SC2 Dialog Designer (Map)
A huge problem with the dialogs in the Starcraft 2 Editor is the preview : you must to launch the game to see if what you want will be the same in game.
This map have a simple aim : to help developpers to make dialogs in game. After that, a developper can go to the editor and reproduce the same dialog interface, but by having all offsets, width, height you will need, without to test your map every 3 seconds.
By the way, this step is also boring. Another idea is to get a code that you can add in your map to get exactly the same result than Dialog Designer. You spare a lot of time if you want to do a lot of dialogs.
See the links below to get all information you want.
Version 1.1 Beta (named Beta 1)
Version 1.4 Beta (named Beta 3)
About map use
The map is free and unprotected. All triggers are made with GUI. You can use all code in the map or edit it if you want.
- SC2 Dialog Designer (Software)
- Upcoming changes
- Main thread in SC2Mapster
- Post principal sur SC2Galaxy (FR)
- How to import into my map
See Assisted Dialog Library to import dialogs set in this program into your project.
Due to a lot of work at school. I would like to revamp this for March/April 2012.
- Solving minor bugs.
- Solving the problem with buttons and mouse-over (due to patch 1.4)
1.45 (Beta 3.5)
- Several bugs with Blizzard edit box solved.
- Aggregate will be available for dialog items. Enable this property will make unselectable all dialog items related with this dialog item on the dropbox list.
- Adding Liberty Campaign textures in the Texture Selector
- SC2Bank files generated by clicking the "Save button" are now compatible with v140 and v141 versions.
- Adding a "Style" property for Labels, allow you to set a correct style for your dialog item.
- Trying an Improve for performances when an item is selected in the Selector dropbox.
- Adding the ruRU locale. Thanks to Wulfrein.
1.4 (Beta 3)
- Solved a bug about the save. The save saves now all information about dialog boxes, including title.
- Solved a bug causing textures to disappear from the list, due to 1.2 game update.
- Solved a bug when the name of a dialog or dialog item is between (), due to 1.2 game update.
- Create an object will select the correct item on the object selector in the properties window.
- Object names are now unique.
- It's now impossible to name an object if this name is used for another object.
- It's now impossible to save the work if object names are same.
- "Generate GALAXY Code" button deleted.
- "Generate MACRO Code" button added.
- Using the Blizzard API for editboxes.
- Editbox are now supported.
- It's now possible to edit a label from the last value.
- It's now possible to edit a dialog title from the last value.
- It's now possible to edit a list from the last value.
- It's now possible to delete an item from a list in the list window.
- Adding 2 buttons to improve the text edition : Style and Color.
- Down and Up arrow keys can now be used to scroll textures in the Texture Frame.
- MACRO Code is implemented.
- New dialog item available : Edit box.
- Duplicate is implemented.
1.2 (Beta 2)
- Data Save is implemented.
- Data Load is implemented.
- New Behavior property for Dialog: Aggregate (used to hide dialog items of a dialog on the object selector).
- Adding a button to add screen buttons or screen pictures (outside of a dialog).
- Adding a button to restore the default texture in texture selector.
- Texture selector edit box is now a search filter too (limited to 50 results. If you have more than 50 results, the filter doesn't show all).
- Click on the "X" button in the Properties frame will close creation interface.
- Now possible to use the figures in the main keyboard in edit box (for laptops).
- All localization problems fixed.
1.0 (Beta 1)
- First version.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|Dialog Designer r47||Release||383||09/09/2012|
|Dialog Designer (Beta 3.5)||Beta||1,295||06/22/2011|
|Dialog Designer (Beta 3 +ruRU locale)||Beta||818||03/03/2011|
|Dialog Designer (Beta 3)||Beta||491||02/19/2011|
|Dialog Designer (Beta 2)||Beta||408||11/23/2010|
|Dialog Designer (Beta 1)||Beta||732||11/04/2010|
- SC1 Episode 1 - Rebel Yell
- Scenario, Legacy, StarCraft 1, and Campaign
- 7,522 Monthly Downloads
- SC1 Episode 6 - Queen of Blades
- Cinematics, StarCraft 1, and Campaign
- 3,245 Monthly Downloads
- SC1 Episode 4 - The Stand
- StarCraft 1 and Campaign
- 2,020 Monthly Downloads
- SC1 Episode 2 - Overmind
- Scenario, Legacy, StarCraft 1, and Campaign
- 1,933 Monthly Downloads
- SC1 Episode 3: The Fall - Protoss Campaign
- Campaign, Cinematics, Melee, Legacy, and StarCraft 1
- 1,843 Monthly Downloads