The update for 5.0.0 has been brought out of beta! Make sure to download the update ASAP to make sure you are not affected by any bugs that remained in the beta version. 1.6.4 and 1.8 ports of this update will be released in the near future.
Say goodbye to those annoying and ugly Testificates! Minecraft Comes Alive (MCA) aims to give the original villagers an expanded use within the game.
Follow/subscribe to @SheWolfDeadly for Minecraft Let's Plays, MCA updates, and more!
- "Hrrh!" Villagers are no longer Caveman Squidwards and no longer make sound. They are now male or female humans with over 250 unique skins.
- You can interact with villagers in many ways, such as chatting with them, asking them to follow you, hiring them to do work, giving them gifts, and more!
- Interacting with villagers builds relationships. Get your relationship high enough, and you'll be able to marry a villager.
- Once you're married, you can have children. Children will grow up over time and do many different chores for you.
- Children eventually grow up into adults, who can get married and have children of their own.
- You can marry other players and have children in SMP and LAN.
- MCA will change the way you play hardcore mode forever. Playing in hardcore unlocks a small, but game-changing super-secret feature. (not present in recent versions, sorry!)
- There's no loss of original Minecraft functionality. MCA villagers can be traded with, and any modded villagers are not overwritten with MCA villagers.
Note: MCA connects to a remote server to check for updates and also send us crash reports. This can be disabled.
MCA may be downloaded from CurseForge (where you're at right now!) or our website.
Unfortunately there's always the chance of running into a bug while playing MCA. You have five options when reporting a bug.
Do nothing - That's right. If your game crashes while you are playing, you don't have to tell us. We will automatically be notified and your crash report will be sent to us. If you never make it into the game, though, we won't receive that, so let us know you are having that sort of issue!
Post on this page - Feel free to post on this page if you have any issues. Myself or a member of the community will be able to help you.
Create an issue on GitHub - This requires a GitHub account, which is free. We usually respond within a few minutes. You will also be automatically notified when the issue is fixed. Please include your Minecraft version and MCA version. Go to our Issue Tracker to create an issue.
Send a private message - You can send your question or bug report via private message to me here on the forums. While I may not respond, all private messages are read.
Send an e-mail - If you don't have an account on the forums, you can send us an e-mail. Send all e-mails to [email protected] Please do not send suggestions.
MCA is licensed with the MCA Minecraft Mod license, previously GPL v3. This license is available here. It is simple to understand, but here it is in bullet-point form.
- You can create monetized YouTube videos showcasing this mod.
- You can re-distribute MCA at will on your website, however you can only distribute this mod through our adf.ly links. Do not use your own links or mirrors.
- You can use MCA in a modpack, however you must provide credit to us and link to this forum page or our website.
- Your modpack must not generate revenue of any kind. Exceptions apply.
- You must not modify MCA's source code, file structure, binaries, or assets.
- Troubleshooting is your responsibility if you create a modpack and MCA fails to work correctly.
- Source code is made available for educational purposes only, with the exception of the MCA API.
- MCA, its source code, and byte code cannot be modified, recompiled, or redistributed for public use except by the maintainer of the repository.
- We reserve the right to incorporate private modifications of MCA into the public version, with adequate credit provided.
- Any modification of this mod’s code, binaries, or assets is strictly forbidden from public distribution.
- Texture packs and resource packs are welcomed and encouraged, but may only contain the modified textures and/or sounds. You cannot distribute a copy of this mod with the texture/resource pack already installed.
- This mod, its assets, code, and binaries are released into the public domain when it is said to have reached its end-of-life as described in the license.
Many awesome people have made MCA what it is today. You are all properly credited on the Special Thanks page on our website.
Feature: Crash reporting can now be disabled in MCA's config.
Feature: Archers now hold bows and shoot arrows.
Feature: A villager’s current activity will now show above their head.
Change: Your default name when you do not use the crystal ball is now your username, rather than "none".
Change: Diamond molds are now stackable.
Change: Slightly changed sound effects played before and after setup.
Fix: Settings for villager health and guard health now work properly.
Fix: Uncolored cut diamonds were unable to be used in crafting recipes.
Fix: Trading issues with villagers, including no original trades and crashes, has been resolved.
Fix: Common crash while a villager is mining will no longer occur.
Fix: Gems you have cut can now be given as gifts.
Fix: Rare crash while guards patrol the village has been fixed.
Fix: The villager editor will now properly rename a villager.
Fix: Children you have picked up can now be properly placed back down on a server.
Fix: Rare issue where other villagers would not follow while another was mining has been fixed.
Fix: Middle-clicking tombstones and NPC beds will now give the correct item.
Fix: NPC beds now drop the appropriate bed when broken.
Fix: You will no longer be spammed with update notifications.
Fix: Setup room can no longer be destroyed while you are inside.
Fix: Guards now properly defend a village.
Fix: Recipe for divorce papers will now work properly.
Fix: Some missing dialogue has been added, resolving blank responses from villagers and other oddities.
Fix: Modded villagers will no longer be overwritten.
Fix: A potential mod conflict causing a crash on the setup screen has been fixed.
Fix: Several potential mod conflicts when a villager is attacked by a modded NPC or object have been resolved.
Fix: Villagers now properly swing their arms when hitting you.
Fix: When divorcing your spouse via a priest, they would still act as if you were married to them.
Fix: Patreon button will no longer intrude on the other buttons on the setup screen. My sincere apologies to those that were affected.
Fix: Setup room now properly disappears when you select a spawn area.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|Minecraft Comes Alive 4.1.3 for Minecraft 1.7.10||Release||1.7.10||6,967||09/21/2014|
- Tinkers Construct
- Mobs, Processing, Technology, and Armor, Tools, and Weapons
- 311,493 Monthly Downloads
- World Editing and Management and Admin Tools
- 232,005 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Anti-Griefing Tools, Informational, Teleportation, and World Editing and Management
- 220,031 Monthly Downloads
- CoFH Core
- API and Library
- 211,736 Monthly Downloads
- API and Library
- 193,742 Monthly Downloads