This map was done with the beta editor before the release of SC2 and only kept as a reminder of the idea of this type of game. Currently it has be re-worked and revised through another map Docking Bay 13
Built with a more traditional style of gameplay. If you have ever played TarpitD or HGMAD you will feel right at home with this map. However, we have decided to do away with the old school (legacy) style of dealing with how one acquires heros and/or other units. Instead of bringing X units to a location, you purchase initial units right from a custom UI dialog.
This defense moves away from the mindless build, upgrade and kill. It focuses more on using the right unit for the right situation. There are 3 tiers of units availible for players to choose from. Tier 1 is basically going to be your starter units that hold up well early game and start to loose their luster late game. Tier 2 units are the most usefull as they are equipped with all the abilities and can detect stealth units. Tier 3 units are strictly there to do massive amounts of damage. Using units in the right combination can be a key factor in defeating the map. For example, the hunter-seeker weapon is to slow to catch almost any unit. However, if you use them in conjunction with the hydralisks ensnare ability you can do some crazy damage. Or just pile up on the faster shooting tier 1 marines, blink the units to the rear of the path and let the marines kill the target of the seeker missle to detonate it prematurely.
Upgrading through the tier system requires players to bring a certain number of units to the morphing station. For example, if you load 5 marines into a bunker you get a ghost. 5 ghosts gets you a marauder...etc. While we realize we could have just allowed purchasing through our custom UI dialog, doing it this way allows us to keep units on screen to a minimum as well as increase complexity and difficulty of the game.
Map Features (so far...)
- - 5 Puchasable units
- - 6 Abilities for Tier 2 units
- - 3 unit tiers
- - 15 non-stop action packed levels
- - Computer AI with interesting mechanics
- - Display window that shows info on the next wave
- - Some units have different attacks
- - Ensare Ability (My take on the SC2 version of the classic ability)
- - All units can blink
- - Warp Prisms across the map to allow for even faster travel
- Now a 2 player game where each player controls units and economy
- Computers units no logner die to nukes
- Added a visual FX to any unit under the effects of hamper
- Increased chances of event to 33%
This map is a WiP and is basically done except for balance and adding special features. All input, feedback and ideas are welcome and encouraged. This map is being worked on by a group of individuals (TnT-Productions) with a goal in mind. That being said, the ETA for this map is 5/12/2010.
Currently in Testing/Balancing Stage
- Damage done by all units increased considerably
- Vikings (tier 2 unit) now have the heal ability
- Zealots health increased to 150, up from 100
- Zealots shield regen increased to 4/sec up from 2/sec
- Reduced number of broodling escorts that spawn after a corruptor dies to 2, down from 10
- Collosus can no longer be attacked by air units
- Increased the health of all Tier 2 and Tier 3 units.
- Nydus Worms are now considered structures.
- Increased the health of Nydus Worms by 2000.
- Increased the damage done by hellions to structures by 500.
- Immortal's Guardian Shield now properly makes units immune to all damage for 1 minute.
- Increased the energy required to use Guardian Shield to 200.
- Reduced the energy regen of Immortals to .8/sec
- Increased the amount of Stalkers needed to make an Immortal by 1.
- Fixed the upgrade key icon to properly show unit tier upgrades.
- Fixed an issue with the Collosus killing itself and allies with splash damage.
- Greatly increased the damage and fire rate of vikings.
- Lowered the health of all the players ground forces.
- Increased the damage of the Ghost Sniper Shot to 10000.
- Increased the energy cost of the Ghosts Sniper shot to 200.
- Nukes will no longer kill enemy units.
- Finalized the damage done by all units to help streamline the balancing process.
- Special Events now happen randomly each level
- Added a life counter dialog bar
- Created transmission for some of the events
- Added sounds to signify the start of each level
- Game is beatable - relatively balanced
- Win/Loss condition added
- increased range of ghosts to 20
- increased attack speed of ghosts to .3
- increased damage of hydralisk to 500
- Sensory Towers will detect cloaked units at a better range than a tier 2 unit.
- SCV, Sensory Tower now costs 1 mineral
- Command Center now costs 60 minerals
- Increased the damage of flying command center by a lot
- Banshee's health decresed to 125
- Moved the next level info box to the top left
- Reduced the damage of void rays
- Vikings(Assault) now shoot air
- Reduced the cost of Colosus (Now only requires 3 Immortals)
- Reduced the cost of Spine Crawler (Now only requires 3 Hydralisk)
- Reduced the cost of High Templar (Now only requires 2 Dark Templar)
- Reduced the cost of Marauders (Now only requires 2 Ghosts)
- Future releases should there be any should not effect gameplay dramatically.
- Starcraft: Mass Recall
- Campaign, Scenario, and StarCraft 1
- 16,959 Monthly Downloads
- SC1 Episode 3: The Fall - Protoss Campaign
- Campaign, Cinematics, Melee, Legacy, and StarCraft 1
- 2,562 Monthly Downloads
- Av Model
- Units, Models, Textures, and 3D Models
- 1,066 Monthly Downloads
- Taylor Mouse's SC2 Models
- Units, Icons, Models, Textures, and 3D Models
- 1,020 Monthly Downloads
- Heroes of the Storm assets
- Textures, Tilesets, Units, and 3D Models
- 956 Monthly Downloads