Funcom has release Patch 3.1 for Age of Conan Unchained today, bringing a ton of new features and content to the game. Age of Conan recently went free to play and the transition seems to have gone quite smoothly, with Funcom now releasing additional content to players.
In terms of game performance, today's update includes:
- New server side PhysX that improves our infrastructure and server performance.
- New Server Load Balancing, and system changes, to improve performance in Raids and Siege PVP (or indeed any situation with lots of players present).
- Major database update that will allow us to expand player inventory and storage space in the updates that follow this one. In this update we already have expanded the quest log space by 15 slots for premium players.
- Back end optimizations that help server performance and should reduce instances of 'server lag'.
- Improved handling of Damage numbers that should help client performance for some users.
- Improved handling of offline buff timers for better consistency.
- Reworked the network traffic and system feedback used for the ‘tap’ system (health, stamina and mana gain from ‘tap’ spells/skills). This should improve performance in certain situations and also make sure the results appear more consistently.