A look into what Minecraft could become when you add a splash of magic...Ars Magica is a mod about casting powerful spells, fighting bosses, and having fun with magic! It features a unique spell creation system where you can create any spell you can imagine!
Interested in playing on a public server with this and many other magic-themed mods?
Got you covered.
Taking your first steps.
Getting started in AM2 is quite simple to do. First, you need to find a pool of liquid essence:
Place an item frame within a few blocks of the pool, and put a book into the item frame, and watch the show.This will give you the Arcane Compendium, which has everything you need to continue using the mod, from guides, to structures, to items, to bosses.
I have a question... (bug reporting instructions too)
I found a bug!
That's great. The forum however, isn't the place to post them. You can post them on the git bug tracker. Check to see if a bug has been posted already before submitting yours! Link: https:github.com/M.../issues
This mod crashed / This mod doesn't work with X other mod! It's a bug, etc.
Very unlikely. Typically these are simply block ID conflicts or some such other thing. Make sure you check your log file, it tells you exactly what the conflict was. If it turns out it's not a conflict, see above.
Something Something Something Textures
Just don't. I can't stress enough how little I care.
No PMs please! Details below.
So here's the deal. You want Ars Magica in your mod pack? All you need to meet are three simple conditions:
- Your mod pack needs a link back to this forum post
- You cannot make any money off of the mod pack
- You cannot claim that you made any part of the mod, and you must give credit to the author of the mod (Mithion)
If these three conditions are met, then you have my permission to use it in a mod pack. Have fun!
- No new features added in 1.4.0.009 yet! Just fixes!
- Updated forge version
- Improved localization
- Rebalanced Entangle spell component
- Telekinesis does not require sneak to be held while adjusting distance
- Grow component will grow flowers on grass & do some more
- Keystones and locked objects now notify the player if misused
- Smoothed & improved boss animations
- Ars Magica potion effects will try to find an open potion ID on first launch
- Essence bag no longer requires sneak-use to open, just use
- Reflect now requires a witchwood log for crafting
- Various CPU load improvements
- Spell targeting of creative players can be disabled in config
- Improved death messages
- Arcane reconstructor now deactivates when out of power
- Spell book keybinds now scroll in the correct direction
- Scroll wheel now works properly in spell book and Telekinesis
- Rift storage and soulbound items no longer disappear in the End
- Mod progress is no longer reset when changing dimensions
- Divine and Ender Intervention components no longer cause crashes
- Appropriation component no longer crashes dedicated servers
- Arcane Guardian no longer crashes if near other bosses
- Appropriation component now respects spawn
- Creative only spell components now have textures
- Shrinking is more fluid and stable now
- Flowers now spawn with other world generation mods
- Arcane reconstructor animation now works on SMP
- Disarm component no longer crashes client in SMP
- Ars Magica no longer eats bandwidth
- Optifine, Thaumcraft and DragonAPI are now properly detected
- Witchwood forests now generate witchwood trees
- Dispensers no longer pick up Liquid Etherium (Blame Minecraft for this one)
- Cycling spell shape with an empty spell book no longer crashes
- Tarma roots now only spawn in dark places, but will not break due to light
- Mob heads no longer crash imbument tables
- Chrono anchor properly stops when crossing dimensions
- Crafting table recipes now use ore dictionary
- Rift entity has a name now
- Power networks no longer "ghost" if broken in certain ways
- Dig component now breaks blocks properly
- Chrono anchor no longer conflicts with other mods that have death events
- Removed console spam & cleaned up logging
- Obelisk no longer causes network errors
- Ars Magica now works properly with Thermal Dynamics
- Dispel no longer desyncs clients
- Liquid Etherium has a name now
- /AMUICFG command is now purely client-side
- Crashes no longer happen while breaking some Ars Magica blocks
- Changing username no longer resets progress
- Projectile spells no longer pass through some parts of a boss
- Bosses now render properly
- Journal no longer restores spent experience
- Warding Candle no longer crashes if used on redstone ore
- Arcane Deconstructor and Magician's Workbench no longer duplicates items
- Keystone doors no longer drop wooden doors
- Essence bag no longer eats essences
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
- Developer Tools and Admin Tools
- 677,872 Monthly Downloads
- Map and Information
- 507,765 Monthly Downloads
- Tinkers Construct
- Mobs, Processing, Technology, and Armor, Tools, and Weapons
- 450,477 Monthly Downloads
- Map and Information
- 410,324 Monthly Downloads
- API and Library
- 393,031 Monthly Downloads