With 10 heroes, supporting up to 12 players, Arathi Basin/Strands of the Ancients is a remake of the battlegrounds from WOW.
- Third person mode and default game camera modes supported
- Arathi Basin is a battle for control points
- Strands of the Ancients is a 2 round hero siege arena
- Add bots by adding AI players!
- Unique wow-like targetting and hotkey system (with fully functional default sc2 targetting as well)
- Questing content (and raiding content) available for testing to the winning players.
- Medic Distruption field generator ui data has been updated
- Medic Chrono Shift device upgrade will now properly disappear once it's learned
- Additional teleporters have been hooked up in Strands of the Ancients
- Fixed an issue where infested terrans/spider mines/holographic turret would sometimes bug the hero res
- Strands of the Ancients will now properly spawn sieges for round 2 (whoops!)
- Bot AI in Strands improved slightly
- Fixed an issue where -unlock was not working in strands (whoops!)
- A new tier of shoulder armors now drops off bosses in the quest zone
- Siege tank (demolisher) health reduced to 1900 (from 3000)
- Siege tank (demolisher) damage doubled
- Siege tank (demolisher) is now immune to stun, fear and knockback effects.
- Strands of the Ancients gates health doubled to 1000
- Players can now access the questing zone by winning a Strands of the Ancients. (Victory/Defeat conditions cleaned up)
- Strands of the Ancients is now open for testing!
- Players vote for which battleground they want to play at the start
- short cinematic for each battleground.
- Ghost has been given Ultrasonic Pulse.
- Queen Infestor Infested terrans redesigned. 45 second cooldown, spawns 6 infested terran
- Medic Chrono Rift will no longer slow friendly units.
- Several graphics and detail updates
- Huge quest zone update. It's now tuned for 3-5 players, and there are now 6 total bosses that drop loot.
- If a player dies in the quest zone, you can return by typing -quest. (after the game ends)
- High templar was hitting for 300 on his auto attacks after importing campaign dependencies, he now hits for 30
- Since mounting to a vehicle resets all cooldowns, All ultimate abilities have had their cooldown reduced to 1 minute.
- Marauder Seeker Missile redesigned. 1.6 second cast time instead of 1.6 second cooldown (is now easier to cast from ranged)
- Items no longer drop on player death in the questing zone, if you die, you will be resurrected with the items that you died with.
- Res triggers have been changed from 'create new unit' to 'restore unit from bank'. (laying the groundwork for hero combat with items and a save/load system)
- Heroes are saved right before they die.
- Summoning a holographic turret/force field generator/infested terran/any unit at the start point will no longer bug the camera in third person mode
- Stats dialog was changed to non-modal and should hopefully be seen by more players on different clients. (some players just can't see the dialog for client reasons)
- I tried to get flying mounts working. Came very close, but all triggers stopped functioning during the final stages of implementation. Reverted to previous verson, we may see some basic flight in a new project.
- Ultralisk Paralyzing Acid Spray now heals 40% life
- Curse of the Weakened initial damage reduced
- Enemy portraits now display the players name and the heroes name
- Leech (Infestor) redesigned. Leech is now a damage over time that also leeches 80 mana over 4 seconds
- There are now 9 camera zoom levels (up from 6)
- Several optional quest zones with loot, monsters, and bosses has been implemented and is available to winning team AFTER the game ends. Just click return to game instead of score screen after winning a match.
- Greatly improved functionality of auto targetting
- Burrow (Infestor/Roach/Ultralisk)
- The heroes shield glow would disappear after leaving their non combat vehicle. The correct hero glow is now applied immediatly after dismounting.
- The heroes shield glow would not show up after picking a hero through -repick
- The repick dialog button now works immediatly after all players have selected their hero (instead of a minute or so into the game)
- bots on team 1 were not respawning in one 0.92b battle.net build recently
- Enemy portraits will now disappear when killed. (90% of the time)
- Plasma Blast will no longer harm invulnurable units (the flags)
- Ultralisk Paralyzing Acid Spray no longer hits neutral targets (unclaimed flags)
- Flag hp and health regeneration increased
- Several tooltips have been updated with their correct damage amounts
- the 1-7 hotkeys no longer have a chance to order your hero to run off in some random direction
- Infestor now uses the correct portrait model
- Infested Terrans threat level reduced. Bots will typically ignore the Infested Terrans if there's a hero nearby.
Previous changes (0.92a)
- a basic WOW style targetting implemented. When a player initiates attack against another player, it brings up their boss bar and sets them as their target.
- Pressing tab will pick one of 3 random enemy targets (within range of the hero)
- the 1 to 7 keys are now secondary keybindings for your abilities. Let's say frost nova is bound to 1, plasma bolt is bound to 6. We set up a target by attacking something, boss bar shows up, i hit 1 and frost nova instantly goes off at my targets location. We can spam 6 to spam plasma bolt on the target!
- More camera zoom levels added
- All abilities now have their quickcast hotkey on the button tooltip
- The old targetting system still works (of course) This targetting system was implemented to make zoomed in users feel like they have more control, since default game camera users have such an advantage being able to see the whole field (and things behind their hero)
Previous changes (0.92a)
- Players can now mount up, summoning a temporary non-combat vehicle. It works like a morph unit ability, (you morph into a vehicle with your hero attached to the top)
- your movement speed is increased by 120% while riding/driving but you cannot attack until you leave your vehicle/ride
- Vehicles have only 50 life, and their hero pops out if you kill them, so you can force enemy players out of their vehicle easily (any hero can dismount a player)
- Terran heroes get to ride a Vulture
- Protoss heroes get to ride a Sentry
- Zerg heroes ride a shrunken Leviathan (every time you dismount, it plays an awesome death animation! Leviathan was the only creature large enough for an Ultralisk hero to ride)
- All abilities with preparation timers have had their preparation time and cooldown reduced to a maximum of 1 minute.
- Several abilities now have a preparation timer that didn't before
- Several abilities have had their cooldown reduced.
- Irradiate (medic) damage reduced
- Experimental Plasma Gun (Spectre) damage reduced by 11%
- These vehicles/rides sizes have been adjusted so that they are all roughly the same size and proportion to each other.
- Some heroes had their size adjusted
- The repick triggers have been redesigned
- The res triggers have been redesigned
- Units from the hero pick screen had their movement speed reduced
- Camera Height offset adjusted for third person mode
- High templar now uses Dark High Templar model!
- Feedback, Irradiate and Merciless strike animation size reduced
unmentioned from previous patches
- Infestor is now Queen infestor, using kerrigan (char) model
- Marauder now uses the Swann (marauder) model
- Dark templar now uses the Zeratul model
Previous Updates changelog (0.92) 2 new hero classes! (not 1 but 2!) Medic and Spectre are now available for play
- Third person mode has been redesigned to provide more WOW-like gameplay. It's abit stuttery, but it works better on hills, cliffs, and in indoor zones like mine. You can still disable it by typing -unlock, and enable it by typing -lock
- the Minimap has been updated to show only the playable map area, the minimap changes when you -repick,
- All heroes and characters have had their size reduced by 50%
- Mouse zoom levels have been adjusted for third person mode. (Zooming out still looks like default camera, but you can zoom WAAY in)
- Computer AI is much more strategic, bot players will more actively try to cover 3+ nodes.
- The Medic is an Intelligence based combat support and sabotage expert. None can match her healing skills
- The Medic can lay down spider mines, dealing moderate damage.
- Chrono Rift Device altars time, trapping units inside a vortex, reducing their movement and attack speed
- Irradiate causes a unit to deal heavy damage over time to any of the medics enemies. You can put this on an ally or an enemy, since it will only harm targets hostile towards the medic.
- Rejuvinate is a smart cast heal over time that stacks on the target up to 5 times
- Replentish Shields is a remodulated emp grenade that recharges shields by 140 for all friendly units in its area of effect
- Greater Heal is a mana efficient big heal with a 3 second cast time.
- The Spectre is well trained assasin, with a huge arsenal of weapons & utility.
- Capable of calling down Chemical Missile Warheads that deal moderate damage initially, but leaves a deadly toxic cloud behind
- Psionic Lash deals heavy damage to a single target, 3sec cast 30sec cooldown
- Experimental Plasma Weapon hits up to two targets, medium range repeatable autocast ability
- PSI Shield heals the Spectre for 300 shields and increases maximum shields by 300 for 10 sec
- Consumption converts a small amount of an allies Life to energy for the Spectre
- Mindblast stuns enemies in an area of effect, dealing light damage
- Kill Field generator is a weak force field generator that has a 50% chance per 0.6sec to deal damage to nearby enemies
- Cloak vanishes the spectre but the spectre cannot attack untill he decloaks
- Minor/bug fixes
- Vortex (High Templar) damage has been buffed. its just didn't work well enough as an ultimate.
- Fixed a bug where on unlock mode, the camera would sometimes pan to the wrong place entirely after resurrecting a hero.
Previous Updates changelog (0.91)
- Hero pick screen will no longer spawn 2 heroes for each computer player
- You can now type -lock to return to third person camera mode
- Fixed an issue where -repick was not working for players 9-14
- Computer players will select random hero at the character screen when the game loads, no more waiting for your bots at the character screen
- Players now start with 130 minerals, up from 100
- Heroes now award 14 minerals per kill, up from 13
- The cost and cost increment of the non-hero specific talents (infused healing, empowered stamina, improved shields, reforge weapons) has been reduced by 1/2.
- South team (horde) players are now colored red, North team (Alliance) players are now colored blue.
- Players now have a different shield glow color depending on what team they're on. North team players are protected by a blue forcefield shielding, South team players are protected by a red forcefield shielding.
- Computer players are even smarter, and will try to push for control of at least 3-4 flags
- (battle.net only) Computer player difficulty levels implemented. Depending on the difficulty chosen for the computer player, their hero is given a certain amount of default talents. Computer players on very easy have no upgrades, easy players have rank 1 shield upgrade, medium players have rank 1 life/shields/healing/weapon upgrades, hard players have rank 2 life/shields/healing/weapon upgrades, very hard players have rank 3 life/shields/healing/weapon upgrades and rank 1 regeneration upgrade, insane players have all possible talents.
- Ghost - Shield recharge uplink redesigned, regenerates 35 shields and life per second for 5/7/9/11 seconds, regardless if in combat. Regenerates additional shields while out of combat
- Ghost - Nuclear Strike cooldown and preparation time reduced to 1minute
- Ghost & Dark Templar - Cloak cooldown reduced
- Marauder - Recharge Health is now autocast, and kicks in whenever the marauder drops below 75% Life
- High Templar & Archon - Revitalize is now autocast, and kicks in whenever the hero drops below 75% shields
- Archon - Meteor cooldown and preparation time reduced to 1 minute
- Roach, Infestor, Ultralisk burrow cooldown reduced
- Ultralisk Warbringer Pull is now autocast
- High templar - Feedback now has a cast bar. If a player orders their high templar to place a psi storm while casting feedback, the high templar will wait until their feedback cast is done and then cast psi storm. Feedback no longer plays the ghost sniper sound when executed.
- Background objects and units in the character screen will now fight with eachother
- Changes were made to the starting conditions (after hero pick). Players begin at their teams start point behind a fence and a barrier. The barrier is destroyed when the battle begins, unleashing the heroes upon the battlefield.
- a new -help function has been added
Previous versions 0.90
- Fixed an issue where if player 1 or 8 left the game, the score counter would stop. (players 1 and 8 are now automated computer players that cannot leave) Now supports 12 players (down from 14)
- fixed an issue where the unlock button was not doing anything for players 9-14
- players who can't see the modal stats dialog can now disable third person mode by typing -unlock
- Stables res point is working for north team, farm res point is now working for south team
- All forms of experience/level gain has been abolished. Some players simply can't see the stats dialog on bnet games, (and therefore can't select their stat points if they level up).
- All heroes start with 2 points of their most beneficial stat, players no longer need to distinguish between agil/int/str heroes.
- Bots (computer heroes) don't always pick Infestor anymore
- When a player drops out or leaves, their hero becomes an automated bot, and continues to fight for their team.
- Killing blows now award 13 minerals (up from 3)
- Bot players AI improved slightly
- Minor terrain details
- The Ultralisk hero's ability Ram now applies a bleed effect as well as its original effect. Bleed effect stacks up to 3 times
- Curse of the Weakened (infestor) damage over time reduced slightly
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|Arathi Basin/Strands of the Ancients 0.94b||Release||1,543||11/23/2010|
|Arathi Basin/Strands of the Ancients 0.94||Release||148||11/19/2010|
|Arathi Basin Domination 0.93b||Release||224||11/11/2010|
|Arathi Basin Domination 0.93||Release||198||11/06/2010|
|Arathi Basin Domination 0.92b||Release||114||11/04/2010|
|Arathi Basin Domination 0.92a||Release||91||11/02/2010|
|Arathi Basin Domination 0.92||Release||735||10/28/2010|
|Arathi Basin Domination 0.91||Release||6,233||10/22/2010|
|Arathi Basin Domination 0.90||Release||81||10/17/2010|
|Arathi Basin Domination 0.88||Release||245||10/13/2010|
|Arathi Basin Domination 0.86||Release||3,542||10/10/2010|
- SC1 Episode 1 - Rebel Yell
- Scenario, Legacy, StarCraft 1, and Campaign
- 7,713 Monthly Downloads
- SC1 Episode 6 - Queen of Blades
- Cinematics, StarCraft 1, and Campaign
- 3,135 Monthly Downloads
- SC1 Episode 4 - The Stand
- StarCraft 1 and Campaign
- 2,006 Monthly Downloads
- SC1 Episode 2 - Overmind
- Scenario, Legacy, StarCraft 1, and Campaign
- 1,891 Monthly Downloads
- SC1 Episode 3: The Fall - Protoss Campaign
- Campaign, Cinematics, Melee, Legacy, and StarCraft 1
- 1,805 Monthly Downloads