Witchery adds witchcraft and nature magic to Minecraft: cauldrons, broomsticks, ritual circles, magical brews, a bit of necromancy and voodoo for good measure; all topped off with a fetching pointy hat.
Witchery allows players to explore the magical art of witchcraft and though it, to learn to control the natural magic present in the world (and sometimes other dimensions).
Witchery provides several branches of witchcraft for a new witch or warlock to try their hand at. Witchcraft does not really resemble the flashy spell-casting performed by wizards and their ilk. There are no lightning wands or spell books, enchanted armor or flaming swords; instead, a well tended witch's garden will provide a lot of helpful ingredients for magic that will get you out of the occasional scrape.
There are of course darker sides to magic; and although these may bring power more quickly, the cost may be too high. Making bargains with demons should never be undertaken lightly!
- Witches Garden
- Brewing with a Kettle
- Poppets and Voodoo Dolls
- Dream Weaving and Spirit World dimension
- Circle Magic and Rituals
- Dimensional Infusions
- New mobs, plants and plant mobs
Copyright / Terms & Conditions
0. Used Terms
Mod - modification, plugin, a piece of software that interfaces with the Minecraft client to extend, add, change or remove original capabilities.
Mojang - Mojang AB
Owner - Emoniph, original author of the Mod. Under the copyright terms accepted when purchasing Minecraft (https://account.mojang.com/documents/minecraft_eula) the Owner has full rights over their Mod, in both binary and source form, despite use of Mojang code.
User - End user of the Mod, person installing the Mod.
THIS MOD IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITH NO WARRANTIES, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE OWNER OF THIS MOD TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED FROM THE USE OF THIS MOD. THIS MOD ALTERS FUNDAMENTAL PARTS OF THE MINECRAFT GAME, PARTS OF MINECRAFT MAY NOT WORK WITH THIS MOD INSTALLED. ALL DAMAGES CAUSED FROM THE USE OR MISUSE OF THIS MOD FALL ON THE USER.
Use of this Mod to be installed, manually or automatically, is given to the User without restriction.
3. Redistribution / Mod Packs
This Mod may only be distributed where uploaded, mirrored, or otherwise linked to by the Owner solely. All mirrors of this Mod must have advance written permission from the Owner. ANY attempts to make money off of this Mod (selling, selling modified versions, adfly, sharecash, etc.) are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN without advance written permission, and the Owner may claim damages or take other action to rectify the situation. Public mod packs may only include this Mod if they first receive written permission from the Owner. Private server packs are granted permission to include past and the current client versions of the Mod in a mod pack tailored exclusively for that Minecraft server. The pack must be distributed in a way that ensures that only players currently active on that server can download it. All mod packs with permission to distribute the Mod, must ensure that they comply with, and ensure all users of their mod packs agree to, these terms. The Owner reserves the right to remove permission given to a public mod pack to distribute the Mod, given a notice period of thirty (30) days.
4. Derivative Works / Modification
This Mod may not be decompiled, reproduced and/or modified under any circumstances without prior written permission of the Owner. This Mod is not open source.
- TWEAK: Adds Spirit World support for Alternate Terrain Generation (ATG) and ExtraBiomesXL mods. The Better World Generation mod seems to use non-standard tricks so you just get the standard world gen if that is used.
- NEW: Brew of Sleeping - Drink to enter the Spirit World, your physical sleeping form stays behind (along with most of your gear! Icy needles can pass the world boundaries!). Extremely high chance of having a nightmare when using this Brew.
- NEW: Apple of Sleeping - Eat to enter the Spirit World, will always cause a nightmare!
- NEW: Spirit World Dimension - Almost identical to the overworld. If any player in the dimension is experiencing a nightmare it will be night time, otherwise it will be daytime. Players experiencing a nightmare will be chased by their nightmare. Dying in the Spirit World causes the player to wake up in the Overworld. Using an Icy needle will also cause a player to return to the overworld. Circle Magic does not work in the Spirit World.
- NEW: Nightmare Mob - Chases players in the Spirit World who are having a nightmare. Fast and Hard to kill, run! Drops Mellifluous Hunger, a substance that can be transported back to the Overworld.
- NEW: Wispy Cotton - Found in the Spirit World, can be picked as either Wispy Cotton or Disturbed cotton depending on if anyone in the Spirit World is experiencing a nightmare. Both types of cotton can return with the player when they wake up! The cotton is used to make Fanciful Thread and Tormented Twine used in the manufacture of Dream Weavers.
- NEW: Brew of Flowing Spirit - Flowing spirit flows where the potion lands, flowing spirit can be picked up in a bucket. Flowing spirit has a mild regen effect for players standing in it. Undead and demons are weakened when standing in it. Nightmares cannot become invulnerable when standing in it. Flowing Spirit activates Spirit Portals. Can only be brewed in the Spirit World. Can be transported back to the Overworld as long as it remains in its original glass bottle.
- NEW: Spirit Portal, created using snow blocks surrounded a 2x2 empty area. Activated using Flowing Spirit on. Can only be created in the Spirit World. Players who have used the Rite of Manifestation on themselves can pass though these Portals into the overworld at the same location and appear as ghosts. Only Icy needles can pass though with them! Use an icy needle to return to the Spirit World (or after the effect of the Rite of Manifestation expire). When a manifested players time runs out, or uses a needle anything they are holding (except icy needles) WILL BE DROPPED!
- NEW: Rite of Manifestation. Allows players in the circle to manifest though Spirit Portals for a total of 2.5 Minutes (+25 secs per coven member). Requires Mellifluous Hunger.
- NEW: Spinning Wheel. Machine (requires altar power) that turns materials into threads. Used to produce the threads for dream weavers and witches clothing. Can also be used to create cobwebs from string.
- NEW: Brew of Wasting. Instantly breaks leaves blocks in the area of effect (causing drops if they have them). Monsters hit will be withered. Players hit will experience hunger problems.
- NEW: Dream Weaver of Intensity. Boosts the effects of nearby dream weavers, Digging and Speed increases the effect (and slightly reduces the duration). Fasting extends the duration from (4 mins to 6 mins). Also adds a very short night vision/blindness effect.
- NEW: Biting Belt. Craft with a portion to apply that effect one time when hit (same behavior as the Parasytic Louse). Worn as leg armor, has the same protection as leather. Can be died. Can be repaired in anvil or with Impregnated Leather.
- TWEAK: Using a taglock on a Treefyd for Villagers or vanilla farm animals (sheep, pigs, etc.) will make the Treefyd ignore all creatures of that type instead of just that one instance.
- TWEAK: Default duration of Dream Weaver of Satiation reduced to four minutes.
- TWEAK: Added support for Mine Factory Reloaded Planters for Witchery saplings and crops.
- TWEAK: Witches Hat, Witches Robes, Necromancers Robes and Icy Slippers now use Golden Thread in their recipes.
- TWEAK: Dream Weaver of nightmares now uses Tormented Twine instead of String in its recipe.
- TWEAK: Dream Weavers of Fleet Foot and Strong Arm now use Fanciful Thread and Tormented Twine instead of String in their recipes.
- TWEAK: Dream Weaver of Satiation now uses Fanciful Thread, Tormented Twine and Mellifluous Hunger in its recipe instead of string and potion of harming.
- TWEAK: Dream weaver of Nightmares now applies a weakness debuff instead of confusion. Two nightmare weavers still cause blindness.
- TWEAK: New config file setting to control the number of players that must be asleep for a Dream Weaver buff to be applied (prior versions required all players to sleep which is not necessarily the case when using the Morpheus mod).
- TWEAK: Added support for Altars to draw power from flowers and crops from other mods.
- TWEAK: Rite of Protection circles are 1 block wider so that they enclose the ritual glyphs to prevent leaving a gap for small creatures to run under. The barriers also remove replaceable blocks like grass and snow.
- FIX: Placing an Arthana on an Altar was not being rendered correctly in Fast Graphics mode.
- FIX: A distillery, Rites of Protection and Rite of Recharging were not rechecking the range to the closest Altar when an Arthana was added or removed, requiring them to be replaced/restarted to apply the effect.
- FIX: The Polynesia charm should not work on a Coven Witch.
- FIX: Curses and Counter-curses were not refunding foci items if the target player was not logged in.
- FIX: Rite of Shifting Seasons was not syncing some client-side tile entities with the server-side data following the biome re-sync.
- FIX: Altars and Void Brambles cannot now be moved by the Rite of Moving Earth due to this requiring way too much state management to get right, this fixes the bug where earth would not raise more than one block if an Altar was in the circle and that an altar split in half by the rite would lead to a null reference exception when used.
- FIX: Rite of Shifting Seasons did not recognize the skull item necessary to perform biome transformation to type magical biome.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
- Frame Protector
- Fixes and Anti-Griefing Tools
- 272,094 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Chat Related, Teleportation, Economy, and General
- 180,755 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Anti-Griefing Tools, Informational, Teleportation, and World Editing and Management
- 161,095 Monthly Downloads
- Role Playing, General, and Fun
- 133,623 Monthly Downloads
- 103,618 Monthly Downloads