Curse
Curse Inc. is Hiring! Please select the position you would like to apply for in the list on the left hand side.
Are you interested in leading the development team behind some the most popular PHP-based sites in the world? MMO-Champion.com, MinecraftForum.net and ArenaJunkies.com are just a few of the sites in Curse's network.Job Title: PHP Team lead
Reports to: Vice President of Technology
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Huntsville (On site only)
As the PHP Team Lead, the individual relies on significant experience in the development and deployment of large-scale PHP-based web applications to drive technical innovation of the company’s products and services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and manage the PHP team, promoting the creation of elegant, practical solutions to meet the company’s business goals.
- Analyze system specifications and translate system requirements to task specifications for team members.
- Provide accurate effort-estimates for deliverables.
- Be committed to the deadlines through follow up of tasks with team members.
- Research and actively learn about new technologies and introduce them into the infrastructure.
- Resolve technical issues that are escalated by junior and mid-level developers.
- Work closely with the VP of Technology to assist in the analysis, evaluation and recommendation of new application and technology appropriate to the company.
- Ability to motivate staff in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to manage priorities and work in a fast pace environment.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Expert knowledge of PHP related development technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of MySQL.
- Work experience using a bug /task tracking application.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Computer Science or MIS degree.
- 6+ years of object oriented programming experience.
- 4+ years of PHP programming experience.
- 1+ years of large-scale web application deployment experience.
- 1+ years of management experience.
Interested in this position? Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the position title as the subject line.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.