Hey fellow minecrafters! This is the page for my first official mod, AbyssalCraft.
(This page is slightly outdated, working on updating the content on it)
Have you ever though of how the different realms in minecraft appear? Like, for example, the Overworld is the "normal world", the Nether is referred to as "hell", the Aether (different mod, but it has a pretty good concept) is the opposite to the Nether, meaning it's the definition of heaven, and the End... well, subspace? Anyways, one place that isn't seen in Minecraft is the world of the dead, the underworld, the abyss, and that's where this mod kicks in, as it opens the gates of the world beyond death, a place roamed with the fallen creatures, who seek only to kill the living (or just loot your corpse and get some new weapons to kill you with).
What my mod does is that it adds (along with the new dimension) a new overworld biome (called "The Darklands"), infested with undead creatures at night, and appears deserted at day, with some fancy buildings and whatnot spread around this purple/indigo plains landscape. Not to mention the new zombie breed that infects the regular ones, making them even stronger, and the 9 feet tall undead behemoths that lurk around amongst the others.
In block ways, you will find 2 new types of stone (more to come with more dimensions being added), one that appears in The Darklands, and one that you will find within the Abyssal Wastelands. Along with that, you will find new materials to use for building, different types of stone bricks that is, and 4 new ores (where one can only be obtained by crafting it, and isn't referenced as an ore in general), one type showing up in The Darklands (known as Abyssalnite, a strong purple metallic element), and one that has a different appearance depending on what world you're in (known as Coralium, which can be found in the overworld as gems under the ocean, and as a denser ore chunk once inside the abyss, a very strange element, in my opinion). Now you might think that all of these rocks are the only new blocks in this mod, but you're completely wrong there! The Darklands also offers a new type of tree, meaning a new type of wood (currently fire resistant, might be changed in the near future), and along with all of this is of course explosives! AbyssalCraft introduces the Oblivion Deathbomb, a heavy nuclear charge with an antimatter accelerator, making it capable of destroying obsidian, but also renders it as a very resource demanding bomb, not mention that the ODB core also functions as a heavy explosive, creating quite some mayhem when used (the Oblivion Deathbomb requires a pretty decent computer to be primed, else it might crash your game, and I've planned on making a special explosion algorithm for it to make it use less memory to demonstrate it's destructive mayhem)
Next part, mobs! as mentioned before, AbyssalCraft introduces new mobs to the game, among them are the Abyssal Zombie (a zombie breed corrupted by coralium plagues, making them spread it by killing normal zombies), the Depths Ghouls (tall beefy zombie creatures, has a chance of scaring you with their appearance), then there's the Spectral Dragon (currently a pretty buggy dragon breed that appears in the Abyssal Wasteland, buggy because they dodge almos any projectile shot at them). There are some notable WIP mobs, as they never spawn anywhere, those are the following: Abyssalnite golem, Dreaded Abyssalnite golem and the Dreadguard. They will be spawning in the next dimension, The Dreadlands, which will be released in version 1.5. This mod also features some new bosses, current ones are "Asorah, The Fallen" (a undead dragon, feeding off of the Spectral Dragons, can be summoned using a special altar) and "J'zahar, The Gatekeeper" (actually the final boss, but I decide to release him early in development and watch him grow stronger). There is a 2nd boss that will appear in The Dreadlands, called "Cha'garoth, The Dreadbeast".
As you should know by now, there's a new dimension and a new overworld biome added in this mod, and I'm gonna go through them quickly. The Darklands is a pretty dark place (hence the name), with Abyssalnite under the ground, and Darklands Oaks and buildings made from Darkstone Bricks scattered around it. The Abyssal Wasteland (1st dimension) is a pretty dark place aswell, a world made from a greenish stone known as Abyssal Stone, which also appears as bricks within the Abyssal Strongholds found within the realm, not to mention the 100 block high obsidian pillars, decorated with glowstone. I have in mind of adding another 2 dimensions, with the 2nd one coming out in the next version, and the third a couple of version later.
Now the items. This mod adds in a ton of items, rendering from ore chunks to dimensional portal openers shaped as keys. Some of the items that you will notice are chunks of Abyssalnite and Coralium, Coralium gems, Darkstone tools, Abyssalnite/Coralium tools/armor, the special Coralium Infused Abyssalnite set, the overpowered Coralium Plated Armor (has a huge amount of defence, and has a "death aura", killing nearby mobs/animals/players). There's also iron plates that can be used to amplify normal food, and to make MRE (Meal ready to eat), and of course, the Oblivion Catalyst, main component in the first Gateway Key (used to crate portals to the abyss) and in the Oblivion Deathbomb.
This should cover most of the mod, the rest is up to you to discover! Oh yeah, as the topic reads, this is a forge mod, which means you need minecraft forge to run it.
This article in the AbyssalCraft wiki covers the basics of things to do once you've installed the mod.
- 2 new types of stone, called "Darkstone" (It's 20% stronger than regular stone), and "Abyssal Stone" (generates within The Abyss, and can be crafted into Abyssal Stone Bricks, along with Darkstone being able to craft into Darkstone Bricks)
- New tools, three types so far, darkstone, abyssalnite and Coralium infused abyssalnite (2x the stats of abyssalnite with special abilities)
- 3 new type of armor, abyssalnite, coralium infused abyssalnite, and dreaded abyssalnite
- A new biome, called "Darklands" which has trees and random generated structures within
- New mobs, so far 6, the "Dephs Ghoul", the "Abyssal Zombie", the evil pig clone, abyssalnite golem, dreaded abyssalnite golem and dreadguard (the 3 last aren't fully done)
- A boss mob (known as "J'zahar, The Gatekeeper", currently is pretty braindead, with a glitchy head)
- A new dimension, The Abyss, that has strongholds hidden within (similar to overworld strongholds, can be found with eye of ender), and 100 block tall obsidian pillars, only undead mobs spawn within the abyss
- Two new ores, known as Abyssalnite and Coralium
- A new type of tnt that's a lot stronger, and can cause a lot of lag when primed (demands a lot of resources to craft) also has a core item in crafting it that can be used as explosive as well
That should conclude all the features so far, I have alot more I'm gonna add, and I don't mind suggestions
Check out the wiki for more info on the mod features! (it's currently not finished yet)
- more mobs, a lot more mobs
- more blocks
- More, stronger tools/armor
- More specific mobs spawning within The Abyss
- boss mobs inside the dimension (I'm gonna have a hard time coding what I have in mind, wish me luck)
- Possibly another 2 dimensions (later on)
How you install the mod
- Download the latest (or recommended) forge installer from http://files.minecraftforget.net
- Run the installer
- Start the game once with the forge profile
- Download AbyssalCraft
- Locate the Minecraft folder
- Drop the downloaded .jar (or .zip, for older versions) file in /mods inside the minecraft folder
REDISTRIBUTION RULES (IMPORTANT)
Redistributing my mod is only allowed if you do it the right way, which is the following:
1. You make redirects to this thread.
2. You only provide my download links, NO OTHER.
3. You use your own pictures, or the ones found on my threads or on my wiki (in which case you don't watermark them are your own, since they are not yours AT ALL)
4. Credit me, since I'm the reason this mod even exists.
If I find that you've redistributed my mod without following these 4 steps, you can expect a DMCA to appear in the near future, and if you're using your own download links with your own ad mirrors, you will face more than just a DMCA.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
0. USED TERMS
MOD - modification, plugin, a piece of software that interfaces with the Minecraft client to extend, add, change or remove original capabilities.
MOJANG - Mojang AB
OWNER - shinoow, Original author(s) of the MOD. Under the copyright terms accepted when purchasing Minecraft (http://www.minecraft.net/copyright.jsp) the OWNER has full rights over their MOD despite use of MOJANG code.
USER - End user of the mod, person installing the mod.
THIS MOD IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITH NO WARRANTIES, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE OWNER OF THIS MOD TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED FROM THE USE OF THIS MOD. THIS MOD ALTERS FUNDAMENTAL PARTS OF THE MINECRAFT GAME, PARTS OF MINECRAFT MAY NOT WORK WITH THIS MOD INSTALLED. ALL DAMAGES CAUSED FROM THE USE OR MISUSE OF THIS MOD FALL ON THE USER.
Use of this MOD to be installed, manually or automatically, is given to the USER without restriction.
This MOD may only be distributed where uploaded, mirrored, or otherwise linked to by the OWNER solely. All mirrors of this mod must have advance written permission from the OWNER. ANY attempts to make money off of this MOD (selling, selling modified versions, adfly, sharecash, etc.) are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN, and the OWNER may claim damages or take other action to rectify the situation. Read the redistibution rules for more information.
Want my mod in a modpack? Sure, go ahead, but follow these small steps, and you have my approval:
1. On the page where the modpack is, give credits to me and include a link to either this, my Minecraftforums post or my PMC post.
2. Send me a message or comment here that you made a modpack, and provide a link to it.
Follow those 2 steps, and you have my approval of including my mod in your modpack.
Modpacks where AbyssalCraft is featured (incomplete list):
That should be it so far, if you have any problems, write the errors in the comments, and as I mentioned before, I would love some suggestions for new content to add to the mod, and I don't mind feedback. Until further notice, there won't be any pictures/videos here, since I kinda failed with setting them up correctly, click here to see the official post.
- Retextured the Darklands Grass, Darklands Oak Leaves, Dreadlands Grass and Dreadlands Wood Leaves
- Changed the foilage color in the Darklands biomes and Dreadlands biomes
- You can now plant AbyssalCraft saplings on the Darklands Grass and Dreadlands Grass
- Fixed crystallization for Aluminum (had a typo in the OreDictionary registry)
- Added a list of entity names in Core (for spawning my entities in your biome)
- Fixed the portal placement logic in the Gateway Keys
- Did a few API tweaks in Core
- Developer Tools and Admin Tools
- 298,236 Monthly Downloads
- Ores and Resources, Player Transport, Technology, and Processing
- 236,192 Monthly Downloads
- Soartex Fanver
- Mod Support, Animated, Traditional, Modern, and 64x
- 217,084 Monthly Downloads
- World Editing and Management and Admin Tools
- 212,793 Monthly Downloads
- Tinkers Construct
- Mobs, Processing, Technology, and Armor, Tools, and Weapons
- 173,410 Monthly Downloads