Witchery adds witchcraft and nature magic to Minecraft: cauldrons, broomsticks, ritual circles, magical brews, a bit of necromancy and voodoo for good measure; all topped off with a fetching pointy hat.
Witchery allows players to explore the magical art of witchcraft and though it, to learn to control the natural magic present in the world (and sometimes other dimensions).
Witchery provides several branches of witchcraft for a new witch or warlock to try their hand at. Witchcraft does not really resemble the flashy spell-casting performed by wizards and their ilk. There are no lightning wands or spell books, enchanted armor or flaming swords; instead, a well tended witch's garden will provide a lot of helpful ingredients for magic that will get you out of the occasional scrape.
There are of course darker sides to magic; and although these may bring power more quickly, the cost may be too high. Making bargains with demons should never be undertaken lightly!
- Witches Garden
- Brewing with a Kettle
- Poppets and Voodoo Dolls
- Dream Weaving and Spirit World dimension
- Circle Magic and Rituals
- Dimensional Infusions
- New mobs, plants and plant mobs
Copyright / Terms & Conditions
0. Used Terms
Mod - modification, plugin, a piece of software that interfaces with the Minecraft client to extend, add, change or remove original capabilities.
Mojang - Mojang AB
Owner - Emoniph, original author of the Mod. Under the copyright terms accepted when purchasing Minecraft (https://account.mojang.com/documents/minecraft_eula) the Owner has full rights over their Mod, in both binary and source form, despite use of Mojang code.
User - End user of the Mod, person installing the Mod.
THIS MOD IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITH NO WARRANTIES, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE OWNER OF THIS MOD TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED FROM THE USE OF THIS MOD. THIS MOD ALTERS FUNDAMENTAL PARTS OF THE MINECRAFT GAME, PARTS OF MINECRAFT MAY NOT WORK WITH THIS MOD INSTALLED. ALL DAMAGES CAUSED FROM THE USE OR MISUSE OF THIS MOD FALL ON THE USER.
Use of this Mod to be installed, manually or automatically, is given to the User without restriction.
3. Redistribution / Mod Packs
This Mod may only be distributed where uploaded, mirrored, or otherwise linked to by the Owner solely. All mirrors of this Mod must have advance written permission from the Owner. ANY attempts to make money off of this Mod (selling, selling modified versions, adfly, sharecash, etc.) are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN without advance written permission, and the Owner may claim damages or take other action to rectify the situation. Mod packs may only include this Mod if they first receive permission from the Owner. All mod packs with permission to distribute the Mod, must ensure that they comply with, and ensure all users of their mod packs agree to, these terms. The Owner reserves the right to remove permission given to a mod pack to distribute the Mod, given a notice period of thirty (30) days.
4. Derivative Works / Modification
This Mod may not be decompiled, reproduced and/or modified under any circumstances without prior written permission of the Owner. This Mod is not open source.
- TWEAK: Allowed mutandis to be taken to the spirit world to allow a slightly faster start to building there.
- TWEAK: Added variations of bound fetishes to the witchery creative tab.
- TWEAK: Fetishes now trigger more promptly.
- TWEAK: Added Chinese translations.
- FIX: On servers the icon for Wispy Cotton in the Herbology book was undefined.
- FIX: Spectres triggered from a Sentinel fetish preferred to attack players than their intended targets, even if the player is in a whitelist.
- FIX: Sentinel Fetish will not attack the player if they return from the Spirit World after sleeping near the fetish.
- FIX: Null reference exception can occur if a spectre fails to spawn from a Sentinel Fetish.
- NEW: Fetishes - Scarecrow, Trent Effigy and Witch's Ladder. These blocks can be used as decorative pieces, or used in a Rite of Binding to bind spectral creatures into them. The combination of spectral creatures causes a placed fetish to have a different effect. Taglocks may be used on a fetish to add that player or creature to the objects list of known entities. A manifested player can pick up and carry bound fetishes to the spirit world, their effect will be felt in both worlds.
- NEW: Voodoo Protection Fetish. Voodoo Protection Poppets in a player's inventory in the area of effect of the fetish (16 blocks) will only be damaged to a normal extent even when a curse is cast by a witch with a cat familiar. Additionally the poppet will protect against the Rite of Transposition.
- NEW: Shrieking Fetish. The fetish will scream when a non-whitelisted (or blacklisted) creature approaches within 16 blocks. It will also emit a redstone signal. If a witch's ladder is used, there will be no screaming, only the redstone signal.
- NEW: Sentinel Fetish. When a non-whitelisted (or blacklisted) creature approaches within 8 blocks of the fetish, spectres will be released to force them to flee.
- NEW: Disorientation Fetish. When a non-whitelisted (or blacklisted) creature approaches within 8 blocks of the fetish, they will be flipped around, the effect becomes more disorientating the closer the creature approaches. The fetish will ignore players with no arms or armor.
- NEW: Ghost Walking Fetish. When near this fetish, the timer for a spirit walking player (Rite of Manifestation) will not decrease. This essentially allows path ways to be built for ghostly characters to walk along.
- NEW: Spectral Stone - Used to trap aggressive spectral creatures (spectre, banshee and poltergeist) using a Rite of Binding, can be used to summon the creatures in an enthralled state (so controllable with the Necromantic Stone). Can hold up to three creatures.
- NEW: Baba Yaga's Hat - Like a normal Witches' Hat but has only a 25% chance (instead of 35%) for a second potion, but has also a 25% chance of a third potion. Also at the cost of 2.5% of a players infused power, the is a chance the player will be teleported a short distance instead of being hit.
- NEW: Spirit - Mob that spawns in the Spirit World and flies around as a golden ball of light. Kill to subdue it, subdued spirits can be placed to allow them to fly once more, or taken back to the overworld to be used as ingredients (or released).
- NEW: Spectre - Invisible mob that that can be summoned. Chill touch penetrates armor doing taking 10% of the victims life.
- NEW: Poltergeist - Invisible mob that may appear when summoning spectral creatures, likes causing mischief by throwing items around.
- NEW: Banshee - Mob that can be summoned, screams in a non-to-nice way causing magical damage to all nearby players.
- NEW: Death - Boss mob. Very nasty.
- NEW: Brazier - New apparatus used to burn various items to create magical effects. Most commonly used for necromantic summonings in association with the Wormwood plant. Use of the brazier has a chance of summoning a Poltergeist.
- NEW: Brazier effect - Graveyard mist.
- NEW: Brazier effect - Summon Spectre.
- NEW: Brazier effect - Summon Banshee.
- NEW: Brazier effect - Deathly Veil.
- NEW: Brazier effect - Anguish of the Dead.
- NEW: Brazier effect - Fortification of the Corpse.
- NEW: Brazier effect - Drain Growth.
- NEW: Book Witchcraft: Conjuration & Fetishes.
- NEW: Boline - Functions as sheers but can also harvest cobwebs, trapped plants and blood roses. Has other uses connected with necromancy too.
- NEW: Wormwood plant - Grows on cultivated land to two blocks in height. Drops seeds and wormwood. Initially mutated from grown wheat and wispy cotton.
- NEW: Brew of Revealing - Reveals invisible spirits, creatures and players.
- NEW: Infused Brew Base - Used to make infused brews, there are two recipes, the first is expensive, the second is cheaper but requires another Infused Brew Base.
- NEW: Infused Brew of the Grave - Long duration buff to necromantic skills (Enthrall undead with a necromantic stone, feed on dead animals and players). Only one infused brew can be active at a time.
- NEW: Infused Brew of Soaring - Long duration speed and control buff for Enchanted Broom flight. Stacks with buffs from the owl familiar. Only one infused brew can be active at a time.
- NEW: Brew of Hollow Tears - The opposite of flowing spirit, used with solidifying brews.
- NEW: Solidifying Brews - Brews that can be thrown at Hollow Tears to solidify it to a chosen material (dirt, stone, sand, sandstone, or optionally eroded away).
- NEW: Brew of Substitution - Swaps blocks.
- NEW: Use a Bound Waystone on a Crystal Ball to view that location.
- NEW: Buff a Treefyd by using a Creeper Heart (or Demon Heart) on it to boost its max life and damage (the demon heart boosts more).
- NEW: In the spirit world, Netherwart can be mutated from other plants with Mutandis.
- NEW: Distilling a Demon Heart with neterrack creates soul sand.
- TWEAK: The Biting Belt (and Parasytic Lice) will apply most potion effects before Vampiric Poppets are applied, regeneration effects will be applied after (if needed).
- TWEAK: Seer stone now also reveals manifestation time available to a player, if they have a familiar and their coven size.
- TWEAK: Sneak-use a seer stone to see details about yourself.
- TWEAK: The volcano raised with Rite of Earth's Wrath no longer has a flat bottom when expanded over air blocks.
- TWEAK: Walia mod is now supported, keeping trapped plants and alder doors somewhat hidden.
- TWEAK: Bibliocraft armor stand is now supported for witch clothing.
- TWEAK: Arthana can no longer harvest cobwebs (use a Boline instead).
- TWEAK: Blood roses and trapped plants will now be destroyed unless harvested with a boline.
- TWEAK: Collision detection for the Enchanted Broom is partially disabled when ridden, allowing brews to be thrown effectively.
- TWEAK: Poppet Shelves will only function in the overworld, nether, end and spirit world.
- TWEAK: Dragon Eggs provide substantially less Altar power.
- TWEAK: Spear of the Huntsman damage counts as wooden damage
- TWEAK: Only vanilla and witchery mobs will spawn in the Spirit World.
- TWEAK: Blood roses and Trapped Plants will now be broken if harvested with anything other than a Boline.
- FIX: It is no longer possible to repair chalk using Ars Magica
- FIX: Ars magic devices no longer change the type of a poppet.
- FIX: Ruby Slippers will now correctly teleport players to the spawn point if they have no bed.
- FIX: Bark belt GUI icons (the sticks) are drawn too high if the player has more than 10 hearts and is using the Tinker's Construct mod.
- FIX: Bark belt GUI icons were flashing when the player looked at a Biome colorable block (e.g. tall grass).
- FIX: Nightmares were spawning too frequently if the player is flying at a certain height.
- FIX: Nightmare shield was incorrectly timed.
- FIX: In peaceful mode, Mandrakes will always just drop their harvest.
- FIX: Whiff of Magic was missing its thaumcraft aspects
- FIX: Flowing Spirit will not be writable as Mystcraft pages.
- FIX: Left and Right motions in the Witchcraft: Symbology book were reversed.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
- Frame Protector
- Fixes and Anti-Griefing Tools
- 500,752 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Anti-Griefing Tools, Informational, Teleportation, and World Editing and Management
- 198,071 Monthly Downloads
- World Editing and Management and Admin Tools
- 193,610 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Chat Related, Teleportation, Economy, and General
- 177,779 Monthly Downloads
- Mine & Blade: Battlegear 2
- Ores and Resources, Armor, Tools, and Weapons, and Adventure and RPG
- 129,615 Monthly Downloads