The preliminary patch notes for Age of Conan's August 27 patch have been released.
It's split into two sections, one part that was posted very recently today and one which was released a little bit earlier.
- Tradepost - The sales commission is now added to the price of the item and withdrawn from the buyer.
- Tradepost - You will no longer be charged a fee for changing the price of your item.
- Corrected several typos in dialog in many areas.
- Rogue (General)
- Agile Mind is now a clickable. The cooldown is 9 minutes, and is reduced by 3 minutes per rank.
- Escape Artist will now always work. The cooldown is now 3 minutes, and is reduced by 1 minute per rank.
- Thirst For Blood will now properly increase the player's Stamina Regen values.
- Arcane Marauder will now properly drain mana with 4 feat points invested.
- Buffs from Reaver Stance will now display a stack count in the GUI.
- Buffs from Blood Rage Stance will now display a stack count in the GUI.
- Blood Champion will now give the proper buff effect when one point is invested in the feat.
- Blood Champion will now proc off Blood Flow (Rank 1).
- Rend and Tear will now improve the damage over time effect from Bloodbath I.
- Frenzy and Defensive stance no longer persist after zoning.
- Pressing ESC to abort a fatality will not make it appear that your opponent is dead anymore.
- Pets will now teleport with you when you zone.
- When you die, all the pets that were alive will respawn when you ressurect.
- The time display while in Tortage Underhalls at night should now be correct.
- PvP health/mana/stamina taps will now be displayed as intended in tooltips.
- The red skull should always appear over your own head when you are murderer.
- Items that you can not use no longer prompt you regarding their BoE status.
- /guild should now always work after zoning.
- When you dismount a horse, your regular runspeed will always be applied.
- (Lacheish Plains) Farghan no longer has looping dialog.
- Emotes and camera angles have been implemented to all 11 tradeskill dialogs.
- PvP XP is now only given if the opponent player is above gray con to you ( ie. no more than 7 levels below you or higher, and cons a color to you).
- Murderpoints are now given if the player you kill is more than 7 levels below you. (ie. that player cons gray to you).
- If under attack while you have Shield of the Risen active, out of combat regeneration is no longer stopped. This stops a griefing technique where spawn campers could stop you regenerating.
- Grouping or trading with criminals will reset your criminal timer.
- PvP levels gained will be shown as an onscreen message.
- PvP damage has been further tweaked to do less DPS than the damage done in PvE.
- The gate will now display a message when the damaged state is preventing you from opening it.
- City gates are now functional until the gate is heavily damaged.
- The city gate will no longer receive an extra lever after repairing it.
- It's no longer impossible to repair a destroyed city gate.
- (Conall's Valley) The Gambler's Gambit - The collision in the Spider Cavern has been fixed, and it is once again possible to pick up the debt money to finish this quest.
- (Destiny Quest - Priest) Awakening II - The Red Hand Inquisitor Leader will no longer spawn above level 20.
- (Destiny Quest - Rogue) Awakening I - You should now be able to stealth without every guard spotting you.
- (Destiny Quest - End Battle) The Red Hand High Priest will no longer spawn above level 20.
- (Khopshef) The Roots of the Earth - Quest goal has been updated with correct name, Darkroot.
- (Lacheish Plains) Brandoc Village - The waymarker for this quest has been made more visible.
- (Pyramid of the Ancients) Dangers of Decadence - The key is now removed your inventory when you free Shali.
- (Tarantia Noble) Paetus and the Nemedian Crown IIII is now named Paetus and the Nemedian Crown IV.
- (Tortage Underhalls) Gold and Gore - Looting rings from corpses should work correctly.
- Reduced the bonuses granted by all Invulnerability, Evade, Fatality, Offhand Chance, and Damage gems by a significant amount.
- Alchemist Cache no longer contains the easily accessible vendor-bought resources.
- The Skinner dialog now works,and resolves the quests to allow you to continue in the class.
- Several client crash and assertion error causes were addressed.
- The Noble Villas have been optimized. Some players should experience a noticeable increase in performance.
- Shield of the Risen will now be given to new characters when they reach level 5.
- Facial expressions have been added to a number of emotes.
- Female characters can now use the "pointdown" emote.
- The following emotes now work for both male and female characters:
- cheer, excitedclap, excited (formerly jig_f), flirt, hugefish, lightheaded, pushaway, trance.
- Players will now use the crawl animation when sprinting while swimming.
- You may now have up to two Team Heal effects (Renewal, Healing Lotus, Emanation of Life, and Martyrdom) running simultaneously.
- Priest (General)
- Vindicator will now properly affect Soldiers who joined a group in Defensive Stance.
- Rogue (General)
- Quick Dismount will no longer go on cooldown if used while moving.
- Quick Dismount will now work even with weapons drawn.
- Using Quick Dismount while riding a mammoth or a rhino will now result in an actual dismount, rather than just an ability cooldown
- Assassination (2) buff will now properly appear in the Buff GUI instead of the debuff GUI.
- All Assassin combo damage and stamina costs have been rebalanced to match some newly adjusted animations.
- From the Darkness and Ambush should now occur correctly, when performed from stealth.
- Cyclone of Steel II is now usable only with the correct weapon type.
- Ambidextrous will now increase off-hand chance by 2%/4%/6%/8%/10% per respective rank.
- Rend Flesh's bleed effect will now stack in the proper order.
- Changed the name of the feat 'Improved Wrath' to 'Improved Fire Weave.'
- Changed the name of the feat 'Lingering Wrath' to 'Lingering Fire Weave.'
- Changed the name of the feat 'Skirmisher' to 'Fleet of Foot.'
- Dark Templar
- Invulnerable Soul now increases the amount of damage absorbed by Covenant of Invulnerability by 2/4/6/8/10 points per respective rank.
- Fires of Gehenna will now have a 1 second cooldown applied to it after using Greater Flames.
- Chaotic Blast's damage component can now perform critical hits.
- The Defiance heal effect will now use the proper icon in the buff GUI.
- Impale combo now has a squelchy fleshy sound when used.
- Herald of Xotli
- Tweaked the animation played for Pillar of Infernal Flame.
- Burn to Death I, Molten Steel Slash I, Pillar of Infernal Flame I now have new icons.
- The duration of the Flame Tongue buff has been increased from 8 seconds to 10 seconds.
- Blasphemy's cast time has been reduced to 2 seconds.
- Touch of Winter will no longer overwrite Ice Shackle's snare effect.
- Priest of Mitra
- Empowered Repulse should also increase the length of the knockbacks by 1 meter for each point.
- Holy Conquest's bonus holy damage on the Devotional Prayer spell will now properly affect teammates.
- Channeling spells now use correct amount of mana per tick. Players should no longer be able to cancel spells early and recast them for a reduced mana cost.
- Cripple and Cripple Enemies now have new icons.
- Flesh Ripper and Piercing Shot IV now have new icons.
- Leghold Trap should no longer ignore Root Immunity.
- Traps should not triggered by corpses anymore.
- Tempest of Set
- Inner Charge will now properly remove its effect after casting Lightning Strike.
- Set's Life Spark will now wait until you are fully dead before trying to resurrect you.
- All Channeling spells now use mana, even if it is a small amount...
- The base Immunity chance on all players is now 5%.
- The base Immunity cap on all players is now 15%.
- Sidestep will now increase the player's Immunity Cap by 10%.
- You can no longer go into hiding while fighting a much lower level NPC.
- Fixed a bug where, if your current target went into hiding, you wouldn't be able to target him again when he reappeared unless you'd targeted something else in the meantime.
- Combat transitions for all characters dual-wielding any combination of weapons should now be smoother.
- Female polearm users who double tap should see a correct animation.
- Charge can no longer be used on non-alive targets.
- All weapons should now work correctly with the combos available to that weapon type. (ex. Guardian combo Slaughter).
- Combo timers are now adjusted to not time out when the server lags.
- The female charge animation has been corrected to not throw the female backwards anymore.
- When shift-clicking a character name in chat, information about that player will be shown in yellow in the same window you clicked in.
- Players should no longer see duplicated buff icons for some abilities on their clients.
- The modified damage multipler in various tooltips now shows up with percent values, as intended.
- Combo and spell tooltips should always display with gray text now.
- Maps updated for Tortage Island, Tortage Day, Tortage Night, and the volcano.
- You will now see an onscreen message when you cast a targeted spell without a target.
- Combos should now show more information about what they are doing. Also, the order in which this information is displayed has been changed.
- Fixed some visual issues for player city buildings.
- Fixed an issue with tier 5 one handed edged weapons. These can now all be dual wielded.
- All vendor-bought resources purchased will appear in the "Bag" tab and not the "Resource" tab of the inventory.
- Sacrarial Cabochon Iolite will now give the proper invulnerability bonuses.
- Cotton and Cottonwisp can no longer be found on NPCs.
- Guardian tier armor wrist and gauntlet pieces will now give bonuses to polearm and 1h weapons.
- Fire and Glory spear is no longer tiny.
- Loot has been distributed to the new chests in Atzel's Fortress.
- Bloodsire Boots should no longer cause weird ankle animations.
- Dark Templar raid armor, such as Gauntlets of Baleful Blood, now only gives bonuses to 1h weapons.
- Mounting rhinos while having your weapons drawn should now work.
- Removed long range bows from NPCs.
- Npcs will not try to attack players that have left the playfield anymore.
- (Eiglophian Mountains) Chief Uruk'A has dinged, and is now a higher level!
- (Imirian Ravine) Blade Champion Krol should now reset properly.
- (Imirian Ravine) Deatheater Setmorpok has had his name changed to Deatheater Setkanh.
- (Kheshatta) Scorpion Archers should now behave normally, and exit stealth when agroed.
- (Kheshatta) Selkhetite Archer spells damage has been changed, and has been nerfed to proper values. They should also no longer bypass damage deflection (Such as PoM Hand of Mitra)
- (Scorpion Cave) Scorpion Abomination should now regenerate health less frequently.
- (Tarantia Noble) Fading Black horses should now have animations.
- (Tarantia Noble) Aviton's pants are no longer clipping with his tunic.
- (Tarantia Noble) The Nemedian Archers have decided to use arrows again.
- The spell Sabazio's Constriction cast by the Blood Constrictors in the Sabazios encounter will now damage players as intended.
- Agroed deer should once again have animations while chasing you.
- Yetis have had their textures corrected.
- Gameplay in the Tarantia Noble Disctrict Villas has been updated.
- Bosses in the Main System are no longer mezzable.
- Har-Shebesh should no longer become passive in some rare situations.
PVP/ MASSIVE PVP
- Massive PVP
- You will no longer incorrectly learn a siege camp resurrection point when you are not in a guild.
- Ballistas will now properly despawn after a tower is destroyed.
- You can now attacking Siege Buildings with melee, spells, and siege weapons.
- Several collision fixes done for Battlekeep buildings.
- All members of a murderous group now receive the full penalty, instead of sharing it.
- Minigames - You will no longer be able to have different tier players in your team when your team joins a match.
- Minigames - Buffs for carrying the Skull have been renamed to 'Carrying Skull.'
- Destiny Quest (Priest)
- Awakening II: Defend the townsfolk - Waymarker changed to an area waymarker so it's easier to spot.
- Destiny Quest (Rogue)
- Awakening III: The Tortage Keep instance has been revamped slightly.
- Awakening III: Ulric should no longer sleep with his eyes open.
- General Quest
- (Atzel's Approach) War Standard - Should have a slightly more interesting quest ending.
- (Atzel's Approach) Kidnapping and Torture - Added feedback when interacting with the last palisade.
- (Conarch Village) Rotten Molars - The drop rate on teeth has been changed. Now 2-4 teeth will drop per mob.
- (Eiglophian Mountains) Flowers of the Snow - Corrected waypoint for returning to Nola.
- (Eiglophian Mountains) Rithrall will now speak to the player in the quest 'Convincing the Hunter'.
- (Field of the Dead) The Price of Treason - Quest item added.
- (Field of the Dead) The Rescue of Isobail II - Now has a more accurate waypoint.
- (Field of the Dead) The Curse of the Werewolves - Now has a larger area waypoint.
- (Kheshatta) Grim Grey God - Added animations for interacting with the sarcophagi and pedestals.
- (Kheshatta) "Heady Kaphil Liquor", "The Spice in the Sand", and "Anuket Spring Water" quests have had item respawn rates tweaked.
- (Kheshatta) The Abomination - Item rewards will now be given out correctly.
- (Khopshef) The Aberration - Hamadi should now patrol correctly at all times.
- (Khopshef ) The Dead Devotee of Derketo should no longer be selectable when you are not on the quest.
- (Khopshef) The Slave Rebellion - The cage key will now drop correctly.
- (Scorpion Cave) Quest "The Four Accursed Keys" has had it's goal coordinates set properly.
- (Tarantia Noble) Catus for the quest "Nobles of Tarantia" has been moved, and the quest coordinates updated.
- (Thunder River) Moonshine - An Empty Bottle will now be spawned in the player's quest inventory when starting the quest.
- (Thunder River) The Kitten - The bottle of milk now has an icon. Also, the cat now correctly patrols and eventually despawns
- (Villa Verde) The quest "Noble Valuables" has been changed. Vandal Despoilers will drop the loot bags now.
- (White Sands) Garden of Cursed Mysteries can no longer be completed outside the search area.
- Slotted gems should now appear in armor consistently, even after zoning.
- "Padparasha" gems have been renamed "Padparadscha".
- The tradeskill merchant Graehm in Lacheish will now sell Common Thread.
- Resource & Gathering: The chance to get rare resources from tier 1 and tier 2 resource nodes has been increased.
- Teardrop Amethyst now requires the correct gem, Flawless Amethyst.
- Atzel's Fortress has been re-textured and re-lit.
- (Poitain) Rocks near buildings can no longer be scaled.
- (Tarantia Noble) Several texture issues on buildings were corrected.
- (Tarantia Noble) The climbing point in Villa Amiel is now functional.
- (Tarantia Noble) It should no longer be possible to clip your camera through the wall in the Catacombs.
- (Tarantia Noble) Both Torches and Braziers have had their names fixed.
- (Tarantia Noble) Numerous collision fixes done here to improve movement through areas.
- (Tortage) The Seadog Mansion now has a proper roof.
- (Tortage) Added some fish in the ocean outside the beach.
- (Tortage) The Coastal Caves have been revamped to make it easier to find your way around.
- (Tortage) All ladders should be usable and work correctly.
- (Tortage Night) Players should no longer be able to climb outside the playfield.
- (Wild Lands) Fireplace flame effects should no longer be visible on house floors.