- 30 Likes
Mine & Blade: Battlegear 2, is a recreation of the popular combat mod for Minecraft currently in development. The mod focuses on:
- Providing players with interesting and balanced combat features, including:
- New weapons
- Dual wielding of weapons
- A shielding mechanic
- Open source, and API-oriented, meaning anyone is free to add to the code base
- The source code is available on github. Feel free to contribute or just have a poke around.
News & Annoncements
Mine & Blade Battlegear 2 : Bullseye Release 20/12/2013
We can proudly announce the (probably) final version of Mine & Blade Battlegear 2 for 1.6.4. It is stable enough and introduces the long awaited quiver system, hence its codename. The next big update (heraldry) will likely be included with 1.7.4 (or later Minecraft update).
Mine & Blade Battlegear 2 : Warcry (preview) Release 19/08/2013
We have (finally) released the first version of Mine & Blade Battlegear 2 for 1.6.2. This release has been codenamed "Warcry". This gives a good indication that this version focuses on Warrior's but also is likened to GotoLink and myself charging in with our first release.
This release includes
- The new battlemode system
- This will allow dual wielding of a small subset of items (mainly weapons)
- Shields block all incoming damage from the front 120 degree arc when in use. Beware they can only be in use for a limited amount of time.
- New Weapons
- New weapons include the Waraxe, Mace, Dagger and Spear
Unfortunately we did have to remove some features from the old version (mainly revolving around the heraldry system)
Weapon System / Dual Wielding
Mine and Blade 2 introduces a new weapon system to Minecraft. This system will allow the player to have up to 3 weapons sets available to them that can be switched to using the 'R' key. The system allows the player to specify a mainhand and an offhand weapon (so allows select dual wielding).
By default any weapon can be placed into the weapon system and any weapon without a special right click function can be dual wielded. The mod will also scan though items for weapons added by mods. For further mod support there is an API (check the github repository)
Items are placed in the weapon system in a new GUI accessible from the main inventory with the top left "BG" button
When dual wielding, the left mouse button will attack with the mainhand (right) weapon and the right mouse button will attack with the offhand weapon (left) or block with the shield
Mine and Blade 2 introduces a shielding mechanic different to the normal sword block. Blocking with a shield will reduce all blockable damage taken from the front 120 degree arc. However a player cannot block indefinably as there is a stamina bar that appears above the normal minecraft health/armour icons.
Shields are crafted as follows
When struck by an arrow, the arrow will appear in the shield. Arrows can be retrieved by placing the shield by itself in the crafting matrix (the arrows will be added to your inventory when you retrieve the shield)
A shield bash can be preformed by pressing the special action key ('Z' by default). This will cause any mob in front of you to be knocked back. Using a shield bash will cause you to loose a third of your stamina bar and render you unable to attack for 1/2 a second. Some enchantments can help improve those characteristics.
Shields can also be dyed similar to leather armour. Dye is removed by placing a water bucket in the crafting grid with the shield. (This may be removed when heraldry is finished)
Weapons & Armour
Although the waraxe does less damage to unarmoured foes than the sword, it is more able to penatrate armoured foes.
The mace's blunt surface is perfect for dazing enemies
The spear is the weapon for those who would rather poke their enemy from a distance
The dagger is a quick weapon with lower damage than the sword
Mine & Blade: Battlegear 2 introduces a new way of obtaining chainmail armour. 3 chain links can be obtained by placing 2 iron ingots in a vertical arrangement in a crafting grid. Chain links can then be used to make chainmail armour
Quiver and Arrows
The quiver is a small item that has the ability to stack four times more arrows than a common arrow stack. It can be crafted with leather and arrows. You can empty it by right click.
Quivers can also be dyed similar to leather armour. Dye is removed by placing a water bucket in the crafting grid with the quiver.
Once you have a charged quiver in your inventory, a bow will deplete this item rather than using free arrows. A bow can be "dualwield" with the quiver in offhand. With a bow equipped, a custom bar will appear showing slots from the quiver. You can switch between slots (and thus, between arrows) with the special action key ('Z' by default). The quiver will also appear in the player's back.
There is an API that allows modders to make their own container for their own custom arrows, with hooks to customize enchantments, bow damage, etc.
Mine & Blade Battlegear 2 adds seven types of arrow which can be fired only from the quiver. The bow is also rendered differently to show those different arrows when used.
The fire arrows...set things on fire.
The explosive arrows...explode things.
The ender arrows...teleport things around.
The poison arrow...gives a wither effect on hit.
The piercing arrow pierces through armors and glass blocks.
The mystery arrow...has weird effects.
The leech arrow takes your enemy lifeforce to heal you.
It is said that skeletons may have acquired the knowledge to use those arrows. Fortunately, they aren't clever enough to hide them in their quiver nor switch between them.
Mine & Blade Battlegear 2 contains a sophisticated new mod update detector known as M.U.D. The mod will check to see if you are running the most current version (for the version of minecraft you are using) and notify you if you are using an old version.
Pressing the Mod Update Detector button on the pause screen or in forges "Mods" screen or typing the command '/mud' will take you to the download screen. This will allow you to view the changelog and download then newest version of the mod (a restart will be required).
This part is strictly client-side, meaning you can deactivate it on your client without worrying about server conflict. It also means that, because it is disabled on server, a server owner has to update manually. It is designed this way to prevent any server overload.
- Download and Install Minecraft Forge for your Minecraft version
- Download the latest version of this mod from the files page for your Minecraft version
- The latest version for 1.7.2 is currently Mine & Blade: 220.127.116.11
- Place the downloaded jar file into the mods directory
Bugs & Issues
- Offhand weapons may take up to
31 second to update on other players in SMP
Issues we can't do anything about:
- Render issues with any mod using RenderPlayerAPI
- Many issues with mcpc+
- Crash with SinglePlayerCommand and SmartMoving
Reintroduction of the Heraldry System
We are looking into a new way of implementing this.
== Mine & Blade: Battlegear 2 - Bullseye 18.104.22.168 ==
- Fixed /mud command not displaying changelog screen
- Added firing arrows from a quiver in a dispenser
- Fixed ender arrows applying too much damage with feather falling boots
- Fixed english locals (consistency with vanilla items)
- Changed gui buttons placement (vertical, with NEI support)
- Fixed player inventory update when switching with buttons
- Made M.U.D changelog screen accessible while it is checking for updates
- Wooden shields can now be used in furnace as fuel
- Fixed previous known issue with arrows
- World Editing and Management and Admin Tools
- 189,778 Monthly Downloads
- Soartex Fanver
- Mod Support, Animated, Traditional, Modern, and 64x
- 186,479 Monthly Downloads
- Developer Tools and Admin Tools
- 162,468 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Anti-Griefing Tools, Informational, Teleportation, and World Editing and Management
- 158,137 Monthly Downloads
- Tinkers Construct
- Mobs, Processing, Technology, and Armor, Tools, and Weapons
- 138,357 Monthly Downloads